Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread
View Single Post
post #502 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER's Avatar

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Exactly, I mean I can appreciate why ROH fans are bringing up the match getting *****. Meltzer isn't renowned for handing them out especially in US Wrestling and I'm sure this would make only the second ROH match after Joe/Kobashi to get the full 5? Or it was that DG 6 Man from Supercard of Honor that got the full 5 from Meltzer which wouldn't surprise me as its right in line with what he considers 'a great match'.

I just don't see why people try to argue about his rating meaning anything more than what it is. Its obviously good for ROH that their company put on a match that wowed one of the leading external figures in Wrestling, and as a result can join an elite club of matches that the renowned Meltzer considers to be perfect. However in context its only his opinion at the end of the day and doesn't mean much else, its not a set in stone ***** match because its impossible in such a subjective context to get a match that everyone can agree is the perfect match.

Some people love stiff wrestling while others are turned off by it, some seek inspiration from the sequences whereas others look for the character work and storytelling beyond the spots when assessing a match quality etc etc.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome