Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#9,301 ·
I've had Steenwolf from pretty much a few weeks after it released. Haven't watched it as well as a about another 10 shows. Last exam one the 25th of June, hopefully I can get back on track with wrestling in general then. Then of course there's Seabs best of 2011 set. I'll get to it one day.

#9,303 ·
I actually prefer their BOLA match to Steen Wold. Both are fantastic, but I put the BOLA encounter at **** 3/4. The storytelling with the kid in the crowd is just amazing.
I think I'm one of the only people that agree with you on this. I loved the Steen Wolf match , but he BOLA match takes it for me. Hard to decide between the Final Battle and BOLA match for me, just how perfect it was for a big blowoff.

Reactions: bigbuxxx
#9,307 ·
Steen vs. Generico feud, when looking at both PWG and ROH might be the best indy feud ever. I'm not sure if any other feud can claim to have this many good matches/moments

Steen's turn is probably the most shocked I've ever been at an indy show. I honestly thought I was hearing his retirement speech.
Steen/Generico Death Before Dishonor VIII ***1/2
Steen/Kendrick vs. London/Generico (some PWG show) ***1/2
Steen/Corino vs. Cabana/Generico ROH Bitter Friends Stiffer Enemies ****1/2 (that's what my review that I pulled up said)
Steen/Corino vs. Cabana/Generico Chain match ****
Steen vs. Generico Final Battle 2010 ****3/4
Steen vs. Generico BOLA ****1/2-****3/4
Steeb vs. Generico Steen Wolf ****3/4

I haven't seen their more recent ROH matches and I know I'm missing one or two of their matches from the early part of the feud.

#9,308 ·
So pissed off with USPS right now, been checking the tracking on my ASW DVDs as they should of been here by now it seems they were missent (whatever the fuck that means) and it's taken them 8 days to get to where they fucking started so they haven't even left the US yet.

#9,314 ·
Yeah I'm expecting customs as well I'll be lucky to get them before the end of the month, don't think I've got any chance of staying spoiler free :( Wish I'd just waited and ordered from ROH but I'm sure they don't usually get them in this quickly after Highspots.

#9,320 ·
Yeah, Steen Wolf has an amazing main event & a Tag Title match that rivals it for MOTN. I'm in the minority on this, I know, but I was marking so hard during Young Bucks vs. Future Shock. That superkick sequence was NUTS. Show also has a super fun Chuck Taylor vs. Ricochet match and an exciting Taylor Boys vs. RockNES tag. Great show for sure.

#9,321 ·
Steen Wolf is a really great well rounded show. A really fun six man opener, a nice little TJ/Romero match, a RockNes/Fighting Taylor Boys match which surpassed everyone's expectations, a Willie Mack/Davey Richards match that isn't to everyone's taste. What else was there? Oh, Future Shocks debut vs The Bucks which was great and a really good Ricochet/Chuck Taylor match. Of course then there's the immense main event and the GOAT return. :mark:

Great show.

#9,324 ·
May have to take advantage of that. Wasn't planning on ordering my order for a while, but $75+shipping is a lot better than $100+shipping.

On an irrelevant note: Just cleaned up my list and got a proper count on my DVD list. 569 discs according to my count. Pretty crazy considering I only had a stack of about 20 cases last summer before I started working.

#9,328 ·
IWA East Coast is worth checking out too. They were hot in '07-'09. If you're looking for hardcore/deathmatch, Masters Of Pain is an excellent place to start. '06, '07, and '08 are amazing. '09 is okay too. Smart Mark Video also has a Best Of IWA East Coast. I have it, haven't watched it but the listing seems good. I also recommend the SMV Best On The Indies DVDs of Joker, Sami Callihan, Jon Moxley, and Adam Cole.

Also, you didn't mention them, but Prime Wrestling is a good promotion to watch. They have a lot of stars from the promotions you mentioned, and a lot of under-rated talent. They upload their weekly TV show to http://www.youtube.com/PRIMEwrestlingTV

#9,332 ·
The entire EVOLVE 20 lineup has been announced. Rather early too considering the show isn't until May 30th (a Thursday night of all days):

EVOLVE Title Match​
AR Fox defends vs. Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks​

Champion vs. Champion Non-Title Attraction​
Johnny Gargano vs. Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks​

Dragon Gate Showcase Match​
EITA vs. Tomahawk T.T.​

Special Challenge Match #1​
Samuray Del Sol vs. Anthony Nese​

Special Challenge Match #2​
Chuck Taylor vs. Brian Cage​

FRAY!​
(starts with two competitors, another enters every 2 minutes, eliminations can take place anytime by pinfall, submission or DQ until one competitor is left)
The Participants Are: Andrew Everett, Caleb Konley, Jon Davis, Lince Dorado, Shane Strickland, Tommy Taylor​

Entertainment Match​
The Bravado Brothers vs. Sugar Dunkerton & Maxwell Chicago​

Can't say it does much for me in all honesty. Taylor as Cage's opponent is meh & the main event doesn't sound appealing.

#9,334 ·
Chikara - While The Dawn Is Breaking

1. Mr Touchdown vs Saturyne
**3/4

2. Gran Akuma vs Jakob Hammermeier

3. Archibald Peck vs Tim Donst
*1/2

4. F.I.S.T. vs The Colony

5. Dasher Hatfield vs Kobald
**1/4

6. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Frightmare vs The Shard, deviAnt & Jigsaw
***1/2

7. Eddie Kingston vs Kevin Steen
***3/4

8. The Young Bucks vs 3.0
****​

#9,336 ·
Just watched PWG Eight with my 71 year old uncle

PWG Eight

Singles Match
1. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Me - *** 3/4-****
Uncle - ****

Singles Match
2. Brandon Gatson vs. Brian Cage-Taylor

Me - *** 1/4
Uncle - *** 1/4

Tag Team Match
3. El Generico & Ricochet) vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong

Me - *** 3/4
Uncle - *** 3/4

Singles Match
4. "Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Ryan Taylor

Me - ** 1/2
Uncle - ** 1/4

Tag Team Match
5. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Me - *** 1/4
Uncle - *** 1/2

Non-Title Tag Team Grudge Match
6. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & Kevin Steen

Me - *** 3/4-****
Uncle - *** 3/4

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
7. Claudio Castagnoli - Champion vs. Chris Hero - Challenger

Me - ****
Uncle - ****

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
8. Claudio Castagnoli - Champion vs. Kevin Steen - Challenger - N/R

Overall: 9/10 - Awesome show. Glad I bought this one.

#9,338 ·
Kevin Steen ‏@FightSteenFight 6h
Can't wait for me vs @JimmyJacobsX this Saturday when @ringofhonor returns to Richmond! #Evolve #DGUSA #DragonGate

Gabe Sapolsky ‏@BookItGabe 6h
@FightSteenFight @JimmyJacobsX @ringofhonor lol big pop

Kevin Steen ‏@FightSteenFight 6h
@BookItGabe @JimmyJacobsX @ringofhonor I figured you'd either pop or I'd get an e-mail hahaha!

#9,342 ·
It's only really Del Sol/Nese that interests me a great deal simply because they're both BEASTS. I absolutely adore Anthony Nese :eek: If Nick Jackson was facing anybody else in the world then I would care about that match... But Fox gonna Fox. Hopefully NICK MOTHERFUCKIN JACKSON can bring some life to the match other than random spots and whatnot. Gargano/Matt will be fun but I'm not expecting anything MOTYC level, but I hope I'll be surprised. I've never seen this Tomahawk T.T guy and I've only ever seen one Eita match (could have been with Gargano?) and I can remember not being that impressed. the rest is pretty bleh. I expect Taylor/Cage to be dry, and I'm a big Chucky T fan. The fray match doesn't interest me and neither does the entertainment~! match.

#9,343 ·
Maxwell Chicago? COLT CABANA? If so, the "entertainment match" could be wonderful. I do love me some Bravado Brothers.

I guess I'm the only guy who cares to see Cage vs Chuckie T.

I know Gargano vs Matt Jackson should at least be good. It was back in Chikara in 2011. I see no reason why it wouldn't be this time around.

#9,344 ·
Entertainment match is horrific. Even more so when you consider what EVOLVE was originally meant to be. You can imply that a match will be less serious and more of a comedy match but billing as an "Entertainment Match" is so fucking stupid. Basically says the purpose of this match is not to win but to entertain. In a promotion built around the importance of wins and losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.