Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #588 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus Cactus
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Low-Ki vs El Generico
EVOLVE 11: Callihan vs Finlay; (2012/04/13)

This was bloody fantastic. Low Ki's strong style background visually intimidated Generico. He flinched after Low-Ki attempted a strike and when Generico tried to return the favor, Low-Ki just stared at him like a motherfucker who then proceeds to beat the living crap out of Generico. Generico needs to find something to combat Low Ki's offense and he eventually does with his speed. This told a great story and ended at the right time, something a lot of EVOLVE matches struggle to do.

Rating: ****

Dave 'Fit' Finlay vs Sami Callihan
EVOLVE 11: Callihan vs Finlay; (2012/04/13)

Limbwork, stiff strikes and MANLINESS~! Both men bleed the hardway by headbutting each other. In a similar vein to their last match at EVOLVE, Finlay dishes out most of the beating. At the time, the spot where both men knock each other down with dueling kicks not once, not twice, but THREE times did annoy me, but when I look back on it now on how it made the closing minutes even more epic. The final counter was also fucking epic, but I'm not going to spoil that for you. As of now, this is my MOTY.

Rating: ****
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote