Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #1092 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I think Cena's comebacks have progressively gotten less dramatic the longer he's stayed on top, that I can certainly agree with. Still seeing some of the beatings he takes against the likes of Umaga, JBL, Lashley, Orton, Show, hell even the decent Khali match from ONS: his charisma draws me into his beating and like I said the crowd heat for/against him only adds to the match and makes it less painful to sit through than the same workover being done to dead silence. That's not meant to read as a poor crowd=bad match, just that in Cena's case the crowd constantly being animated always helps the match tick along for me rather than meandering to the finish, though this has slowly decreased since say 2008 compared to what we have today.

As for a final point on Punk/Henry, I enjoyed the selling because it added to Punk's ordeal. Like facing Henry 100% is bad enough but seeing him time after time try to mount a comeback only to get swatted away and then get his back further torn to shreads felt like when he finally DID put the big man down it felt like a huge moment because he'd been looking for that bit of offence the entire match. If he isn't hurt going in and doesn't get further worked over like he did I doubt I'd have bought that spot as well as I did, and the crowd losing their shit for it as well only added to my enjoyment for the buildup to it.