Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

View Single Post

Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #3385 (permalink)
TJChurch
Humbled

TJChurch is an after thoughtTJChurch is an after thought
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here To There View Post
That's his brand of humor. Face it, he has two very popular tv shows plus a movie coming out. TV Guide called him the smartest man on television and I believe it, he has made a fortune and established himself as a true comedy king.
For me, it's a question of quality-vs.-quantity. I am sure many don't care, as people count in TV ratings the same way regardless of many factors, & many people cost the same for movie tickets...

But the fact is I find it ironic when you talk about the "smartest man on TV", when I think some would (or do) say that a lot of his "brand" of humor is aimed/targeted at/for less-intelligent targets.

Makes me think about what people think of our country as a whole; When international audiences see things coming from this country like "Family Guy" (& some of the other stuff we "produce"), I stay in my hometown largely, because I don't want it known I come from that America.