Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #126 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

Spoiler for Latest News:
~As previously noted, AOW is feeling a great deal of pressure to live up to expectations and are thus being pushed into the heavy hotshot oven. Thus, the decision in pushing Bryan Danielson’s title match against both Jamie Noble and Aero Star this coming Oblivion is the latest such-fueled decision. The match was reportedly not going to happen until at least the “Very Merry War” Supershow slated to take place in December.

~On that note, the return of Finlay that was seen last week was also a result of possible hotshot-induced planning. Finlay’s return was planned to be sometime before the Supershow, but was pushed up in the very cluttered ending to the Van Dam/Jericho title match

~In development news, OVW and AOW staff are said to be very high on Kofi Kingston, Tyler Black, and Mike Kruel. AOW sees Kruel in possibly a manager type role, while Kingston and Black could eventually contribute to the mid-card division sometime next year.

~Also in developmental news, AOW has confirmed to have signed OVW standouts Aron “Idol” Stevens and Jay Bradley to development deals, putting them on the list of development talents to look forward to. AOW has also apparently been in contact with Adam Birch, known to most of the wrestling world as Joey Mercury.

~In continuing OVW and developmental news, AOW appears to be potentially planting the seeds for the possibility of featuring women’s wrestling on the program. While the idea is still possibly far off, both Lance Storm and Elix Skipper are said to be very impressed by the likes of Shantelle Taylor, Natalya Neidhart, and Krissy Vaine, among others, from their OVW exploits, none of which are signed to AOW development contracts. Head of Talent Relations Manager Dean Malenko has also been not just been noting unseen and unknown independent circuit male talent, but also several members of the SHIMMER Women’s Athletes roster.

…and a few bits of website goodies to boot…

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohdubya.com

HEYMAN TO ADDRESS ROB VAN DAM’S (POTENTIAL) SITUATION

Due to the chaotic nature that resulted in the main event last week, AOW Owner and Chairman Paul Heyman will address the situation this Wednesday on Oblivion and if, in fact, Rob Van Dam suffers the full-fledged consequences that came with his loss to Chris Jericho last week. Many have been concerned that due to the number of shenanigans surrounding the outcome, among them the incapacitation of Special Referee Mick Foley, may have an effect on whether the stipulation of that match that the loser can challenge for no titles is further upheld.

BRYAN DANIELSON TO DEFEND TITLE DESPITE INJURY

It was revealed to us last week that this week on Oblivion, AOW Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson would defend his title in a Triple Threat match also featuring fierce rivals Jamie Noble and the international sensation Aero Star. When we found out about the match from the lips of Noble and Danielson themselves, a brawl started backstage, all three participants getting in on it. When it was quieted, it was seen that an area above and around Danielson’s left eye was damaged due to being struck with a pipe, as well as landing it on the concrete floor.

AOW doctors have said that Danielson has suffered fractures in his left orbital bone and a nearly broken supraorbital ridge, the area which the eyebrows are situated. Despite medical concern, Danielson has maintained that he will defend his title on the next edition of Oblivion.

---

~AOHDUBYA.COM EXCLUSIVES~

On this round of .com exclusives, we have CM Punk and Muhammad Hassan exchange challenges, the Samoan Fight Club reminding us what they’re here for, and The Miz desperately tries to get some post-Oblivion answers from Dave Finlay.

Spoiler for Miz confronts Finlay:
We’re brought to the backstage area from what looks to be Oblivion last week, The Miz seen waving for the cameraman to follow him. He’s lurking around and searching for someone until he finally sees him in a hallway, rushing after him in the man who just struck both Jericho and Van Dam with his shillelagh, Finlay. Miz is careful not to touch the Fighting Irishman, getting close, but simultaneously keeping his distance

The Miz:
Finlay!

~Finlay turns around, only to stare at Miz with great indifference

The Miz:
Finlay…you’ve just returned in a huge way interfering in the AOW Championship match tonight. Can you tell us why you’re here?

Finlay:
No.

The Miz:
Uh…okay, well what if we told you that you possibly just cost Rob Van Dam a shot at ever challenging for any title ever again? Would you have anything to say about that?

Finlay:
No.

The Miz:
Well…are you the newest member of the Worthy Legion?

Finlay:
No.

~Miz’s microphone droops in his hands at his lack of any other response

Finlay:
What? Am I boring you?

The Miz:
Well, no, Finlay, sir, but you’re not giving me much to work with here –

Finlay:
Then stop asking me questions.

The Miz:
Finlay, please, just one more –

~Miz is stopped dead in his tracks when Finlay raises the shillelagh to him, causing Miz to cower and even causes the cameraman to drop the camera. Miz hauls ass and the cameraman appears to have done the same, as all we get until the black screen is the image of Finlay’s boots before we see more and more of Finlay as he continues to walk down the hallway out of the arena…

Spoiler for CM Punk goes for the cheese:
We’re brought to a scene backstage now, which like the last segment, appears to be taking place sometime in the last Oblivion, as Punk is sweaty, weathered, and in wrestling tights. He marches with purpose for a moment, the briefcase full of 50 grand swinging in his hand before he speaks to the camera that’s following in front of him

CM Punk:
I just got done with what I think is my best match so far in AOW with Shelton Benjamin.

~Punk doesn’t stop walking, keeping on going, the cameraman having to follow him

CM Punk
:
But, I did come out the winner. I did pin him ‘one, two, three’.

~Punk does the ‘one two three’ by banging on the briefcase

CM Punk
:
And so I get to keep this that Muhammad Hassan so desperately wants.

~Punk now holds up the briefcase at eye level

CM Punk
:
I get to keep a millionaire running back to a street rat.

~Punk laughs at the thought, giving us a nice smile while rubbing his chin

CM Punk
:
But it doesn’t matter how many times I keep this thing, none of these wins seem to get me any closer to getting a Dynasty Championship match because Hassan just can’t admit to himself that I’m in control. My wheels are spinnin’ a bit here
~Punk says this somewhat sarcastically, rubbing his chin again as he continues walking

CM Punk
:
But see, I just got word that there’s gonna be a Lucky 13 Battle next week. The winner of that match gets to become the #1 Contender to the AOW Heavyweight Championship. And y’know somethin’, Hassan? I’m gonna be in it. And I’m gonna win it. If you won’t give me what I’ve earned in a Dynasty Championship shot, I’ll just have to keep on movin’ up the ladder.

~Punk keeps his determined march going, making a motion with his hands in a ‘climbing the ladder’ motion

CM Punk
:
So you wanna call me a street rat or a door mouse, whatever analogy you wanna throw at me next for not ever having money, you keep right on doing that Hassan. You keep demeaning me and denying me what I deserve. I’ll just look for bigger fish to fry.

~Punk seems to have reached his destination in a locker room door, but he doesn’t go in. He puts a hand on the door and stops before opening it, staring dead into the camera now

CM Punk
:
So you keep lookin’ to keep me in the sewers, Muhammad. ‘cause this mouse is just gonna gun for the cheese.

~Punk gives us a smartass grin, knowing that was a lame joke, but doesn’t seem to care much as he keeps the trollface until he opens the locker room door, walks in, and closes it behind him

Spoiler for Hassan moves said cheese:
We open to just the image of AOW Dynasty Champion Muhammad Hassan against a white backdrop. He looks as bitter and unsatisfied as always.

Hassan:
CM Punk. A ragged, everyman wrestler. In control?

~Hassan shakes his head

Hassan
:
Let me keep this short and simple for you, Punk. You and the rest of these people in this prejudiced, self-centered American society can and never will be ‘in control’. You just think you are because you think the world revolves around you and your problems.

~Hassan’s nearly kissing the camera he’s so close to it

Hassan
:
News flash for you and the rest of America, Punk – it’s not always about you. You are one of thirteen men that are going to be in that match. One. Of thirteen. You bloat your sense of self-importance. But me? I’ll have three times your odds.

~The camera pans out to reveal that The Mercenaries, Paul Burchill and Brent Albright, have stepped beside Hassan in the scene

Hassan
:
So yes, Punk. I will be in that match, too. Along with The Mercenaries. And I will admit that it would be nice to win that match, challenge Chris Jericho, and go on to possibly become AOW’s first ever unified champion…I think I might get a bigger kick out of just making sure you don’t win.

~Burchill and Albright nod their heads in accordance

Hassan
:
So to use your own terrible joke, Punk, go ahead and call yourself a cheese-seeking mouse. I believe I’ve just set you a mousetrap.

~Hassan doesn’t even smirk at the joke, but Albright does before looking over at Burchill, who remains stonefaced, causing Burchill’s apprentice to wipe the smile off his face and return to being stoic. The three stare at us intensely as the video fades away…

Spoiler for The Samoan Fight Club refreshes our memories:
Appearing on our screens is the intense duo of Siaki and Manu, the Samoan Fight Club. Both are in sleeveless black tees, their MMA gloves seem to be on, both men wearing jungle green bandanas. Siaki’s arms are crossed, while Manu’s are at his side, staring at us intensely

Siaki:
First off, lemme remind some of you just exactly who we are. We’re the Samoan Fight Club. And we like to rip open anyone and everyone that we can get our hands on
~Siaki stops to unfolds his arms

Siaki
:
See, we don’t care much for rules, regulations, or even a whole lot of reasonin’. We just like to do. We do what we want, whenever we want, to whoever the HELL we want. That said, we only have one rule in Samoan Fight Club. And that’s ALWAYS talk about Samoan Fight Club.

~Siaki points back and forth between he and Manu on that line

Siaki
:
Always talk about our explosive debut in AOW. Always talk about us breakin’ Psicosis’ ribs last week. And always talk about us beatin’ the livin’ snot out of the Sons of the Dungeon last week, too.

~Siaki’s hands to the talking here, as he counts each one of those ‘talks’ on his fingers

Siaki
:
See, I really like that last one. We made the Sons’ life a living hell, if I’m not mistaken. We did beat’em down at World Ablaze, didn’t we, Manu?

~Manu gets a gleefully terrifying smile on his face as he nods his head, his long, wet, curly locks whipping back and forth

Siaki
:
An’ then we beat’em down the next night to finish the job, didn’t we Manu?

~Again, Manu’s face keeps the psychopathic grin and nods once more

Siaki
:
Well ain’t that somethin’. And you wanna know why we did it, guys? Because we could. Because now the entire tag team division, no, all of AOW knows just who not to cross. Because we need you two out of the picture to move on to bigger and better things…like the AOW Tag Team Championships.

~As Siaki rubs his hands together, Manu licks his lips as if the titles sound like a tasty meal

Siaki
:
But we’re not stupid, neither. We might be a bit wet behind the ears, but we’re not dumb. We know you’re watchin’ this, Smith and Wilson. We know you’re gonna be wantin’ to come back at us. You guys are competitors, you’re fighters. All we have to say is bring it. We’ll do it all over again. Because the Samoan Fight Club has one favorite hobby that we love doin’. And we do it well.

Manu:
WE DESTROY!!

Siaki:
Now talk about THAT.

~Siaki lets out a smirk, as Manu’s intense stare also twists into an evil smirk as we black out from the faces of two monsters in the making…

.:Confirmed for Next Oblivion:.

Paul Heyman addresses the chaos

~AOW Cruiserweight Championship~
Bryan Danielson(c) v. Aero Star v. Jamie Noble

~Lucky 13 Battle for the #1 Contendership for the AOW Heavyweight Championship~

As noted before, thread things going a bit slow, but I'm trying. cp, I have a good bit of your GAB review done, many apologies on that being so late. Guess I shouldn't apologize with Melvis making us all wait all the time But there's a good bit to tide you guys over until the next show, and this is probably gonna be the closest thing to a preview you're gonna get. It'll just be up with no formal preview. 'til then, hope all stay well

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.

Last edited by 619IDH : 04-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote