Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#842 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Brett Lawrie has been turning it up as of late. I have never really understood fully how they calculate WAR but I've always considered it a total outlook stat. Something that looks at offense and defence. Lawrie's defence is certainly fun to watch.

#845 ·

I don't usually watch Sox games...are the announcers always that whiny
Hawk had a total meltdown regarding an umpire earlier in the year. It was pretty funny to listen to. He's easily the biggest homer announcer in the league. HE GONE

He's totally dejected when the other team scores too.

I like him though. Makes me laugh.

#851 ·

Brett Lawrie failed defensively at second coming up in the minors. Find it hard to believe that he can all of a sudden become one of the best defenders in baseball at third. I think the positive defensive metrics are largely due to small sample size. UZR, they say, should only be looked at across 3 years to truly get an accurate gauge of defensive talent. So I think Lawrie is playing slightly over his head, tho I do think he can be a good defender.

Also, Fangraphs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baseball-reference

Also, Hawk is the worst commentator in history

#852 ·

Brett Lawrie failed defensively at second coming up in the minors. Find it hard to believe that he can all of a sudden become one of the best defenders in baseball at third. I think the positive defensive metrics are largely due to small sample size. UZR, they say, should only be looked at across 3 years to truly get an accurate gauge of defensive talent. So I think Lawrie is playing slightly over his head, tho I do think he can be a good defender.

Also, Fangraphs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baseball-reference

Also, Hawk is the worst commentator in history
Lawrie is tied with Moustakas for best WAR for 3B in AL on Fangraphs.

#861 ·

While Tim's first part of that 1st inning was awful, it suddenly seemed to click on for him as he totally dominated three batters in a row, striking them all out. He didn't allow another hit for the rest of the game, and only walked two, while striking out 5 more. He might be in the process of turning things around. It's the best I've seen him look this season.

#872 ·

While Tim's first part of that 1st inning was awful, it suddenly seemed to click on for him as he totally dominated three batters in a row, striking them all out. He didn't allow another hit for the rest of the game, and only walked two, while striking out 5 more. He might be in the process of turning things around. It's the best I've seen him look this season.
Yeah that's what the commentators speculated but personally I'm skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it. Timmy's been pissing me off a lot this season and it's gonna take a lot more than a hot performance after already giving up 3 runs for me to forgive him. :side:

Sure wish the Giants could hit like they did in the 9th every game though, hot damn. :mark:

#862 ·

We all knew he'd turn it around eventually. He's far too talented not to. That pitching will be dominant when he's fully back to form. Cain - Lincicum - Bumgarner - Vogelsong oh my oh my. Zito hardly even matters when you got those 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.