Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#630 ·
Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

Guys, don't dream up too many high expectations or you'll hate his debut and first year which will force you to whine on here so hard.

Let's just let this come up with not huge expectations. It's gonna be good.

#633 ·

A theme for Ambrose eh?

The first 15 seconds is the wait for him to come out, like Cena's, Undertaker's and McIntyre's entrance. Then, at 0:15, he comes out and pop goes the weasel/crowd.

#642 ·

We have a winner. Gives him a sinister edge without it being over-the-top horror show time, either.

this was his theme during the independent scenes don't be surprised if he started using it again one day
That fit Jon Moxley in the indies but not Dean Ambrose in WWE if you know what I mean. Besides, I don't see WWE using a theme entitled "Shitlist" anytime soon.

#661 · (Edited)

this was his theme during the independent scenes don't be surprised if he started using it again one day
That song would fit him IMO, very different than most theme. His song should not be that sinister, let his actions be the sinister ones. But we are in a PG era unfortunately.

He also used this one apperantly

#644 ·

Why does everyone insist on giving him shitty faux rock?
I would be open to a classical piece but it needs to be dramatic and unsettling. That Beethoven piece is just not a great idea. It's not going to get people's adrenaline flowing. At least Foley understood that it makes sense to have a subdued piece after the match instead of before.

#650 ·

HEY GUYS, HE'S GOING TO DEBUT TONIGHT BY INTERFERING IN CENA'S MATCH!!!!!!

But seriously, it would be really cool and special if he debuted on PPV and "Extreme Rules" is the perfect place. When was the last time that happened?
As much as i would like his debut asap, in this match would be terrible, he'd look too small running into these guys, his angle wil no doubt come from the unhinged joker-esque mind games and a blind run in wouldn't be a great start, i would expect a cat and mouse game with someone first.

#656 · (Edited)

Would have posted this in the FCW spoilers thread but i can't seem to find it, and i'll no doubt get 'told off' so to speak for posting it in the general FCW thread because it could be classes as a spoiler and it didn't seem worthy of it's own thread.

So i'm going to try and put it in a spoiler tab (if the spoiler tag works at all)

Anyone know the code? or ideally... anyone actually want me to remove the GIF?

#659 ·

I can't blame WWE for letting this cool down. They know people are anticipating Ambrose's debut. Every WWE TV show as of late, there's been a sign for Ambrose in plain view of the camera. Who knows how many signs are popping up, considering this? A bunch of workers are looking forward to his debut, as Foley said he has a lot of friends in high places within WWE. Ambrose's debut should happen when we least expect it. Moreover, there have been a bunch of debuts in the past month since Wrestlemania. They are going to quite clearly arguably "save the best for last" with Ambrose (out of this batch of debuts; I'm sure there will be more debuts later in the summer). What we're probably experiencing right now is simply the calm before the storm.

#660 ·

I can't blame WWE for letting this cool down. They know people are anticipating Ambrose's debut. Every WWE TV show as of late, there's been a sign for Ambrose in plain view of the camera. Who knows how many signs are popping up, considering this? A bunch of workers are looking forward to his debut, as Foley said he has a lot of friends in high places within WWE. Ambrose's debut should happen when we least expect it. Moreover, there have been a bunch of debuts in the past month since Wrestlemania. They are going to quite clearly arguably "save the best for last" with Ambrose (out of this batch of debuts; I'm sure there will be more debuts later in the summer). What we're probably experiencing right now is simply the calm before the storm.
Yeah, I am OK with them cooling it down because right now there are too many debuts in such a short span of time. Lord Tensai, Ryback, Sandows, Cesaro etc. Ambrose will probably be a late Summer or fall debut.

#662 ·

Once he debuts, be prepared for constant criticisms about his look and lack of physique, and how he isn't "believable as a threat".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.