Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#446 ·
Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

Dean Ambrose is a fucking legend all ready, Piper 2.0, he'll never ever need the title to be a legit threat, I love guys like him
He reminds me of Austin in his feud with Bret. Austin didn't win a single match outside of DQ during their series, but the way he cut promos made you believe that he won every single one. Ambrose lost his feud with Rollins, lost his match with Regal, and hasn't won a single piece of hardware in FCW - but when he says he's indestructible, I believe it... Because he does.

#447 ·

Dean Ambrose said in a shoot interview that he actually wanted to lose a match that one of the indy shows had him win, since it made sense for the story, because he basically tortured the guy for months. I find that to be pretty awesome that the guy doesn't seem to care about his win or loss record and would rather do what is best for the story he's in. Not to many guys I've heard of that would want to lose a match just because it makes sense, usually guys want to win.

#448 ·

Dean Ambrose said in a shoot interview that he actually wanted to lose a match that one of the indy shows had him win, since it made sense for the story, because he basically tortured the guy for months. I find that to be pretty awesome that the guy doesn't seem to care about his win or loss record and would rather do what is best for the story he's in. Not to many guys I've heard of that would want to lose a match just because it makes sense, usually guys want to win.
I love that mentality. That's how you know someone's 100% dedicated to their character and putting on a show. In an industry where there's so much emphasis on "I MUST WIN EVERYTHING, NO JOBBING, PAYCHECK, WORLD TITLES, GLORY GLORY GLORY", someone like Ambrose is just... refreshing. It's not about winning, not about losing, not about holding the title; I just want to see the guy on TV, doing the amazing things he's been doing for years. I love awesome angles and stories like Foley/Ambrose because they make me feel totally justified in my love for wrestling. And Foley's blogs... I just love it. Screw the work/shoot stuff, I'm just going along for the ride. This is way too good not too. Cannot wait for this to translate onto WWE programming. I don't think :mark: has ever been more necessary.

Reactions: Aficionado
#484 ·

This is the Reality Era in all its glory. Taking what fans think they know and using it to work them all over again, just like the Punk shoot.
Thank you, sir.

This is the Reality Era. Buckle up.

#450 ·

Been watching some Dean Ambrose promos from FCW and such and this guy seems fucking amazing.

I'll admit I wasn't aware of him prior to him getting into FCW, neither have I been that familiar with his work in FCW until this Foley/Ambrose video surfaced and after going back and looking through some of the promos he's done he seems like the real deal. He has a really old school feel about him, I'm not entirely sure what it is but he seems to have got his loose-cannon character down already and he's not even on the main roster yet. When he does eventually get called up (hopefully it's soon because he looks more than ready) I can see myself being a serious mark for the guy. I just really hope they don't ruin/tone his character, which I'm scared Vince will do probably because he will steal the show (specifically microphone-wise) everytime he gets the chance.

#457 ·

So either the feud is off or we won't see Ambrose until fall.
Wait, what? Did something new happen? Or are you just referring to Mick's blog??

#459 ·

I'm still leaning towards it's a work even with that tweet. Mick's doing a fantastic job at tricking us.

#468 ·

well, if this is actually over, mick foley dissapoints me, and i agree with ambrose, he has turned into a softcore bitch!
Assuming it's not a work he asked Ambrose to not mention his kids and Ambrose didn't oblige.

Ambrose needs to learn how to respect his opponent. Anyone calling Foley is soft is an idiot. The guy is 46 year old he's not going to put his body thru Hell for a guy who can't even honor a simple request.

#463 ·

If it genuinely is all called off than Foley needs to man-up a bit. If it is happening but we have to wait 6 months, FUCK THAT. I want Ambrose on TV now!

maybe they wont debut that rivalry straight away, maybe dean will build himself as a big heel first and then in oct/nov when foley appears, dean makes the feud official by attacking foley or something, thats how i honestly see it going if it happens, but who will dean feud with in the mean time? somebody like orton? maybe they could pull the regal feud from fcw and put it on raw, however it happens i just want seth and dean to debut already

#466 ·

1: Dean Ambrose beats Mankind at SummerSlam

2: Mick Foley realizes that not even the demented, basement dwelling sadomasochist Mankind is enough to destroy Ambrose.
He needs Barbie. He needs CACTUS JACK. Ambrose says that defeating the most sociopathic personality of the icon of hardcore wrestling will be
the career-defining and era-ending victory that he craves. Who wins? The fans.

#467 ·

1: Dean Ambrose beats Mankind at SummerSlam

2: Mick Foley realizes that not even the demented, basement dwelling sadomasochist Mankind is enough to destroy Ambrose.
He needs Barbie. He needs CACTUS JACK. Ambrose says that defeating the most sociopathic personality of the icon of hardcore wrestling will be
the career-defining and era-ending victory that he craves. Who wins? The fans.

good, but i dont think mankind will come out, i think ambrose will want cactus jack straight away as he is the hardcore legend, cuz if its this mick foley he faces it could suck ass

#469 ·

http://nodq.com/wwe/336848732.shtml

Dean Ambrose will indeed be debuting on WWE's main roster soon and the current storyline with Mick Foley is designed to make him a top name right off the bat. Ambrose was asked on Twitter what he thought about Foley's recent blog on their encounters. Ambrose replied:

"To be honest, I expected a little more fight out of @realmickfoley. I mourn the loss of his "testicular fortitude""

#470 ·

Awesome. They need to debut him soon.

#472 ·

Somehow, Ambrose's casual reply about "testicular fortitude" makes me believe this is indeed a work.

Just didn't want another tiegate to hit. I remember everyone saying that was a work, too, but sadly it wasn't.

#478 ·

How f'n cool would it be if as a way of "poking the bear" in order to get Foley to snap and fight him, Ambrose puts on the mask, dresses as Mankind and cuts a classic Mankind-esque promo to get in his head? So much potential in the feud.

#479 ·

Ambrose needs to psychologically get into Foley's head to the point where he starts slowly bringing out his hardcore personality, cutting promo's outside of Foley's house, showing videos of kids hurting themselves trying to emulate Foley, even though WWE has the dont try this at home promotion.

This could be the epic slow build it needs, then when Ambrose is in the MITB match have Foley cost him the briefcase just before Dean gets it, Foley will come out as either Mankind or Cactus Jack(THIS!), that leads to a build to a Summerslam match between the 2 where they battle and I mean battle, real hardcore style with Ambrose going over and getting the rub of a lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.