Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#749 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

A little weary of how suspect the Sox starting pitching is. Humber is a minor league player or career journeyman, Floyd has a propencity to give up too many HR balls and is generally hit or miss, and Danks has been wild this year. No questions about the capabilities of Sale and Peavy, but two starters won't get the team through the season.

Quintana has been serviceable but the rotation is in shambles. Worse off, there's nothing in the farm system to cure the problems. With the attendance problems on the South Side, Kenny will probably restricted and won't be allowed permission from Reinsdorf to go out shopping for another piece or two.

And that's a shame because this lineup is stacked. They've led the AL in offense since May 17th in just about every offensive category.

#755 ·

Where does Humber rank on the list of the worst pitchers to throw a perfect game?

Also, I kind of wish Harper was still a catcher. That position needs some rejuvenation.

#759 ·

Josh Beckett has to be the most overrated player in Boston. Ppl act like he is an ace pitcher. He had one good year and won a title but ever since he hasnt been very good at all. listening to the radio and watching stuff for years it seems like ppl talk so much shit about Dice K for being so bad but he also had one great year when they won the title. didnt he go 18 and 3. ppl treated Dice K like trash yet Beckett has been so bad for years. He was supposed to be the ace of the staff but it looks like its Jon Lester now.

#764 ·

So are the Dodgers for real here or what? Vin Scully just mentioned that Ethier is in a slump and obviously they don't have Kemp, yet they're still winning. SF is right on their ass, and the Dbacks should be far more scary when/if Upton and Young get the bats going again.

#766 ·

They just signed Either too, "Ethier deal is 13.5m, 15.5m, 18m, 18m, 17.5m and 17.5 (2018) w 2.5m buyout if club option does not vest". Sounds a little too much for me.
Vast overpay IMHO. Either is one of the most overrated players in baseball.

So are the Dodgers for real here or what? Vin Scully just mentioned that Ethier is in a slump and obviously they don't have Kemp, yet they're still winning. SF is right on their ass, and the Dbacks should be far more scary when/if Upton and Young get the bats going again.
Look at their lineup and I think you'll get your answer. My hatred for the Dodgers aside, they have vastly over performed and will come crashing down to earth like the meteor from FF7 anytime now. Think Pirates from last year. Their pitching is OK but when you have Bobby Abreu batting 4th, Jerry Hairston battin 5th, some guy named Elian Herrera batting 2nd you just can't keep it up.

#767 ·

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at without actually saying. Dodgers starting pitching is going too well too. Bills is a meltdown waiting to happen, and I don't know if Capuano is legit or not. Kershaw is gonna Kershaw, but he's only one guy. I think Jansen is pretty good, even after giving up the game winner to Pujols (I mean it's Pujols here), but the rest of that bullpen is not pretty good.

So yeah we'll probably be seeing SF and Arizona battling it out in August and September. Now with Kemp back and if he stays back, shit can change of course. I'm not sure when he comes back though. LA does have the luxury of that good start.

#771 ·

The Dodgers seemingly were the best team early, and for a while it looked like they would go in to cruise control but they fell back hard. Barely have the best record now. I usually wait until the All Star break to really evaluate teams and get a better feeling then for who's real and who's not.

By the way, when's the last time anyone was able to say "Hey, that Orioles and Pirates series should be pretty good"?

#772 ·

Pirates offense is historically bad. They have just managed to win an obscene amount of close games. They, like the Dodgers, will come crashing down to earth very soon. Orioles have already started to come back to earth, tho they are better than the Pirates.

#773 ·

If there's one good thing about the Pirates offense, it's Andrew McCutchen. Neil Walker is a good youngster too. Having an amazing start to the month, probably going to get hot now that the pressure of batting cleanup is behind him. 2nd spot should be good for him. Jones and Alavarez provide a little power. Unfortunately, they are all young players and it's tough to be consistent hitting when you're depending on an offense stacked with younger talent. Which explains why as team they are so horribly ranked.

Joel Hanrahan has become one of baseball's best closers. Unlike last year, he's blown a couple already, but he's without a doubt a reason why they've won some of those close ones. Burnett/McDonald have given them solid outings.

Pirates are a fun young team to watch. I would like to see them make some noise and surprise the league but realistically, they will probably fall off by the All Star break.

#781 ·

Anyone else witnessing this greatness known as Bryce Harper? I make it a priority to watch at least an at bat or two every game of his. The shots Harper is hitting out of the park are gargantuan. OPS is 1100 in the last 20ish games, by the way. Check out that HR vs. Toronto today.

#783 ·

Anyone else witnessing this greatness known as Bryce Harper? I make it a priority to watch at least an at bat or two every game of his. The shots Harper is hitting out of the park are gargantuan. OPS is 1100 in the last 20ish games, by the way. Check out that HR vs. Toronto today.
Are we witnessing the reincarnation of Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.