Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #2044 (permalink)
Rush
Turn Out The Lights

Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by You're Pretty Good View Post
I did BJJ for about 2 1/2 years, and 2 months of Mauy Thai. The fucking soccer kids killed in that class, because their shins were built up already. They get calcium deposits on the bones around there so they can start off kicking harder. Wait till you get shin splints and the instructor tries to massage your leg and rub them out (no homo, seriousness). Hurts like a bitch!

Like Rush said, 1.2 - 1.7 grams per lb of body weight. However, I am 190 lbs, and I am only getting in maybe 120 grams a day (at most!) and haven't noticed any strength lose whatsoever. I kind of half and half the whole USDA vs Athlete case study thing.
1.2-1.7 grams per kilogram 120 grams for 190 pounds is within ACSM guidelines.

Thats where a lot of confusion lies tbh, when people confuse lbs for kg and visa versa.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote