Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#1,590 ·
I want vignettes of Ambrose playing. It doesn't even have to be a 45 second clip, it could just be little 5-10 second glimpses every week until he debuts. Certainly something different. Also, I don't believe that WWE is going to have him debut right into a huge program, or even into the main-event/mid card scene.

It's going to be like Sandow. They're going to test him first, see how the crowd reacts to him, and go from there.

#1,591 ·
It's going to be like Sandow. They're going to test him first, see how the crowd reacts to him, and go from there.
Have you ever seen the dark match promos that Ambrose does? he gets good heat and it's the most basic promo, it's just how he delivers his words and shit, he's really special on the mic.

That's not good though, they're going to disappoint you like they always do. Don't get your hopes up, you'll be pleasantly surprised if they do the right thing for once in their lives.

Ryder could be repackaged, there's no problem in that at all. But until Cena and Punk champion somebody who succeeds, as far fetched as it is to believe that Cena and Punk have no stroke, that's all I have to go on. And even then, Ambrose is so talented, he might've made it without them anyway. It's something we'll never know.

Yeah, that line is from an Ambrose promo at one of his most recent events. It went something like "you probably don't know my name, but you will soon enough. I'm WWE's secret weapon, they don't want you to know about me just yet". I'm paraphrasing as I don't remember his exact words. It's just funny to see so many people attribute that solely to Punk when the video is out there. I would've thought somebody would've seen it by now.
Yeah I've gotten better at expecting shit, it helps when it actually turns out to be shit most of the time. And can you link me the video to that promo, I have not seen it.

#1,594 ·
I think there is no doubt he'll be debuting on the 1000th edition of RAW. If he doesn't, his momentum will start to free fall to where when he does actually debut, the intrigue will be somewhat gone or not as hot as it could have been.

#1,596 ·
You may be right. WWE may just not debut him at the 1000th RAW just because "we" know to expect it happening, even though that screws Ambrose and eventually them anyways. WWE likes to think they can swerve us when we expected the expected and it will be all ok.

I expect him to show up but yeah it is possible. Anything is possible in the WWE.

#1,601 ·
Ambrose needs to pick a fucking finisher already. It's been Knee Trembler, Regal Stretch, Midnight Drive, Crossface, Rings of Saturn, Evenflow DDT. Just pick a main finisher and a secondary finisher/signature move.

#1,602 ·
having multiple finishers actually isn't a bad idea to be honest, it matches his unpredictable personality and him seeing the world in "multiple choice"(Joker reference) plays off his unstableness even more. His finisher is whatever works and whatever he feels like doing, it feeds into his unpredictability and leaves the opponent guessing, and makes him a "not your average" kind of wrestler. So I'd like that.

#1,605 ·
You can't have him have different, multiple finishers because then when someone does defeat him eventually after using all those finishers, it makes him look weak. It took him five finishers put him down but not finish him but it takes a Cena, Punk, or Sheamus one finisher, multiple times even, to take you out?

#1,609 ·
Even if he debuts in an odd time, I won't judge it for a while. I'm not going to judge his debut on when it occured, but how it occured.

My best guess idea is he either cuts a promo on someone (say Tyson Kidd) to make an impression and killes them, getting disqualified and hitting them with a chair etc. OR he goes straight into a Foley fued.

How about the best of both worlds? He does the match/dq but then later when he's getting filmed in the back or interviewed he bumps into Foley and the seeds are planted for a fall-time fued.

#1,623 ·
Holy shit, Trips is legit behind Ambrose? Like, no shitting me or are you guys just starting rumours? If Trips is actually behind Ambrose then he'll definitely get a huge push, then Trips will get scared that Ambrose might surpass him and he'll make him job haha. nobutsrslywwepleasedebutambroseatthe1000thrawit'stheperfectmomentandit'dbefuckingamazing. he will make an impact!

#1,631 · (Edited)
The greatness of AC/DC even further enhances it, lol.

Speaking of promos, I like the one he cut on Cabana that pops up in the suggestions. He goes into a different, high pitched, whiny kind of tone and cuts a great, passionate promo that shows off his craziness really well. It's astonishing that we finally have a guy who can be saddled with a psycho/crazy character and he'll look like he's ACTUALLY crazy. Cody Rhodes and AJ's different insanity characters are so damn phony, Ambrose plays it off so well you'd think he was actually nuts (Maybe he is to a small extent. I know he was homeless at one time, can only imagine what that did to him).

#1,640 ·
Cody had potential with the mask but it got shat down the drain.

As for Ambrose, he is natural in this role, probably the best insanity guy theyve had in a long time, lets just pray he does not get watered down when on RAW.

#1,633 ·
Care to divulge into why you feel that way? I'd like to hear from more on the opposite side of the fence when it comes to Ambrose.

The greatness of AC/DC even further enhances it, lol.

Speaking of promos, I like the one he cut on Cabana that pops up in the suggestions. He goes into a different, high pitched, whiny kind of tone and cuts a great, passionate promo that shows off his craziness really well. It's astonishing that we finally have a guy who can be saddled with a psycho/crazy character and he'll look like he's ACTUALLY crazy. Cody Rhodes and AJ's different insanity characters are so damn phony, Ambrose plays it off so well you'd think he was actually nuts (Maybe he is to a small extent. I know he was homeless at one time, can only imagine what that did to him).
Rhodes and AJ are far, far more camp than Ambrose is (although Rhodes had potential with the mask thing). What really stands those variations of characters apart is how utterly despicable this guy comes across. For all of the unpredictability and loose-cannon vibe in his demeanour, there's something that's unsettling in how..."down to earth" he is with his tenacity and desires. His self-proclaimed "indestructibility" gives him a real, believable psychopathic gear that runs deeper than his appearance and mannerisms (all of which are very suitable, by the way).

This is only in regards to his current character, which I think will be altered quite drastically in this face-friendly era. If by some divinity he's allowed to maintain his current form, I'd love to see him as a foil for someone like Cena and Punk.

#1,634 ·
Hmmm, though the perfect opportunity was there for him to debut last week with Foley as GM. He's not going to work a match with him IMO, Foley looks just God awful right now, he can barely get down the ramp. He got himself in good condition when he made his last in ring comeback in the WWE, can't see that happening here. A beatdown followed by a promo is more likely IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.