Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #819 (permalink)
Moyes' Hot Cross Buns
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Dreams are a side of the moon. Thoust eyes capture me with a swoon. You've cast such a spell on this hard covered shell. Just please leave my house before noon.
Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Wrestlemania 26 is an excellent match, the Cena series is awesome, SS v Orton is 2007 is very good/borderline great, v Benjamin is a great Raw Match, both Raw matches v Benoit and HHH are excellent as Razor King said....and that's about it for Shawn.

He brings the match down at Wrestlemania 19, Jericho puts in perhaps his career performance (about tied with the HHH LMS match) and yet its probably not even a top 5 Jericho career match because of how Michaels' comeback renders the prior back work which shaped not only Jericho's entire strategy but also the overwhelming story of the match and of his return absolutely useless. Seriously the HBK kickup spot usually annoys me a lot in key situations, and this is about as good as evidence of how it can take me out of a match as I can recall.

I've said my piece about Summerslam 2002, I think they tried to do much and the match feels disjointed in how Michaels goes from underdog to psychpath trying to kill HHH. Felt they either needed to do a bloody brawl or just focus on HHH being a dick and centre the story around whether Michaels still had it, by combining both elements I think it really brought the match down. Its by no means bad, but there's a much better match in them (which funnily enough they achieved in 2003 on Raw).

Wrestlemania 21 is much the same, parts of it are excellent yet there's also far too many faults such as the finisher overkill, Angle's set ups for the Ankle lock and transitions which don't feel built up to, the overkill with the Ankle lock etc etc. Crowd is hot and it does feel like a very big match, still its closer to Kobashi/Misawa 2003 instead of Kobashi/Misawa 1997. Puro watchers will probably understand that reference.