Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Democrats

Thread: Democrats
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #114 (permalink)
Camoron
Working on my abs

Camoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friendsCamoron needs to make some friends
Default Re: Democrats

ITT: Almost everyone on both sides argues out their ass using bullshit generalizations and stereotypes that typically don't hold up to statistical scrutiny or that aren't solely an "American" thing. Obesity? Sure, the U.S. is number one. Not far behind (less than 10%) are other developed countries, especially English-speaking countries, such as the UK, Australia and Canada. They're still behind the U.S., but they're catching up fast.

I've already debunked the ignorant/uneducated argument in another thread. International testing scores (PISA) show that the U.S. is pretty middle of the road among developed nations. A bit below Canada and Australia, a bit above the UK, France and Germany, except in Science, where the U.S. is a bit of an underperformer, (insert your creationist bible belt jokes here). The problem with education isn't one of finances, despite many who say things like "u waste all ur money on war so ur education sux". Our education system needs improving but in terms of finances it should be completely fine. The U.S. ranks near the top in the world in per-student spending, so financially there isn't a problem. The problem is with the education model we use which is entrenched in so much money and teachers' union bullshit to the degree that changing it is a nearly insurmountable feat.

Yeah, there are serious problems here. Mo money mo problems. I won't argue that the U.S. is "best" at anything but I am not sure why we are the only ones held to this. I wouldn't really give a shit personally if an Australian thought his country was the best in the world. Doesn't bother me, just pride in his country.

The guy in the LAX story who looked surprised because you wanted to walk has nothing to do with obesity but with convenience. We're very convenience-oriented, which is why everybody has a car and drives it everywhere they go. This is especially true in certain parts of the country, L.A. being one of them, but not so true in the northwest or places like New York City, where they walk everywhere.

The problem here isn't just Americans like a few in this thread that respond back to criticism with threats of jingoistic violence or claims of superiority, but also with non-Americans that make tactless generalizations and act like snobs, then when they get the generic American nationalist crap of "ur just jealous we're the best" in response they jump back with equally retarded responses such as "lol typical fat stupid arrogant american". The end result is that you both do a poor job representing your country and look like a moron to anyone who's reasonable.

Last edited by Camoron : 05-27-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Camoron is offline   Reply With Quote