Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #1016 (permalink)
samizayn
checking the male

samizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth readingsamizayn has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ngOfK1ngs View Post
Alright, new topic ; **** 3/4 matches, what keeps them from being *****?

I'm thinking even the slightest little thing can deduct a quarter of a star. For instance, let's look at WM XXVII: Undertaker vs Triple H. If HHH fades out instead of tapping at the matches end, I see it as a ***** encounter. Why does that make such a difference ? I believe that if Trips had to pass out, it would have went more with the story of "End The Streak Or Die Trying" , rather than him actually giving up.

Any other notable matches that have a minor flaw that keeps it from being ***** ?
Hm, I have no idea. One thing I noticed is you have Batista/Trips HiaC at ****3/4, while I have it at five. Maybe the fact that it doesn't truly pick up until the second half or so? Still, I think you're nuts for that one

For me, Benoit/Angle is a perfect match... and that's theproblem. It being so perfectly choreographed means it kinda lacks soul.