Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread
View Single Post
post #5777 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
BGLWrestlingGod
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

I've been in late Ric Flair mood recently, so I decided to watch his (as of this date) last PPV match, against Jay Lethal at Victory Road '10.

All things considered, it's quite entertaining. I was obviously pissed when Flair broke his retirement to wrestle in TNA, but my rationale is that in comparison to WWE, TNA is like a house show. I can look at his match against Michaels as his "Retirement" match, even though a few follow after.

Of all the WWE/WCW cast-offs to go to TNA, Flair really has had a great run. He's gone back to being an old-fashioned heel, which works well for him.

The buildup to this match was just a blast. Lethal doing a dead-on impersonation of Flair, the classic "woo" off, so much fun.

The match itself is simple but entertaining. Flair is still in amazing shape, kept his hair shorter so it didn't get too messy, and can perform better than anyone ever could at 60. He takes bumps amazingly well.

The match never lets up. Lethal flies around, Flair chops away. The ending is simple but effective. Would I have rather Flair stayed retired? Absolutely. But if he's going to wrestle, it's a good thing his last PPV match was as much fun as this one.

Favorite Matches of All Time

1. Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX

2. Career Threatening Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania XXIV

3. WWE Championship: John Cena vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011

4. No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXVII

5. WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VI

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome