Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #5488 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

EVOLVE 11 - Finlay vs Callihan

Super Smash Brothers vs Jake Manning & Drew Gulak
Nice lengthy opener (for EVOLVE standards anyway) with a strong face/heel dynamic up until the hot tag. Things became alittle spotty after that, but the fans ate all of SSB's signature moves up nicely.

Josh Alexander vs MK McKinnan
McKinnan looked like any other indy kid; skinny? Check. Kickpads? You betcha. He sadly pocess the mannerisms of one too. He did a kick combo, enziguri, that stupid fucking Davey Richards spring-up kick to a wrestler on the top rope and almost botched in a Hayabusa-like manner. Alexander carried him to a sub-par match, it seems.

Mike Rollins vs Ashley Sixx
'Psycho' Mike is doing the old madman gimmick and it's one of the only highlights of the match. That and Rollin's great facial expressions after getting the taste slapped out of his mouth.

Alex Reynolds vs John Silver
Lasting just over 12 minutes, I felt like they gave them too much time for two unknowns, but the live crowd seemed to enjoy it.

Elimination Match
Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Gargano vs Samuray del Sol

Samuray was a spot monkey, but a good one atleast. Up to his elimination, the match was all highspots. When he was eliminated the focus was shifted to Taylor working on Gargano's back. The only problem is that during Gargano's comeback, he does plenty of spots that contradicted all the damage on his back and it all made no sense at all.

Caleb Konley vs Adam Page
Just something to cool us off for the main events.

Low-Ki vs El Generico
This was bloody fantastic. Low Ki's strong style background visually intimidated Generico. He flinched after Low-Ki attempted a strike and when Generico tried to return the favor, Low-Ki just stared at him like a motherfucker who then proceeds to beat the living crap out of Generico. Generico needs to find something to combat Low Ki's offense and he eventually does with his speed. This told a great story and ended at the right time, something a lot of EVOLVE matches struggle to do.

Dave 'Fit' Finlay vs Sami Callihan
Limbwork, stiff strikes and MANLINESS~! Both men bleed the hardway by headbutting each other. In a similar vein to their last match at EVOLVE, Finlay dishes out most of the beating. At the time, the spot where both men knock each other down with dueling kicks not once, not twice, but THREE times did annoy me, but when I look back on it now on how it made the closing minutes even more epic. The final counter was also fucking epic, but I'm not going to spoil that for you. As of now, this is my MOTY.

Overall:
A two match show. Everything bar the two main events are skippable, but still enjoyable. The undercard feature plenty of unknowns but they keep all their matches relatively short.

Last edited by Cactus : 04-14-2012 at 04:19 AM.