Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #681 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
Cena/Tensai wasn't all that great because Cena looked to me like he was off his game a bit. Tensai was great though.

Yeah, it's a bit of a throwback to the gimmick era for sure, but so long as they make it about "here's a big huge dude who beats the shit out of people, also he looks scary and foreign" and not about "he's totally all about Japan and stuff!!!!" he should have no problem getting over. It's also not a cookie cutter gimmick, there's something distinctive about it that people will remember without it being too over the top gimmicky.

Also, Santino is a gimmick guy, but he's gotten over huge, and didn't Brodus get a huge pop last night too? I think Tensai should have no trouble getting over.
Maybe you're right, though I think they need to replace some of his nerve holds and fondness for the claw with more elbows and stiff looking offence. He'll be a great heavyweight worker and if they can keep a fine line between brutal offence with some of the more quirky aspects of the character then it good turn out well, just depends how they book him really.

Haven't seen Cena/Tensai yet, but I'm hoping once they get a proper program we'll get some very good matches out of it.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote