Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #449 (permalink)
TankOfRate
Searching for a new identity

TankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a pushTankOfRate is getting a push
Default Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Redeemer View Post
Dean Ambrose said in a shoot interview that he actually wanted to lose a match that one of the indy shows had him win, since it made sense for the story, because he basically tortured the guy for months. I find that to be pretty awesome that the guy doesn't seem to care about his win or loss record and would rather do what is best for the story he's in. Not to many guys I've heard of that would want to lose a match just because it makes sense, usually guys want to win.
I love that mentality. That's how you know someone's 100% dedicated to their character and putting on a show. In an industry where there's so much emphasis on "I MUST WIN EVERYTHING, NO JOBBING, PAYCHECK, WORLD TITLES, GLORY GLORY GLORY", someone like Ambrose is just... refreshing. It's not about winning, not about losing, not about holding the title; I just want to see the guy on TV, doing the amazing things he's been doing for years. I love awesome angles and stories like Foley/Ambrose because they make me feel totally justified in my love for wrestling. And Foley's blogs... I just love it. Screw the work/shoot stuff, I'm just going along for the ride. This is way too good not too. Cannot wait for this to translate onto WWE programming. I don't think has ever been more necessary.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ef1ef2c3469abab1b7e0ea9da7a3bce5/tumblr_ms5yf6xX7h1r8xjj2o1_500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshine View Post
Isn't it a coincidence that the rise of feminism coincided with the decline of kayfabe.