Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#889 · (Edited)

Now THIS is a really kick ass theme for Ambrose that totally fits his deranged and psychotic character. Imagine hearing this s he's coming down the ramp. Immediately puts the "boys" on notice and extablishes Ambrose as a threat to the locker room.

But of course, it won't happen...

P.S. From the the movie Once upon a Time in the West, BTW.

#890 ·
Judging by the fact he was taped for one of the next NXT (FCW 2.0) shows, which in my guess will be up on international TV and mainstream WWE internet sites, I reckon they'll be debuting him before then. I don't know when that show is due to go out, but I do reckon he'll be on the roster in no less then a month, especially seeing as he's been doing both raw and smackdown dark matches every week for a couple of weeks now.

#895 ·
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1126486/NXT_set_up_4.jpg

Here's a link to a pic of Ambrose at last night's NXT Tapings. Hope it works (I'm a longtime wrestling fan but new to the forums, so I'm a little worried).

Anyways, If you read the NXT spoilers, you see that most of the FCW roster was brought up. Several stars such as Seth Rollins, Kassuis Ohno, The Ascension, Bo Dallas (Rotundo), Leo Kurger, Richie Steamboat and more made their debuts. However, in 4 hours of tapings, Ambrose only competed in an untaped dark match.

So it seems while most of FCW is moving onto NXT, it looks like Ambrose will be skipping NXT and making his way onto either Raw or Smackdown. I guess that shows that he is the number one prospect in WWE right now.

One final statement: I don't know when Ambrose will debut. I don't know how he will debut. I don't know if he is behind these "Revolution" videos. But I will make one bold prediction: Ambrose will make his debut on July 23rd, the 1000th episode of Raw.

#900 ·
Yeah, "Dean Ambrose" is worse than "Kassius Ohno", totally. LOL. That name reeks of shit. Hero should've just signed off the rights to Chris Hero to them, because let's be honest, that's the only place where your name matters. If he fails in the WWE and has to go back to the Indies, with his previous reputation, he's not gonna fail to get ahead there because his name isn't Chris Hero.

#903 ·
So from all the pictures I've seen of the guy, I always thought he would be some short-shit who weighed like 195lbs.

That changed when I saw him stand next to other wrestlers and I still can't grasp how big this guy actually is.

Is he really a legit 6'4, 225?

#906 · (Edited)
The Winning One™;11468672 said:
What the fuck? Dean Ambrose is a better name than Jon Moxley. Sorry.

Dean Ambrose has a badass aura to it.
Not even. 'Jon Moxley' is badasser for two reasons.

1) He spells "John" a different way. Let's state the blatantly obvious. "Jon" is better then "John", and it looks cooler.

2) He has an "X" in his name. No way anyone can top a name that has an "X" in it.

:cool2

Yeah, I'm definitely taking this name thing a bit too hard. I mean "Steve Austin" sounds generic as hell at first glance, but I guess if that worked out, and Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler are working out, then Dean Ambrose will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.