6) DJ Hyde vs Michael Dante ~ 1/2*

7) Best of the Best Semi-Finals
Alex Colon vs Jonathan Gresham ~ **

8) Best of the Best Semi-Finals
AR Fox vs Tommy End ~ *

9) Sami Callihan vs Adam Cole ~ ****

10) Best of the Best XII Finals
Alex Colon vs AR Fox ~ 1/2*

First three & a half matches I was having a lot of fun with this show. Then the moment the ever awesome & impressive Andrew Everett was eliminated this show kind of went to hell as far as my interest goes. I can't stand AR Fox or Uhaa Nation so I gave zero fucks about their dull 6 minute display. Following it was a slew of matches I didn't care much for or thought anything of. Although the FBTW match was probably Rory Mondo's best & Colon/Gresham started off nicely. Once Callihan vs Cole was set to start my interest peaked again. Another fantastic match between the two. What can you say about those guys? Always doing work vs one another. It's a step behind their brilliant match from Night of Infamy, but it came pretty damn close. Not gonna bother talking about the main event. Except thanks to Colon for trying. I like him; very glad he won. (Fox getting owned at the three count was a feel good moment.)

Back to Callihan vs Cole. Well, I guess Callihan in general. The end result and post match promo really made it feel real that Callihan IS leaving for the WWE. I know there was the story that one day about Sami & WWE, but I haven't heard much sense. Considering this was all the way back in April it planted the seeds. CZW is going to suffer a huge blow from losing Callihan. He's been far and away the best wrestler of the year for the company, so the void without him is going to be gaping. Luckily for them if Cole sticks around. They're going to need him. Unless they allow someone awesome like Swann to rise up the card. Or Colon probably too considering the BOTB victory. If CZW wises up and gives the Callihan slot to someone talented, things could paper over nicely. Still, it will be a big void they would be better off not having to suffer.

#9,267 ·
Callihan the MAN.

Yeah, great stuff. I was lukewarm on the table spot early on. It's terrible in Davey Richards matches, so it was going to be equally as ugh in anyone else's matches. UNTIL I noticed it played a part into the leg/knee work against Hardy. After that, I was fine with it. It managed to play a part into the story. Callihan was rabid during the whole thing. Matt's selling & comeback was on point per usual. The use of the boot to me wasn't too bad even if he (Matt) seemed to be playing the role of face for the match. It was desperation to try and stop Sami from his swarming attack. Gosh, Sami has been doing that quite a bit this year and I love it. Great match. Proof why I still support Matt Hardy to this day. He's plenty capable of pumping out really good/great matches still. ROH is lucky to have him.

#9,268 ·
ROH - Adam Cole: Panama’s Finest

12/18/10
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) - ***1/4

4/1/11
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark) - ***1/2

4/2/11
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) - ***1/2

6/26/11
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) - **1/2

7/9/11
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) - ****

9/17/11 - Elimination Rules
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. The Young Bucks vs. The Bravado Brothers (Lance & Harlem) - **3/4

11/6/11 - ROH World Tag Team Titles
Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) - ***

1/20/12 - No Holes Barred
Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/2

3/4/12
Adam Cole & Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly - ***

4/29/12 - ROH World Title
Adam Cole vs. Davey Richards - ***1/2

6/24/12 - Hybrid Rules
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly - ****

7/28/12 - ROH on SBG - ROH World TV Title
Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/4

10/6/12
Adam Cole & Eddie Edwards vs. The Briscoes - ***1/4

10/13/12 - ROH World TV Title
Adam Cole vs. Eddie Edwards - ***1/2

11/17/12 - ROH on SBG - ROH World TV Title
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly - **3/4

Solid comp from a guy who's been in ROH only a couple of years and from watching both the FutureShock team and tv title run had untapped potential that was wasted. The interview, much like Elgin's, was fine but nothing earth-shattering.

#9,271 · (Edited)
EITA vs Tomahawk T.T. in a Dragon Gate Showcase match has been signed for EVOLVE on May 30th in Orlando. Tix at http://www.DGUSA.tv

We can announce Johnny Gargano vs Tomahawk TT and AR Fox vs EITA for 6/1 in Jacksonville. Both are non-title. Tix now at DGUSA.tv

Also, Andrew Everett will make his EVOLVE debut on 5/30 in Orlando, 6/1 in Jacksonville & 6/2 in Tampa. Keep an eye on this guy.
Gabe's Twitter

Andrew Everett is Chiva Kid. Never seen him but it seems like he's getting exposure lately..

#9,277 · (Edited)
Spike vs. Steen :)

And Sami/Swann vs. SSB is laugh my bum off stuff. They posted a status on how they had sent out all outstanding DVD orders. Don't know what the issue was. Honestly I don't know if it is fixed but hopefully. What other shows did you happen to get?

PS Cole vs. Gargano happened last night and it was pretty darn good. And DJ Hyde still is pretty bad in my eyes but he nearly killed a bland little local guy which was great.

#9,274 ·
Andrew Everett needs to go to EVOLVE then DGUSA and then go to the real deal DG. He is perfect for those promotions and maybe my favorite high flyer right now not named Ricochet. I went to BOTB this year, and I think Obfuscation mentioned this in his review of it, when he was in his 1st round match-up it was awesome but when he was eliminated it quickly went to shit. I went with a friend to it and there was a point where Everett was making a move into the inside and his timing literally blew my friend away. It was a simple as Everett effortlessly getting into the ring and hitting whatever he did at the last second without it seeming rushed. My friend doesn't really care about "wrestling" and is more interested in MOVEZ so Everett is a guy that impressed him solely from that but he even noticed and loved some of those little things. Can't wait for him to break out.

#9,279 ·
Chikara Best of 2007

Team TNA vs. BLCK OUT

Sabian is probably the last person I would expect to see in Chikara. Cool to see Sonjay and the Machine Guns in Chikara though. Ifound it odd that team TNA played the heels in this one and I think the crowd did as well because they were not into this match at all. The match wasn't anything special but it did avoid just feeling like an exhibition or a spotfest. So after the initial heel control segment from Team TNA BLCK OUT decides that they are going to cheat and work a control segment as well. Once the match broke down this got more interesting and the fact that I didn't have a clue who would win certainly helped. This was pretty average and could have been a lot better with a decent crowd and 1 control segment instead of 2.
**1/2

Shane Storm, Jigsaw, and Mike Quackenbush vs. Pantera, Sicadelico Jr. and Lince Dorado

Holy Shit. EXCALIBUR AND LARRY SWEENEY ON COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!! This match was a lot of fun to watch as well and would have been even without the commentary team. They did a lot of cool stuff that you don't see very often. I loved the Lucha match wrestling segments took up a good chunk of the match. I don't know if I would enjoy the styles shown here on a regular basis but for the odd match from time to time it worked really well.
***1/4

Ricochet vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Despite the fact that Ricochet wasn't nearly as good as he is now this match still kicked ass. Claudio should only be allowed to wrestle smaller guys then him. The way he sold for Ricochet was incredible and because he sold for him the crowd was able to get behind Ricochet and actually believe h could win. There were some great spots throughout the match as well, regardless of when a match happens Ricochet can fly like few others. Also Ricochet was given two of the most awesome uppercuts I've ever seen. I believe the one he took at the end can still be found youtbe. Claudio's power and Ricochet's flips made for a great David vs. Goliath match. Not on the level of their PWG encounter but for where Ricochet was as a worker this was an incredible match. Didn't realize Claudio was this good at this point in time either.
***3/4

BLK OUT vs. Hallowicked and The Colony

For the high flying moves that you see in a Chikara match it's easy to forget how well worked their matches can be sometimes. I've seen Ruckus, Sabian, and Joker in very few matches (as long as you exclude stipulation matches) that I can say I thought were good, Yet in the Chikara ring all the stuff that bothers me about the way they work wasn't there. This was a solid match with the heels being asses, working a face over, and building up nicely to the hot tag and comeback. Yeah it's been done a million times before but when you have 8 guys in a match you need to go this route or just throw out big moves the whole time. The finishing stretch was really good and there were few dull moments in the match. Good stuff.

Campeones de Parejas
F.I.S.T. (c) vs. Up in Smoke

If you were playing the PWG armdrag drinking game you would be wasted within the opening minutes of the match. There were a few moves that didn't look very good but nothing that I would call a straight up botch. I was really surprised by how this went with Cheech scoring a quick pin within 5 minutes of the math starting. This is also the infamous match where Cloudy vomits in the ring. Now this normally would be a terrible thing but they worked through it and made it awesome by Akuma making an evil smile and stiffing the shit out of him and then working a control segment on him. I won't say that he vomited on purpose but they worked the match perfectly once he did.

The match had plenty of flaws in it as there were quite a few moves that looked bad. Also, Icarus is terrible at near falls in this match. Bryce had to hesitate everyone time Icarus was getting pinned it seemed. Flaws aside though I really like this though. It sucked you in at the end and made you care about the ending, which I think is the goal that all matches should set out to accomplish.
***1/2

Rey de Voladores:

Ricochet vs. Pac vs. Retail Dragon vs. Chuck Taylor

Retail Dragon was involved in he first few minutes of the match before he went over the top rope and appeared to hit his face on the steps. I'm OK with that though as the other three guys are awesome. This wasn't anything more than it set out to be which was a showcase of all the cool stuff they could do for the first half of the match. Once it got down to the final two guys it became a more structured match with Chucky T getting in a lengthy control segment. Pac's comebacks were awesome because he could pull out these moves out of nowhere so you always felt like there was a chance he could make a comeback at any time. Maybe it's just the fact that there have been so many big spot matches since this took place but I didn't think it was anything all that amazing. On the plus with all the high flying stuff we saw everything looked really good.
***1/4

Mike Quackenbush vs. Chris Hero

Hero was at a really cool phase of his career right now where we saw a little bit of all his different phases at the same time. Between Quack and Hero I think they could wrestle each other 100 times and have different matches each time because they can both just do so much in the ring. There was some type of feud between the two because they wrestled this with a lot more intensity than I would have expected. It didn't feel like an exhibition at all. Their styles meshed really well here. I loved how they worked this. I don't think they ever left the ring at all and they kept a great pace with neither guy controlling for too long. I didn't realize how significant of a match this was until I saw the ending where the Chikara Special was debuted. This was pretty much the awesomeness I was expecting from this two. As far as adaptability in wrestling goes these might be at the top of my list. They can do so much in the ring and they really do make perfect opponents for each other. I would love to see more from these two against each other.
***3/4

Lince Dorado vs. Mitch Ryder

Larry Sweeney on commentary makes me happy. Larry Sweeney doing commentary when one of his allies in the match is even better. I swear it was like listening to the next Bobby Hennan on commentary. The guy was amazing. The match itself wasn't very good. Ryder kicks ass the whole time and loses with a roll up. Had I just closed my eyes and listened to the commentary I think I would have enjoyed it just as much.
*3/4

Los Ice Creams vs. The Olsen Twins

As nonsensical as you would imagine. I try not to go into to much detail on comedy matches because listing comedy spots is all that I can really do. This was supposed to be really funny and it was. I'll give it the same rating I would a serious match that lasted this long and I enjoyed.

Tim Donst vs. Eddie Kinston

I've heard about these matches between these two. I'm glad that I've finally seen one now so that I can understand what Chikara is doing right now with Donst and Kingston. This was brutal. Eddie just beat the hell out of Donst and Donst's effort was nothing short of amazing. This was really one sided but Donst got more over here than if he had went and beat someone. He showed a lot of heart and had me praying for a miracle win from him.
***1/2

The Colony vs. Tres Deliriosos

Basically it's Delirious and Cheech and Cloudy dressed up like Delirious. The match was fun with all the antics from Delirious but this wasn't anything special really. Fun pace with some cool moves but nothing that will blow you away.
**3/4

The Briscoes vs. F.I.S.T.

Kind of cool that they were able to have the Chikara champions and ROH champions go against each other here. Not surprising Quack tried to book this since Hero made it sounds like he was obsessed with getting his guys to wrestle in ROH. Briscoes were made to look really really strong, I think Akuma was the only one able to get any sort offense in against them. However seeing Icarus slap a Briscoe in the face and then get the shit kicked out of him was a pretty great moment in the match. If this wasn't Chikara I don't think I would know which team was supposed to play the faces though as Icarus just got his ass kicked the whole time and was almost able to generate some sympathy from me. The fact that I was happy when FIST was getting offense in speaks volumes to how confusing this was. I still liked the match but a better heel/face dynamic would have really helped.

Young Lion's Cup:
Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor(c)

This was really good. These guys have been wrestling each other for years and they always have good matches. Taylor played a really god heel as he got in a ton of offense against Ricochet before they kicked into second gear. It was great to see Ricochet try and get the advantage as he played an awesome underdog. Ending stretch was also pretty great. This is a good example of how you can put a lot of spots into a match that also tells a story. There are a few bad looking moves but when you have so many spots it's almost bound t happen.
***1/2

Pac vs.Claudio Castagnoli

Just another example of why Claudio is the fucking man when working against smaller high fliers. This did feel a little bit like an exhibition but they meshed so well together that I didn't really care. I loved how Pac was able to do the technical stuff with Claudio and then out of nowhere hit his high flying moves. These guys are the perfect opponents for each other and this was as good as I was hoping for.
***3/4

Cheech and Cloudy vs. The Olsen Twins

This was an awesome 13 minute sprint. They never let up from bell to bell and they were doing moves that I wouldn't have though either team capable of. This is one of those matches were I didn't think the guys in the match were good enough to do something like this. Cheech took a nasty DDT to the floor and sold an injured neck for most of the match really well. All of the moves were looked great and they really got the crowd into it. Every indy show can benefit from having something like this on the mid card.
***1/2

Campeons de Parejas:
Incoherence vs. F.I.S.T.(c)

I love when the heels go and score the cheap pin early on so the faces get to play underdogs the entire time. Chuck Taylor was also subbed in for an injured Akuma and I think that really made this better because Chcuky T is fucking awesome. They built up the climax really well and the ending was one of those feel good moments that Chikara creates so well. A title change was a huge deal and they know how to convey that feeling to the viewer. My favorite match on the DVD up to this point. Psychologically sound wrestling with awesome moves is the perfect combination.

Cheech and Cloudy vs. The Osirian Portal

I'm really not a fan of the Portal. They were OK here but I couldn't figure out of they were trying to be heels or faces. The match had some nice moves but it never made into that higher gear to make a spotty match memorable. It was god but there's not much more I can say about this match.
**3/4

Tim Donst vs. Icarus

Things start out with some amateur stuff that played to DOnst's character. Not surprisingly Donst made easy work of Icarus and we saw Icarus get really angry and show off his mean streak when he took control of the match. I liked Donst before I saw some of his earlier stuff but seeing him in a role like this makes me like him even more. He plays a great underdog plus his comebacks and the energy he shows when he gets the going are also incredible. I enjoyed he spot where they broke the wall and Quack just didn't say a word on commentary, I can only imagine how pissed he was when he saw that happen. Match gets some bonus points for using a bale of hay as a weapon. They kept it short but it was entertaining the entire time. Good performance from both guys.

Shane Storm vs. Chuck Taylor

I love Chucky T's antics in matches. He could not seem to stop being mean to the children at ringside. Another fairly short match but it was fun nonetheless. Sweeney being on commentary also made this a lot more fun to watch. Nothing mind blowing but another fun match.
**3/4

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Miyawaki

Claudio is strong and that's something that has always been established in Chikara. Miyawaki came in and was strong enough that he wasn't out matched early on. This ended up being a good mix of technical stuff with some spots and stiffness thrown in. It had a ver exhibition like feel which I'm not a huge fan of. It was a good back and forth match but they didn't do anything to establish any sort of heat and the match lacked anyone establishing control of the match for a prolonged period of time.
**3/4

Campeones de Parejas

Incoherence(c) vs. Cheech and Cloudy

Cheech and Cloudy came out dressed as Incoherence which seemed to particularly bother Delirious. It was pretty hilarious as everyone involved just seemed very confused. I thought all of the absurd antics were hilarious. Once they got serious I lost interest. Things picked up at the end though as the last fall was really entertaining, the middle fall wasn't though and that really hurt the experience for me.
**1/2

Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli

I love watching these guys wrestle as a team or wrestle each other. This was one of their more basic matches as Hero played a heel that wanted to show he was better than Claudio. Lots of good mat work and it had the dynamic that Claudio's match with Miyawaki was lacking. I wish it had went a little longer as they was billed as this was a main event and they didn't make it over the 15 minute mark. It's still always fun to watch these guys wrestle.
***1/2

Overall this was pretty average. Tons of good matches but lacking great ones. Claudio and Hero made this DVD worth seeing. I downloaded this and I'm kind of glad I didn't buy. I think there are much better ways to spend $20. If anything I've seen that Chikara really has improved over the years.

#9,283 ·
I've procrastinated for a couple weeks before finally taking on the task that is Bryan vs Aries @ Testing the Limit. After watching it, it felt more like a pleasure than a task, and it felt more like a 40 minute match than a 75 minute one. The match was as good as a 75 minute match could possibly be. It had a few botches but none of them took away from the flow of the match which speaks to the eliteness of the performers imo.

The match had layers upon layers to it. Bryan attacking the stomach, the back, the leg, the arm, and he couldn't put him away in the third fall. Bryan taking that sick looking spill where he hits his head. I can't tell if it was a legit injury or not, if I had to guess I'd say it was not a real injury since it came into more of the match and the finish.

A solid ****1/2+.

Reactions: Chismo
#9,284 ·
Scotty Vortekz is back, and in TOD

Anybody own the AAW Best Of (year) DVDs? Considering buying all of them (about $90 when it's all said and done) but can only find reviews for two of them. Never seen an AAW show, but heard a lot of good about them

#9,286 ·
So I was spoiler free for All Star Weekend. I went to CZW tonight and bought the DVDs. I made sure not to even look at the back of the DVD for Night 2 so I wouldn't see who won the Sami/Drake match. I looked at the cover and saw a picture of the PWG champion fighting one of the two of them, which ended up spoiling it for me. FUCK

#9,292 · (Edited)
So i made an ROH comp for a buddy at work who has never watched ROH. This one is focused around TNA stars, I just wanted to get everyones feed back about the match list. Only 2-3 matches for each focus person/tag team.

Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson - Midnight Express Reunion
Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi - Joe vs Kobashi
AJ Styles vs Low Ki vs Paul London - One Year Anniversary Show
AJ Styles vs Bryan Danielson - Main Event Spectacles
Austin Aries vs Nigel McGuiness - Rising Above 2007
Austin Aries vs Bryan Danielson (2 out 3 falls) - Testing the Limit
Austin Aries vs Kenny Omega - The Omega Effect
The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Briscoes - Good Times, Great Memories
The Motor City Machine Guns vs Age of the Fall - Tag Wars 2008
The Motor City Machine Guns vs Steenerico - Death Before Dishonor VI
Christopher Daniels vs Low Ki vs Bryan Danielson - The Era of Honor Begins
Christopher Daniels vs Eddie Edwards (2 out of 3 falls) - 9th Anniversary Show

Also please any recommendations for the future i have a feeling this will make its way around. Also started letting people barrow my PWG CZW and any other dvds i have.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#9,293 ·
Pretty epic match list obviously, only negative I can pick at would be match duartion. See a lot on that list that go 30 minutes plus, which may be a turn off for him, idk. Just wouldn't want him to think the company's all about long, drawn out matches.

#9,299 ·
Damn, that's the highest rating I've seen for the Ladder War IV. I think it's their worst match together. **

But holy shit at their BOLA and Steen Wolf encounters: ****1/4 and ***** (early MOTD contender).

#9,296 ·
Agree with you Final Battle 2010. Haven't seen 2012 though.

PWG All Star Weekend 9 Night 1

Paul London vs. Kevin Steen

I believe this match now can claim to have the best pop ever for a shoulder block. The beginning was sort of funny but also sort of serious. After the antics ended this was just a really good underdog performance from London against Steen, who is just always awesome. London looked great here. I hope he can stay this way because after seeing this I have to say that he clearly still has something good to offer to indy wrestling. Seriously this was Paul London on pre-WWE levels of awesome. I had heard good things about this but all of the reviews I've read don't do this justice.
***3/4

Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor vs. The Young Bucks

Well let's see. We have:
The Best Tag team in the world
Chuck Taylor, one of my personal favorites
Johnny Gargano, the most underrated indy wrestler
The best crowd in wrestling
Plenty of time
I don't really see the point in explaining why this was so awesome.
****1/4

Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Lethal

I know this match wasn't liked very much but a lot of people here but I enjoyed it. I mean all of the criticism about the match is totally valid as they basically just did a bunch of moves to each other the whole time. It also did go for a little longer than I would have preferred. However I still enjoyed it. Also any match that had one of the most absurd spots I've ever seen involving fans and Jay Lethal. I refuse to give a match with as hilarious of a spot as that anything less than 3*s.
***1/4

AR Fox and Samuray Del Sol vs. The Inner City Machine Guns

Insane as advertised. Some of the sequences that they were doing were unlike anything that I've ever seen before. I'm going to be honest though, I've seen all of these guys before and a good chunk of this match was just them doing their normal spots in front of an insane crowd. Not to say that this wasn't awesome because it was a ton of fun and was filled with crazy moves. However I don't think think this was the best tag match of the night. I hate saying bad things about a great match because I found it slightly less great than many. I want to end this on a positive. The match kicked ass.

Trent? vs. Roderick Strong

This was good but it could have been great. Trent was playing a heel and there was some cockiness from him that was awesome. All he has to do is turn up the dial on his heel actions and he can play a really valuable role in indy wrestling. I also feel that PWG didn't realize that Trent would be bigger than Strong when they booked the match.

The Unbreakable Fucking Machines vs. Future Shock

Great clash of styles. Taylor and Elgin really used their power to their advantage and Future Shock sold it like death. I loved the match dynamic. I would have preferred one of the teams heeling it up a little more but that's really my only complaint. This was a ton of fun. I'm not really a big fan of 3 of the 4 guys in the match so I was really surprised by how much I liked it.If you like watching big strong guys manhandle smaller men in a nonsexual way you should enjoy this.
***1/2

Guerrilla Warfare Match:
Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan

I had only seen the match they had in at Mystery Vortex and this was a lot better because they told a story with what they did. It was impossible not to get behind Drake as he just had the shit kicked out of him the entire match. The match was brutal and really violent but there was a point to all of it which is what really matters. Great match.

I loved the show. Not a bad match, by any means on the card. I very rarely watch a full show in a short period of time but I did with this one. Even with the extreme live bias I have I'm not sure if this isn't the best show of the year so far.

#9,297 ·
Agree with you Final Battle 2010. Haven't seen 2012 though.
skippable compared to their PWG Ladder match at Steen Wolf.

Dark Church, all their matches in 2010-2011 are worth seeking out. Even the tags that have Cabana with Generico and Corino with Steen. 2012 matches are skippable. I didn't like the ladder nor the LMS match from their WM weekend shows. Also, check out Steen's PWG work. A LOT better than his ROH work imo.

#9,304 ·
I might agree with that bold statement on it being an early MotD. SteenWolf is easily the best match I've seen from the past few years.
Until it got demolished by the TIII Ladder Match. :vince5

Reactions: bigbuxxx
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.