Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #5487 (permalink)
The Corre
#EMMAlution

The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre The Corre
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

IWA Mid-South June 11, 2005 "Something To Prove" - Philadelphia, PA

This was the first show in the CZW/IWA-MS doubleheader on June 11th 2005. It features the infamous Joe vs Necro match. It's crazy how Necro was able to do a second show on this day for CZW's Violent By Design (a Falls Count Anywhere match w/ Toby Klein vs H8 Club)

I'd call this, top to bottom, one the best indy shows of 2005. It has literally every type of wrestling. Strong hard hitting style with Necro Butcher and Samoa Joe (and you'd be hard pressed to find ANY stiffer match that isn't an MMA fight), hardcore with the Bad Breed 6 man tag and the tables gauntlet.
When CM Punk vs. Homicide is match TWO, you know the card is stacked. Pretty much every match on this card could main event any show in the country at this time.
CZW did a show in 2006 called "An Afternoon of Main Events" but this was a true Afternoon of Main Events. for anyone who trashes IWA-MS as never being good, I point to this show with "I disagree strongly sir"

1. IWA Mid-South Documentary
A short documentary showing a couple of IWA wrestlers (Punk, Jacobs, Rotten and more) talking about what IWA is, and why they wrestle there. The same documentary is also on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gndsX7mUA)

2. Delirious vs. Josh Abercrombie
Dave Prazak says a little later in the show Delirious broke his nose in this match.

3. CM Punk vs. Homicide
**1/4
I think this is one of Punk's last IWA-MS appearences. Ian Rotten comes out after the match and says they'll see him next month or next week (for his last match I think). Ian Rotten thanks Punk for all he's done for IWA.

4. MsChif vs. Allison Danger vs. Mickie Knuckles

5. Tracy Smothers vs. Claudio Castagnoli with Jade Chung
**1/2
Tracy Smothers is awesome.

6. Tables Match - Eric Priest & Chad Austin vs. Davey Andrews & Shane Hagadorn vs. Eddie Kingston & BJ Whitmer vs. Ryan Boz & Trik Davis vs. B-Boy & Brandon Thomaselli vs. Sal & Vito Thomaselli
***1/4

7. Bad Breed (Ian & Axl Rotten) & Nate Webb vs. Toby Klein, Mad Man Pondo & JC Bailey
**3/4
Short shoot promo before the match. Apparently Balls Mahoney was scheduled to team up with Bad Breed. Ian says "because Vince McMahon gave him a 1-night only contract, his head got so big he wanted 3 times the money he agreed on." Axl Rotten: "My ass is on the PPV and I'm right here in IW-fucking-A.". So they bring out Nate Webb who gets a big pop, he dances around the crowd and he even gets Axl & Ian to dance in the ring.

8. Gauntlet Match featuring Arik Cannon, Danny Daniels, Chris Hero & Jimmy Jacobs

9. Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher
****1/4
Sick and brutal match. The suplex of the ring apron to the floor legit made me cringe. Awesome, awesome match and definitely recommended if you haven't seen it already.

The dvd also has 2 bonus match but I haven't watched those yet, only quickly skimmed through them to see the venue etc..:
10. Bonus Match 8/1/03 - Necro Butcher vs. Toby Klein
11. Bonus Match 5/4/02 - Ian Rotten vs. Chris Hero (I watched Ian's post match comments and he once again says Chris Hero will become one of the biggest in this business, let's hope that comes true now that he's in FCW).