Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2179 (permalink)
samizayn
checking the male

samizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonasshole900 View Post
I am gonna order Evolution of a Predator tomorrow and I would like some quick opinions on it from you guys. Many Thanks.
Matches:
There are a couple of throwaway "because he's a legend" matches on there. vs Hogan at Summerslam, vs Dusty Rhodes are just not worth it, if you're not sentimental about any of the guys. The vs Angle Vengeance match I've seen twice, and it was pretty good iirc. Orton vs Foley is probably the best match on there, my joint favourite Randy Orton match and a definite classic.
I've seen the Wrestlemania XXIV Triple Threat twice too, and for me there's something missing in that match. He's had matches vs Edge in 2004 on RAW and at Vengeance, and I'm pretty sure I've watched them both but I can't even be sure, because I can't tell the difference by memory. I think they are okay.
Orton vs Christian is on there, the first one with the dreaded result. If you're not a particularly big Christian fan, give it a watch because apparently it's great stuff. Not even the best of the series, which says something about that wonderful, brilliant, excellent, great, awesome match series.

The doc:
It's okay. A lot of people praise it for being refreshingly honest (for example, Orton talks candidly about his drug problems, deserting from the marines and the fact that being a wrestler was not his dream growing up) but then they couple that with kayfabe, which is extremely odd. Why film a clip of him being "really angry" that he was eliminated from the chamber by Punk? It was really out of place, and made me wonder what else they were trying to get over on us tbh.
Nevertheless, it's got the standard high-end production that all WWE DVDs are subject to, and that alone would have made it an enjoyable watch. Not just for Orton fans, not just for wrestling fans, but for everyone.