Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #1649 (permalink)
BGLWrestlingGod
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

BGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friendsBGLWrestlingGod needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta101 View Post
I like your review, but the last part isnt fair to me. A lot of those matches were more shitty then Cena/Miz was, but you just chose something that makes them a bit unique. Well WM 27 main event ended with the Rock returning at Wrestlemania after 8 years. Thats what that match will be remembered for, and like you said, the match had a few bright spots in there that didnt make it too horrible.

Other then that, I agree with your review.
I meant to elaborate on why the main event of WM 27 is worse than some of those others I mentioned.

To me, the main event of WM back then wasn't the HUGE deal it is today. Back in 1985-1992, work-rate was much different, and let's be honest, A LOT of stuff, is just held to a different standard. No one was thinking the main event of WM 1, or 2, or 3, would be a wrestling clinic. The first WM me was a tag team match that did its job. For 1986, Hogan defending the title against a monster in a cage was what it needed to be. Same goes for III. Hogan/Sid is bad (probably the second worst main event), but at least it was part of the arc of Hogan WM main events.

I guess my problem is this: once you get to, say, WM 12: the main event is supposed to be a huge deal. After WM 12, 14, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, and 26, for the WM main event to be of such pure quality is more inexusable than a crappy Hogan cage match or whatever silliness 1995 came up with. The main event of WM 27 should, essentially, know better. As I mentioned in my review of WM 25, while the main event was very flawed, I saw that it was going for something special. If you go back, you'll see that the last time the main event just wasn't that good (because it sucked AND it had no story) was WM X8. That's why it strikes me as worse.

1. Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX

2. Career Threatening Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania XXIV

3. WWE Championship: John Cena vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011

4. No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXVII

5. WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VI