Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??
View Single Post
post #84 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 PM
frankwhite1967
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
My guess is the WWE is just capitalizing on the "NY" name. After all, the New York Jets and the New York Giants both play homes games in East Rutherford, New Jersey at MetLife Stadium. So again, if you're counting on any of the events being held in NY I think you're going to be higly dissapointed. As far as I know, New Jersey "bought" Mania next year. It was not a joint effort with NY. Also on the topic of events being held at MSG. MSG is typically very busy during the month of April. You have a possibility of games from the New York Rangers, New York Knicks, as well as multiple concerts. I'm not saying it's entirely possible to find a free day in there, but I think it's unlikely for HOF. My belief is that Met Life Stadium and the Izod Center will be the main focal points of the week's events.
Thats why you book now. The NBA/NHL dont release their schedules until the summer and concerts are booked a couple of months in advance so most April concerts wont be booked until October. WWE and MSG have a long standing relationship so for them to come over here and hold huge events at the IZOD center when your MECCA is 6 miles away is foolish.[/QUOTE]

It's not only about being close to NYC and MSG. Logistically they are very close and could easily have events in NYC if they wanted to. There is no disagreement with that. This is strictly about business. If you understand the process of what it takes for a city to "get" WrestleMania you would see that it is highly unlikely that there will be any major revenue producing WrestleMania events outside of New Jersey. It would be akin Georgia holding one of the events of this year's Mania. Granted Miami isn't really close to any area of Georgia but it's the theory behind it. When cities bid for big events: Super Bowl, Olympics, etc. they aren't going to share it with a neighboring area. It's just not how it works.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome