Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

987K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#5,753 ·
I already expected this, having stupid and pointless matches in the third hour is the reason for this drop.

#5,758 ·
WWE Raw on Labor Day Monday, September 3, 2012 scored a 2.83 rating for all three hours, down 10 percent from a 3.14 rating the previous two weeks. It was the lowest overall rating since May 28.

The standard two-hour rating was a 2.85 rating, which was the result of the final hour (not the new first hour) dragging down the overall rating.

- Raw averaged 4.20 million viewers for all three hours, which was the second-fewest of the 3-Hour Raw era. Again, the average was dragged down by the final hour (as opposed to the new first hour).

The final hour averaged a year-low 3.91 million viewers. The score was lower than the final hour of the May 28 episode (against the NBA Playoffs and Hatfield & McCoy combo) and the January 9 episode (against the BCS National Title game). The previous final-hour-low was 3.85 million viewers on November 7, 2011.

The hour-by-hour break down of Raw was 4.31 million first hour viewers, 4.40 million second hour viewers, and a steep decline to 3.91 million third hour viewers.

- Externally, Raw's final hour was opposed by a down-to-the-wire conclusion to ESPN's college football game, which averaged 4.30 million viewers overall, two episodes of "Pawn Stars" on History, and a TNT drama, "Perception," which outdrew Raw.

As a result, Raw ranked #5 in overall viewers Monday night. Raw did rank #1 in key male demographics despite significant drop-offs in adult male viewers compared to last week.

Raw's m18-34 rating was down three-tenths of a rating compared to last week, the m18-49 rating was down nearly three-tenths, and males 12-34 was down one-and-a-half-tenths. Meanwhile, the unpredictable teen males 12-17 rating swung up three-tenths after swinging down five-tenths the previous week.
Like I noted before, the extra hour is hurting the third hour viewership. This is probably the new pattern WWE are looking at for rest of the year, until RTWM begins next year.

#5,759 ·
"It's hilarious that CM Punk can't draw flies to shit. When are more people gonna wake up and realize that he's about as entertaining as watching old re-runs of Murder She Wrote?

He plays a bitchy, grouchy angry little man with a Napoleon complex who everyone thinks is cool and hip because he breaks the fourth wall by people by their real names like he does The Rock.

Well...Phil Brooks or whatever the fuck your name is...you couldn't draw a crowd like "Dwayne" (as you like to call him) if your life depended on it. The only people who give a flying fuck about you are the minority. His fans can blame Labor Day, Fourth of July, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, NFL, MLB, NBA, Pro Bowling, Pro Golf, the rise in popularity of C-Span for the low ratings while the truth is...

Nobody who matters to them gives a flying fuck about CM Punk!"

Posted By: theshape (Guest) on September 05, 2012 at 08:56 PM

LMAO. HAHAHA. Damn shame. It really is. What happened to those "changes" and "making THIS fun again" that was promised?

Reactions: Rock316AE
#5,763 ·
Well, we don't know until we see the segment breakdown...his hug with Kane was in the 10pm slot, for all we know that could have contributed to the abomination that was the hour 3 rating.

#5,764 ·
:lmao

So Punk is in the two high hours of the night, and yet gets blamed for the show's rating? I don't even know how that's jokingly conceivable. Next thing you know if the overrun turns out to do really low/lose viewers, people will blame Punk's 2-minute appearance that made people turn the tv off/change the channel.

The hate has become so hilariously petty that I'm not even sure anymore what the difference is between hating CM Punk and attempting to troll CM Punk fans is.

Reactions: PHX
#5,769 ·
I realy never wanted to be part of these mark wars (Punk is shit, Cena is shit, everyone I hate is shit), but everyone who saw RAW saw Punk in the first 20mins (and hour one was good actually), then he left for the rest of the night (thats what he said) and a surprise comeback at the last 3mins, which wasnt advertised or whatever...Really everyone can have their opinion, but blaming Punk for these numbers isnt correct. Maybe the people lost interest BECAUSE Punk wasnt on the show? Maybe not...Whatever...really sad that the numbers are that low because the show itself was good imo.

Problem is everybody know the matches for NOC and no HHH, no Brock, nothing special, just the ususal "stars" (maybe its because of Lawler missing the show ^^)...so why watch the show after Punk said he want a day off, when Punk/Cena is actually the only interesting thing atm..
If I felt like making a 3 paragraph post I'd use these two post. KO Bossy post a few pages back too.

7 years on wrestling forums and this is still the among one of the dumbest topics on them. Always gets used to back why they dislike a wrestler or to brag about their favorite wrestler. Same shit, different wrestlers and it's Punk's turn apparently since 2011. Some people in this thread I see just do it for tongue in cheek humor which if that's what you got to do to make this silly thread amusing then more power to you. But for those who take it seriously like that AthenaMark dude did Punk fuck your cat or something? If you aren't entertained by him good for you like who you like hate who you hate but don't hide behind ratings. Let alone in a embarrassing illogically way in this specific case.

#5,765 ·
Oh, wow, it was the lowest rated Raw since... the last Monday that was a national holiday. Shocking, shocking.

Not saying the show deserved any better because it really didn't but, yeah.

Reactions: Theproof
#5,768 ·
I realy never wanted to be part of these mark wars (Punk is shit, Cena is shit, everyone I hate is shit), but everyone who saw RAW saw Punk in the first 20mins (and hour one was good actually), then he left for the rest of the night (thats what he said) and a surprise comeback at the last 3mins, which wasnt advertised or whatever...Really everyone can have their opinion, but blaming Punk for these numbers isnt correct. Maybe the people lost interest BECAUSE Punk wasnt on the show? Maybe not...Whatever...really sad that the numbers are that low because the show itself was good imo.

Problem is everybody know the matches for NOC and no HHH, no Brock, nothing special, just the ususal "stars" (maybe its because of Lawler missing the show ^^)...so why watch the show after Punk said he want a day off, when Punk/Cena is actually the only interesting thing atm..

#5,771 · (Edited)
The discussion about the ratings of this episode is pretty much a win-win for Punk. The people actually looking at the numbers see that he featured in the parts that kept the audience and then use logic to try to figure out why it dropped in the last hour. The people bashing Punk just come across as immature and use pretty childish arguments so they do nothing but sink themselves as it's an apparent attempt to, for the millionth time, tell everyone that they just don't like someone.

#5,774 ·
According to the Wrestling Observer radio. The first segment was one of the highest of the show, a 2.9. The same as the Lesnar and Heyman promo. So for people blaming Punk for the overall rating are just haters, nothing more.

Oh and also a little something for the people who say PUNK CANT DRW!

WWE attributes the rise of their stock to the Rock, Brock, and the good for nothing vanilla midget.
Erm, isn't that a poll from the Observer? Voted on by its readers? If so it has absolutely nothing to do with WWE

#5,773 ·
Punk marks, why are you still trying to argue with people blindly hating lol? You could have Vince McMahon himself tell the world that Punk is a draw and some people still wouldn't believe it. You guys are wasting your time but I guess it is amusing to watch things go in 1 ear and out the other on both sides.

#5,781 · (Edited)
If the ending got just under a 3.0 then that suggests to me that everything in the third hour bombed apart from the main event and if so, they should have quite a huge gain. If the opener and closer are around the same viewership, people watched the start, knew what was coming for the main event, left and only came back for the main event so it will be the same people coming back to see what was advertised rather than new viewers you know. That's just my guess based on what you've told me here.

WWE Universe Vote now on who YOU think is responsible for WWE's stock price!!

John Cena
The Rock
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
John Cena
CM Punk
John Cena
Triple H
John Cena
Triple H's Haircut

150% = TRIPLE H'S HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!!

#5,782 ·
WWE Universe Vote now on who YOU think is responsible for WWE's stock price!!

John Cena
The Rock
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
John Cena
CM Punk
John Cena
Triple H
John Cena
Triple H's Haircut

150% = TRIPLE H'S HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!!

RAW ACTIVE TIME, WHO DO YOU THINK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RISE OF WWE'S STOCK PRICE

#Triple H

# The Game Triple H

# The King of King's Triple H

He has to get his weekly fix of burying the roster somehow.

#5,786 ·
What you can get from this rating is that after almost 2 months viewers finally got the new start time, which is why they had a "normal" audience in 8pm, unlike when Brock and Heyman were and actually increased the audience with their appearance and drew a 3.0, biggest so far there but they should break it every week now that people are there from start to finish. The drop for the final hour is a great sign because that shows people aren't going to watch 3 hours, 2.8 overall is abysmal number and next week it should be a 2.6, hopefully lower so they can go back to 2 hours before 2013.

#5,840 ·
They must be encouraged that this past Monday was the first time since Raw1000 that they didn't promote an opening segment and the tune ins was still respectable at the open.

I don't blame the 3 hours, I blame the lack of CM Punk (who left the arena), the non-existence of Cena until th Main Event, (WWE trying to protect his face image instead of him being booed out of the arena during a segment) and a string of 90 minutes of non-consequential wrestling with the worst Mid-Card WWE has had since 2005.

Bring up Ambrose, promote Barrett over the weekend (starting at Smackdown) and cut Ryder, Sin Cara, Santino.

But please don't think the answer is e Big Show coming back... Noone cares.

#5,790 ·
Obviously it didn't deliver, because it didn't happen.

Sheamus comes out, Punk comes out, says no and then you get Jack Swagger of all people, no surprise that Q5 did nothing.

And checking the Raw discussion thread, Punk walked out at 21:08.

So don't bother attributing any lack of rise to Punk, when it's quite possible that the first 7/8 minutes of Q5 went up, before a drop when Swags appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.