Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #92 (permalink)
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart

Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000
Default Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolationRow View Post
It sort of seems that way at first blush but in my eyes, I think $250 for another night in the hotel and great (trust me) Raw tickets is well worth it. Remember, the hotel they book you into is a place that is most likely going to be costing around at least $180 a night at the time you're staying in it; throw floor-level or the very first 100s section arena seating on top of that, and the inherent comfort of getting to stay in the same hotel and not have to move to some other place that night, and it's all well worth it to me. I've been to three straight Wrestlemanias and their subsequent Raw telecasts, and I can say that Raw the next night is an experience unto itself. Just naming three individual closing segments from those Raws, I've seen Shawn Michaels give his farewell address, The Rock and John Cena challenge one another to the match a year out and Brock Lesnar returning to F5 Cena. Anyway, just some perspective from me on it. (I should note that I didn't go the package route for Wrestlemania XXVI, booked separately for everything but nevertheless...)

I agree. Regardless of what Jim Ross "understands" for next year, I'm hoping the Hall of Fame and Raw are both at Madison Square Garden next year. They truly ought to be. It is the Mecca of WWE. You're guaranteed an incredible crowd. And I personally would much rather stay in Manhattan somewhere rather than New Jersey. It would seem WWE would be setting itself up for scorn from its fans based on its ads for Wrestlemania being so New York City-centric should they have people stay in New Jersey with all of the events there. No offense to New Jersey but I'd love to experience NYC, the MOMA, Times Square, etceteras, etceteras. Also never been to Madison Square Garden and it would be kind of incongruous and mildly upsetting were they to hold all of these events right there with Madison Square Garden only a short drive away and not go into that wonderful and historic venue.
If I can get any 4-day package within $1550, I'll gladly take it. My flights are gonna cost me around $600 return. Also, anyone know how much a cab costs in NYC or Jersey? Assuming WWE doesn't provide a shuttle like this year to and from the stadiums and convention centers, I'll have to take a cab or public transit.

Definitely. The Hall of Fame JUST HAS TO BE in MSG. I can live with RAW being in the IZOD Center, but it would be incredulous to not have the prestigious Hall Of Fame in MSG.