#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#101 ·
Re: Whats your perfect idea for future Taker feuds/matches/appearances, OR retirement

Everything I've read suggests Mark plans to perform at Wrestlemania for the forseeable future. 25-0? ... A quarter of century.

• Cena is the only guy you can believe would defeat him. They can get a rematch or two out of that. Especially an I quit match...

• Brock Lesnar in a realistic shoot style cage match, like Joe/Angle at Lockdown 2008. We all know he's a huge MMA fan.

• Punk and Sheamus are being built up enough as super-faces to challenge for the streak.

• The Rock is a possibility; Austin is a minor possibility.

• If 45 year old Kane calls it a day, it would be fitting his onscreen brother ends his career. 2010 feud has never been resolved. Match would be shit but they could give it enough gimmicks to make it interesting.

• Unlikely possibility of novelty matches against Sting and/or Goldberg.

#103 ·
Re: Whats your perfect idea for future Taker feuds/matches/appearances, OR retirement

Everything I've read suggests Mark plans to perform at Wrestlemania for the forseeable future. 25-0? ... A quarter of century.

• Cena is the only guy you can believe would defeat him. They can get a rematch or two out of that. Especially an I quit match...

[*]Brock Lesnar in a realistic shoot style cage match, like Joe/Angle at Lockdown 2008. We all know he's a huge MMA fan.

• Punk and Sheamus are being built up enough as super-faces to challenge for the streak.

• The Rock is a possibility; Austin is a minor possibility.

• If 45 year old Kane calls it a day, it would be fitting his onscreen brother ends his career. 2010 feud has never been resolved. Match would be shit but they could give it enough gimmicks to make it interesting.

• Unlikely possibility of novelty matches against Sting and/or Goldberg.
Brock Lesnar, yes. "Realistic shoot style match", no. Angle/Joe at Lockdown was terrible. Even the usually accepting TNA fans were chanting "we want wrestling". And of course TNA tried to do something similar again with AJ Styles/Frank Trigg. Even Styles got legit pissed after the match. Bottom line, keep the MMA style away from wrestling, apart from a couple of cool looking moves.

#102 ·

Great posts!! I definately hope he keeps going for a few more runs, especially if they are hoping for a possible 25-0!! I think they can squeeze out that many more good WM matches for Taker. It will be very interesting to see what he does next. In one way it kinda sucks cause the ending of the WM28 match was just a storybook ending, but if they would make it plain to people already that it was the end of Taker/HHH/HBK together, it may not seem so useless of an ending whenever he returns again. Im pretty sure and confident neither Taker nor the WWE is going to let the streak end whenever he decides to retire, so now it feels like a shit ton of pressure has been taken off and I could now enjoy the matches without worrying whether WWE fucked it all up again or not. I was pretty sure Taker would get to 20-0, but with the WWE you just have to wait and see and see it to believe it LOL...

#104 ·

I can see only a handful of people in pro wrestling who are 'big' enough to face Taker at WM.

Sting - A dream match for the IWC including myself. I know Sting isn't as good a worker as he was years ago, but just thinking of WCW's equivalent of The Undertaker standing across the ring at WrestleMania is chilling. Unfortunately the chances of this happening is very small indeed, but wrestling is less predictable than we think. Who knows?

The Rock - Another one of the qualified guys to face Taker. I doubt the anticipation for this would be as high as Vs Cena WM28, but I'm certain it would be a better match. Again it's unlikely, as Rock will probably be all over the WWE title in the ME match.

Cena - The majority want this the most, and so they should. On the entire full-time roster right now, Cena should be next in line. It's very rare to watch 1 on 1 Undertaker/Cena matches, that last I can remember was at a house show in 2006 which Khali interfered in. Could seem like a legit threat if Cena's booked strongly months in advance.

Brock - Much like the Rock. IF he actually works WM he'll probably be used in a different capacity. His loss to Cena hurt him though, and he may not even come back.

Austin
- IMO the biggest of them all. A titan match involving the biggest star of the AE against the biggest star of WrestleMania. Chances are extremely slim since if Austin was to come back, he'd likely be putting over Punk or Cena, since he seems to be that kind of guy. Again only time will tell.

#114 ·

I can see only a handful of people in pro wrestling who are 'big' enough to face Taker at WM.

Sting - A dream match for the IWC including myself. I know Sting isn't as good a worker as he was years ago, but just thinking of WCW's equivalent of The Undertaker standing across the ring at WrestleMania is chilling. Unfortunately the chances of this happening is very small indeed, but wrestling is less predictable than we think. Who knows?

The Rock - Another one of the qualified guys to face Taker. I doubt the anticipation for this would be as high as Vs Cena WM28, but I'm certain it would be a better match. Again it's unlikely, as Rock will probably be all over the WWE title in the ME match.

Cena - The majority want this the most, and so they should. On the entire full-time roster right now, Cena should be next in line. It's very rare to watch 1 on 1 Undertaker/Cena matches, that last I can remember was at a house show in 2006 which Khali interfered in. Could seem like a legit threat if Cena's booked strongly months in advance.

Brock - Much like the Rock. IF he actually works WM he'll probably be used in a different capacity. His loss to Cena hurt him though, and he may not even come back.

Austin
- IMO the biggest of them all. A titan match involving the biggest star of the AE against the biggest star of WrestleMania. Chances are extremely slim since if Austin was to come back, he'd likely be putting over Punk or Cena, since he seems to be that kind of guy. Again only time will tell.
Magnificent choices! (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

Let's hope Taker will never have another Wrestlemania rematch in the future, there's simply too many big names to ignore only for the sake of re-adding old names!

#105 ·

Maybe that is why Sting turned down his one match Mania moment last year with Taker - because Sting would have to lose, i would stil love to see Sting-Undertaker but that moment has passed IMHO.

20-0 is a nice number to end the streak on but i would like to see at least one more Mania if he feels he can last one more, i am a big Undertaker mark btw!!

Probably VS Cena or The Rock for me atm i think.

#107 ·

I have always thought Taker should lose at WM, to an aspiring young heel with great potential (obviously the heel cheats to win in a huge way for massive heat). Then Taker returns at Survivor Series and faces the ender of the streak in a HIAC match, winning it and then retiring in the process, from where he began his career.

#108 ·

First, retire Kane. Give Kane a monsterpush, let him no-sell almost anything (like his first push when he faced Taker the first time). Undertaker accepts the challenge but only if it's a career vs. streak match. Undertaker wins and Kane retires.

He also HAS to face Cena. His streak won't be worth as much without Cena.

And I still hope he faces Sting. The only thing here is who will win? You can't hire Sting just for one match to lose it. But you can't really hire a guy for one match and let him beat the streak either. A no contest will let everybody down, so I don't really know what will happen.

#110 ·

I'll just post this link. It's an idea I had about a year ago, and it was one of the first things I posted on WF. I used Chris Jericho in the angle, but it really can be used with anyone when it comes time for Taker to call it a career.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/smackdown/573162-takers-retirement-how-id-book.html

#117 ·

I think Brock and Cena are the only good choices left really.

For Brock, Taker should interrupt him during a promo and make the challenge. They have the history and Taker would want redemption for being dominated by Brock a decade earlier.

For Cena, I say turn Taker heel. I don't honestly think most people will boo Taker except maybe the kids, but have him screw Cena out of the WWE title at Elimination Chamber and force him to face him at Mania to prove himself. Just seems like a heelish thing to do, plus if he turns this way, he can be a little bit more vicious. The only problem is that a heel Taker beating Cena clean seems unlikely, but oh well.

#121 ·

For me I'd like it to go like this -

WM 29 - Taker goes over Brock. I guess because the streak is now at 20, people may think it's a good time to end it, maybe even WWE commentators etc. could say they've noticed a drop in Takers passion and commitment to the streak now he's hit 20. So another taker win could be a nice surprise.

WM 30 - Cena (actually, I'm open for this to be someone else... Just not sure who just now :O)) goes over Taker. I know a lot of people don't want the streak to end, but I do. I'd much prefer the streak to end at 21 than 20 because ending it at 20 just seems to obvious. Maybe getting taker to 21 might have people thinking he can go to 25, so the loss at this stage might not be so obvious.

#126 ·

WM 29 - Cena
WM 30 - Brock
WM 31 - Rock / Austin / Goldberg
WM 32 - Sting
WM 33 - Kane (Both retire)

That's the order i would have if he was to go 25-0. ;)
33? That is veeeeerrrrryyyyyy optimistic lol :eek:

As far as Sting goes , as much as i would mark the fuck out - no chance now IMHO :sad:

#124 ·

He will go 25-0 in my opinion because;

1. He wrestles 1 time a year
2. He can do whatever he likes the rest of the year
3. He gets a massive check
4. He can still perform

I'll only comment on one.

Sting
Discussions have been made and Sting has been very close to signing several times, Sting has stated, regarding the WWE; that he would like to do one with the Undertaker. This time is more evident than ever, Sting only gets short term contracts with TNA.

Sting can still perform, it's all about the presence that defines Sting; If he went back to WCW Sting then there would be little difference in terms of how age really doesn't affect him.

He has signature moves that don't require a lot of athleticism, once again it's how they present him.

#141 ·

Sting's washed up and too busy doing his cornball Joker ripoff over in TNA. The guy should've signed with WWE for a few appearances YEARS ago.
Seriously, Sting was a moron for refusing WWE's offer last year. Who in their sane mind would prefer the worst PPV main event of the early 21st century with Meth Hardy instead of a legendary Wrestlemania match with The Undertaker, anyway?

Hell, let's put aside the clear difference in match quality and ask who in their sane mind would prefer a match with Jeff Hardy at some low PPV over a match with The Undertaker at freaking Wrestlemania of all places?!!!

Enjoy your retirement in front of 8,000 to 10,000 people, Steve!!

One thing I keep wondering, was Taker legit hurt and all at the end of WM 27? Was it kayfabe or legit when he couldnt get up and was drove to the back?? If it was legit, I wonder what they woulda planned for him at WM 28.. If he wouldnt have been hurt like that and woulda walked out just like he did at 28... Woulda been no use for a rematch, but it seemed legit to me that he was pretty much drained and had a injury or two also from that match... ??
It was kayfabe, but Taker sold it so good everyone bought it. Not surprising, considering selling kayfabe has been The Undertaker's forte for over 20 years.

But yeah, with the light schedule Taker's has been getting, going past 20-0 to even 25-0 isn't a stretch.

#128 ·

Realistic dream matches? Definitely Sting and Goldberg. But it's not happening so I guess Cena at WM29. If they're not going to put over Brock as the monster badass again and ruin his credibility, I can see Rock/Taker for WM29. Rock talked about Lesnar and Taker as his next potential opponents. Taker can still put on a great match every year and he is still a huge attraction, retirement is not even in the discussion.

#129 ·

Realistic dream matches? Definitely Sting and Goldberg. But it's not happening so I guess Cena at WM29. If they're not going to put over Brock as the monster badass again and ruin his credibility, I can see Rock/Taker for WM29. Rock talked about Lesnar and Taker as his next potential opponents. Taker can still put on a great match every year and he is still a huge attraction, retirement is not even in the discussion.
Any chance Rock would beat Taker? I doubt he would be willing to break the streak since he doesn't need to win, but also wondering what it will take for Taker to win. Just seems like since Rock returned a legend, he has more presence in the ring than ever. One tombstone piledriver simply isn't good enough and I very much doubt Rock would tap to the Hells Gate.

#130 ·

Well personally I would like to see him go to 25-0 then have a match with Kane that ends in no contest where both brothers retire.If Cena ends the streak that would be a disrespect.We already see Cena overcome the odds enough.I really don't want to see him end the streak.The angle could be a face masked Kane finally embracing his humanity and actually going after championships.He gets one final run then an up and coming (Ambrose maybe?) beats him for the title and the rematch at RR.At EC Kane gets one final shot and is the last eliminated by the young heel.The next night on RAW Kane says he isn't a monster anymore but it's ok because he is finally at peace.Undertaker's theme hits and Taker says how much Kane has grown.Taker says if Kane wants to see if he finally has what it takes to end the streak.The brothers fight to No Contest and thus Kane ends the streak and at the same time doesn't leaving both brothers as equals and free to retire.

#131 ·

I'm split

On the one hand I want him to walk away now because I don't think there will be an any more perfect moment, to go 20-0 in what is considered one of the definite MOTY candidates and to have that match be the end of an era. Also he has put on MOTY candidates on the last 5 Manias and I wouldn't want him to risk ending that run

On the other hand part of me wants the streak to end simply because what was the point of it otherwise? the streak has been one of the most memorable storylines in wrestling history and to not end it properly wouldn't be right. The biggest problem with that is that currently I don't see anyone who should end the streak and really for me the only guy who should have was Orton during his legend killer run.

#132 ·

(...)

The biggest problem with that is that currently I don't see anyone who should end the streak and really for me the only guy who should have was Orton during his legend killer run.
Funny thing is that it's kinda what Undertaker himself was thinking. He wanted Orton to go over at WM 21, but Orton didn't want to 'cause he respected Taker too much.

But I agree that noone should beat Taker at WM ever. Cena could try, but lose at the end tapping out to Hells Gate. Undertaker vs Sting should also happen, though I have no idea how it should end.

#135 ·

One thing I keep wondering, was Taker legit hurt and all at the end of WM 27? Was it kayfabe or legit when he couldnt get up and was drove to the back?? If it was legit, I wonder what they woulda planned for him at WM 28.. If he wouldnt have been hurt like that and woulda walked out just like he did at 28... Woulda been no use for a rematch, but it seemed legit to me that he was pretty much drained and had a injury or two also from that match... ??

#136 ·

Honestly they're stupid for letting The Undertaker keep going. It's been pretty clear for a long time, Undertaker is a Wrestlemania guy, his streak is his career by now. Twenty straight victories was such a nice clean number to end it at, they had the perfect storyline and everything. Twenty-five would be a good number to end it on as well, but that's at least five years away, he's aging just as fast as any middle aged man nearing his 50s and it's obvious that knee of his isn't holding out very well.

It's kind of like after the end of Fable, you have this big climax, everything is concluded, but then it just keeps going on and you're like "So now what?" There's nothing left to do. No young guy is going to get the proper rub off him either, would be almost as pointless as when they tried to get Randy Orton over by having him beat up long-since retired legends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.