Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #541 (permalink)
Bubz
Can't stop eating peanuts

Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniomare007 View Post
The 2 things that really sold me on that match were that spot and Daisuke doing a flying elbow to the neck instead of his usual frog splash. It gave the idea that Sekimoto wasn't doing his "formula" match and that he actually had a game plan. It's one of the few times were he actually showed he could work as the "Ace" and it worked perfectly as Sasaki is such a great underdog and he kinda has lived under Daisuke's "shadow" for a long time.

I liked Okada/Naito a lot but there's nothing I saw from that match (or Elgin/Davey, or any other bout I've seen this year so far) that comes close to what Daisuke, Yoshihito and Korakuen Hall did in the Strong Climb Final. I guess the fact I've been following Big Japan for years now and that I'm a massive mark for both guys made the match feel so important to me. I truly felt I was watching something special.
Yeah, the flying elbow to Sasaki's neck was awesome, even all of Sekimoto's forearms were directed straight at the neck. Definitely an awesome match but I'm not completely sold on Sasaki yet and thought his selling could have been better which is my only real complaint. But IMO, Sekimoto's performance in this is easily the best individual performance of the year by far, and it's gonna' take something incredible to top it.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote