Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #2693 (permalink)
DesolationRow
October's Colors Are Orange & Black

DesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbender View Post
Surprising to see how big the ratings were, especially with Cena winning against Lesnar, you'd think that'd turn off some Lesnar fans and/or Cena haters.

And there were new episodes of many shows last night too!
People were curious about the fallout from the pay-per-view, regarldess. I was curious. I even watched Raw live for once to see.

Take note of the second hour drop. It's not massive but it's still there. I'm guessing Brock/Ace/HHH did a pretty huge number, and a fair number of people dropped out.

In any case, I'm thinking we're going to see some considerable drop in viewership in the next few weeks. WWE seems to cease to care right about now, and the month of May is typically about as fillerish and punching-the-clock bland as any month of the wrestling calendar, if not the most. They're clearly trying to give Lord Tensai a rub of heat from Johnny Ace and it might end up working after a few weeks, but Ace/Cena or not, I don't think fans are dying to see this after Cena saying he was going to be off for a while, etceteras. It's pretty clear that both Lesnar and Triple H will be gone for a while, too.

Things won't pick up again, probably, until around No Way Out or right after it. I suspect they'll book Lord Tensai vs. John Cena in a cage match there and feed him to Cena after Cena takes a pin to Laurinaitis at Over the Limit. It's not exactly going to be revolutionary television.

However, for pure wrestling fans and whatnot, the prospect of Bryan/Punk should be exciting.