Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #1913 (permalink)
Yeah1993
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Yeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREWYeah1993 is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage™ View Post
Really? I don't watch a whole lot of WWE TV but I've been getting a serious 'top guy' vibe from Punk in the last couple months. Disagree about the title feeling unimportant as well. His series with Henry sandwiched by the Jericho matches have done a world of good for the credibility of the championship to me. Feels like for the first time in a while we have a champion who consistently puts on great matches and I'm really not sure when or where this reign is ending.
He feels a lot more important than most people, but he's really on that "next tier" level to the Cenas and even the Rocks and Brocks (who seldom wrestle). The match quality is good-to-great, but it hasn't made the WWE Championship feel as important as Cena v Rock, Brock, shit, even Cena v Tensai main evented Raw over whatever Punk was doing that night (one of the Henry matches, was it?). I didn't watch Elimination Chamber, but if my sources are right, Cena v Kane main evented.......................just....what the fuck?

Johnny Ace was a "v Punk" thing for a while and then they dropped it and made it a "v Cena" thing instead. Right when Johnny became the 'Big' authority figure who rules over Raw and SmackDown, it became a Cena thing. I can't remember a Punk/Ace altercaton after Ace told Punk he'd lose the Title by DQ. That was Mania.

He feels like A Top Guy, but not The Top Guy. The promo he cut last June rambling about how "Cena isn't the best".......Punk has the Title now, but he still feels Second Banana. It's not that NOTHING has changed, but, really, he isn't The Guy and the WWE aren't trying to make him The Guy.