Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #1725 (permalink)
The Pied Piper
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

The Pied Piper The Pied Piper The Pied Piper The Pied Piper The Pied Piper The Pied Piper The Pied Piper The Pied Piper
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
Summerslam 1998

Triple H vs. The Rock - ****1/4
Stone Cold vs. The Undertaker - ***3/4

Really dug the two main events. You had guys at the top level on this show with Trips and Rocky just about breaking through the main event caliber. There was something about Taker/Austin which I loved. I thought the pace was immense, really dug the booking, nice table spot and with no help from Kane. Would of hit the full 4 if the ending was better but it came off as sudden and was over in a flash. Helped the feud develop though..
Were the dead crowds enjoyable to watch in that match? Did all the botches escape you? Was the slow pace of that match so good to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCal View Post
Summerslam 1998

Triple H vs. The Rock - ***
Stone Cold vs. The Undertaker - **

HHH/Rock bored me mostly, and I thought Undertaker/Austin was total trash. Sloppy brawling, botches... and that was the match .
I agree with this, I'm so sick of many people saying Taker/Austin at SS 98 was legendary. It's more overrated than Taker/Lesnar at No Mercy 2002 right now. It's the one epic fail match many people seem to avoid admitting.