Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #1461 (permalink)
TJChurch
Humbled

TJChurch TJChurch
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
Survivor Series 2003

Team Angle vs Team Lesnar - ***1/4

Poor booking here or I might be massively missing something. Cena and Benoit are left standing by beating Big Show. However Lesnar taps (again) and Angle is pinned 3/4 the way through. At times it felt all over the place and seemed overbooked with random brawls in the ring. Was enjoyable, especially for an opener, did the trick, Cena continues to build in 2003.
I find myself disappointed by a great many Survivor Series PPVs upon re-watch. Admittedly, I own a few on DVD (the one w/the Shane-Kane match, Bischoff-Austin, etc.), but that is largely because on DVD, you can watch the matches you want & skip the rest.

Offhand, believe I've said it here before, but I think my fave SS match might be the one with DX teaming with Punk. (HHH giving Punk the mic, HBK not knowing who he beat, posing with Melian, are all good. I could do w/o the Spirit Sqaud & the old guys.)