Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#537 ·
Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

Just get this on to T.V already WWE FFS!

Hopefully Ambrose shows up on Raw and viciously beats down Foley. They have already had a verbal confrontation, next move should be a physical confrontation.

#540 ·

Please, WWE, please.

You fucked up The Nexus. You fucked up with the Anonymous GM. You fucked up the Summer of Punk. You fucked up "The Conspiracy." You fucked up Zack Ryder. You fucked up so many things, so many times. From Vader to Diamond Dallas Page to The InVasion to more items over the years than can be comprehended.

Please, WWE. Don't fuck this one up.

#541 ·

Please, WWE, please.

You fucked up The Nexus. You fucked up with the Anonymous GM. You fucked up the Summer of Punk. You fucked up "The Conspiracy." You fucked up Zack Ryder. You fucked up so many things, so many times. From Vader to Diamond Dallas Page to The InVasion to more items over the years than can be comprehended.

Please, WWE. Don't fuck this one up.
Co-signed.

#554 ·

If you haven't bought new pants by now, start saving up.

And oh how I wish I can hug DesoRow and pray WWE don't either. But we all know the ending of these stories...

#557 ·

Look, we hyped ourselves up for that waste of a time SD! Blast From The Past....
I'm REALLY trying not to hype myself up for this 3 hour RAW just to be disappointed. Haha.
*breathing*
Not even going to think of Ambrose showing up as an option.

And yes, he NEEDS to be on RAW. Definitely not SD......definitely not!

#558 ·

Too true, Winning, too true.

The last promo was fabulous. One thing I've been thinking about because of all of the recent Ambrose/Punk comparisons... Punk actually has a very smooth, clear, almost downright mellifluous voice if you close your eyes and listen to it. Ambrose is the opposite. Guttural, visceral, almost sounding like sandpaper being rubbed against a saw. With a little lisp that shows up from time to time. Fortunately, he has a character that fits that, but it is nevertheless interesting. I'd say the voice is going to hold him back just a little bit.

In any case, a feud with Foley out of the starting gate is about as ideal a way as I could ever think of to be "made."

I know there's a lot of talk in this thread and the other one more specifically about the latest promo of Ambrose potentially becoming the next megastar or if he's never going to be a megastar or whatever. But I say that neither we nor WWE should be thinking that way. What WWE needs right now is stars, period. After it has replenished itself from the earth's core-like deep losses of 2009-spring 2011 losses and imminent oncoming losses, it can concern itself with finding/creating/unleashing the new megastar(s) but for right now simply restocking has to take top priority. The sobering truth is there won't be any new megastars in all likelihood unless John Cena turns heel, for he takes up so much oxygen and priority and central focus as the top babyface without providing the fertile soil with which new, colossal stars can be created. He is like an empire in which everything goes out but nothing comes in (in this particular context, I mean... obviously he's great for Vince's bank account, but he could be even greater for same bank account, long-term, as their undisputed top heel).

In any event, Ambrose has loads of potential, let's not get ahead of ourselves one way or the other for now... And I honestly hope he doesn't debut until after Extreme Rules, as a debut of this caliber should come the night after a pay-per-view, which are always the nights which cry out for the refresh button to be hit, to one degree or another.

#559 ·

Too true, Winning, too true.

The last promo was fabulous. One thing I've been thinking about because of all of the recent Ambrose/Punk comparisons... Punk actually has a very smooth, clear, almost downright mellifluous voice if you close your eyes and listen to it. Ambrose is the opposite. Guttural, visceral, almost sounding like sandpaper being rubbed against a saw. With a little lisp that shows up from time to time. Fortunately, he has a character that fits that, but it is nevertheless interesting. I'd say the voice is going to hold him back just a little bit.

In any case, a feud with Foley out of the starting gate is about as ideal a way as I could ever think of to be "made."

I know there's a lot of talk in this thread and the other one more specifically about the latest promo of Ambrose potentially becoming the next megastar or if he's never going to be a megastar or whatever. But I say that neither we nor WWE should be thinking that way. What WWE needs right now is stars, period. After it has replenished itself from the earth's core-like deep losses of 2009-spring 2011 losses and imminent oncoming losses, it can concern itself with finding/creating/unleashing the new megastar(s) but for right now simply restocking has to take top priority. The sobering truth is there won't be any new megastars in all likelihood unless John Cena turns heel, for he takes up so much oxygen and priority and central focus as the top babyface without providing the fertile soil with which new, colossal stars can be created. He is like an empire in which everything goes out but nothing comes in (in this particular context, I mean... obviously he's great for Vince's bank account, but he could be even greater for same bank account, long-term, as their undisputed top heel).

In any event, Ambrose has loads of potential, let's not get ahead of ourselves one way or the other for now... And I honestly hope he doesn't debut until after Extreme Rules, as a debut of this caliber should come the night after a pay-per-view, which are always the nights which cry out for the refresh button to be hit, to one degree or another.
This X 1000!

#560 ·

If the draft is done right and the 'supershow' stops. Then SD could become alright and Ambrose might go there. Obviously we have many superstars to return.. most of them to return on the raw roster. AND we must keep in mind that there are a lot of good feuds on raw atm. Brock Lesnar just to name one

#561 ·

I'm not going to bother staying up for Raw tonight, so if by any chance Ambrose/Foley turn up or are mentioned, you guys need to do some extra extra marking out for me.

#563 ·

I'm not going to bother staying up for Raw tonight, so if by any chance Ambrose/Foley turn up or are mentioned, you guys need to do some extra extra marking out for me.
With it starting an hour early here in the UK, you not even going to stay up for the opening half hour or so? The half hour will probably still filled with the contract signing but Ambrose may be there you never know ;)

#566 ·

If you have to be up at 7, in all honesty, I'd just leave it then. It will be all over youtube tomorrow, in parts mind you. But if he doesn't debut and that is what you stayed up for then it would be a total sort of waste of three hours.

#568 ·

Haha, hey, don't forget Lord Tensai mumbling and jumbling whilst hit gut starts tumbling! Rumour has it, there will be signings for Raw tonight, much like how we saw the signings on Smackdown with Cesaro etc. so hopefully one of them is Dean Ambrose.

#570 · (Edited)

Haha, hey, don't forget Lord Tensai mumbling and jumbling whilst hit gut starts tumbling! Rumour has it, there will be signings for Raw tonight, much like how we saw the signings on Smackdown with Cesaro etc. so hopefully one of them is Dean Ambrose.
Well damn. Can I just say though, I'm loving all this "contract signing" stuff. Having Laurinaitis actively recruit/get involved with new guys is such a great alternative to 'show up on TV, have squash matches, sent down to NXT, released'.

When Dean "BY GOD" Ambrose shows up with a ticket to the show in the crowd while Mick is doing commentary (Because Lesnar F5'd Cole in the contract signing) and Mick sends security in panic as Dean tries to fight them off, yelling "I WON'T GO AWAY, MICK!! I'M NOT GOING AWAY!!! YOU RUINED ME, MICK!!! AHHHH!!!" You'll be Sooooooorryyyyyyyyy :D
*middle finger*

#578 ·

It's kind of funny how we're supposed to hate John Laurinaitis and love Teddy Long (who was often depicted as corrupt and venal and a dupe for a woman in her 20s making moves on him and willing to cave to pressure, working with evil figures like Vince McMahon to screw beloved superstars like The Undertaker, make injured workers wrestle, ensuring that their injuries would multiply, the list goes on and on), but Laurinaitis is actually being depicted as making substantial changes and actively working assiduously to bring new talents to the forefront. Hahaha.

#582 ·

It's kind of funny how we're supposed to hate John Laurinaitis and love Teddy Long (who was often depicted as corrupt and venal and a dupe for a woman in her 20s making moves on him and willing to cave to pressure, working with evil figures like Vince McMahon to screw beloved superstars like The Undertaker, make injured workers wrestle, ensuring that their injuries would multiply, the list goes on and on), but Laurinaitis is actually being depicted as making substantial changes and actively working assiduously to bring new talents to the forefront. Hahaha.
:lol How DARE John Laurinaitis bring in new talent and try to legitimize WWE? That bathturd! (/Lashley)

#585 ·

Haha. I see I made the right choice.

#586 · (Edited)

He wasn't ever going to show up on RAW anyway - and neither was Foley. Some people on here are delusional, thinking they're going to debut some nobody out of the blue, without introducing him first. Mind you, some are delusional about Ambrose, full stop.

#587 ·

He wasn't ever going to show up on RAW anyway - and neither was Foley. Some people on here are delusional, thinking they're going to debut some nobody out of the blue, without introducing him first.
I'm sick and tired of the fucking pseudo-experts on this site, who think they know everything about how to book a wrestling show - when in fact they're just smug marks without a clue.

Just because you can't recall an example where they've debuted a wrestler without giving him some sort of introduction (I assume you mean via vignette, or a backstage segment like Cesaro last week), doesn't mean it will never happen. Nor does it mean that it's a bad thing if it does. And for Christ sake, it's not even unprecedented in the last decade. Santino debuted by being randomly picked out of the crowd.

If everything followed such a neat and tidy pattern, they wouldn't even need writers. They'd just follow the same damn pattern for every storyline.

Contribute to the exchange of ideas on the site without being such a douche. You don't have any more inside knowledge than anyone else. Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.