Wrestling Forum banner

WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

326K views 3K replies 375 participants last post by  Jendo 
#1 · (Edited)
WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Planning and excitement thread for atendees! 7 days away!

Alright everyone -

The day after WM27 last year, we started this thread in reference to the just-passed WM28. So, let's do it all again and start our road to WM29 right now! Money allowing, I'd freaking love to head to NYC next year. Who's going?!?!

#35 ·
Definitely going for 29. Looks like they're going to build a supercard of some sorts with Lesnar returning, and Rock still being there. It's going to be awesome.

First WrestleMania live too. NYC should be spectacular, and seeing as I'm from Canada already, the weather there should be no problem if it IS cold at that point. I mean, where I live, it just snowed for gods sake!

I do have one question though, what package is better? Gold or Silver 4-day? Heard mixed reviews about both. Platinum is a bit too pricey, plus I want to keep a bit cheap for me so I can be able to get stuff there as well.

#38 ·
From Brooklyn so Im absolutely going. Went to Wrestlemania X when I was 7. Its the night that totally made me a fan.

Anyway, my guesses on where events will be:

Axxes- Jacob Javits Center on 34th and 11th ave in NYC
Raw: Izod Center across the lot from Metlife
Smackdown: Prudential Center in Newark
ROH will def do a show or 2 at Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan.

Any questions about NYC, I will be more than happy to help with.
R

#41 ·
There was two of us went on the 3 day Gold package from England. The package was about £750 each, flights were £495 and then we stayed an extra 2 nights so the hotel for thursday and monday night was about £130 each night. We could have done the 4 night package for an extra couple of hundred dollars but at the time of booking we didnt have the money for it. We then spent about $900 over there

Its not a cheap do, i would like to think that the packages will probably be somewhere between the prices for 27 and 28, i think the prices for Miami were raised as its obviously an expensive place to visit and everything costs that bit more. This year we are also hoping to get 4 people in our package to cut the costs even more. I have done both Silver and Gold and i think for the extra gold is definately worth it, our seats for Mania were incredible

#42 ·
Re: When do Wrestlemania 29 tickets go on sale?

Will certainly be going to Wrestlemania 29 and hopefully do the whole weekend with axxess, hof and monday night raw. saving hard and might end up going on my own since all my friends have lost interest in wrestling years ago :-(

#44 ·

^ Same here!! Haha. Though could probably convince the brother to join me.

#45 ·

^ Same here!! Haha. Though could probably convince the brother to join me.
My brother would probably love to go thinking about it, but he would definately bottle it last minute and let me down so i'm not going to even ask!

#46 ·
Bare in mind aswell that whilst Miami is more expensive, theres so much more to do in NYC you will probably find yourself spending more on activities than elsewhere

#50 ·
Any people who bought Silver or Gold 4 day package, you guys mind telling me how you're seats were positioned? Just wondering. Stuck between Gold and Silver for next year.

First Mania live next year, so wanna make sure I get a good view :D

#52 ·
This thread already eh? (Can you tell I'm Canadian?)

Well I guess let's let the anticipation begin. I went this year to Miami as my first time traveling to a city and purchasing the package and had the absolute time of my life. Like you hhh4scu, I've got the itch to again and I'm pretty damn sure it's going to happen. I live in Toronto so it's a drivable distance this time which = a lot cheaper. Went with silver last time around and might go with gold or even platinum for WM29. I can't believe we're already waiting for it.

Let's go CENA vs TAKER - or - PUNK vs AUSTIN - or BROCK vs ROCK. Any of those would make it worthwhile for me.

#wwemark

#54 ·
Realistically there isnt a great deal of difference in the prices, i think the main thing with getting the packages though is the security of having it all sorted. The hotel, once announced, may decide to increase the price abit when booking seperately. If you want to do 2 Axxess sessions and HOF, then the package is definately the way forward

#56 · (Edited)
I've been to four WMs on the package and wanted to go the book everything separate route this year but I couldn't bring myself to waiting for every ticket to come out. The thought of missing out on great seats is kind of nerve racking too. I've never received a bad seat with the packages and I couldn't have asked for a better seat this year with the platinum package. Next time I go I will see about booking everything separately.

#55 ·
I'm trying to buy a package as soon as they're out. Me and two other members of my family want to go, so it looks more and more realistic that I'll be attending WrestleMania 29 live next year. :D

#91 · (Edited)
It sort of seems that way at first blush but in my eyes, I think $250 for another night in the hotel and great (trust me) Raw tickets is well worth it. Remember, the hotel they book you into is a place that is most likely going to be costing around at least $180 a night at the time you're staying in it; throw floor-level or the very first 100s section arena seating on top of that, and the inherent comfort of getting to stay in the same hotel and not have to move to some other place that night, and it's all well worth it to me. I've been to three straight Wrestlemanias and their subsequent Raw telecasts, and I can say that Raw the next night is an experience unto itself. Just naming three individual closing segments from those Raws, I've seen Shawn Michaels give his farewell address, The Rock and John Cena challenge one another to the match a year out and Brock Lesnar returning to F5 Cena. Anyway, just some perspective from me on it. (I should note that I didn't go the package route for Wrestlemania XXVI, booked separately for everything but nevertheless...)

I'm really on the fence with this one. As much as I loved going to Miami (I live in South Carolina), I just went for the experience + it was closer than previous Mania's. Being there live is awesome, but I don't think I'll miss out on too much if I order the PPV next year. And with it being outside again, I'd be cautious of whatever truss they have on the corners of the ring to hang up lighting. The damn palm trees from this year's completely fucked with people's view. I was in the 100 level seating (which aren't bad seats by any means), but I got a corner section (122) and was stuck staring at the fucking palm tree all night. I was looking at the jumbo tron all night thinking "you know, I could have had a much better view of this at home for a $9 stream" lmao.
That sucks. I'll always remember my experiencing buying tickets for Wrestlemania XXVI on Ticketmaster the morning they went on sale. I first nearly purchased tickets for the very corner section of the 200s, 222. I wanted to get just a tad closer to the ring, though, so I tried again and I landed on 220. I took them. At the event, months later, I was so happy that I had done this. If I had gone with 222, I would have been looking straight at the support truss for their anti-rain structure throughout the whole show. I would not have been pleased with that at all.

RAW and The Hall Of Fame just HAVE to be in MSG. It'd be insulting if they didn't while having a Mania in that area. Moreover, I'll be there for next year, and it's honestly been one of my dreams to watch a show at Madison Square Garden live.

Can you imagine the Hall Of Fame being there? The HOF is emotional each an every year but being at MSG will be a whole different other level.
I agree. Regardless of what Jim Ross "understands" for next year, I'm hoping the Hall of Fame and Raw are both at Madison Square Garden next year. They truly ought to be. It is the Mecca of WWE. You're guaranteed an incredible crowd. And I personally would much rather stay in Manhattan somewhere rather than New Jersey. It would seem WWE would be setting itself up for scorn from its fans based on its ads for Wrestlemania being so New York City-centric should they have people stay in New Jersey with all of the events there. No offense to New Jersey but I'd love to experience NYC, the MOMA, Times Square, etceteras, etceteras. Also never been to Madison Square Garden and it would be kind of incongruous and mildly upsetting were they to hold all of these events right there with Madison Square Garden only a short drive away and not go into that wonderful and historic venue.

#58 ·
psx71 - you would be best doing 3 day gold for that extra $250. We did 3 night gold this year and then booked the monday seperately, our Raw tickets were, although high up, only $23 and the hotel was about $140. If you are spending the extra spend it on the Gold, the seats are worth it

#62 ·
I got to Metlife 10 times a year (Jets Season Ticket Holder)and I know a ton of seats there are going to be a disaster for Wrestlemania especially considering the fact they will have a canopy structure similar to this year. Assuming they put the ring around the 40/50 yard line, my seats in 143 (theyre parallel to the goal line) would probably be a disaster.

My question is, whats the best way for a local to buy tickets to Wrestlemania and get good seats? What the minimum package like if I exclude travel? Do I have to purchase Axxes and Raw tickets as well? Im totally confused and total virgin to all Wrestlemania planning.

#63 · (Edited)
My question is, whats the best way for a local to buy tickets to Wrestlemania and get good seats? What the minimum package like if I exclude travel? Do I have to purchase Axxes and Raw tickets as well? Im totally confused and total virgin to all Wrestlemania planning.
Ticketmaster or the box office at MetLife would be your best bet. Scalpers are extremely higher than what WWE is asking for most of the time.

As for packages, the minimum package would be the 3-night Silver package which includes hotel, HOF ticket, 2 general admission Axxess tickets (2 sessions of your choosing), bus ride to stadium, and WM ticket in the 100 level. I think that was $1200 this year. If you want Raw tickets included in the package you have to get the 4-night hotel stay.

I don't know if the package prices will remain the same or change for WM29.

#64 ·
I'm really on the fence with this one. As much as I loved going to Miami (I live in South Carolina), I just went for the experience + it was closer than previous Mania's. Being there live is awesome, but I don't think I'll miss out on too much if I order the PPV next year. And with it being outside again, I'd be cautious of whatever truss they have on the corners of the ring to hang up lighting. The damn palm trees from this year's completely fucked with people's view. I was in the 100 level seating (which aren't bad seats by any means), but I got a corner section (122) and was stuck staring at the fucking palm tree all night. I was looking at the jumbo tron all night thinking "you know, I could have had a much better view of this at home for a $9 stream" lmao.

Besides all that, money wise, I don't think I can pay for two Mania's in the same year. With tix going on sale in about 5-6 months and other "life" situations on my plate I need to take care of like bills & moving, I doubt I'll be getting a package or any kind of tickets. I spent nearly $1000 on 28, which isn't bad, but I need a breather. Miami was more interesting from a tourist POV to me than NY/NJ. If 30 is in the UK, a place I've always wanted to visit, then I might be game lol. I doubt it will, but I've got to be interested in the host city as much as the event. It's my damn vacation, afterall lol.

I'm most likely going to hold a party at my place for Mania. Charge a cover + food fee, pay for the PPV, and make some extra cash in the process lol.

#65 ·
Besides all that, money wise, I don't think I can pay for two Mania's in the same year. With tix going on sale in about 5-6 months and other "life" situations on my plate I need to take care of like bills & moving, I doubt I'll be getting a package or any kind of tickets. I spent nearly $1000 on 28, which isn't bad, but I need a breather. Miami was more interesting from a tourist POV to me than NY/NJ. If 30 is in the UK, a place I've always wanted to visit, then I might be game lol. I doubt it will, but I've got to be interested in the host city as much as the event. It's my damn vacation, afterall lol.

I'm most likely going to hold a party at my place for Mania. Charge a cover + food fee, pay for the PPV, and make some extra cash in the process lol.

Having lived here for my 25 years of life i am telling you now, it is a dump, i wouldnt get too excited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.