Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #629 (permalink)
Chismo
TAKIN' A MULLIGAN

Chismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselves
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
I'm a huge Finlay mark but that's coming off as extremely elitist. I would majorly facepalm if someone said that Davey Richards was better than Finlay but at the end of the day it's all subjective. I can totally see how people may find Finlay boring due to the spot-heavy nature of the indies today, but even if I don't agree with that statement, I don't think their opinion is wrong either.

This reminds of a YouTuber who said that Meltzer giving Richards/Elgin 5 stars would harm the future of wrestling. His theory would be that aspiring wrestlers would try to emulate that match. For every one person may of thought that match wasn't that great, there are 10 others that loved the match.
Nah, Finlay is only one example. The other one is Eddie Kingston. You will actually find some people from this section telling you he's not even a wrestler(!). There is more and more people who don't understand the art that is storytelling, and different forms of it.

Btw, the everyday talk about "opinions and subjectivity" is overrated anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbrian View Post
TV shows are the best entertainment programmes like wrestling. My favourite TV show is RAW and SMACK DOWN. I specially like fight of Rey mysterio and Randy Ortan. It was very amazing fight with lots of stunt.
Chismo is offline   Reply With Quote