Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #134 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“Atone the Alone”

Quote:
“The Fight Song” by Marilyn Manson vignette

(Whispers)

Fight…

RVD leaps for a Frog Splash…

Fight…

HBK cocks back, Sweet Chin Music ready…

Fight…

Finlay and Joe go at it on the balcony…

Fight…

Chris Jericho’s silhouette is highlighted…

*Opening guitar riff*

You'll never grow up to be a big rock star

The camera goes from the ground up to the face of Paul Wright in his debut Week 3

Celebrated victim of your fame

Shawn Michaels comes down the ramp, pumped up from the main event of Week 1

Just cut our wrists like cheap coupons

Christian searches for his peeps from Week 5

And say that "death was on sale today"

Bryan Danielson raises his hand, singing his theme from Week 4

*Upped tempo, heavier sound*

And when we were good

Jack Evans’ double moonsault from Week 1

You just close your eyes

Aero Star, Psicosis, and Super Crazy perform a Triple Asai Moonsault from Week 14

So when we are bad

Paul Wright chokeslams Michaels through the table from the Supershow

We'll scar your minds

A replayed shot of Shelton Benjamin German suplexing Paul London off the ladder from Week 4

Fight!

SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!

Fight!

WARRIOR’S WAY!!!

Fight!

MUSCLE BUSTER!!!

Fight!

SPEAR THROUGH THE TABLE!!

Fight!

CHOKESLAM!!!

Fight!

WORLD’S GREATEST DOOMSDAY DEVICE!!

Fight!

619!!!

Fight!

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

*Final cymbal crash*

Chris Jericho holds the AOW World title high in the air

We’re brought to the Hammerstein Ballroom for the 17th week in a row, a sold-out crowd on their feet and rearing to go as always, but this pumped ovation crescendos to an almost lucrative degree when “SEXY BOY” hits the speakers, meaning the arrival of only one man: the Heart-Break Kid Shawn Michaels, fresh off of his #1 Contendership victory last week. Michaels is as jovial as ever, doing his little jig on down the ramp and into the ring before taking a microphone and adjusting himself slightly

Shawn Michaels:
I certainly don’t think anyone in this arena quite feels the same way I do right now.

~Shawn gives a bit of a smirk to this questionable opening statement

Shawn Michaels
:
Just like I’m sure nobody in the back knows how I feel right now.

~Another pause by Michaels, who shakes his head

Shawn Michaels
:
The reason I say those things is because no one back there, to my knowledge, has ever been in danger to leave this very ring and leave what they love doing by no power of their own.

~More of a buzz than a pop here

Shawn Michaels
:
It’s been quite documented that my career in a wrestling ring was cut down considerably and should’ve very much ended when doctors told me that my back problems were so bad, not only could I not ever compete again, but I was gonna have trouble even truly being able to walk again.

~Sentimental buzz

Shawn Michaels
:
I sat out of this ring unable to stop shows for four years. Four of the longest years of my life. Four of the most grueling years of my life. Four of the worst years of my life. Simply because I could not get in here and answer my calling in front of all of you people.

~Cheap pop

Shawn Michaels
:
So even through those torturous years, I could never, ever get that calling out of my head. This ring was my life, and I wanted it back. I wanted to stand in here again and hear you guys chant “H – B – K.” “H – B – K.” “H – B – K….”

~The Hammerstein catches on, an “HBK” chant indeed starting all over the arena, causing Michaels to lower his microphone and take it in

Shawn Michaels
:
Until finally, four years after the doctor told me the two herniated discs and the one broken one would keep me away from this ring, they cleared me. And the Heart Break Kid was ready t’be the Showstopper once again.

~Nicely built pop

Shawn Michaels
:
I thought I’d never have that felling again, but here I stand, in front of all you people, from comin’ on the brink of my career bein’ over once again, I’m here an’ I am more than happy to say that I am the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels and I am the number one contender for the AOW Heavyweight CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Michaels delivers this in his infamous overselling manner, twisting his body at some points to accentuate his overjoy as the crowd delivers a very solid ovation before breaking out in “HBK! HBK! HBK!” chants all over again, but these are interrupted by the completely unwelcome chime of “KING OF MY WORLD” greeting our ears, as AOW Champion Chris Jericho comes on down the ramp wearing a suit, his Worthy Legion toting not too far behind in Lashley and Paul “The Great” Wright. As the Legion gets ungodly heat and make their way down the ramp, they obviously draw the ire of Michaels, who stares them down. Jericho steps into the ring, title slung over his shoulder, while Lashley steps in with him, Wright, oddly, not stepping in, instead staying outside and apparently keeping watch should anyone come down the ramp while also possibly making sure Shawn Michaels doesn’t leave…

Chris Jericho:
Congratulations, Michaels. You are indeed the number one contender. Go ahead, please, don’t let me interrupt. Continue with the pandering charade. How does it go again? “H – B – K! H – B – K! H – B – K!”

~Jericho actually veers to his left and right pumping his fist in the air, mockingly trying to get the crowd pumped back up, which the smarky crowd isn’t buying at all, leaving Jericho to chant by himself, but he doesn’t seem to mind

Chris Jericho:
H – B – K! H – B – K. H…B…K.

~Jericho stops the hamminess and gets very much serious, now nose to nose with Michaels, the last chant getting him closer to Michaels’ face with each initial

Chris Jericho:
If there’s one thing that perturbs me more than these people flocking to unworthy people like mindless sheep is an unworthy person standing before me with something they don’t deserve.

~MAJOR heat for that

Chris Jericho:
Shawn Michaels…you don’t deserve to be in a ring with me. And you certainly don’t deserve to be the number one contender for my AOW Championship. Just in case all of you missed it last week, let me show you how Shawn Michaels was clearly ELIMINATED from the Lucky 13 Battle, then crawled back in like the worm he is –

Jericho turns our attention to the big “O” screen, displaying footage from the Lucky 13 Battle last week. Muhammad Hassan and CM Punk start causing a huge ruckus after Hassan locks in the Camel Clutch, every official surrounding the ring either dragging Hassan away or pulling Punk to his feet. With all that commotion going on, Samoa Joe clotheslining Shawn Michaels over the top rope is shown…but the video curiously cuts to static before we can see Michaels’ feet hit the floor. The video starts glitching and proceeds to show us Michaels falling just a little bit, but then completely goes all screwy before showing nothing but static and the screen going black before reverting to its default yin yang display. The look on Jericho’s face is one of a flabbergasted man, completely dumbfounded. The crowd is buzzing a good bit, not sure what to make of it, but Shawn Michaels just stands there with a look of false innocence, his hands behind his back…

Chris Jericho: (not into the microphone)
I had footage! Where’s my footage? Tell those monkeys backstage to get my footage!
~Jericho’s face is beet red at this point, as he says this right into the camera, presumably to the cameraman.

Shawn Michaels
:
Oh, how curious this is. But I wonder how this could have happened…??? I mean, it’s almost as if someone’s been in this business long enough to know when someone else is going to use video evidence against them.

~The crowd gets a laugh as we catch on to what Michaels is saying, who delivers those last lines almost robotic in innocence, but still overselling. Jericho, being the ‘Worthy Man’ he is, catches on just as well, getting a snarl on his face before slowly turning away from the blank screen back to Michaels’ face only see Michaels with his eyes to the sky and his hand on his chin in the classic thinkers pose.

Chris Jericho:
Oh, ha-ha, Michaels. Give’em a good laugh. Because it doesn’t matter what you find funny, I’ll just add ‘tampering with evidence’ to the list of atrocities you’ve done since coming to AOW. What else does that list include? Oh, that’s right. Putting a title shot in your contract and ‘screwing’ over Rob Van Dam.

~Jericho says this almost mockingly as well, getting into Michaels’ face once more, who goes from comical to very serious very quickly. The crowd doesn’t start chanting what they did a few weeks ago, instead, delivering more world-class heat to Jericho

Chris Jericho:
Let me give you a history lesson, Shawn. The very first episode of AOW Wednesday Night Oblivion. August 22, 2007 – the day wrestling changed forever. On that night, I was crowned the first and greatest ever AOW Heavyweight Champion. Do you remember how I won that title, Michaels? I do. I made you tap out.

~Jericho shadow pokes Michaels twice, one for each of the last two words

Chris Jericho:
You submitted to me, and from Day One, you have been beneath me. It ate at you so much considering in your contract at the time it stated if you didn’t win the title before the end of the year, you could no longer compete in this ring. From that very second, you were undisputedly unworthy.

~Even more heat towards Jericho trying to get into the stoic Michaels’ head now

Chris Jericho:
And every moment since, you have been alone, Michaels. You were supposed to be at the top, and you failed. And now, everyone knows your underhanded contract scheme and they hate you for it, Shawn. Didn’t you hear Samoa Joe a few weeks ago? You spit in the face of everybody in that locker room. And then you went and screwed Rob Van Dam, proving you would do whatever it took to selfishly get what you wanted. So between all those things, Michaels, it is safe to say you are completely and utterly…alone.

~Even more heat here, Michaels staying stoic, the crowd kicking back up into an “HBK! HBK! HBK!” chant

Shawn Michaels
:
That’s funny, Chris. It sure as hell doesn’t sound like I’m alone.

~Another pop, the chants getting louder, until…

Chris Jericho:
SILENCE, YOU SHEEP!!

~More major heat

Chris Jericho:
These people don’t know what they want! Two weeks ago, they were berating you with “YOU SCREWED ROB” chants, and now here they are, chanting your name!! These people need guidance, and guidance only I can offer! They are flakey and easily manipulated. They mean nothing.

~As if the heat couldn’t get any worse, it does. Perhaps the crowd isn’t reacting the way Jericho had anticipated…

Chris Jericho:
So just admit it to yourself, Michaels. You’ve alienated the locker room. You helped kill these people’s hero. And deep down, you’ve alienated these people too. You…are all…alone.

~Weaker, but still strong heat, as Jericho gets in Michaels’ face again, who has not changed expression since Jericho started talking. Jericho suddenly pulls away

Chris Jericho:
But see, Michaels, I’m a good and knowledgeable guy. I know you’re old and stubborn. I know you’re not gonna learn anything from me lecturing you here. It’s not gonna sink in until you experience the reality for yourself. But being the worthy man I am I’ve already arranged an offer for you.

~Michaels goes from stoic to intrigued

Chris Jericho:
That’s right, Michaels. You see, tonight someone is going to face my perfect warrior, Bobby Lashley. That someone is to be hand-picked by you. The challenge is, you have to go backstage and find someone who is willing to fight for you. And since you’re fond of loopholes, you can’t pick yourself. That would only prove just how selfish and conceded you are.

~Jericho pats Lashley on the shoulder, who looks at Michaels with a menacing glare

Shawn Michaels
:
I know you too well my now, Jericho. There’s a catch in there somewhere. And you’d better tell me what is really, really quickly. I’m not makin’ any more deals with you until you tell me the whole story, bub.

~Buzz

Chris Jericho:
Oh, it’s nothing really. The stipulation is simply if you can’t find anyone to wrestle in your name tonight…you lose your number one contendership. How’s that sound?

~A great deal of buzz surrounds this statement, Michaels falling back to being completely stoic, but very much thinking

Shawn Michaels
:
You really want me gone, don’t you?

~Jericho grins smugly, Michaels walking away from Jericho now

Shawn Michaels
:
Y’know what, Jericho? That’s fine with me. I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I’ll take that offer. Because I could kick that grin you’ve got on your face right now clean off, but I think I’ll get more of this thrill I’ve had the last week not by bein’ a Showstopper…but just by showin’ you up. You’re on.

While everyone is absorbing that confirmation, Jericho has a very victorious smirk on his face before finally stepping out of the ring, Lashley staying back to make sure Michaels stays put…which he does, still as a statue, but with a small smile of his own. Perhaps Michaels isn’t as screwed as Jericho thinks…?

Joey Styles:
Welcome to this edition of Wednesday Night Oblivion, ladies and gentlemen, where we just witnessed Shawn Michaels perhaps making yet another deal with the devil.

JBL:
When will Shawn Michaels learn? We get it, Shawn. Your career is on the line if you don’t win that title, but that’s no one’s fault but your own. An’ damn him for tampering with evidence! If AOW had any kind of justice system, Shawn Michaels would be thrown in an’ I’d lock away the key!

Joey Styles:
Oh, right, partner. You keep on that. But Shawn Michaels seemed to be, well, a few steps ahead of the proud mastermind in Jericho there. It didn’t look like Jericho’s words were piercing Michaels’ skin, he somehow intercepted the video Jericho wanted to use, and now it looks like Michaels doesn’t look at all like a nervous man after putting his title shot, and thus, career on the line just at the notion of finding someone to wrestle Bobby Lashley for him tonight.

JBL:
He’s not one-uppin’ Jericho, Joey. Chris Jericho is an infallible genius. He’s probably already taken into account th’ fact that Shawn Michaels is gettin’ overconfident with this; he’s lettin’ that huge ego of Michaels’ get in the way on purpose. He knows good an’ well that’s what would’ve gotten Michaels to accept an’ lose it all later t’night. You’ll see, Joey. The Worthy Champion will show how right he is when th’ time comes.

Joey Styles:
That may be the case, but we’ve got a full-on show for you tonight, folks. In addition to hoping we get to see a Shawn Michaels representative face Bobby Lashley, we have Ken Doan accepting a rematch challenge from Jack Evans, as well as Brent Albright from The Mercenaries taking matters into their own hands now and challenging CM Punk for that bounty on his head and the title shot, but speaking of title shots, look at this.

~Graphic appears on screen

JBL:
I cannot WAIT for the glory boys t’take what’s there’s Joey!

Joey Styles:
Well, they certainly think that way, as a match that was not scheduled to happen until the Very Merry War Supershow in three weeks will happen tonight in the AOW Tag Team Championships being defended against the number one contenders, American Made. Nick Nameth and Jack Hagar promised the gold would go around their waists, but the team they disrespect so very much in the champion World’s Greatest Tag Team is more than adamant that they will never touch the titles. Who will walk away with the gold? That’s later on tonight.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break and are immediately greeted with the sound of “MISERE CANTARE – THE BEGINNING”, as CM Punk comes out to the stage and down the ramp to a very nice ovation, still in possession of the $50,000 briefcase given to him by Lance Storm. He hoists it high for all to see before tucking it by the timekeeper and playing to the crowd a little bit.

“WELCOME TO WHITECHAPEL” looms over the system now, as Brent Albright comes through the signature red curtain and to the stage, but he’s not wearing his team’s signature tattered jacket. Instead, Albright is just in his wrestling tights, Paul Burchill alongside him at the stage. When Albright pumps himself up, Burchill looks at him and the two nod at each other before Burchill goes back through the curtain to the back, leaving his apprentice to go for it alone.

OPENING CONTEST
~Muhammad Hassan Bounty Challenge~
CM Punk
v.
Brent Albright

The two former OVW standouts circle one another for a moment before locking horns, Albright showing intensity early by forcing Punk back against the ropes. As the ref already counts down to tell Albright to get off, Albright slowly backs away with his arms raised before taking it back to the center ring. Punk looks at Albright, surprised already by the aggressive nature of his opponent, but throws it aside as he executes another lock-up with Albright, but Burchill’s apprentice comes out on top again, forcing Punk into a corner this time and forcing the referee to begin the count. Albright once again backs away, but this time, he SLAPS Punk across the chest on his way out, forcing Punk to reel back into the corner and clutch his chest. Albright doesn’t let his eyes off Punk as he backs towards the center of the ring, his methodical mentor’s mind trick teachings obviously on display early.

Punk may be a bit taken aback by the early show, but he shows Albright isn’t in his head, stepping forward once more and executing a third lock-up, finally coming out on top by wrenching a headlock on Albright. But Albright quickly counters the straight-edge competitor, forcing the hold off when he wrenches Punk’s arm into a hammerlock that quickly becomes an Albright headlock. Albright digs his forearms into the sides of Punk’s head, Punk struggling for a way to get out of it, eventually backing up against the ropes and flinging Albright across. On the rebound, Punk dodges an Albright clothesline and turns it into hip toss, but Albright is quick to recoil to his feet, surprising the charging Punk with a headlock takeover, once again trapping Punk at Albright’s mercy.

Punk stays locked in the headlock takeover for a while, trying to force his arm up and search for a way out. Punk gets too close to the canvas, however, prompting the referee to begin a count – 1…2…NO! Punk realizes his danger and pulls the shoulder up, continually searching for a way to his feet, eventually finding it in him to start pounding Albright in the face to break the hold, which Albright seems to refuse to. Punk is able to battle back to his feet and attempts to counter the hold with a backdrop, but Albright rolls through and keeps the wrenching hold on, completely focused on wearing Punk down here, Punk again in the grounded headlock. His shoulder again wanders too close to the canvas – 1…2…NO! Punk has to keep his head in the game. Punk finally swings his legs over and catches Albright in the headscissors finally breaking the headlock.

Both men make it back to their feet, only for Albright to once again get Punk in the headlock, but Punk is quick to try and get out of it this time, socking Albright in the ribs repeatedly before breaking the hold and forcing Albright now into a corner, forcing the ref to get him to back away. Punk does so with a competitive glare, but as he backs away, he delivers a double dose of SLAPS to Albright’s chest in a bit of one-upsmanship payback from just moments ago. Albright blindly rushes out of the corner at this, leading to Punk executing a drop toehold on Albright and quickly goes for his head now, getting him in a grounded headlock. Albright struggles to find a way out, but counts by rolling over and getting Punk’s shoulders on the mat – 1…2…NO!! Punk rolls back over, the headlock still wrenched in tight. The grappling chess game continues, as Albright pulls himself to his feet now and backs Punk against the ropes to fling him off across the ring, Punk connecting with the shoulder block. Punk rebounds off the ropes again and expects Albright to flop onto his stomach in the elementary exchange, but instead, Albright rolls right under Punk’s feet, forcing Punk into a modified drop toehold that prompts Albright to jump back on him in and put him in a front headlock this time.

Albright beyond adamant about keeping Punk from getting any room here, but Punk starts fighting back from his knees in this position, forcibly causing he and Albright to steadily climb back to their feet. Albright’s still got the front headlock synched in, making it nearly a standing choke, Punk keeping the fight, but Albright stuns him and all in attendance by suddenly unleashing a DDT that drives Punk’s head in the canvas. Albright with the first authoritative cover of the contest – 1…2…3-NO! Punk throws a shoulder up, but clearly Albright is in control. Albright now brings Punk to his feet and quickly puts him back down with a snap suplex that nets him another pin attempt – 1…2…NO! Punk quicker to the kickout this time.

Albright drags Punk to his feet, but Punk springs to life, breaking Albright’s clutches, and starts firing right hands before landing another pair of SLAPS that are followed immediately by a vicious backhand chop to the neck. This sends Albright reeling and falling in order to roll under the bottom rope and to the outside, possibly to reassess things. Punk gives Albright absolutely no time to think things over, waiting for the Shooter to turn around and meet a suicide dive that puts both men down!! Albright collapses under Punk’s thrown body, but Punk lands in a safe position, getting to his feet quickly and exalting with the crowd, and with the change of momentum, we quickly cut away.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Upon our return to the opening contest, Punk and Albright are still on the outside where we last left them, both men now exchanging hard rights and lefts, neither man able to gain an advantage. Albright starts pulling away, forcing Punk over to the steel rings steps before kneeing him in the gut and forcing him over before lifting him over his head and dropping him ribs first on the steel steps! The steps don’t seem to budge, leaving Punk to only roll away in pain. Albright then rolls in the ring and rolls back out to break the referee’s count, only to grab hold of Punk and try to do the same thing but on the announcer’s table, but Punk is able to wiggle out of the grasp and turns Albright around with a hard CHOP(Wooooo!) Albright is still on his tail, so another CHOP(Wooooo!) ensues before Punk takes Albright up and drops him rib first on the announce table! More payback for Punk, as Albright writhes and clutches his ribs for a moment.

Punk makes it over to the ring lip with the referee spending much more time admonishing both men than actually counting out, only reaching a count of 3 here. Punk grips at his midsection as he climbs up the ropes to the apron, but Albright is quick to leap on there with him, sparking a back and forth brawl on the apron! Punk knocks Albright in the head with a right hand, Albright responding with a CHOP(Wooooo!) of his own. The two go back and forth with fists and CHOPS(Wooooo!) until Albright begins to pull away with one last CHOP(Wooooo!) that sends Punk off a little, but only before he roars back with a roundhouse to the temple…THAT FLIPS ALBRIGHT INSIDE!! Albright goes head over heels into the ring, forcing Albright to flop around for a second while Punk recuperates and steps back in, Albright heading towards a corner to recover.

As he does, Punk gives him no time to breathe, launching himself at him – high running knee, Punk pointing out and grabbing Albright’s head…bulldog! The combo is completed! Punk now goes for a big cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Albright throws the shoulder up, but he’s not fully recovered from Punk’s high-impact offense so far, shaking the cobwebs out of his head. As he does so, Punk ventures over to the apron once more and waits for Albright to get to his feet…springboard clothesline…CROWBAR!! CROWBAR!! Albright catches Punk in his finishing fujiwara armbar, the momentum suddenly shifting!! Punk is trying to desperately find a way out of his sudden predicament, crawling on his belly to try and get to a rope. Albright continues to put as much strain on the arm as he possibly can, forcing Punk to stop momentarily to yell in agony. The crowd is solidly behind Punk, giving him all the energy he needs to roll through the hold and get back to his feet, but Albright still has a death grip on the arm, pulling the now vertical Punk into a beheading short-arm clothesline. Punk explodes back to the canvas, Albright covering – 1…2…3-NO!! Punk rolls his targeted shoulder forcing more pain on it.

Albright takes heavy note of this, immediately going to Punk’s weakened right arm, holding it steady and dropping several repeat knees on it. As Punk screams in pain, Albright drags him to his feet and wrenches the arm, causing Punk to fall to a knee, before veering behind Punk, looking to set up a half-nelson suplex. Punk shows some of his resolve and starts delivering hard elbows to Albright’s temple with his good arm. Punk has Albright softened up enough to bring him out from behind with a one-handed snapmare, following that with a kick to the spine! The SMACK is hears around the arena, Punk now leaping on a potential reversal of fortunes, forcing Albright flat – 1…2…3-NO!! Albright doesn’t go down so easily, Punk now following up with anything, opting instead to shake some feeling back into his weakened arm.

Albright slowly starts making it back to his feet, Punk greeting him with several kicks to the midsection, grimacing with each one, as his arm starts acting up. He goes for one last decapitating roundhouse, but Albright ducks underneath and causes Punk to swing all the way around, Albright clutching Punk…HALF-NELSON SUPLEX!! Punk goes flipping into a flapjack, his legs hitting the canvas first, but he sells it like his still tender ribs hit the canvas first, now rolling around and clutching those, too. Albright doesn’t waste any time, jumping on Punk here – 1…2…3-NO!! Punk still has something in him!

Whatever that something is, Albright starts to stomp it out of him, delivering a knee drop onto Punk’s weak arm before laying some boots into both it and his rib area. Albright then gets a near rabid look in his eyes, looking almost deranged now, as he stands Punk up and gets Punk in the hammerlock/chickenwing position…AND STARTS DRILLING PUNK IN THE TEMPLE WITH REPEATED KNEES!! Punk’s body nearly goes limp, from the repeat harsh blows, his hair selling the hits very well for him, but Punk starts resisting and gets a burst of life, twisting and undoing his tied up position before forcing Albright over and getting the double underhooks on him…double underhook backbreaker!! Punk flips Albright over to contort his spine, but Punk is obviously out of it! He takes a moment or two to recover before shooting the half and rolling Albright’s body over – 1…2…3…NO!!! ALBRIGHT KEEPS IT GOING NOW!!

Albright shows some guts there, as Punk grips his hurting parts and tries to drag Albright back to his feet, but it’s Albright’s turn to get a burst of life, once again wrapping Punk up and looking for the knee strikes, but Punk fights his way out of the struggle before leading Albright onto his shoulders, looking for the GTS…but Albright starts wiggling while up high…AND FALLS INTO A CROWBAR!! Albright crunches onto Punk’s hurt arm from his elevated perch in to his finishing armbar, Punk now dead center of the ring and nowhere to go. He’s not sure how much more pain he can take in that arm, but his flailing suggests that it’s not very long, as Albright keeps the hold and sells the intensity, even vocally telling Punk to “tap and hand the money over.” But Punk still fights and tries to crawl, but Albright’s worn him down far too much move a whole lot. Punk then starts tinkering, getting on his knees and rolling around and through once again, this time staying with Albright…as he TWISTS THE CROWBAR INTO THE ANACONDA VICE!! ANACONDA VICE!! Punk stars exalting in adrenaline now, Albright completely at the mercy of Punk’s hold here. Albright is thrashing around for a moment before Punk keeps the hold locked in tight, not enabling Albright to move anywhere…AND HE TAPS!! ALBRIGHT TAPS!!

Winner: CM Punk at (12:30)

Punk is handed his briefcase by the timekeeper, but he’s having to lean in a corner to receive it, his right arm still in excruciating pain, while his left arm is gripping his midsection that’s still feeling the match. Punk takes his unhurt arm and takes the briefcase and raises it high for all to see before curiously drifting back towards the center of the ring.

Joey Styles:
And for the third week in a row, Muhammad Hassan’s ploy to get his money back from CM Punk fails, as Punk notches yet another win in his belt en route to getting his hands on that Dynasty Championship.

JBL:
Muhammad Hassan said that CM Punk would never touch the Dynasty title ever again, an’ I sure as hell believe he’s a man of his word. Yeah, I’ll give it to Punk for hangin’ in there, an’ he got the win, I can’t take that away from him, but we all know who was the better man in that ring tonight.

Joey Styles:
Well, it was quite clearly CM Pu –

JBL:
Brent Albright. Punk might still have his money, he might still have his pride, but what he’s got now is an even bigger target on his back for whoever’s gonna be the next bounty hunter in line. Albright beat him to a pulp an’ exposed his weaknesses.

Joey Styles:
Well, not to take anything away from Brent Albright either, a very, very impressive display by the rookie but…what’s this?

What’s Joey’s referring to is when he sees a neck-gripping Alright, who brings himself to his feet…before extending his hand to Punk. Punk stares at it for a second then back to Albright, who stands stonefaced and looking him in the eye. Punk takes another moment before looking suspicious…and shaking Albright’s hand! The crowd applauses for the possible sign of sportsmanship, but neither Punk nor Albright have very friendly gazes, Albright’s being intense and Punk’s being very confused. Punk walks out of the ring now, making sure to never turn his back towards Albright as he coasts back up the ramp.

~Backstage, watching a television…

We immediately cut to a scene in the back, where we see both AOW Dynasty Champion Muhammad Hassan and Albright’s mentor and tag team partner, Paul Burchill, once again. Hassan is staring at the screen with a look that spells both relief and disappointment, while Burchill’s face has a devilish smirk on it.

Hassan:
And what are you so happy about? CM Punk still has my money!

Burchill:
Your anger blinds you, Hassan. We gained something tonight.

Hassan:
What would that be?

Burchill:
Brent Albright just proved he’s almost as destructive a force as me. Look at that. CM Punk is walking away with the money, but the bloke’s crippled. Brent even faked a sign of respect, just like I taught him. That’s my boy.

~As Burchill proudly looks at his apprentice’s work on the screen, Hassan becomes distracted by someone entering their scene. Burchill soon takes notices of him, as he walks in front of the television screen. It’s another man dressed in a nice suit with a clipboard, very similar to the ones that have been lurking around Hassan the last few weeks…

Hassan:
Oh, don’t tell me. You’re from the bank too?

~The man doesn’t even say a word, simply nodding his head

Hassan:
I signed a transaction form weeks ago. Then, I signed a transaction form a week after that. There’s no way I asked for this many transaction forms!

~The man unclips the papers from the clipboard

Man in Suit:
Well, Mr. Hassan, this isn’t a transaction form. This is simply a statement form you also requested telling you how much of your funds are left after your repeated transactions.

~Hassan snatches the form out of the man, staring at it blankly before his eyes somewhat go wide

Burchill:
Let me take a look at that –

~Hassan pulls the sheet to his chest and stares at Burchill that says ‘back off’…

Hassan:
This doesn't concern you

~Burchill stares smugly at Hassan before walking off and Hassan turns all his tensions towards the bank man

Hassan:
Thank you. Now get the hell out of here. And schedule me a meeting with your manager as soon as possible.

Man in Suit:
Yes sir.

~The man in the suit exits the frame, while Hassan is left to look at his bank statement with an even more bitter expression than we’re used to as we fade away…

…to another backstage area, where we see American Made standing before the Samoan Fight Club. The camera is peeking through an open door, able to get some audio on the private conversation…

Nameth:
…that’s all. And then we promise – the second we get those titles, you guys are next in line.

Siaki:
Damn right you guys will. We’ve been waitin’ a whole month to hear you say that.

~Siaki shakes Nameth’s hand as we stay locked on the scene

Joey Styles:
Is this more shady dealings with the Samoan Fight Cub on behalf of Nick Nameth and Jack Hagar? Whatever it may be, coming up next, we’ve got the World’s Greatest Tag Team defending their AOW Tag Team Championships against two of those very men, their #1 Contenders, American Made!! Will we crown new champions? Find out NEXT!!

Quote:
**Video Package**

We’re brought to the scene of a gorgeous beach, waves crashing in and out along the shore. It seems to be early morning, the sun just beginning to peek over the clouds. Playing over this scene is a very tropical, Hispanic beat, but it’s not too upbeat. We go to another scene along the beach getting a great shot of the skyline of what looks like a city on the coast. We see a building that’s flying what looks to be the Puerto Rican flag before we return to the beach scene where we see there is a figure in a lounge chair on the sands, simply sitting back underneath an umbrella. We get closer to the individual, but we cannot see his face, only his hand which is holding a cigar. The man is, oddly, wearing a very nice jacket while lounging on the beach. He reaches in said jacket and pulls out an American half-dollar coin, flipping it in the air…

As he does so, the tropical backdrop seems to fade into a solid black background, the tropical music getting even slower as the coin is seen falling in slow motion, slowly descending towards a now abyss backdrop. As the coin spins beautifully, we get an underneath shot of it before the coin hits a clear floor, possibly plastic or just glass. The coin flips over itself on the inertia of finally hitting the ground. But as soon as it stops it’s teetering, we don’t even get to see which side it landed on. The screen goes dark, the tropical music completely stops, leaving the only sound we hear being the crashing waves on the shore with only three new words appearing on the screen –

“QUE ESTA BIEN…?”

**End Package**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return and are still backstage, where Michaels appears, trekking through the hallways. Michaels doesn’t appear to be looking for anyone in general, just somewhat frantically looking around before The Miz pops up at his side

The Miz:
Interview extraordinaire Mike “The Miz” Mizanin here, standing alongside the man who will be unceremoniously STRIPPED of his #1 contendership, the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels!

~Michaels doesn’t seem to pay Miz any mind

The Miz:
Hey, Michaels! You know Chris Jericho was absolutely right? You’ve alienated yourself and I can bet there’s no one back there whose willing to fight for you tonight. What are your thoughts on losing your coveted contendership AND eventually your career?

~Michaels continues to pay Miz no mind, but Miz keeps following him

The Miz:
You know this could be the last interview of your career, Shawn?

~Michaels continues to ignore him, keeping on going through the hall

The Miz:
I mean, if you can find anybody, Shawn, just let me know, because I would LOVE to do that interview. We’ll call it “The Invisible Man”…!

Shawn Michaels:
QUIET!

~HBK roars at Miz, Miz immediately going from cocky with zeal to nearly shitting his pants. Michaels has stopped moving and appears to be in front of a door that he puts his ear to. Miz soon follows suit

Shawn Michaels
:
Someone’s in here!

The Miz:
But…I don’t hear anything.

~Michaels doesn’t pay him mind again, twisting the doorknob and opening the door, but we don’t get to peek at what’s inside.

Shawn Michaels:

AAAAAHHHH!!

The Miz:
AAAAHHH!

~Miz doesn’t actually see anything, because as soon as Michaels screams in false terror, Miz hits the deck. Michaels smirks before he proceeds to stick his head in the door, then pull back out

Shawn Michaels
:
Say, Miz, the guy in here says he’d be more than willing to fight for me tonight!

The Miz:
He…he does?

Shawn Michaels:
Yeah, why don’t you come interview him?

~Miz rises out of his fetal position on the floor and brings his microphone to the opening…which we then see is nothing more than an empty broom closet

The Miz:
There’s no one in here…!!

As soon as Miz solves the mystery, Michaels shoves him into the closet before shutting the door on him. Miz yelps in struggle before Michaels leans on the door. As that happens, an elderly looking man in a janitor’s outfit passes by Michaels

Shawn Michaels:
Hey! I think there’s a lot of equipment bangin’ around in here. Could you lock it tight for me?

The janitor nods his head before pulling out the cliché janitor’s huge chain o’keys, before effortlessly picks out the right one and locks the door, leaving Miz to be heard kicking and struggling on the inside.

Shawn Michaels
:
Thank you, my good man!

~Michaels salutes the old man, who tips his cap back and walks away, giving the crowd a hearty laugh and giving Michaels the peace he needs to keep looking around for someone. We can hear Miz shouting now as Michaels walks away with a purpose.

~Back at ringside…

Joey Styles:
Shawn Michaels finding a way for someone to FINALLY silence The Miz as he goes on the pursuit of someone who will be willing to fight for him later on tonight.

JBL:
YES!! Finally, someone shut that damn mouth of Miz’s! Interview that, ya bimbo!

Tony Chimel:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall…and it is for the AOW TAG TEAM CHAMP-IONSHIIIPPPS!!!

JBL’s somewhat bullying celebration is cut off by Chimel, as well as when we hear “WORLD’S GREATEST” chime out over the sound system, as AOW Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin make their way to the ring for their third title defense. Both men are in matching red and white tights, but as they march proudly to the ring, they’re suddenly ambushed from behind by the Samoan Fight Club!!

The crowd deflates as Benjamin and Haas fall and roll down to the end of the ramp, dropping their titles out of their hands, while Siaki and Manu begin stomping and pounding on both men. Siaki starts to direct traffic here, as he takes the battered Haas and whips him into the steel ring steps, but Haas doesn’t displace the steel. Instead, he collapses and grips his lower back in pain, only for Manu to take Shelton Benjamin and whip him onto the prone Haas, now displacing the steps!! Benjamin falls over Haas and the steps, while Haas slumps forward to show the pain of being sandwiched between his tag team partner and the steel.

But the Fight Club doesn’t look to be done. Siaki takes the flung out Benjamin and looks to try and whip him into the steel post, but Benjamin shows a little bit of fight, throwing some hard right hands at Siaki! But Siaki soon overwhelms the weakened Benjamin with a hard knee to the gut before taking him and finishing his goal, shoving Benjamin face-first into the steel ring post! As Benjamin falls, Manu takes Charlie Haas and BACKDROPS HIM ON THE DISPLACED STEPS!! Haas’ spine is destroyed on impact, sending the former All-American rolling in pain.

Siaki and Manu take the champs and roll them into the ring now, soon following them and lifting both men up, draping them across their chests in powerslam positions…before running at each other and crashing together the bodies of Benjamin and Haas!! The tag champs again yell in pain, but Siaki and Manu both still have the their victims across their chests…powerslams!! Simultaneous powerslams to the champs after squishing them together! Siaki then points towards Manu and motions for him to go high, Siaki dragging Benjamin’s body near a turnbuckle. Manu also drags Haas’ limp body near a corner, both Siaki and Manu soon escalating to the top rope, the audience knowing what’s coming…SAMOAN SPLASHES!! DOUBLE SAMOAN SPLASHES TO THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!! Siaki and Manu both roar as they get to their feet, exiting the ring and going back up the ramp overseeing the damage they’ve done here.

Joey Styles:
What in the hell…? The Samoan Fight Club comes out here and demolishes the World’s Greatest Tag Team right before their title defense! What the hell is the meaning of this? Those reasonless monsters just attack anyone they want!!

JBL:
They do what they want, when they want, Joey. I’ve heard’em say that before, but I never thought even they’d take it this far.

Joey Styles:
But…but do we still have a championship match? Can these two even compete now? There’s no way this can happen…

…but it gets worse. “WE AS AMERICANS” soon booms over the sound system, as American Made now take their time in cocky fashion on down the ramp, meeting the Samoan Fight Club halfway down and patting them on the back. The Fight Club just stare them down before walking on up the ramp, AM making it to the base of the ramp and picking up the dropped tag team titles before getting some pep in their step and sliding into the rings with them, handing them to the referee, who takes the titles. Nameth is ordering the referee to raise the titles in the air and ring the bell, which hasn’t officially rung yet. This is STILL a Tag Team Championship match!!

The referee has his hands tied, waiting until Benjamin and Haas start stirring more, as they’re both clutching to ring ropes to try and get to their feet. The referee goes to Benjamin and asks if he’s in any condition to compete, Benjamin grimacing then saying “yes”. The referee then goes to Haas and asks him the same thing as he pulls himself almost completely up, Haas telling the ref to “ring the damn bell”. The fighting champs are gonna do it it seems!! Nameth and Hagar are about ready to jump on their opponents, but the ref is telling them they have to wait until both men get to their feet. Benjamin and Haas finally get to their feet after having to scratch and claw just to get there, albeit in opposite corners, the referee shrugging his shoulders and ordering for the bell to ring.

~AOW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS~
World’s Greatest Tag Team(c)
v.
American Made

The second Haas and Benjamin are vertical and the ref rings the bell, Hagar goes into Haas’ corner and throws him over the top rope to the floor, while stepping out onto the apron himself to appease the referee. Nameth then goes over to the destroyed and barely standing Benjamin, who drops to his knees and flat on his face in front of Nameth. The crowd is hot on AM’s case right now, no one wanting it to end like this, as Nameth shoots the half and tries to push over the dead weight of Benjamin before he finally does, hooking a leg and kicking his legs in excitement, already able to taste the gold…!!

1…

2…

3…!!!

NO!!!

BENJAMIN KICKS OUT!! BENJAMIN KICKS OUT!! WHAT IN THE HELL?!? The crowd ignites, as things aren’t as over as they looked! Nameth runs his fingers through his bleached blonde hair, a frantic look of horror plastered on his face. He looks at the referee and shouts at him for a moment before going into his corner and tagging in Hagar, both men going over to the still downed Benjamin and appear to set him up for the powerbomb/neckbreaker combo known as the Patriot Act, but as they lift Benjamin high, Charlie Haas re-enters the frame, delivering a chop block to Swagger, forcing him to drop Benjamin’s body from the powerbomb position.

With Nameth only holding the head and neck of Benjamin, Benji is able to elbow him off before delivering a hard forearm to him and forcing him away and near his partner. As both Hagar and Nameth get to their feet, they, and all in attendance, are surprised when the champs nail SIMULTANIOUS DROPKICKS, sending their plotting challengers to roll outside the ring to re-think their entire plan. Benjamin and Haas, however, don’t immediately get up from their dropkicks, as the damage the Fight Club dished out is still very much affecting them, the team having to use each other as crutches to slowly get to their feet, the crowd building a crescendo in pop the closer they get there. They finally get vertical, leading to a huge pop, both men signaling for their challengers to get back in the ring and do this, while Nameth and Hagar can only look up in possible fear while leaning against the barricade at what they may have gotten themselves into.

Joey Styles:
I don’t think American Made were even prepared to have a match at all, but now they see what the Heart of a Champion looks like!

JBL:
American Made looks like they’ve seen zombies rise from th’ grave! An’ I don’t blame’em! There’s no way this should be happenin’!

Joey Styles:
But it’s gonna! American Made can’t back out now – everybody’s on their feet, the ref’s rung the bell, this is an official match! Will heart and respect or underhanded assaults walk away victorious here? The gold is on the line!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As we’re back from the break, we can see that the World’s Greatest still haven’t fully recovered from their pre-match blows, as Charlie Haas looks to be in control of Hagar, but Hagar quickly stops Haas from gathering anything by delivering a stiff and blatant shot to Haas’ softened back. Hagar then wraps himself around Haas’ waist, lifting him up…into a bearhug!! Haas’ decimated lower back is seriously put to the test here, as he yells out in pain and for Benjamin to help him out. His equally damaged partner is reaching, doing his best to try and get the tag, but they’re so far apart. Haas starts delivering elbows to Hagar’s head, but Hagar simply readjusts and clinches the hold tighter, stirring the pain up once more for Haas. Haas stays in the hold for several more excruciating seconds before he starts putting his weight forward and pushing towards his corner, Hagar being forced to backpedal. Benjamin is reaching out as far as he can to get to his partner, but still far too far. The bearhug inches closer and closer to the champion corner, however, the crowd trying to get Haas out of this mess. Just when they seem like a fingertip away…Hagar dashes forward and drives Haas’ spine into the AM corner’s ring post!!

Nameth smiles and says ‘nice’ before leaning away as Hagar isn’t done. He backpedals again, Haas still in his clutches and drives the back into the iron post a second time! This time, Hagar pins Haas’ body between his own and the ring post, Nameth grabbing the tag rope and tagging Hagar on his back, becoming the legal man. Nameth doesn’t step in, instead standing on the middle rope on the apron, grabbing the back of Haas’ head. Hagar keeps Haas’ body pinned up for a second until his partner leaps…springboard facebuster!! Haas’ body bounces up on the impact, Nameth scooting back on his ass and turning Haas over –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Haas stays live!! Nicky then takes Haas and snapmares him right back over, driving a duet of knees into Haas’ weak back before grabbing hold of his head and flipping over with the neck snap!! Haas whiplashes violently back down to the canvas, while Nameth lands on his behind once more, but spins onto one knee before slicking his hair back and opening his arms towards the crowd, garnering some very cocky heat. Hagar then gets to his feet to drag Haas a little closer to center ring before pumping an elbow up and screaming “AMERICA!!” and leaping up with a vertical leap elbow drop, driving the joint into Haas’ sternum and staying there for another cover –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Haas gets out of that one too, prompting Nameth to float over Haas’ body and tag back in Hagar, who proceeds to grab hold of Haas’ arms while Nameth grabs hold of his legs. The two appear to mentally count before they pull up and execute a two-man freefall drop!! Haas lands squarely on his back, sending him writhing now, Hagar pulling him away from the ropes for another cover –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Again, Haas shows some resolve! Hagar gets a little noticeably irritated at this, taking Haas by his hair and forcing him to his feet before picking him up, walking over to an empty corner, then scoop slamming him. Haas again tends to his back, as Hagar starts taking several steps back into the opposite empty corner. He looks and even points at Benjamin and flashes a swagger-filled grin before he rushes looking for the Hagarbomb…Haas gets the knees up!! Hagar’s guts get impaled, as this could be the breath of life the champions desperately need! Haas doesn’t get up immediately from the counter, still tending to his back as he gradually does. Hagar gets to his feet as well, blindly rushing at Haas, who counters that with a one-man flapjack!! Hagar’s face gets planted, as Haas grimaces once more, getting to one knee. He tends to his back and inches closer and closer to his corner, where Benjamin is extending…HE GOT IT!! BENJAMIN FINALLY TAGS IN!!

Benjamin storms in, but as he does, so does Nameth, who gets greeted with a running clothesline. Hagar is to his feet now, only to get hit by another clothesline. Nameth comes back after Benjamin, only to be whipped into the opposite ropes and lifted for a back body drop! Nameth rolls out of the ring, but as Benjamin starts catching fire, Hagar reminds him he’s injured by catching him off guard and shooting on his legs, only to get to his side…gutwrench suplex!! Benjamin’s wear and tear start to show now, as Hagar tries for a cover here –

1…

3-NO!!

Benjamin manages to keep the titles where they are! Hagar takes Benjamin now and starts clubbing away at his back, hoping to possibly open up another spot like Haas’. After several blows, he brings Benjamin all the way up and swiftly brings him up and over with a drop suplex, another pin attempt –

1…

2…

NO!

Benjamin keeps the fight alive, forcing Hagar to drag him to his feet, but as he does so, Benjamin starts fighting back, delivering hard shots to Hagar’s midsection before rebounding off the ropes behind him and rushing full tilt back at Hagar – belly to belly suplex from Hagar!! Benjamin goes flipping all the way over, taking away all wind from them again! Benjamin is close to some ropes, so Hagar starts dragging him to the center of the ring, but then decides to change direction and drag him to an empty corner. Hagar then tags in Nameth, Hagar rushing to the opposite corner and successfully hitting the Hagarbomb! But immediately following that, Nameth rushes behind, lifts himself off the middle rope – low angle elbow drop!! Nameth again pulls Benjamin away with the cover –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

BENJAMIN STAYS ALIVE!! Nameth starts pounding the mat in frustration, looking at the referee like he’s about to cry, wailing about that being three. The ref disagrees and nearly causes the tantrum-throwing challenger to shit his diaper, Nameth now covering Benjamin again –

1…

2…

NO!

Benjamin kicks out again, prompting Nameth to grab at his hair once more, furious at the fact that he’s not a champion by now. Benjamin gets to his feet, only to be greeted by Nameth rushing at him. Benjamin sidesteps and sends Nameth’s head crashing against the steel post, getting Benjamin to catch Nameth from behind with a school-boy –

1…

2…

NO!!

The first pin attempt from the WGTT all night comes up short, but both men get back up, Benjamin catching Nameth again, this time in a small package –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

A closer one that time, but Nameth unhinges it, getting both men back to their fee, where Benjamin quickly catches Nameth from behind, driving him into the ropes, then back for a victory roll –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Benjamin falls short for a third time, trying to end this match as quick as possible for he and his hurt partner. Both men get back to their feet, but Benjamin is feeling the heightened pace drain his already depleted stamina, giving Nameth time to grab Benjamin in a sleeper hold!! Nameth has the hold wrapped on tight, Benjamin trying to stay awake and in this thing. Nameth then jumps on the back of Benjamin and wraps his legs around him, putting more weight and forcing more of Benjamin, who soon falls to the canvas, Nameth keeping the sleeper and bodyscissors locked in. Benjamin begins to quickly fade, Nameth ordering the referee to end it now. As the ref gets low to check Benji, he takes Benjamin’s wrist and proceeds to lift it and watch it drop…

…1!!

…2!!

3-NO!!

BENJAMIN STOPS HIS ARM!! Benji gets new life in him as the crowd surges behind him, as he gets to his feet. He’s still got Nameth on his back, but Benjamin is able to reach back and sling him over, but it causes him to stumble a bit, but he does so towards his corner, tagging in Charlie Haas!! Haas steps in, but Hagar sees this and is quickly after Haas now, who takes the larger Hagar and guides him right over the top rope to the floor!! As Nameth gets to his feet, Haas meets him with a European uppercut before kneeing him in the gut and hanging Nameth up on the rope, only for the recovering Benjamin to rebound off the ropes, leapfrog over Haas and guillotine Nameth’s body!! Nameth goes down hard, Benjamin stepping back out, and Haas getting the champs their first definitive cover –

1…

2…

3…

HAGAR PUTS NAMETH’S FOOT ON THE BOTTOM ROPE!!

The still in-this Hagar foils the attempt, as the referee stops the count to acknowledge the rope break. Haas’ face tell the story of frustration, gripping his back in pain and still having to keep the match going. While JBL shuns Haas for looking that way (“Don’t get mad, Charlie! This is what you agreed to!”), Hagar’s presence draws the attention of Benjamin, who looks to eliminate Hagar by chasing after him and trying for a diving reverse elbow…NOBODY HOME!! Hagar rushes out of the way, leaving Benjamin to go from the apron to the outside and crash into the barricade, spine first. As the referee peers through the ropes to see if Benjamin is okay, Hagar sneaks back in the ring, nailing Haas in the spine once more, darting behind him…RED, WHITE, AND BLUE THUNDERBOMB!! The spinout powerbomb has Haas planted, but Nameth is still recovering from his tag team hit. Hagar quickly gets out of the ring and to his apron as the ref turns around, Nameth crawling on his hands to get to Haas and throws his body on Haas’ with one final lunge –

1…

2…

{HAAS GETS HIS FOOT ON THE ROPES!!}

3…!!!

THE REFEREE DIDN’T SEE IT!!!

Winners and NEW AOW Tag Team Champions: American Made at (14:10)

Joey Styles:
Wait a minute!! That’s a travesty!! Charlie Haas’ foot was clearly on the ropes!!

JBL:
SHUT UP, JOEY!! Sit down an’ celebrate like it’s the Fourth of July!! New champions!! New, smart, cunning, dashing, and All-American CHAMPIONS!!

Joey Styles:
No, not this way. Please, tell me not this way…

Hagar grabs Nameth and brings him to his feet, both men on the verge of tears as though they deserved this win. Benjamin is on the outside begging with the referee to look at Haas, but the ref is busy taking the titles and handing them to AM, who hoist them high and tearfully embrace with them. While they do that, the ref is taking Benjamin’s word and taking a look at Charlie Haas…then realizes he made a mistake!! Goose Mahoney’s made a mistake!! He sees his err and quickly SNATCHES the titles from the hands of Nameth and Hagar, giving them back to the timekeeper.

{His foot was on the ropes, the match is still going. Restart the match!}

THE REF CALLS FOR THE BELL AS HAGAR AND NAMETH (and JBL) LOSE THEIR MINDS!! WE’RE RESTARTING!!

RESTARTED MATCH

~AOW Tag Team Championships~
World’s Greatest Tag Team(c)
v.
American Made

Nameth and Hagar are doing their best to argue with Mahoney, but he’s not budging on these grounds, telling the false champions that one of them has to leave the ring. Hagar starts to concede, pulling away the hot-headed Nameth, but to no avail, as Nameth shrugs (throws) Hagar off of him, getting beet-faced and in Mahoney’s face, the man in stripes refusing to give the titles back. While all that’s going on, Shelton Benjamin has entered the fray and throws a kick towards Nameth, but the hot-blooded blonde catches it, only for Benjamin to hit the Dragon Whip…on Hagar!! Nameth ducks and the move inadvertently hits Hagar!! Jack goes rolling out of the ring, while Nameth sneaks away and behind Benjamin, only to be hit…WITH A CHARLIE HAAS SUPERKICK!!! Haas falls from his off balance and hits the canvas, but Nameth falls right into the arms of a waiting Benjamin…EXPLODER SUPLEX!! EXPLODER SUPLEX!! Benjamin hooks Nameth’s legs with both legs and one arm, as the ref gets to it –

1…

2…

3…!!

Winners and STILL AOW Tag Team Champions: The World’s Greatest Tag Team at (15:01)

And just like that, they retain the titles!! Benjamin rolls off of Nameth’s body and goes over to the exhausted and apron-hanging Haas, pulling him to his feet. Mahoney then hands the titles over to the rightful champions, who hoist them high, but can’t do so for long, as their backs start hurting again. Both men even drop to their knees after this, having taken plenty of abuse in the last twenty minutes.

JBL:
This is an absolute OUTRAGE!! This is beyond RIDICULOUS!! Goose Mahoney should be tried for treason for his actions against America!! Give those titles back to the boys who deserve them!

Joey Styles:
But the men who deserve them do have them, Bradshaw!

JBL:
SHUT UP, JOEY!! I’ll have you tried too!

Joey Styles:
Well, regardless of what my partner thinks, the Tag Team Championships will stay right where they are right now and that’s on the shoulders of the World’s Greatest Tag Team in a match that we were sure wasn’t even going to happen, but now American Made has to live with the fact that they used their title shot and they lost it, even after the attack by the Samoan Fight…uh-oh…

The “uh-oh” is for the fact that both members of American Made are in the ring, staring down the still very much damaged Tag Team Champions, looks of unbridled anger in their eyes. But before they can even lay a finger on the vulnerable champions, the crowd starts buzzing, as it appears someone is coming down the ramp. We soon find out who, as the Samoan Fight Club is back, sliding into the ring behind American Made. Nameth and Hagar turn to see them and make space for them, all four men staring daggers into the champions when suddenly…Siaki and Manu start pounding on Nameth and Hagar!! The brawlers sock several MMA style punches off the faces of American Made before lifting them up, crunching their bodies against each other, and simultaneously powerslamming them!

The World’s Greatest have rolled to the announcer’s table while that happens, trying to avoid any danger, but the Samoan Fight Club now have their insanely hungry eyes on the tag champs. Just when it looks like Manu and Siaki are about to step outside and rip into the champs for the second time tonight, “EXECUTORS OF EXCELLENCE” booms off the sound system now, as the crowd gives out a hearty surprise pop to a team we haven’t seen in a few weeks in the SONS OF THE DUNGEON!!

Wilson and Smith storm the ring and immediately get the attention of the men who took them out in the Fight Club, Wilson dropping Siaki with a hard dropkick, while Smith fells the beast Manu with a hard lariat. Smith then takes the weakened beast and pulls him into a bearhug, while Wilson rebounds and hits the HART ATTACK TO THE BIG MAN!! The recovering Siaki now tries to go at Wilson alone, charging at him, but the aware TJ throws Siaki over him, only for him to come down right on the broad shoulders of Harry Smith…RUNNING POWERSLAM!!

The Sons are standing tall in the ring, the crowd going nuts at this entire sequence of events, while the World’s Greatest Tag Team is staring at the carnage from about halfway up the entrance ramp. The Sons soon stare back at the awed champs, Wilson grabbing the downed body of Nameth, while Smith takes the carcass of Siaki…AND PERFORM SIMULTANIOUS SHARPSHOOTERS!!! And while they’re holding it, they never break their gazes from the World’s Greatest!! The crowd is absolutely on fire, as the Sons finally release the holds and have an aura of sheer intensity around them, staring holes into the tag team titles. Just when things couldn’t get any more overbooked, we hear the big screen behind the champs come to life with the image of Paul Heyman.

Paul Heyman:
Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Congratulations on a very…questionable retention of your Tag Team Championships. I’ve been watching. But I’ve also been listening to your very outspoken comments about your ideas about your competition. Now, what I just saw were three teams who were more than willing to give you a run for your money on those words. So, in three weeks at a Very Merry War, the World’s Greatest Tag Team will be defending those titles in a rematch against American Made…

~Heat

Paul Heyman:
…the Samoan Fight Club…

~A good bit of heat, but some pops are heard in there

Paul Heyman:
…and the Sons of the Dungeon!!

~A solid pop is heard, as the Sons nod in the ring

Paul Heyman:
And just to make sure nothing happens like what happened tonight, it’ll be a match where the ropes can’t save you. You wanna know why? Because it’s going to be…A FOUR-WAY LADDER MATCH!!!

A HUGE POP!! The World’s Greatest Tag Team just stare up in awe as Heyman disappears from the big screen, leading them only to look back at the ring, where the Sons are standing tall, American Made is crawling and staring at them at the base of the ramp, while the Samoan Fight Club are leaning on each other near the barricade and staring at them as well. Benjamin and Haas are still holding each other up, but they just look at the legion of men they’ll be defending their title against in just three weeks-time…and smile…?

Joey Styles:
What an absolutely earth-shattering announcement!! A Four Way Ladder Match is going to happen at Very Merry War for those AOW Tag Team Championships!

JBL:
Hot damn!! I was jus’ gonna say Paul Heyman needs t’give American Made those titles right back, but there’s a reason he’s the boss and not me. How about that!

Joey Styles:
That match coming about after I think American Made couldn’t hold up their end of whatever bargain they struck with the Samoan Fight Club, and the Sons of the Dungeon making a triumphant return certainly added spice, Paul Heyman giving us that. My oh my, A Very Merry War just got that much more merry, I suppose.

JBL:
No, Joey, it came about because Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas said they wanted competition an’ Paul Heyman was only aimin’ to please. Look at the sick bastards! They’re smilin’! This is exactly what they wanted! They wanted this! But it’ll cost’em, I’ll tell you that much.

Joey Styles:
Some absolutely huge developments in the tag team division right now, but later on tonight, we could either have Shawn Michaels being stripped of his #1 Contendership and possibly an unceremonious end to his career OR we could be seeing someone that Shawn Michaels can find somewhere that is willing to fight in his name to show he’s not alone.

JBL:
Too bad no one will.

Joey Styles:
That’s coming up later tonight, ladies and gents, but coming up next we take you back to last week at the horrifying footage of a man losing himself and, well, potentially all his drive to even be himself. We take you back to what happened to the man we know as Rob Van Dam.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return to Oblivion with the image of Shawn Michaels again searching backstage, talking to several unnamed backstage crew men. He nods his head in acceptance as they both shrug their shoulders. HBK looks somewhat dejected as he turns away from them and starts walking again, but he’s cut off by Ken Doane.

Doane:
Shawn Michaels. The Heart Break Kid. The Showstopper. The Main Event. The Icon. All those names aren’t gonna help you keep your contendership tonight.

Shawn Michaels:
Y’know, you’re right, Kenny. Can I call you Kenny? I’ll call you Kenny.

~Before Doane can say no, Michaels continues

Shawn Michaels
:
See, Kenny, I know you’ve heard I need someone to wrestle for me tonight. But I’ve also heard that you want a spot in the Worthy Legion.

Doane:
What’s that to you?

Shawn Michaels:
Well, seeing as how you were embarrassed in thirty seconds last week, I was kind of thinking it would be in your best interest if you…y’know…impressed Chris Jericho by going out there against Bobby Lashley.

~Doane stares at Michaels while HBK flashes him a pretty fake grin

Doane:
I see what you’re tryin’ to do, Shawn. Not gonna happen. Besides, I’m just about to show the world how real I am by destroying Jack Evans again. I think that’ll impress Jericho more than helping his enemy.

~Doane snarls as he walks away from Michaels, HBK with a ‘rats, foiled again’ look on his face, knowing Doane wasn’t gonna help him, but he tried anyway. Michaels takes a few more steps before a door opens to his right and CM Punk exits with his briefcase full of money in tow. Punk is still hurting from his match and still in ring gear.

CM Punk
:
Hey, Shawn. I know what Chris Jericho is doing and I know for a fact he’s not right. You’re not alone.

Shawn Michaels:
And how do you figure that, Punk?

CM Punk:
Because I’d be more than willing to wrestle in the name of the Showstopper to keep his career going.

Shawn Michaels:
Really?

CM Punk:
It would be an honor.

~Michaels looks even more interested…but then survey’s Punk’s damage before putting a hand on his uninjured shoulder

Shawn Michaels:
As desperate as I might be…I can’t do that to you. You’ve already had one hell of a match tonight. And I can’t ask for more of that from you. I appreciate the offer though, kid.

~Michaels pats Punk on the shoulder before walking away, Michaels looking borderline depressed at what he just did. Punk, meanwhile, has an understanding expression, but doesn’t stop him from looking a bit sad as we fade away…

~Back at ringside at the announce table with focused shots of Styles and JBL, but both men are in somber positions, their voice not as amped up as they are normally

Joey Styles:
Welcome back to Oblivion, ladies and gentlemen, where already tonight we’ve had huge developments. Tonight, Shawn Michaels puts his title shot and career on the line and in the hands of someone else, but we’ve also had the huge announcement of a Four Way Ladder Match being made for A Very Merry War for the Tag Team Championships.

JBL:
But both of those things revolve around championship gold, something that Rob Van Dam can no longer even challenge for in AOW.

Joey Styles:
Indeed, John, but let’s take you back to last week and let you see just how this entire somber and sad story unfolded.

**Video Package**

We see what looks like Oblivion three weeks ago, Rob Van Dam taking on Chris Jericho for the AOW Heavyweight Championship, heavy strings being played as action between the champion and challenger goes back and forth, each blow echoing through the footage. RVD leaps and hits Jericho with the Five Star Frog Splash and looks like the win…

Joey Styles:
HERE IT IS!! NEW CHAMPION…

Styles’ voice trails off as Mick Foley tries to count to three, but is pulled out of the ring by Bobby Lashley. Samoa Joe soon joins the fray, he and Lashley being thrown over a barricade by one another. Foley is down and Van Dam and Jericho are back to trading blows before the strings get faster and faster until…

Joey Styles:
Wait a minute –

JBL:
It’s Finlay! That’s Finlay!!

FINALY BASHES ROB VAN DAM WITH THE SHILLELAGH!! His motives completely unknown, Finlay bursts the scene and clubs Van Dam, but just to be even, also clubs Jericho. Finlay soon walks away from the scene, brutal staff in hand. Both men down and a new referee flying in, RVD is first to stir as he makes it to the top rope…

Joey Styles:
One last time…

Leaping…

CODEBREAKER!! CODEBREAKER!! CODEBREAKER FROM THE FROG SPLASH!! Jericho exhaustingly drapes himself over RVD, but as the referee counts, we see the image of Paul Heyman from last week’s cold open to Oblivion, reciting his address…

As Owner of AOW, following the chaotic actions that occurred last week in the AOW Championship match, I have used my judgment in regards to the stipulations…

1…

The referee’s decision is final and cannot be overridden, regardless of these circumstances….

2…

Therefore, not only is Chris Jericho still the AOW Champion…

3…!!!

…but Rob Van Dam is hereby banned from competing in ALL championship matches, as well as number one contendership situations.

A very brief shot shows Jericho walking away with the title and his Worthy Legion, but it is just as quickly consumed by static and turns right back to Heyman reciting the last part of the statement. It keeps repeating over and over and over and over again until we’re brought back to last week, RVD holding a remote, and replaying the message over and over before turning to Mike Mizanin

RVD:
The man who holds the AOW Championship is the man who is considered to be the life and blood of AOW. But now, I can’t challenge for any title in AOW at all. If I can’t do that, then that means I can’t be the blood that runs through AOW.

RVD:
And the man you say I am, this “RVD” guy…he once claimed that RVD is AOW. So if I can’t be AOW Champion, then I can’t be AOW. And if I can’t be AOW…

RVD:
…then I must not be Rob Van Dam.

RVD:
And if I’m not Rob Van Dam…who am I?

…who am I?

…who am I?

This echoes all the way through the rest of the video, as RVD unleashes a tranquil fury, taking his nameplate and stabbing the image of Heyman on the TV before ripping it off the wall, the music going from intense strings, fading into sad strings as he stares blankly down at the shattered telly screen

Who…am…I…?

*Echoes*

**End Package**

Joey Styles:
Rob Van Dam is not here tonight, he has been sent to his home in California, but we here at AOW will try and keep you updated on the situation as best we can. Um, from a personal standpoint, I’ve known Rob for years and he’s always been a very laid back guy who rolls with the punches, so to see him take this this hard, it’s…it’s honestly very tragic in my eyes.

JBL:
I may not be RVD’s biggest fan, but seein’ a grown man break down like that is a terrible thing, even if Paul Heyman made a controversial call. But my biggest question is what was Finlay’s motive ‘bout all this?

Joey Styles:
Well, we have yet to hear from Finlay as well, who was incredibly mum on the situation when asked about it, but again, we will keep you updated as more of this unfolds and is presented to us.

We leave that quiet note when “I AM THE FUTURE” rings out over the arena, as Ken Doane pumps out his chest and walks down the ramp to an ever-growing-weekly amount of heat. Doane’s walk is not as cocky as we’ve seen before, possibly being somewhat humbled by his elimination last week even though his entire tough talk. Nonetheless, Doane steps in and welcomes the heat he’s getting before lying in wait.

“THE PROUD WARRIORS (LOW JACK REMIX)” is heard arenawide now, as Jack Evans and Low Ki make their way down the ramp. For the first time ever, however, he doesn’t do a little jig, instead, coming down the ramp completely focused, just like Low Ki. Evans has a deathstare at Doane before stepping into the ring, Doane exiting for a quick second. Evans follows Doane’s movements outside before walking back to the center ring. Doane soon re-enters after taking a peek over at Low Ki, while Evans backs into a corner

~Re-match~
Ken Doane
v.
Jack Evans w/Low Ki

Both men are step towards center ring, but Evans is the first man to get into action this time, delivering several kicks to Doane’s midsection before driving an elbow into the side of his temple. Doane virtually oversells the move, backing away from the now more aggressive Evans, going so far as to go over between the ropes and force the referee to tell Evans to back off. Evans backs away, Doane getting back to his feet. The two look to lock-up, but Doane surprises Evans by gripping his head and delivering several hard knee shots to Evans’ midsection, forcing him to bend over. Doane then grabs the back of Evans’ hair and drives his head back with a mat slam. Doane brushes off his shoulder quickly before running back, rebounding, and attempting a follow up elbow drop, but Evans rolls out the way and proceeds to cartwheel to his feet, setting the men at an impasse here.

As the crowd pops from the show of athleticism of Evans, Doane is not amused, rushing back at Evans, only to have Evans sidestep him and take his legs from under him with a back leg sweep, quickly going for a cover – 1…NO!! The first fall of the match is quickly broken up, as Doane quickly gets to his feet again, only to be met by an Evans arm drag, followed by another, then another. As Evans looks to set up for another one, Doane grabs at Evans arm, twists it back, and looks for what might be a back suplex, but Evans flips out of it to his feet, rebounds off the ropes behind Doane, and comes back with a nice hurricanrana!! Doane’s body goes flipping over itself, but unfortunately does so to his feet. As Doane grabs onto the ropes to regain his balance, he soon drifts back center, where he groggily throws a wild punch at Evans, who hooks it and brings Doane over for a backside – 1…2…NO!! Doane manages to roll out of the quick pin attempt, only to rush right back at Evans and behead him with a clothesline!! Doane now with a hard cover – 1…2…NO!! Evans stays in.

Low Ki looks on stoically, but hoping for the best in his tag partner, who is brought to his feet by Doane, who grabs a hold of his wrist and delivers another clothesline, but he keeps the wrist held and proceeds to roll through and nail yet another clothesline before keeping hold and rolling through for a third consecutive clothesline, this one looking more like a lariat, as Doane covers Evans again – 1…2…3-NO!! Evans still doesn’t want to go down here. Doane then takes the flexible Evans and drives both knees into his spine before leaning back and prying…bow and arrow lock!! Doane has Evans’ body contorted in ways it probably should not, even getting Ki a bit concerned here on the outside. The crowd is doing their best to try and get Evans back into this one, but Doane has the move locked in insidiously tight, but Evans manages to start thrashing around a bit, plunking Doane several times in the face. Doane now has to let go of the hold, Evans flailing out, but going over to the still on his back Doane and getting a jackknife cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Doane throws his legs up!

Doane rolls back to his feet, only for Evans to meet him with a hard elbow. Evans then grabs Doane to Irish whip him, but it gets reversed, Doane lowering his head and gearing up for the rebound. Evans counters this by rebounding and cartwheel backflipping over Doane…INTO A REVERSE DDT!! WOW!! A great deal of the crowd is taken aback by that sudden display, but the move looks like it took a lot out of both Doane and Evans. Both men are down for several seconds while the crowd pops, Evans rolling to his feet first. He doesn’t immediately go for a pin, however, opting to get to his feet and gearing back…standing corkscrew shooting star press!!! This gets a ‘hot damn’ out of JBL, but will it get a three count – 1…2…3…NO!!! DOANE MANAGES TO THROW HIS LEGS UP!!

As impressive that high octane move was, it’s not quite enough to put Doane away. As Evans runs his hands through his locks wondering what to do next, Doane begins to crawl over to a ring corner, using it to get to his feet. Evans is keeping tabs on that, stalking Doane as he leans against the corner…cartwheel elbow!! Evans hits Doane with such velocity, he goes flipping over the top rope once he hits the move, landing safely on the apron as Doane drops face-first to the floor. He begins crawling back towards the center of the ring on instinct, but he looks to be out of it, as Evans lies in wait over on the apron. Doane looks like he rolls over onto his back, this evidently what Evans was looking for, leaping and going for a springboard corkscrew shooting star press…RKDOANE!! RKDOANE!! FROM NOWHERE!! WOW!! The corkscrew motion doesn’t just cause Evans to take the full brunt of the jumping cutter, but forces his head to be spiked hard into the canvas, Evans even flipping over his impaled head. Doane looks like he didn’t even realize he hit the move, but doesn’t waste much time, crawling over and hooking both legs – 1…2…3…!!!

Winner: Ken Doane at (6:02)

Doane rolls off the body of Evans, the crowd actually on their feet and clapping for that unreal(istic) finish. Doane is having his hand raised, but the look on his face says that he’s still out of it, either still feeling the effects of Evans’ offense or just shocked beyond comprehension that he managed to pull his finisher out of nowhere like that. Before too long though, Doane’s expression becomes wrapped with pride before devolving into one of anger, very similar to the one he had on his face when he took out Chris Masters…

JBL:
THAT is what you call an impact, son. Jack Evans don’t even know what country he’s in, I can tell you that!

Joey Styles:
Ken Doane just snuck out a huge win my pulling the RKDoane from out of the ether it seemed like to pick up his second ever win here in AOW over the same man in Jack Evans.

JBL:
Who’s the better man now, jackass!

Joey Styles:
Tonight, the answer to that question is Ken Doane, but…he doesn’t look to be done here…

Doane is staring a hole through the downed body of Evans and starts to ominously climb to the top rope, but Low Ki climbs into the ring and starts to fight Doane from off the top, throwing several blows to Doane’s midsection, but Doane is adamant in his malicious intent, kicking Ki back hard and forcing him all the way back into the opposite corner. As Doane readjusts his balance to go for perhaps the Sky High Leg Drop, Low Ki rushes out of the corner and cartwheels, jumping very high…AND KICKING DOANE RIGHT IN THE FACE AND OFF THE TOP ROPE!! Doane falls all the way to the floor, while Ki shows off a ridiculous display of athleticism with that whole sequence, the crowd roaring once more. Doane looks up from the floor to see Ki staring at him and ready for more should it be necessary, but Doane gets up and away, clutching the side of his jaw and almost walking uncoordinated towards the ramp, pointing back to Ki saying “Watch out. You’re next!”

~Backstage halls…

We follow Shawn Michaels once again in his journey through the halls to find a wrestler, when he comes to a locker room door labeled “Samoa Joe” Michaels breathes what sounds like a “finally” sigh under his breath before walking in. Sure enough, there sits Samoa Joe, on a bench, towel around his neck, punching back not too far away

Shawn Michaels:
Joe. Been lookin’ for you.

~Joe doesn’t even look at HBK

Joe:
Shawn. Been waiting for you.

Shawn Michaels:
Look. I know we haven’t ever really been on the same page lately –

Joe:
Lately?

~Joe gets up and gets in Michaels’ face

Joe:
Lemme take you back to the very first episode of Oblivion, Shawn. August 22, 2007. Everyone was stoked because Shawn Michaels was setting foot in a brand new wrestling company just getting off the ground. And a guy like me was havin’ to get in your shadow.

~Michaels and Joe are nose to nose

Joe:
The first thing I ever said to you, Shawn, was you are the biggest name in this company. I admitted that then and it’s no less true now. But I told you because of that, you had the biggest target on your back. And you still do. It’s even bigger now with your very career on the line.

~Michaels looks stonefaced right back at Joe

Joe:
I know what you want. You want me to go out there and face Lashley for you tonight.

Shawn Michaels:
No. I don’t want you to go out there and face Lashley for me. I want you to face Lashley for you. I saw what he did last week, and the week before that, matter o’fact.

Joe:
Yeah, I’m sure you do. Two birds, one stone, right Shawn? If I go out there, you get to keep your title shot and maybe take out Bobby Lashley. Hell, if Lashley finds some way to beat me, maybe I get off your case. Not gonna work that way. If it means helpin’ you, I can wait to get my shot at Lashley. Besides…you’re still on my hit list, ain’t you?

~Michaels stands silent and stares right at Joe with a mixture of disappointment and anger and turns to walk out the door before deciding on anger and turning back to Joe…

Shawn Michaels
:
I know you want me gone. But I think you and I both want Chris Jericho gone. If what I know about Jericho is right, you think he’s gonna stop now? You think he’s gonna stop at me? He went out of his way to get rid of Christian, of RVD, and now me. Yeah, you may want me gone pretty bad. But all you’re doin’ is exactly what Jericho wants you to. And if you think I screwed over your friend…I can only imagine what Jericho has up his sleeve for everyone else. If you want to find out, then I guess you stay here and think only about yourself.

~Michaels and Joe nearly rub noses before Michaels turns his head and walks out of the room, stopping one last time in the doorway, but not looking back. He then continues on, assumedly to the ring. Joe just sits there with a sneer, but a thoughtful sneer…

Joey Styles:
Shawn Michaels may have just walked out on the very last person he could ask to be the man who fights for him in the main event. What other options does he have? We’ll have to find out…next!

Quote:
We reach a black screen, before lighting up with what seems like a very innocent Christmas-like image of a home covered in snow, Carol of the Bells chiming in the background before our first female narrator chimes in over it…

Narrator:
‘Twas the night after Christmas, and all through the home…

We actually get a look inside the house, which reveals a Christmas tree…ribbons replaced by barbed wire

Narrator:
Not a creature was spared a chair shot to the dome

The screen fades to shots of several chair shots to the skull thus far in AOW

Narrator:
Some things were hung by the chimney with care…

In perhaps a PR nightmare, a flash goes by of Finlay hanging Joe with the ring rope noose in their AOKO clash

Narrator:
In hopes better bosses might soon be there…

A brief shot now of Paul Heyman and Mick Foley nose to nose in silence

Narrator:
The Hammerstein faithful, mass and brutal as a mob

Shots of the cantankerous Ballroom crowd

Narrator:
Would carol along with each other, singing {/Joey Styles} “OH MY GAAD!!”

Styles’ voice goes over for a second, with a shot of Shawn Michaels going through the announce table

Narrator:
While some have been nice, others Scrooges, some seething

Respective shots go by of Bryan Danielson, Muhammad Hassan, and Chris Jericho

Narrator:
AOW would like to wish you all happy SEASON’S BEATINGS…

On that, the Carol of the Bells becomes the Trans-Siberian Orchestra variation, complete with electric guitars

~AOW: WEDNESDAY NIGHT OBLIVION PRESENTS~

!!A TWO-HOUR LIVE SPECIAL!!
SUPERSHOW II: A VERY MERRY WAR
December 26th, 2007

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break with Chris Jericho already in the ring, his music booming on the sound system, both Wright and Lashley with him yet again. But also with him this time is AOW Chairman Paul Heyman, who is standing somewhat uncomfortably beside Wright.

Chris Jericho:
Alright, I’ve waited long enough, Michaels. You’ve had the entire night to make futile attempts to have someone compete against Bobby Lashley right here, right now. Get out here or by the very terms you agreed to, forfeit your title match with me at a Very Merry War.

Jericho has to wait a few more seconds before “SEXY BOY” hits the arena for the second time tonight, Michaels coming through the blood-red curtain, not nearly as jovial as he was in the opening segment of the show. The look on his face is pretty blank as he comes down the ramp and rolls into the ring, seeing Paul Heyman before looking to Jericho, who looks as happy as can be

Chris Jericho:
Look! See that, Heyman? No one is here for him. Shawn Michaels could not hold up to the very terms he agreed to earlier tonight in front of the whole world. You agreed to this, remember Michaels?

Shawn Michaels:
I know what I agreed to –

Chris Jericho:
Strip him! Take away his title shot right now. You know he doesn’t deserve it, these people know he doesn’t deserve it, and he knows he’s all alone just like I said. Make a decent decision in your life and take it away from him.

~Jericho says this in nearly one breath, Heyman looking somewhat nervously

Paul Heyman:
Shawn…I have to do this. You agreed to the terms…

~Michaels’ head lowers, the crowd starting to throw a considerable amount of heat

Paul Heyman:
Shawn Michaels, I hereby –

**FINAL COUNTDOWN**

The hell is this-? AOW Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson marches out to the entrance ramp to an abnormally HUGE ovation, his left orbital bone still wrapped in medical tape and bandages after being picked apart last week. The man who said Shawn Michaels was his inspiration continues his determined march to the ring before sliding in and stopping all in the ring, Jericho, Heyman, and Michaels all staring at Danielson with stupefied expressions, not sure what in the hell to think here.

Joey Styles:
What a turn of events!! Shawn Michaels career was possibly three words away from being snatched away, but here comes the man who claims Shawn Michaels is his idol in Bryan Danielson, our Cruiserweight Champion.

JBL:
That’s all very valiant and heartwarming an’ all that nonsense, Joey, but come on. Bobby Lashley is a physical specimen an’ Bryan Danielson looks like he should be in Cub Scouts. Look at’im! Lashley’s dwarfing the dwarf! There’s no way he can beat him.

Joey Styles:
That’s not part of the deal, is it Bradshaw? Chris Jericho didn’t say anything about Michaels’ pick winning, he just had to show up! Shawn Michaels is still the number one contender, but now we’ve got a David versus Goliath situation on our hands! One week after defending his title in a grueling match that nearly cost him an eye, Bryan Danielson is going to take on Bobby Lashley.

JBL:
The hell does this Danielson kid have to prove?

No one has really budged in the last few seconds, everyone still stunned at not just anyone coming to Michaels’ aid, but the Cruiserweight Champion being the one. Paul Heyman looks at Michaels suspect like “this is your guy?” before Chris Jericho starts giggling then laughing like mad. Jericho laughs so hard, he has to go over to Lashley’s shoulder and lay his head on it to emphasize his gesture. Lashley doesn’t change his demeanor at all, staying very serious, but we can tell he’s having a very hard time trying not to break character and crack a smile, not at Danielson, but just at the signature hamminess of Jericho here. Michaels pulls Danielson out of the middle of the ring and looks to talk to him for a second before Danielson points and we can hear him say “You said you never saw one of my matches. Now here’s your chance. I’m here to fight for you.” This takes Michaels back a bit before nodding to Heyman and rolling out of the ring, but staying closeby. Heyman meanwhile asks Jericho to step out of the ring and stop laughing, which he finally does, getting back serious as he steps out right beside Wright, who hasn’t moved through the whole affair. The ref makes some space between Danielson and Lashley before we begin.

MAIN EVENT
AOW Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson

w/Shawn Michaels
v.
Bobby Lashley
w/AOW Champion Chris Jericho & Paul “The Great” Wright

The crowd has to die down a little bit from the open, but Danielson and Lashley just stare at each other from across the ring for several seconds, Danielson not standing down in the least. He is the first to even bother approaching center ring, walking very slowly and being very tedious about this, Lashley soon bullrushing forward and looking to SPEAR DANIELSON IN HALF, but Danielson moves out of the way fairly quickly, leaving Lashley to keep going across the ring and stop himself against the ring ropes. We’re already teetering into overrun on the program clock, but Danielson and Lashley don’t take that into account, as they’re back to playing cat-and-mouse. Lashley turns around from the corner and looks dead at Danielson, who scurries back to his feet and into a wrestling stance, but being very tedious still. Lashley begins stalking Danielson with each step he takes towards him, lunging at Danielson again, only for the champ to dodge that as well, but surprises Lashley with a roll-up from behind – 1…NO!!

Danielson tries to pull out right out his hat right there, but Lashley is onto it. Back to the slowed pace now, as Lashley continues to stalk Danielson and the champ having to be very wary of the lethality of his much larger and stronger opponent. Lashley finally gets within striking distance, but again it’s Danielson who surprises us when he darts in on one of Lashley’s legs, throwing the big man off balance and forcing him down to one knee, which Danielson uses to try and lock in the LeBell Lock, using all his might to try and get the bowling ball sized biceps of Lashley between his legs…NO!! Lashley powers out of the move by simply flexing his arm, forcing Danielson to roll backwards. But Danielson rolls so to his feet, quickly rushing back behind the still shortened Lashley and gets in the double chickenwings, looking for Cattle Mutilation, but Lashley resists and rises to his feet before throwing Danielson clean over his shoulders with the chickenwings still locked in!!

Danielson is thrown with authority over the head of Lashley, who flexes his muscles in a ravish display of power. Danielson has to immediately rethink things, his two finishing submissions perhaps being seen as null and void here. As we look around the ring, Jericho is paying close attention, but smiles when he sees Lashley’s power and starts telling his monster to “finish him”, while Michaels is looking on very concerned, but hopeful. Lashley bursts forward towards Danielson once again with a clothesline, but Danielson is able to take it, use the momentum, and actually get Lash down on the mat, once again going for the LeBell, but Lashley again stands up and throws his arms open, throwing Danielson back down to the canvas. As the resilient champ gets to his feet quickly, however, he’s immediately BEHEADED BY A LASHLEY CLOTHESLINE!! Danielson goes flipping on that move, Lashley having to stop himself in the opposite corner there was such a charge behind that one.

Lashley surprisingly doesn’t go for a cover here, instead looking down at Jericho and getting word that he should “torture Michaels’ last hope”. Lashley seems to oblige here, now beginning to play with his food, it seems. He grabs the stunned Danielson and brings him to his feet before draping him across his chest and chunking him over his body with a massive fallaway slam. Danielson goes rolling all the way to the edge of the canvas, Michaels not looking too pleased with this. Lashley doesn’t seem to be pleased either, as The Dominator grips the limp body of Danielson and gives it a solid knee to the gut before whipping him across the ring and going for a big boot, but Danielson is still aware enough to dodge it and rebound again before connecting with a clothesline…that doesn’t seem to knock Lashley down! It stuns the big man, but Danielson needs to do more, as he goes and rebounds again, only for Lashley to catch him in a DEVASTATING SPINEBUSTER!!

The crowd is deflated once more as Jericho looks over to Michaels, telling him “You’re all alone because I’ll kill your friends!” Those who can hear this let out a boo of a roar, but it doesn’t make Danielson any more alive, as Lashley finally looks to go for a pin attempt here – 1…2…3-NO!! The Cruiserweight Champion has much more fight in him than that. Danielson rises to his feet clutching the base of his spine, Lashley quick to follow up with another hard set of blows to the gut, then a blow to the face. Danielson is rocked off balance until he starts firing shots of his own right back at Lashley, starting a flurry of blows that gets the crowd back into things, with a CHOP(Wooooo!) that would make Michaels and Naitch proud, followed by another CHOP(Wooooo!), but just when he gains a head of steam, Lashley turns the momentum around and shoves Danielson in a corner, kicking back and nailing several consecutive shoulder thrusts to his gut, prompting Danielson to nearly fold up in the corner with each blow. Lashley then takes the withered champ and tries to whip him into the opposite corner, but Danielson backflips over Lashley’s head, sending the charging Dominator to crash his chest against the corner!

Lashley’s huge body doesn’t recoil, instead leaving him hanging in pain in the corner. Danielson sees his opening, rushes at Lashley and corner dropkicks him back into the post!! Lashley goes down hard for the first time, Danielson finally able to get a count on – 1…2…NO!! Lashley lifts Danielson’s body off of him with authority! Even so, Danielson doesn’t let the big man get to his feet, rushing over to his still downed body and attempting to wrap him up in a submission hold, but Lashley is able to muscle his way out of Danielson’s attempt. Danielson doesn’t let that stop him, however, continuing to pry at Lashley until he makes it to his legs, which he finds a way to wrap up before putting on…a surfboard stretch!?

Bryan Danielson, the 5’ 10”, 180 pound vegan has the 6’ 4”, 270 pound muscleman contorted in a surfboard stretch!! Danielson is pulling Lashley’s head into his chest, forcing his body to contract down to the Dragon’s body size. The crowd is eating this up, Jericho looking on very worried. Danielson is selling the intensity of the hold, but Lashley soon breaks free when his large legs break away from Danielson’s much smaller ones, Lashley squatting to his feet with Danielson still clutching his head, adjusting and putting Danielson on his shoulder for the Dominator…but Danielson squiggles off, grabbing Lashley and pushing him into the ropes and rolling him over for a victory roll – 1…2…NO!! Lashley’s powerful legs again get him out of that one, throwing Danielson pretty far as well. Danielson makes some room between he and Lashley before charging back at the big man…BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX INTO THE CORNER!! DANIELSON FOLDS HEAD OVER HEELS IN THE CORNER!! The air has once again left the arena, Lashley’s face seething as he pulls Danielson out of the corner and covers – 1…2…3…NO!!! DANIELSON STAYS ALIVE!!

The crowd loves the fight still left in Danielson after last week, but The Worthy Legion is having none of it. Jericho screams at Lashley to finish it now, prompting Lashley to lift Danielson up into a suplex…and leave him in the air before bringing him back down with the delayed vertical suplex. Danielson almost seems done for, but to add insult to an already apparent injury, Lashley doesn’t cover him, opting instead to kick Danielson right in the broken orbital bone!! Lashley’s foot goes right into Danielson’s eye socket, leaving him rolling on the canvas in pain in an already grim situation. Shawn Michaels isn’t pleased with that at all, jumping up on the ring apron and nearly jumping in there to get at Lashley, but the referee prevents him from doing so. While the ref is managing Shawn, Jericho now gets a shot in at the injured eye, delivering a blatant punch of his own to it.

Lashley now takes the possibly re-injured Danielson and brings him to his feet again, lifting him over his head in a military press, walking around with him to fully display his power to a chorus of heat. Just as Lashley prepares to put the move into something else, Danielson gets down and latches onto the head of Lashley…and locks in a guillotine choke!! Guillotine choke!! Danielson can’t quite bring Lashley’s huge body down, but he’s forced him over and cutting the circulation to his head off completely with this, the front headlock submission locked in tight. Danielson’s legs wrap around Lashley’s body as he pulls away on the head, nearly trying to wrench the head off the snake. Lashley is near powerless as he loses oxygen by the minute, dropping to his knees even. Jericho doesn’t like how this looks, now jumping up on the apron to either distract the ref or motivate Lashley. Either way, this prompts Michaels to make his way across the outside towards Jericho, yanking him off the apron himself…AND SLAPPING HIM ACROSS THE FACE!!

The crowd pops for this, but this provokes Jericho’s other muscle, Paul Wright, to galumph after Michaels. Wright hits Michaels with a heavy hand that sends Michaels away, but he comes right back with a leaping forearm to the big man, the two in a David v. Goliath match of their own on the outside. Wright of course starts pulling away, grabbing Michaels by the throat and thrusting him into the announce table, the edge of the table driving into Michaels’ infamously injured back. As Michaels looks to be in danger, Danielson lets go of his suffocating hold on Lashley to rush to the aide of his idol, climbing through to the apron…and hitting Wright in the skull with the running, leaping knee!! Wright doesn’t go down, but he’s knocked off balance enough that Jericho almost has to stop him from falling on top of him! Danielson checks on Michaels, who tells the kid he’s fine before Danielson rolls back into the ring and ready to go at Lashley again…SPEAR!! SPEAR!! LASHLEY SPEARS DANIELSON IN HALF!! The much smaller body of Danielson is nearly gored apart by the tank that is Lashley, who makes the academic cover – 1…2…3…!!

Winner: Bobby Lashley at (10:45)

Lashley looks incredibly animalistic here, but he pays no heed to the ruckus going on the outside. He’s still looking to do even more damage. He starts stepping back into a corner, looking to completely end the Cruiserweight Champion here…BUT HERE COMES SAMOA JOE!! Joe and Lashley are brawling again!! Meanwhile, outside the ring, Michaels’ constant clawing away at Wright seems to pay off when he’s able to take a TV monitor and crack it across Wright’s head!! This STILL doesn’t knock the monster off of his feet, but very much takes him out, as Jericho has to lead/drag away the glaze-eyed Wright away from the outside scene, while inside the ring, Joe is very much pulling away over Lashley after a back and forth fight, Joe getting room and clotheslining Lashley over the top rope and out of the ring, right in front of Jericho and the barley aware Wright. Joe lets out a fierce exalt as he watches The Worthy Legion head up the ramp, while Michaels slides into the ring and tends to Danielson. Joe soon does the same, giving Michaels a hard look before doing so, but both men help Danielson get to his feet, Michaels even handing Danielson his title. He pats him on the back of the head before Joe turns his attention back towards the retreating Legion

Joey Styles:
Look at this! Shawn Michaels’ last ditch effort to get through to Samoa Joe must have worked, as he comes to the aid of both Shawn Michaels and Bryan Danielson to get his hands on Lashley and the Legion!

JBL:
Oh, this fire just got turned up even more, Joey!

Joey Styles:
Indeed it does, this certainly spicing things up a bit. I’m Joey Styles alongside John Layfield signing off here, but on this night, Chris Jericho is finally thwarted and proven wrong – Shawn Michaels is not alone!

The final image we get of this Oblivion is that of The Worthy Legion completely on the defense for the first time since their formation, staring from the top of the ramp all the way to the ring, where we see a fired up Joe, a damaged but standing Danielson, and a very stern Shawn Michaels all staring back at them and indeed show that Shawn Michaels is indeed in good company, at least for now as we

Fade…

To…

Black…

END SHOW

~A Very Merry War~
December 26th, 2007
*Special 2-Hour Supershow*
CURRENT CARD

~AOW Heavyweight Championship~
*If Shawn Michaels loses, he can no longer compete*

Chris Jericho(c) w/Paul “The Great” Wright v. Shawn Michaels

*4-WAY LADDER MATCH*
~AOW Tag Team Championship~

World’s Greatest Tag Team(c) v. American Made v. Sons of the Dungeon v. Samoan Fight Club

Sorry for length, but wanted to mash everything in there. Hope all don't get on me too much for that.

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.

Last edited by 619IDH : 05-01-2012 at 11:37 PM.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote