Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#9,343 ·
Maxwell Chicago? COLT CABANA? If so, the "entertainment match" could be wonderful. I do love me some Bravado Brothers.

I guess I'm the only guy who cares to see Cage vs Chuckie T.

I know Gargano vs Matt Jackson should at least be good. It was back in Chikara in 2011. I see no reason why it wouldn't be this time around.

#9,346 ·

On December 18th of 2010, Kevin Steen was exiled from Ring of Honor after losing to El Generico in an ROH Career vs. Mask Match. For six months he was silent but at "Best in the World 2011", the man once called Mr. Wrestling returned with a vengeance and the face of ROH has not been the same since!

For this 2-Disc DVD set Steen sat down with ROH cameras for OVER TWO HOURS and, for the very first time, talked about the events that led up to his departure at the end of 2010. Steen opened up in detail about his relationship with Jim Cornette, how it was volatile from day one, and how it evolved over the years. Kevin elaborates on how he spent his time away from ROH cameras and just what brought on his unforgettable return in June 2011.He touches on the joy of returning at "Best in the World 2011" & the anguish of being told "another six months". Kevin also discusses his official return to competition in 2012 and the changes that had occurred in Ring of Honor in his absence. Taped the day after "Supercard of Honor VII", Steen also reflects on his reign as the World Champion and just what it meant for him to battle Jay Briscoe that night. Honest to the core, Steen holds nothing back in sharing his thoughts and feelings on the last few years of his life here in Ring of Honor.In addition to the must-see interview, this set showcases many of the moments from the last two years that shaped "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" including:

- Steen creating chaos at "Death Before Dishonor IX"
- The "10th Anniversary" post-main event promo unavailable on the event DVD
- Steen & Cornette going face to face on ROH TV
- And, of course, the "Best in the World 2011" segment that declared to the world Kevin Steen had returned and hell came with him

Plus 12 Complete Matches:
1) Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino...Final Battle 2011 12/23/11
2) Kevin Steen vs. Jimmy Jacobs (No DQ War)...10th Anniversary Event 3/4/12
3) Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (La Revancha Last Man Standing Match)...Showdown in the Sun Day 1 3/30/12
4) Kevin Steen vs. Davey Richards (World Title Match)...Border Wars 5/12/12
5) Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Edwards (World Title Match)...The Nightmare Begins 6/15/12
6) Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong (World Title Match)...Live Strong 6/30/12
7) Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Kingston (World Title Match)...Boiling Point 8/11/12
8) Kevin Steen vs. Cedric Alexander (World Title Match)...PWX: There Goes The Neighborhood 8/18/12
9) Kevin Steen vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)…Killer Instinct 10/6/12
10) Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (World Title/Ladder War IV)...Final Battle 2012 12/16/12

#9,351 ·
I got to see that Steen vs Elgin match from last year that you seem to be high on KC. A friend of mine also plugged it as being rather strong. iirc the finish was something absurd - Package Piledriver from middle/top rope. Insane.

btw, AAW Elgin related, how are his matches vs Silas Young from 2012? Both the 2/3 Falls & I Quit?

#9,353 ·
btw, AAW Elgin related, how are his matches vs Silas Young from 2012? Both the 2/3 Falls & I Quit?
The 2/3 falls match is very good if you've got the time to invest, didn't really think the I Quit match was anything more then average given how the match came to a stop during a spot and even with the history and how good Young's reign was just felt like a match.

#9,355 ·
ROH - Ring Of HYPOCRITES: Man AND Fan

Don't be upset ROH fans, this is just destiny.

Before Border Wars, I predicted that not only would I become the full time commentator of Ring Of Honor television, but also said that one of my members of SCUM would receive a World title shot.

Once again, my prophecy came true.

The team of Jimmy Jacobs and Cliff Compton CLEANLY defeated Team ROH. And I say "Team ROH" because their crew did not just consist of Jay Lethal and Michael Elgin, but they were assisted by that Nigel McGuiness and that turncoat Kevin Steen.

Kevin Steen should not have even be allowed to be near that match, let alone compete. The match should have been thrown out when Jay Lethal, under no fault of SCUM, was no longer able to compete. That is a fact.

The match also should have ended when Michael Elgin spent more than a count of 20 on the outside. That is another fact.

And the match should have ended when Kevin Steen blatantly interfered. Oh sure, the copout of "Nigel McGuiness had to make a decision" is total crap. This is another fact.

Did you really think Kevin Steen would fight for Team ROH? Then you are bigger fools than I thought you were.

Kevin Steen has always been out for Kevin Steen. That has always been his appeal.

But I knew how to reign that in. I was the one that got him to turn on El Generico, I was the one showed him how to use his rage to become the most dominant star in Ring of Honor, and it was ME that brought him the confidence to win the ROH World championship.

Do you really think he has changed? If you do, you are one of the many reasons why this company needs to die.

Kevin Steen is just a jealous person. Jealous that his spot in SCUM and our plans was replaced by a man, a legend, and a ICON.

Butttttttt, I am getting ahead of myself a bit.

Lets talk about how not only BJ Whitmer, but you, the fans showed your real feelings during the I Quit match at Border Wars.

BJ Whitmer, a known pill addict and the "martyr of ROH", tied up Rhett Titus and punched him in the face over 20 times. You punch a defenseless man 20 times with a closed fist? How much HONOR is in that? You had him where you wanted, but you chose to punish him. Interesting.

And even more interesting, when BJ Whitmer was going to hit me, The Leader, in theBACK of the head with a UNPROTECTED chair shot, you cheered him. And when he didn't hit me, you were upset. UPSET!

Let me write that out again: ROH FANS WERE UPSET THAT BJ WHITMER DID NOT HIT STEVE CORINO IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH AN UNPROTECTED CHAIRSHOT.

How dare you? With what we know about concussions in 2013, you justified BJ Whitmer doing this evil tactic.

And you, BJ Whitmer, how dare you even consider it? Do you hate yourself so much that you can't realize that you are the problem, not us, and would not only ruin a man's career, but possibly destroy his life?

We, as SCUM, may be "bad guys", but are we really? Seems to me that all we do is speak in fact.

This all could have been avoided if Nigel McGuiness would have acted like a member of management, instead of the second coming of Winston Churchill. A known coward.

McGuiness, where do you think I went when you sent me to the back during the I Quit match? SCUM isn't allowed in the ROH locker room, of course I am going to protect my follower, Rhett Titus, at any cost. This is all your fault Nigel.

And to put your hands on me during the main event is an offense that should have gotten you terminated. I was on the outside attempting to recruit Adam Cole as a member of SCUM, when you interfered, much to the delight of the rapid ROH crowd. I could have called Sinclair corporate

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30462674/MeandAustin.JPG

Let it be known to EVERYONE at ROH: Adam Cole is my friend. We have different views on professional wrestling, but he is young. He hasn't been broken down by the system and the fans yet. But its coming. I am not driving Adam Cole to SCUM, you are.

But its all good. The end is near.

Whether it be current champion Jay Briscoe, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Mark Briscoe, BJ Whitmer, Michael Elgin, or QT Frickin Marshall, it doesn't matter. Winning at Border Wars allowed me to pick a member of SCUM to challenge for the ROH World championship.

And that man is a legend, and icon, and my best good friend MATT HARDY!

It has been written, by me, that Matt Hardy will the next and LAST World champion in the 11 year history of Ring of Honor.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30462674/HardyChamp.jpg

100 years from now, fans will never remember Ki, Xavier, Joe, Aries, Punk, Gibson, Danielson, Homicide, Morishima, Lynn, Black, Strong, Edwards, Richards, Steen, and especially Nigel McGuiness. They will only remember the man that has 750,000 Twitter followers, a man that created his own match, and a man that a whole era was named after-Matt Hardy.

When ROH burns, we will find SALVATION

#9,356 ·
AAW - Path of Redemption 2013​

1) AAW Heritage Championship Tournament - Semi Finals
Samuray Del Sol vs Louis Lyndon ~ ***

2) AAW Heritage Championship Tournament - Semi Finals
ACH vs Juntai Miller ~ ***

3) Colt Cabana vs Dan Lawrence ~ **

4) Sami Callihan vs Shane Hollister ~ ***1/4

5) Bourbon Street Fight
NorthStache Express (Darin Corbin & Marion Fontaine) & Ryan Boz vs Keith Walker, Tweek Phoenix, & Lamar Titan ~ **1/2

6) Mason Beck vs MsChif ~ DUD

7) AAW Heavyweight Championship
Michael Elgin(c) vs Mat Fitchett ~ **3/4

8) AAW Heritage Championship Tournament - Finals
ACH vs Samuray Del Sol ~ *

9) Jerry Lynn, Rhino, & Arik Cannon vs Silas Young & Irish Airborne (Jake Crist & Dave Crist) ~ ***1/4

Like with most AAW events - that I'm starting to noticed - a fun, straightforward event. Beauty of this promotion seems to be how easy everything is to watch. Good or bad. It's unfortunate each show seems to have a random stinker or two, pardon those the rest of the show's solid/good string tends to not let the one negative have any long term effects. Especially since so far it tends to be a short MsChif match and that's about it. Finals on this show was lackluster & relatively poor overall. Don't know why, but right from the start I had a feeling it wouldn't be too good. A rematch when both are at full capacity could be pretty fun. Nothing like getting three reverse-ranas in one event, amirite? I anticipate Callihan vs Hollister's rematch. Match here was a ton of high octane fun. Should be more of the same once I get to Point of No Return.

#9,357 ·
ACH/SDS - * :leslie

I watched about 15 minutes of the Elgin/Silas broadway and turned it off. Started off with them clearly pacing themselves super slowly with chinlocks used as restholds 5 minutes in and Elgin seemed more interested in being smart with fans than being good at pro wrestling. I can't put myself through 60 minutes of Elgin. I tried at least.

#9,359 ·
Felt the same way watching it in person. Then I got tossed from the venue for arguing with the main event heels -- fuck 115 Bourbon Street, by the way.

These two could have done SO much more, but from my understanding, ACH had to work five matches that weekend, not an easy task for any wrestler. Something had to suffer somewhere, and unfortunately this is the match that suffered. Real shame, though, it could've been a classic.

#9,365 ·
Oh the ninja gimmick is still terrible. I think he looks like a mong. I'm only going by the little I've seen. Which is if he's in the ring with someone semi-capable, the match can at least be pretty fun. Once I get through more AAW shows soon I'll let you know how I feel.

He may or may not be a ninja version of AR Fox in my eyes.

#9,370 ·
I don't hate Fox at all but he's so frustrating because he could be so fucking awesome. He can do a ton of cool shit in the ring, and he can bump really well. If he would just learn to work smarter he would be one of the best indy guys out there. I wish we still had guys like Danielson, Hero, and Claudio that he could have a chance to work with because they could probably do so much to help him. Fuck, I would love for him to spend a year in developmental so he can actually learn how to work. He's had so many matches that I liked but his dumb shit prevented me from loving.

Evolve 20 and 21 look pretty solid. I think the Bucks will do well in singles matches. I know they haven't been great in those situations before but I honestly don't remember seeing them work singles matches as heels. I mean it doesn't make sense why the wouldn't do well in singles matches. Together they are the best tag team in the world, alone they should at least be really good.

#9,368 ·
DGUSA Revolt 2011 Review:

Arik Cannon and Pinkie Sanchez vs. The Scene: **3/4

Sami Callihan vs. Jon Davis: ***1/4

Masato Yoshino vs. Akira Tozawa: ***3/4

Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor vs. CIMA and Brodie Lee: ***1/2

BJ Whitmer vs. Vinny Marseglia: N/R

FRAY!
Rich Swann vs. PAC vs. Ricochet vs. AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation vs. Sabu: ***

No Rope -- No Disqualification Match
YAMATO vs. BxB Huk: ***3/4​

Nothing amazing here but it was a really fun show

#9,369 ·
Aaaaand in the wake of EVOLVE 20 being announced, we get the full lineup for EVOLVE 21. Notice the title and theme of the show:

EVOLVE 21: USA vs. The World
Saturday, June 1st, 2013
Edge Concert Hall
(fomerly known as Plush)
845 University Blvd N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211
8pm EST. Belltime

USA vs. Japan #1​
AR Fox vs. EITA​

USA vs. Japan #2​
Johnny Gargano vs. Tomahawk T.T.​

USA vs. Mexico​
Shane Strickland vs. Samuray Del Sol​

USA vs. Europe​
Caleb Konley vs. Tommy Taylor​

Bonus Tag Team Main Event​
The Young Bucks vs. Anthony Nese & Brian Cage​

Special Challenge Match​
Jon Davis vs. Chuck Taylor​

Special Attraction Match​
Lince Dorado vs. Jonny Vandal​

Tag Team Attraction​
The Bravado Brothers vs. Andrew Everett & Derek Ryze​

OH that Young Bucks tag match looks pretty. Haven't even seen half the other guys on the card before, so I can't comment on that.

#9,372 ·
Watched my very first Women Superstars Uncensored event today and it was OK I guess.

WSU Queen And King Of The Ring 2013

Quarter-Finals:

Jake Crist & Nevaeh vs. Pepper Parks & Cherry Bomb = *

Devon Moore & Mickie Knuckles vs. Drew Gulak & Kimber Lee = * & 2/4

AR Fox & Athena vs. Latin Dragon & Ezavel Suena = **

Matt Tremont & Addy Starr vs. Masada & Christina Von Eerie = * & 3/4
- I smell Masada heel turn brewing...oh and ending sucked.

Semi-Finals:

Jake Crist & Nevaeh vs. Drew Gulak & Kimber Lee = **

AR Fox & Athena vs. Matt Tremont & Addy Starr = ** & 2/4

Finals

Drew Gulak & Kimber Lee vs. AR Fox & Athena = **

Non-Tournament

Allysin Kay & Sassy Stephie vs. Marti Belle & Lexxus = N/A
- Did not watch so not gonna rate.

Sami Callihan vs Jessicka Havok = ***
- Match of the Night. Jessicka Havok with the surprise win, without making Sami look weak = (Y)​

Also Sami Callihan has been pulled from BJPW tour... normally I wouldn't do this but... :mark: :mark: :mark:

#9,373 ·
^ Masada got hurt near the end of the match, which caused the ending from what I read. Probably doesn't make a difference in the rating though.

E21 looks pretty passable with the exception of Bucks/Nese & Cage. Heard good things about EITA and Tomahawk but I've never seen them so I guess I'll have to wait until the DVD is released in mid-2017:lol

On a serious note though: Gabe seems to be putting more work into DVDs these days. He's still over a year behind on DG, but he's up to E16. I wish he's just team up with Highspots or SMV to get them out within a month or so of the event happening.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but all 2011 DG/EVOLVE DVDs are now $12 each.

#9,375 ·
Gabe seems to be putting more work into DVDs these days. He's still over a year behind on DG, but he's up to E16. I wish he's just team up with Highspots or SMV to get them out within a month or so of the event happening.
Don't the DGUSA/EVOLVE shows come out in chronological order? Mercury Rising came out a while back, then a bunch of EVOLVE shows (up to 16 currently), all of which I think happened before the next DGUSA after Mercury Rising.

#9,378 ·
CZW Proving Grounds 2013

Andrew Everett vs. Shane Hollister vs. Caleb Konley = ***

Jessicka Havok vs. Nevaeh = * & 3/4

The Beaver Boys (Alex Reynolds & John Silver) vs. BLKOUT (Ruckus & BLK Jeez) = **

Matt Tremont vs Joe Gacy = N/A
- Not gonna rate this, as this was just a one-sided, brutal beatdown, rather than a match.

Tracy Smothers vs Greg Excellent = 1/2 *

Naptown Dragons (Drake Younger & Scotty Vortekz) vs. Nation of InToxication (Lucky 13 & Danny Havoc) = *** & 1/2
- I'm not the biggest Scotty Vortekz fan on planet earth but MAN, what a surprise! NAPTOWN DRAGONS ARE BACK!!!

Jake Crist vs. Pepper Parks = * & 1/2
- So Masada was really injured? Damn. :( I was really looking forward to Crist vs Masada.
Btw Pepper Parks is awesome.

4Loco (Alex Colon, Azrieal & Bandido Jr.) vs. AR Fox, Tommy Dreamer & Shane Strickland = ** 3/4

DJ Hyde vs Sami Callihan = ** & 1/2
- If this really is Sami's last match in CZW... Thank You Sami!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.