Wrestling Forum banner

F1 2012 thread

15K views 226 replies 39 participants last post by  1andOnlyDobz! 
#1 ·
ENw ferrari car released today. Always an exciting day when Ferrari release the car.

Very interested in how this one will run because while i no nothing about aerodynamics the open nose at the front along with the curved front to the nose just looks to me like a paragliders shoot so if the cars going 186mph wont it just take off rather than help the downforce :S

for those who havent seen it yet.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7478259/Ferrari-launch-aggressive-F2012 -

#193 ·
Maybe Mercedes have something planned up their sleeve but I feel Hamilton going there could end up another case of the Jacques Villeneuve syndrome. I shan't write off Ross Brawn, let's face it the guy is a genius.

I hope Ferrari stick with Massa. He's a quality driver, just in a poor Ferrari car.

Doubt Vettel will end up at Ferrari in '14. He'd be mid 20s playing second fiddle to a 33yr old. No point losing 5years playing number 2 to someone.

#194 ·
When Hamilton announced his move to Mercedes I was shocked. I couldn't see his reason for it, since McLaren were always a better team in my eyes. Still, though, it's quite cool that his replacement is going to be Perez, it's a great chance for him and he really deserves it.

#201 ·
Such a great race. If Kimi hadn't won it would've been criminal with the 20 second lead he had on Alonso when the safety car came out again. He was priceless on the team radio too, "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing." "Yes yes yes I'm doing all that." Then saying on the podium he got too much shit last time he won for not smiling enough was funny too, although Vettel upstaged him when he said they "fucked it up" in qualifying!

#202 ·
fuck fuck fuck, what a race. I hate that vettel finished strongly, but credit where its due. he had a bit of luck but he's obviously an exceptional driver. very very happy for kimi, sad for hamilton. fuck come on ferrari give alonso a better car, brilliant racer.

rosberg/karthikeyan was scary, the mercedes was so close to his head. amazing not one was injured at all, that energy absorbing barrier worked great.

#203 ·
Was sitting faced glued to the screen for most of the race. Great stuff. Surprisingly, Valencia and Abu Dhabi have produced great races this season. Race half dismisses the criticsm is Vettel not being a great overtaker. Always fighting, always pushing the car the extra mile despite broken wings and starting last. Both safety cars massively helped him though. But it was everything they needed the race to be, sells the final two events for every viewer. Don't look too forward to Austin, based on the track though. Just hopefully it goes down to Interlagos.

#206 ·
I can't believe it. I am begging for Alonso to win this championship but I'm afraid Vettel will run away with it again. F1 has become about the car more than the driver, sadly. Ferrari have big updates on the car for the USA GP, they have to work, it's all or nothing now.

Regarding Hamilton, poor flap. How much bad luck can one have? Well, he isn't exactly very wise to go to Mercedes either. Jacques Villeneuve 2.0 syndrome I see. That silver crapbox is so slow that even excellent drivers like Schumacher and Rosberg cannot get points on merit alone.

#208 ·
People writing off Mercedes already. If the double DRS that they tried earlier on in the season had of worked, people would be saying Brawn is a genius and Hamilton has made a great decision but it didn't. I think Mercedes have given up on this season a long time ago, working on next season.

Loving where all the Alonso love has suddenly come from. All British fans seem to be backing Alo over Vettel, it's weird especially after the whole "He's arrogant and a cunt"

#209 ·
I back Ferrari regardless of who is in either of the seats. Alonso is a very talented driver, and had Ferrari been able to maintain development of the car the same way that Red Bull have, then Vettel wouldn't even be within touching distance of Alonso.

#213 ·
I've never looked forward to a race as much as I have tomorrow's. That's coming off a great race in Abu Dhabi too.

The track looks unpredictable in places after practice sessions yesterday. Turn 1 will be fascinating too at the start. Hopefully Alonso gains or overtakes Vettel on the ladder to make it interesting going into Brazil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.