Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#382 ·
Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

Its obviously a work with the way guys in trouble with twitter(Brodus Clay), I doubt Ambrose would kill his momentum, Foley would stop blogging and tweeting and all this would be over

If HHH is behind this then I want Vince out NOW and HHH taking complete control cause this is absolutely amazing I just went through the whole timeline of it and its remarkable what they can do when not held back by all the restrictions on TV

#383 · (Edited)

Ambrose needs to up his game - Foley is carrying this right now. Both with pointing to the TNA vid and then laughing at Ambrose for completely missing the point and thinking it was about holding down young guys. And then more recently with that blog about not trusting Ambrose because he brought up his kids.

Ambrose needs to cut a video promo on Foley or something. His tweeting about a blind wife isn't carrying his side of this feud.

#385 ·

Ambrose needs to up his game - Foley is carrying this right now. Both with pointing to the TNA vid and then laughing at Ambrose for completely missing the point and thinking it was about holding down young guys. And then more recently with that blog about not trusting Ambrose because he brought up his kids.

Ambrose needs to cut a video promo on Foley or something. His tweeting about a blind wife isn't carrying his side of this feud.

Ugh, I know we all think we're on the inside in feuds like this, but can't we just once sit back and enjoy something? It's not a damn debate. Stop keeping score and just enjoy the ride.

Dean Ambrose is a psychopath, he's not concerned with "carrying his side of (the) feud".

#384 ·

Ambrose vs. Foley in a hardcore match at Summerslam, please.

#389 ·

a) The best villains feel justified in their actions.

b) I like not having to choose sides on this issue, because both have merit. The slippery slope adds to the realism of the feud.

#391 ·

Nothing against Mic Foley, and I honestly think that a worked story line with Ambrose would be cool, but I would rather Ambrose debut as the last person to ever be interviewed on the Piper's Pit. Ambrose reminds me so much of Piper in terms of realism on the mic, and what he says as well. Both were edgy in their own ways. Ambrose would go back, and forth with Piper, and ultimately expose him as a false leader of a directionless generation. Finally, smashing Piper's skull with a coconut. It's almost as if Piper is looking at himself when he see's Dean.

#392 ·

I too saw his dark match at the O2, and while I found his match slightly underwhelming, his promo was top and everyone genuinely hated him. I was excitedly telling anyone within reach of me that they were looking at a future legend, but none of them believed me. They will do soon! :p

#455 ·

I too saw his dark match at the O2, and while I found his match slightly underwhelming, his promo was top and everyone genuinely hated him. I was excitedly telling anyone within reach of me that they were looking at a future legend, but none of them believed me. They will do soon! :p
Pretty sure the vast majority of people there didn't have a clue who he was.

#399 ·

These two have blurred the lines between work and reality so well that it's leading me to question if there isn't actual beef between the two. I guess we will find out when foley is next on raw, hopefully it's next monday....the 3 hour extreme raw.

It would be perfect.....or have ambrose debut at extreme rules in chicago and cut a promo with foley....

#400 ·

With the work Mick put in in putting over the Rock and Edge at somepoint in his careers, as well as countless others you think the kid would have been smart enough to change target on Mick keep the fued going as have this develop nicely into a intro fued to the WWE. He just progressed into the psycho 'dont give a f**k' persona to emphasise the crazy, wen a tweet side step into sayin other things about Micks 'anything but kids' would have been smarter in the long run i would suspect.

#404 ·

I've become seriously worried that the feud is over. The post about how he asked ambrose not to tweet about his kids really is the major point.

Or ambrose could be instigating the cane dewey promo version of mick foley and hoping to tear at his psyche until foley can't take it anymore and wants to destroy ambrose....

#408 ·

I really hope mick's just working us all and that this is all a part of the ambrose push. If it is all part of the ambrose push and all a storyline then well done mick....well done

I genuinely think it's a work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.