Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #972 (permalink)
sharkboy22
GET MY BAGS

sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22 sharkboy22
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Damn, that European tour worked wonders for Chris Masters. I just saw the match he had with Drew McIntyre on Superstars 5/12/11 and both men did a great job of putting on a really good match. Really loved the limb work and the way Masters sold it. Masters is a damn good seller alright. The way he sold that punch looked like it legit knocked him out cold. I also like how when Masters did the Soamoan drop instead of getting up one time (as so much guys on the indies do nowadays) he lies down on the floor, selling the leg and gets up really slowly once again SELLING the leg. This was a really a good match and is IMO the way how wrestling matches should be done. Simple but effective moves. Less is more. All the leg work McIntyre did, it was simple leg locks. He didn't use no fancy pretzel like move because it wasn't needed. When he did the figure four around the post it meant so much. I also liked the babyface comeback. I like when they are done in bits. Masters would mount an offense but McIntyre would just attack the leg or the offense mounted put so much strain on Masters' leg that he had to rest for a while. That is what I want in a wrestling match. Take me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. By just exchanging holds or chain wrestling for chain wrestling sake you're not doing that. By randomly putting a guy into some bend up fuck him up submission, it's not doing that. This match also had moments where you thought it was gonna end but it didn't. It was very, very unpredictable and it could have gone either way. They didn't need to kick out of 100 finishers to do it. They just incorporated good storytelling. This is a really good match and now I suddenly wanna see more of Masters in WWE

***3/4