Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #98 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB 101 - 250GCB 101 - 250
Default Re: GCB's WWE

Monday January 17th, 2011 | Rupp Arena, Lexington, Kentucky

RAW begins with a live shot of the RAW General Manager stood in front of a red RAW background with a smile. He is ready to record a message for the WWE Universe to open the show – sound familiar? – but it seems that HBK is doing his live with the sound of the WWE Universe cheering in the background. However, HBK doesn’t realise that the live feed has begun ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Are we on yet? Are we ready? We’re due to go live any sec ... What? We’re ... ?

HBK straightens up and looks directly at the camera with a cheesy grin that makes the RAW crowd in Lexington laugh ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night RAW live from Lexington, Kentucky!

Huge, live cheers for HBK as he addresses the WWE Universe in the same way as a certain SMACKDOWN General Manager has been doing in recent weeks ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Now, I realise that I can’t possibly live up to the thrills and spills of the opening video that Michael Cole shoots ahead of SMACKDOWN each Friday but I thought I’d give it a go and see what all the fuss was about. Now, let me introduce myself, I am the Heart Break Kid, Mr. WrestleMania, the ‘Showstopper’ ... the RAW General Manager, Shawn Michaels.

Pop from the crowd and a ‘HBK!’ chant begins ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Now, I’m not a vintage broadcaster like Mr. Cole over on SMACKDOWN but I am in charge around here, the Sheriff of the show so to speak. Although we here on Monday Night RAW cannot claim to be the Number 1 show here in the WWE, I hope I can muster a vaguely passable show for you all tonight as we are six nights away from the start of the ‘Road to WrestleMania’ and the Royal Rumble event!

Michaels grins as the ‘HBK!’ chant gets louder and he pauses to allow it to end ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Now I expect you all cannot wait for SMACKDOWN on Friday but, for now at least, you’ll have to put up with my RAW show. Now I’m not going to tell you about all the great things I did last week ... Probably because there weren’t any, to be honest. But I am going to make an ... Sorry? Who wants to ... We’re live here, aren’t we? Now I know why Michael Cole records these things!

More laughs from the WWE Universe as HBK turns to speak to some technician behind the cameras. Into shot walks Michelle McCool and the camera pulls back to show that she is accompanied by Kharma again. Michaels looks slightly perturbed that his live address is being spoilt ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Michelle ... What do you want?

MICHELLE McCOOL
I’m sorry to interrupt Shawn but this is important. I need to know now ... Have you heard anything back yet?

HBK looks puzzled for a moment and then realises what she is talking about ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Oh right, yeah, that. No, sorry Michelle, I haven’t. Maybe next week, hey?

Michelle looks annoyed and she fixes HBK with a glare ...

MICHELLE McCOOL
You have remembered to get in touch haven’t you? You are trying to get me an answer?

HBK looks at her with an innocent look on his face ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Yes, yes, yes I have! I just haven’t had a response yet! Now, go away and let me finish my live broadcast to the WWE Universe ...

McCool looks annoyed still but she turns and walks out of shot and the camera settles back into place on HBK as he sits up straight once more ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Right – where was I? Oh yes, announcement. WWE Championship. Royal Rumble. The WWE Champion, Wade Barrett, this Sunday, will face Triple H and he will be defending the WWE Championship. Now, I know what many people are saying – how can Triple H win if the fight isn’t fair? And I agree. For the past few months, Wade has been picking up some questionable wins thanks to his Nexus friends ... So here is what I propose to do about it. Tonight’s main event will feature any three members of Nexus that Wade Barrett chooses – and he can choose himself if he wishes – to compete in a 3 vs. 2 Handicap Match. Their opponents will be Triple H and a partner of his choosing. Should Hunter and his partner win the match, Nexus will be banned from ringside at the Royal Rumble, in fact, they will all be banned from the arena altogether other than Barrett himself. No arena, no pay-per-view, no interfering in the title match and no Royal Rumble match even!

Cheers for the announcement that HBK has been hyping up for the past few days ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Also tonight, we will see the “RAW Rumble” – a ten man Battle Royale featuring five men from RAW and five men from SMACKDOWN. Unfortunately, that does mean that we are expecting Michael Cole to show up any moment now – maybe he could give me some advice on my opening video? Anyway, Cole will be here tonight, prepare yourselves ...

Boos for the impending arrival of Cole ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
... but hey, at least you get to see the Number 1 show and its competitors instead of the usual rubbish I serve up here on RAW, don’t you?

Sarcastic comments from HBK who has clearly being listening to Cole’s comments before the recent SMACKDOWN events ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
With that being said, it is now time for me to stop wasting your time and to get the show started! Welcome to Monday Night RAW ... Enjoy the show!

HBK salutes the crowd and there are cheers from the crowd here in Lexington before the RAW credits roll and RAW officially begins ...

***** BURN IT TO THE GROUND *****

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

As the cameras spin around the arena, JR and King hype up tonight’s events – the main event appears to excite them both as it provides Triple H with the chance to earn a one on one shot at the WWE Championship this Sunday rather than the usual Nexus interference that has clouded so many of Wade Barrett’s victories recently. King suggests that Barrett might have to fight for himself this Sunday if things go wrong tonight – JR says he would like to see that!

*** TIME TO PLAY THE GAME ***

TRIPLE H

Huge pop for the Number 1 contender and the ever-popular Triple H as he makes his way towards the ring in his street attire. He is looking pleased with the announcement of HBK that just went down and he looks confident ahead of his first WWE Championship match for almost two years this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Hunter swallows some water and stands on the apron before spraying it into the sky before saluting the fans who are eager to hear what he has to say tonight. Hunter takes a microphone and stands central in the ring ready to speak as his music fades away ...

TRIPLE H
You know, it’s been a long time since I held the WWE Championship ...

A mix of cheers for the fact that Hunter challenges this Sunday and boos that he hasn’t been champion for a while. HHH smirks before continuing ...

TRIPLE H
For whatever reason, be it injuries or a lack of opportunities, I haven’t felt WWE gold in my hands for far too long. This Sunday night, at the Royal Rumble, I have the opportunity to change all that and become the fourteen time World Champion when I face Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship.

Cheers this time for Hunter’s comments ...

TRIPLE H
And you all know that I will be going out there, whatever the circumstances, to give Wade Barrett the beating of his life and to force him to honour that WWE Championship. If Wade Barrett wants to leave Cleveland with the WWE Championship, he’d better make sure he is ready to play the Game ...

Cheers from the WWE Universe ...

TRIPLE H
But that isn’t why I’m out here, right now. I’m out here to address what happened after the main event last week on RAW. Now it’s common knowledge that Kurt Angle and myself have had problems in the past but, since his return to the WWE last month, I have tried to respect Kurt and let bygones be bygones. However, last week, after I defeated him, Kurt refused to shake my hand. Despite the fact that I was the man who said we should face each other last week, despite the fact that I offered Kurt one final and fair chance to get himself into the title match at the Rumble, Kurt refused to shake my hand and he ...

*** MEDAL ***

KURT ANGLE

Triple H is interrupted and the Olympic Hero, Kurt Angle, the man who Hunter is speaking off, heads out towards the ring looking determined. He salutes the crowd and climbs into the ring where he holds a hand out to Triple H to get him to hold off for a moment whilst he gets a microphone ...

KURT ANGLE
Turn my music off, turn it off ... Hunter! Look, before you say anymore, let me apologise. I was disappointed, last week. Since I returned to the WWE, I have been desperate to end the title reign of Wade Barrett. In my opinion, he is a disgrace to the locker room, he is a disgrace to this company and his title reign taints the WWE Championship. The way he won it and the way he defends it – could you ever imagine the likes of Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mick Foley defending it in that way?

Pop for the mention of WWE legends from Angle ...

KURT ANGLE
I’ve been watching Wade Barrett with that title for the past months and it eats away at me inside. I am ashamed that Barrett is the champion and all I want to do is stop him from being the champion. Last week on RAW, I had the chance to earn my place in the title match – but I lost. I wanted to be the man to defeat Wade Barrett and end his time as the WWE Champion but I failed to earn my place in the match.

Angle looks disappointed in himself but he carries on ...

KURT ANGLE
Hunter, you’re right. After what we’ve been through, we’re never likely to be bosom buddies but I do respect you. I respect everything you’ve achieved in this business, Hunter, and I respect that you beat me last week and earned your match with Barrett. I was just disappointed ...

Angle looks down and shakes his head ...

KURT ANGLE
... As disappointed as I have ever been. I wanted to end the reign of Wade Barrett ... and now I won’t.

Triple H nods his head and seems to be in understanding with the man he faced last week, he reaches over to show this understanding and the pair of them shake hands now instead. The crowd cheer this moment as Angle and Hunter show that they understand each other ...

TRIPLE H
Hey Kurt, I understand completely. There is nothing in the world that I want to do more right now that end the WWE Championship reign of Wade Barrett. And this Sunday, I plan on doing just that ... but maybe ... maybe, you could help me ...

Cheers from the WWE Universe as they realise what is coming here ...

TRIPLE H
Kurt, the only way that Wade Barrett could possibly beat me this Sunday ... and even that is questionable, the only way he could beat me would be if Nexus were allowed down to the ring. In tonight’s main event, I need a partner ... What do you say?

Cheers for this announcement as Kurt Angle looks around to the WWE Universe pointing to himself and questioning whether or not he should team with Triple H this evening ...

KURT ANGLE
Man, that sounds like a plan to me! Tonight, we team up and eliminate Nexus from the WWE Championship match – then all you’ve got to do is beat Wade Barrett. Count me in!

‘Medal’ echoes around the arena as Hunter and Angle shake hands once more and they show that they are ready to embark on the beginning of the end for Wade Barrett tonight in the main event. JR and King hype up the idea that even if three members of Nexus are facing them, how could any three of them be able to defeat the Game and the Olympian?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with RAW’s newest tag team, Husky Harris and Michael Tarver, in the ring preparing for their first match tagging together. The pair of them, not favourites with the Kentucky crowd, are looking around menacingly as they await their opponents as JR and King remind us of the reaction from Nexus leader Wade Barrett last week when he mocked Tarver for forming this team ...

*** BRINGIN’ DA HOOD TO U ***

Brooklyn, New York | 525 pounds
CRYME TYME

The exciting tag team combination of Shad Gaspart and JTG bound out onto the stage and dance their way towards the ring as the crowd greet them warmly. Cryme Tyme, JR reminds us, will challenge for the Tag Team Championships at the Royal Rumble when they face Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins as well as four other teams in a Tag Team Turmoil match – King points out that their recent win over the Usos means that they will also enter the match later and stand a better chance of winning the titles. As Cryme Tyme prepare to get started, JR reminds us that we will see the debut of the British Empire team this Tuesday on NXT as they look to defeat the Hart Dynasty and earn themselves a later entry into the match as well.

MATCH 1 | TAG TEAM MATCH
CRYME TYME vs. HUSKY HARRIS & MICHAEL TARVER

A fast paced first contest of the evening as the debutants look to prove that they are capable of competing with one of the fancied tag teams for the Tag Team Championship this Sunday. The brute force of Husky proves to be an important tool in the early stages as he works over JTG and squashes him in the corner of the ring before making the tag to Tarver. Tarver is more technical but he also has a mean right hand when he needs it as he continues to keep JTG away from his big partner, Shad. However, as always happens, JTG does manage to escape and cause confusion in the end and he tags in Shad who runs roughshod over Tarver and then Harris in turn. A big boot to the jaw of Tarver takes him down before the tag to JTG allows the Brooklyn native to enter and go after the weakened Tarver. He locks in a sleeper hold, Shad hits a big boot to Husky Harris as he looks to prevent JTG and this allows JTG to hit ‘Da Shout Out’ as he slams Tarver’s head and back down hard into the mat. He makes an unorthodox cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
CRYME TYME (3:38)

Cryme Tyme celebrate their victory and then head out of the ring looking confident as they head towards the Royal Rumble. However, Harris and Tarver both look around disappointedly as they come to terms with the fact that their first match in the Tag Team division has ended in a defeat ... The cameras switch to the backstage area where a limo pulls up in the parking lot with the SMACKDOWN logo plastered on the side of it. The limo comes to a halt and JR and King speculate over who Michael Cole may well have brought with him tonight to face the five RAW superstars in the ‘RAW Rumble’ later tonight. The door is opened and out steps the smug, grinning Michael Cole who straightens his tie before beckoning to somebody else to join him.

JERRY LAWLER
Who is it?

More time passes to build up the appearance of ... JOHN CENA!

JERRY LAWLER
What the hell?!

JIM ROSS
Oh, man, this is going to be a very interesting night here on RAW!

Cole and Cena stand together with proud grins on their face as they survey the backstage area amidst large boos and jeers from the crowd here in Kentucky. Cole clicks his fingers and six burly security guards immediately appear around Cole and Cena and it is clear that they are taking no chances here tonight as they appear on the same show as Randy Orton. JR hypes up the fact that after the next break, Randy Orton will be in action as he goes one on one with the Awesome Miz!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

CATCH NXT SEASON 3 THIS TUESDAY NIGHT!

Week 4 – What will be the fallout from the first NXT rankings of Week 3?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with replays of the arrival of SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole and John Cena who is appearing here on RAW despite the presence of Randy Orton who Cena has had issues with for weeks and months now. JR suggests that the situation is volatile and that this could be a deliberate ploy from Cole and Cena to try and rile Orton into doing something stupid tonight that will cost him his place in the Royal Rumble ...

*** AWESOME – I CAME TO PLAY ***

Cleveland, Ohio | 220 pounds | Money in the Bank contract holder
THE MIZ

With the ‘Money in the Bank’ contract in his briefcase as usual, Miz heads out with a swagger as he prepares to face Orton next here on RAW. King isn’t a fan of Miz and says that Miz’ recent comments about winning the Royal Rumble in his home town of Cleveland, Ohio, this Sunday might come back to bite Miz on the backside if he fails to back up his words. However, the voice of reason, JR, points out that Miz has been on a superb roll as of late and that he should not be counted out as a potential Royal Rumble winner. Miz climbs into the ring and looks around smugly as King suggests that he might begin to believe in Miz a little more should be defeat Randy Orton here tonight!

*** VOICES ***

St. Louis, Missouri | 245 pounds
RANDY ORTON

The crowd explode at the arrival of the Viper as he heads out looking furious – he is clearly aware of Cena’s presence in the arena tonight. Orton’s usual methodical pace towards the ring has gone as he spins this way and that looking out for his nemesis, Cena, and King speculates that the Viper needs to focus on Miz not Cena here tonight. Orton steps into the ring whilst looking back and around him and this gives Miz the perfect opening as he makes the jump and starts the match early ...

MATCH 2 | SINGLES MATCH
THE MIZ vs. RANDY ORTON

Orton appears to be distracted in the early stages of the contest and, from one of these hesitant moments, Miz manages to catch Orton off guard with a well placed swinging neckbreaker that gives him the upper hand. Miz holds control of the contest as he looks to continue the impressive momentum he has built over the past few months heading into Cleveland this Sunday. However, Miz makes an error when he goes flying into the corner for a clothesline to Orton but misses and eats the turnbuckles instead. Spinning around, he walks into Orton who hits a belly to belly suplex and buys himself a little time to recover from the early punishment he has taken. Miz looks to take a walk outside the ring but Orton goes after him and reverses an attempted whip from Miz to send the Money in the Bank contract holder flying shoulder first into the steel ringsteps to the delight of the crowd. As Miz slowly climbs back up onto the apron, Orton slides under the ropes into the ring and catches Miz coming in through the ropes with a kick to the chest. With Miz hung up on the middle rope, Orton plants him down face first into the mat with a devastating DDT that leaves the crowd rallying behind Orton. He falls to the mat and begins pounding his fists on the apron as he readies himself for the RKO when ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

West Newbury, Massachusetts | 240 pounds
JOHN CENA

Tension floods through the arena as John Cena – accompanied by SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole and six security personnel – heads out onto the stage. Orton is staring out from the middle of the ring now at the stage and he is fuming with rage as he stares towards Cena who is grinning in a mocking fashion to the Viper. JR and King are reminding us of Orton’s issues with Cena – losing his WWE Title, interfering in his rematch and then taking the coward’s way out of their Vengeance match – as Orton makes to exit the ring. He drops through the rope and begins to walk up the ramp when the security guards stand in the way. Cole is demanding that Orton return to the ring and reminds him of the promise made to him if he attacks Cena. Orton stops in his tracks and considers his actions before slowly turning back towards the ring. The referee is at 8 and Orton has to sprint back into the ring to avoid the countout defeat. He ducks under a clothesline from Miz and hits a running power slam to his opponent that leaves him laid out on the mat again. Orton begins to set for the RKO once again but still the distraction of Cena and his team – now halfway down the ramp – is playing havoc with Orton. Up staggers Miz and Orton looks to pounce but Miz, who cleverly took his time to return to his feet, shoves him away towards the ropes to escape. Orton stops at the ropes and stares over towards Cena again who is daring Orton to attack him. Orton ignores Cena and turns round once more but he has wasted too much time here – clothesline from Miz. As Orton looks to quickly get back up, Miz hits a running knee lift and follows up with a reverse neckbreaker, the Mike Check, that leaves Orton writhing in pain on the mat. Miz begins to stalk Orton like the Viper was doing to him prior to Cena’s arrival ... Up gets Orton ... SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! MIZ HITS THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE TO ORTON! Miz makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
THE MIZ (7:32)

Intense jeers for Miz as he celebrates his victory – a huge win for Miz heading to the Rumble – but a tragic defeat for Orton as he suffers more misery at the hands of Cena here tonight. Cena and his entourage back away up the ramp and Cena is laughing as he walks alongside the SMACKDOWN General Manager Cole as Orton looks on in disbelief from the centre of the ring. Orton watches Cena for a moment and then decides that he has had enough and storms through the ropes and up the ropes after Cena. As Orton disappears from view, Miz is shown with his hand raised as JR and King speculate on what might happen to Orton as he heads after Cena.

The camera suddenly switches backstage and we see Cena and Cole and the security men heading down a passage when a shout from behind them tells us that Orton is there. The camera shows Orton trying to push past several WWE officials, HBK and Chip Butty included, to get towards Cena. As he approaches the SMACKDOWN superstar though, Orton is held up by Cena’s security and Cena manages to get away to the frustration of Orton. HBK and Butty both stand beside the Viper and they are telling him to calm down and get himself under control although he looks like he wants to kill Cena right now.

CHIP BUTTY
Randy, Randy. Look, I’ve told you before, you cannot go after Cena, you need to calm down! Listen to me, Randy, listen to me now!

Orton’s icy glare turns towards Butty who trembles a little for a moment but the Viper does calm down a little and he smirks. He shakes his head before replying to Butty ...

RANDY ORTON
Calm down, listen to you, you want me to be a good little Randy Orton do you? Let me tell you something, Butty, I don’t care what you say or do, I am going to get my hands on John Cena and I am going to make him pay for every low down trick he has pulled on me. When I get hold of Cena, he is going to wish he’d never heard the name Randy Orton ...

Butty composes himself and straightens up into an official pose as he prepares to say something in response ...

CHIP BUTTY
That may be what you think will happen, Randy, I know differently though. John Cena and yourself are on different brands and tonight, Cena, from SMACKDOWN, is a guest here on RAW. You will not touch him, Randy, you won’t ...

Orton raises an eyebrow towards Butty as if daring him to try and stop him ...

CHIP BUTTY
You won’t, Randy, I sign your pay cheques, damnit, I say you will not touch Cena tonight. Tonight, when Cena heads out for the ‘RAW Rumble’ then you will not appear, Randy, or else, this Sunday, I will make you Number 1 entrant in the Rumble ...

Orton looks dismayed at this idea and is furious with Butty but knows he has to regain control here ...

CHIP BUTTY
... and I will make John Cena the Number 30 entrant. Furthermore, Randy, furthermore, if you continue the way you are doing tonight, I will be forced to reverse my decisions from last week. This is MY company, Orton, my word goes. I advise you to go home and prepare yourself for this Friday night when you will be appearing on SMACKDOWN ...

Orton fumes as Butty walks away and RAW heads into another commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

ATLANTA, GA

76 DAYS TO GO!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with Matt Striker stood backstage in the interview pit where he waiting to introduce his next guests ... The British Empire! Into shot come William Regal, Finlay and Mason Ryan who are dressed in red, white and blue with the Union Jack flag being carried by Regal ...

MATT STRIKER
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guests at this time ... The British Empire!

Regal waves the Union Jack flag whilst looking down his nose into the camera in disgust. He looks to Striker expectantly waiting for a question although he is clearly mocking the interviewer ...

MATT STRIKER
Mr. Regal, you and your team will debut tomorrow night on NXT when you face off against the Hart Dynasty to earn a late entry into Sunday’s Tag Team Turmoil match. But the WWE Universe wanna’ know – which two of you will be teaming up?

Regal laughs at Striker’s question and nudges Finlay in the ribs before pointing to Striker and laughing some more. Finlay also fakes a laugh whilst Mason Ryan retains a stoic focused look stood behind the two veterans ... However, Striker doesn’t laugh back and Regal mocks surprise that Striker appears to be serious about the question ...

WILLIAM REGAL
You actually expect me to answer that question, young man?

Striker nods his head in response and Regal straightens up his face still appearing surprised at the question ...

WILLIAM REGAL
Well, my word, honestly, Matthew, do you really think that I’m going to tell you that? After all, tomorrow night on NXT, the Hart Dynasty will be facing two of us in a match! Why would we give them an advantage by telling them who they will be facing?

Striker laughs uncomfortably and realises that he was never likely to get a truthful response from the WWE’s newest stable. Regal continues ...

WILLIAM REGAL
You see, Matthew, the Hart Dynasty could be facing any two of our team tomorrow night and we aren’t quite ready to spoil that little surprise for them just yet. They could be facing my friend, Finlay, a man who comes from the mean streets of Belfast, Northern Ireland. For years, the WWE has had Finlay running around with a leprechaun, dressed in green and pretending to be Irish. This man has been besmirched for a long time but now he is part of the Empire and he will get chance to avenge that frustration.

Finlay nods his head and looks incensed at the idea of being thought of as Irish when he is actually Northern Irish ...

WILLIAM REGAL
Maybe we will use Mason Ryan, the Welsh Dragon?

An intense looking Ryan stares into the camera as Regal continues to speak about the Empire’s possible plans ...

WILLIAM REGAL
This young man is from Cardiff in Wales and for the past few years I have been watching him carefully. He is a monster, a powerhouse, he has masses of potential and he is proud of being from Wales and proud to be from Great Britain. I believe that this man will be a future champion here in the WWE, Matthew, however, his first steps on the road to immortality will be with the British Empire ...

Regal slaps his new protégé on the back and Ryan snarls into the camera as Finlay guides the microphone towards him instead ...

FINLAY
As for William Regal, the other five tag teams better be worried about him. Mr. Regal has done it all in the world of wrestling, he has my full respect after we had many battles in the past. Any British Empire team with William Regal would be more than capable of destroying the tag team division here in the WWE ...

Regal holds up his hands in modesty before shaking hands with the Northern Irish brawler, Finlay. The microphone is returned to Regal as he looks back to the camera ...

WILLIAM REGAL
Tomorrow night, Hart Dynasty, it doesn’t matter whether it is Finlay and Mason, Mason and myself or Finlay and myself, the result will be the same. The British Empire, for Her Majesty the Queen, Elizabeth the Second, will defeat you and we will head to the Royal Rumble this Sunday. And when we get there, sunshines, we will be successful, we will become the Tag Team Champions.

Finlay waves the Union Jack flag once again as Ryan continues to stare into the camera, Regal smirks and smiles before finishing ...

WILLIAM REGAL
This one is for you, Your Majesty. Rule Britannia!

Loud boos around the Kentucky arena as the WWE Universe show their feelings about the British Empire. However, there is a note of concern in the voice of Jerry Lawler as he tells us how tough Regal and Finlay are, JR adds some information about the power of Mason Ryan and both speculate on whether the Tag Team Championships could be in danger this Sunday.

The cameras switch to the General Manager office and we see Shawn Michaels pacing around the office with Michael Cole sat down on the couch behind him. HBK looks to the SMACKDOWN General Manager who has caused all the headaches for him tonight by bringing John Cena ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
I just don’t understand, Cole, why you had to bring him. You could have brought anybody here tonight from SMACKDOWN, you didn’t need Cena. Look at the trouble you’ve caused ...

Cole is about to retort when the door of the office suddenly crashes open and in storms the Rated R Superstar Edge. He walks to HBK and stands inches from him looking annoyed ...

EDGE
So, Shawn, what do you want? I hope it is what I think it is.

HBK looks to Edge and smirks ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
You know what, Edge? No it isn’t what you think it is. I’m sick of people here tonight who think they can say and do whatever they please. Fact is, you still haven’t convinced me that you deserve to be in the Royal Rumble and I won’t hand you a place in the Rumble just because you demand one. If you want to be in the ...

Cole interrupts all of a sudden ...

MICHAEL COLE
Edge isn’t in the Royal Rumble? The Rated R Superstar? Well, that is interesting, Shawn ...

HBK turns his attention towards Cole ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Listen, Cole, just stay out of this, this is RAW business!

MICHAEL COLE
Far be it from me to criticise, Shawn, I just can’t understand why you’ve got the 2010 Royal Rumble winner here on RAW and you’re not entering him into the 2011 Rumble. If he was on SMACKDOWN ...

HBK cuts in on Cole ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
But he isn’t on SMACKDOWN, Cole, shut your mouth!

EDGE
Mr. General Manager, I think he has a point. I’ve been telling you that for weeks! Maybe I should be looking to leave RAW and head to SMACKDOWN instead?

Cole smirks to HBK and it is clear that he was looking for this reaction from Edge ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
Edge, you’re going nowhere. But I tell you what you will do, tonight, you will face John Morrison one on one. And if you win, fairly, then you will advance to the Royal Rumble this Sunday. But Edge, I am warning you, if you cheat in any way, if you beat Morrison in any way other than fair and square, then I will reverse the decision again. Do you understand?

Edge slides his hand back through his hair, looking moderately pleased and confident ...

EDGE
Michaels, I will go out and defeat John Morrison and earn my place in the Rumble. As the winner of the 2010 Royal Rumble, I should never have to qualify for the Rumble match ever again but if that is what you want, Michaels, that’s what I will do.

Edge stares at HBK before turning and leaving the office. SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole smirks at HBK before returning to the couch and sitting down with a grin on his face ... The cameras return to the ring where JR and King discuss the chance that Edge will get to earn his spot in the Royal Rumble ...

*** AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE ***

Los Angeles, California | 224 pounds
JOHN MORRISON

As Morrison ‘slo-mo’ makes his way towards the ring, the commentary team discuss the improvements made by Morrison in the past year and suggest that he could be a danger in the Rumble this Sunday. King says that Morrison’s agility could be an advantage as it will make him difficult to eliminate from the Rumble before comparing him to the likes of Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio who have won the Rumble previously. JR disagrees with King though and suggests that there are so many big, powerful guys in the Rumble this year, Morrison’s agility might not be enough to save him from the sharks when the match nears the end ...

*** METALINGUS ***

Toronto, Ontario, Canada | 241 pounds
EDGE

A determined looking Edge heads out to the ring and it appears that he knows that this is the last chance saloon as far as his chances of defending his Royal Rumble crown go. JR asks King, as Edge points to the rafters and the pyro explodes behind him, whether or not he believes that Edge can win the Rumble for a second straight year? King suggests that Edge has proven he can win it and that, if he gets a favourable draw, he has the experience to pull it off again this year and earn the right to head for WrestleMania and challenge for the title – he just needs to make it first.

MATCH 3 | SINGLES MATCH
EDGE vs. JOHN MORRISON

(if Edge wins, he will qualify for the Royal Rumble)

An even contest that sees Edge being careful not to get involved with any actions that may lead to a disqualification as he knows that he has to win this match tonight to make it to the Rumble. However, Morrison has been on a roll lately and it appears that he wants to ensure that Edge isn’t in the Rumble match. As the match heads towards the conclusion, Edge has control and he hits an Electric Chair drop to Morrison that forces his opponent to reach out and grab the bottom rope to beat the 3-count. Edge sets himself and looks like he is going to hit the Spear – however, Morrison avoids it and as Edge collides with the corner, Morrison rolls him up into a schoolboy pinfall but Edge just about escapes at 2! Morrison hits a running knee strike to the side of the head of the Rated R Superstar and this lays Edge out in the corner. As the crowd get excited, Morrison realises that he has a chance to end Edge’s Rumble chances. He leaps up onto the top rope, spins over ... STARSHIP PAIN! MORRISON HITS EDGE WITH STARSHIP PAIN – EDGE’s RUMBLE CHANCES ARE OVER! Morrison hooks the leg of Edge and the referee counts ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

Wait a minute!

Edge’s hand had reached out and grabbed the bottom rope! The Rated R Superstar saves himself from being eliminated from the Royal Rumble six days before it begins! Morrison holds his head after coming so close to eliminating one of the main competition for the main event spot at WrestleMania but he steps back and allows Edge up ready to hit another kick. However, Edge ducks the roundhouse kick and connects with a drop kick of his own ... Edge prepares again ... SPEAR! EDGE HITS THE SPEAR!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
EDGE (8:11)

Edge celebrates wildly in the corner after he finally managed to get the fair victory that confirms his spot in the Rumble and the chance to win it for the second successive year. He demands to be handed a microphone as ‘Metalingus’ is faded out so he can speak ...

EDGE
There you go, Michaels! Reverse that decision!

Boos ring out around the arena and Edge throws his head back and laughs out loud to himself before continuing ...

EDGE
Whether you people like it or not, whether Shawn Michaels likes it or not, I am going to Cleveland this Sunday, I will be in the Royal Rumble and I will win it for the second year in a row! And at WrestleMania 27, I will be the new WWE Champion ... If you don’t believe me, watch this!

Edge tosses the microphone away once more and rushes over the ring again to hit another Spear to Morrison who has only just got back to his feet. Edge kneels over the prone body of Morrison now with a wicked look on his face, the evil, mean streak of the Rated R Superstar is showing once again and JR and King suggest that it could take him all the way to WrestleMania yet again!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

CATCH SMACKDOWN LIVE THIS FRIDAY!

The Undertaker challenges his brother, the Devil’s Favourite Demon, to a Casket Match!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with the WWE Champion Wade Barrett walking alone down a corridor backstage and JR tells us that he is heading out to address the WWE Universe as he prepares for the WWE Championship match with Triple H this Sunday night. As he walks round a corner, he walks into the pair of Michael Tarver and Husky Harris, RAW’s newest tag team, who lost their debut match on RAW earlier tonight ...

WADE BARRETT
Ah, Mr. Tarver! How nice to see you again with your new friend, Mr. Harris! I saw your match earlier boys ...

Tarver and Harris exchange glances to each other as Barrett laughs to himself ...

WADE BARRETT
I guess you’ve got a long way to go still, haven’t you boys?

Laughing, Barrett readjusts the title on his shoulder and walks past the pair who look at each other with a look of annoyance in their eyes ... The camera switches to Josh Mathews who is standing by ready for an interview ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time ... The Miz!

Into shot moves Miz – he is now dressed in a smart suit after defeating Orton earlier – and he smirks at the camera, a confident but arrogant look in his eyes ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Miz, earlier tonight, you picked up yet another huge win over Randy Orton. Next up for you, the Royal Rumble match in your hometown ... Your thoughts?

Miz looks incredulously at Mathews before speaking ...

THE MIZ
Josh Mathews, you’ve had at least half an hour since my match ended and that is the best question you can think of? Years and years of experience in the WWE as a commentator and an interviewer and the best you can do is ... “Your thoughts?”

Mathews looks uncomfortable as Miz mocks his interview skills but he holds the microphone steadfast waiting for an answer ...

THE MIZ
Josh, you saw tonight how much of a roll the Miz is on. Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan. John Morrison. They have all fell victim to me over the past few weeks, they have all had their faces smashed into the mat, they have all felt my ‘Skull Crushing Finale’ and they have all been beaten ... 1 ... 2 ... 3. The Royal Rumble is now just six days away and I am ready, Josh, I am ready to prove everybody wrong once again, I am ready to earn a WrestleMania main event spot in my home town, Cleveland, Ohio, I am ready to become a WWE legend ...

Mathews half mumbles another question to Miz as he spirals off ...

THE MIZ
I beg your pardon, Josh?

Mathews looks hesitant to repeat the question but he summons up the guts to do it ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Some people would say that you were going to get beaten tonight had it not been for John Cena?

A look of fury passes over Miz’ face as he takes in the question ...

THE MIZ
Really? Really? Really, Josh?

The crowd are joining in with Miz as he says ‘Really?’ which irritates him further ...

THE MIZ
Kentucky, you will speak when you are spoken to, know your place!

Loud boos around the arena as Miz stares out into the arena through the camera before turning his attention back to Mathews ...

THE MIZ
Josh, you need to be aware of something. I don’t need help from anybody here in the WWE. Why did I get rid of Alex Riley? Why did I get rid of Big Show? Why did I get rid of John Morrison? I don’t need their help to be a star, I burn brighter than all of them, I am the most must-see WWE superstar in the whole of the WWE. Whatever is happening between Randy Orton and John Cena, I don’t need any help from Cena, I don’t need anybody to help me to defeat Randy Orton ... This Sunday, I head into the Royal Rumble, Cleveland welcomes home its favourite son, twenty nine other so-called WWE superstars take a ride over the top rope and I’m on my way to WrestleMania 27 ...

Miz seems pumped up and determined that Sunday will be his night ...

THE MIZ
Because I’m the Miz ... and I’m ...

Miz’ voice drops down to almost a whisper as he utters his catchphrase ...

THE MIZ
... awesome!

Miz flashes a smile to the camera, he certainly appears to be ultra confident heading into his hometown. As the camera returns to ringside, JR and King discuss how home-field advantage could benefit the Miz this Sunday – King doesn’t believe it will help him at all and predicts that Miz will be eliminated with twenty-eight others come Sunday’s Rumble match. As the crowd go quiet, the stage sparks back into life ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

Manchester, England | 246 pounds | WWE Champion
WADE BARRETT

Alone for a change, the WWE Champion Wade Barrett saunters to the ring dressed for action and with the WWE Championship strapped around his waist. The tall, lanky Barrett steps up the stairs and into the ring where he looks around the arena with a look of disgust on his face at the WWE Universe who are jeering and booing him ... Barrett is handed a microphone and he is ready to address the Universe ...

WADE BARRETT
Luckily for all of you people here in Kentucky, I am a man of class and dignity ...

The people of Kentucky laugh at Barrett’s comments and then jeer him some more ...

WADE BARRETT
Whilst you barrack me for reasons you do not even know, I stand here before you, your WWE Champion ...

Further jeers for mentioning that he is WWE Champion ...

WADE BARRETT
... the man who will grace you with his presence in the ring later tonight, the man who will defend his title – for your entertainment – this Sunday at the Rumble, the man who will retain this title for the good of all of you ...

A barrage of hate rains down on the ring and Barrett who looks around with a face showing amusement ...

WADE BARRETT
You see, Kentucky, you need me. You people, like millions of others around the United States, need a proper role model who you can look up to. After just six months with the WWE, I have proven that dreams can come true. I have shown that hard work, dedication and honesty all lead to rewards, I have shown that dignity and class means more than just saying the right things, it means leading by example and doing them.

Barrett is truly hated here in Kentucky!

WADE BARRETT
The WWE Universe, Kentucky in particular, knows that they need a man like me as their WWE Champion. You know that in Wade Barrett, you have a champion that you can be proud of. A man who is true to his word, a man who leads by example, a man you can look up to and respect ...

Barrett unbuckles his title belt and lifts it up in the air for all to see ...

WADE BARRETT
... a man who deserves to be ... the WWE ... Champion!

A ‘Triple H!’ chant begins and Barrett looks a little ruffled by this ...

WADE BARRETT
This Sunday night, I face the embodiment of all that is wrong about the WWE. I face a man who believes that he will just turn up in Cleveland this Sunday and win the title ... because he hasn’t held it for nearly two years. What about hard work? What about dedication? What about earning the title, Hunter?

More boos for the words of Barrett ...

WADE BARRETT
Let’s face it, Triple H has been handed this title match for one reason only ... because his best friend is the General Manager of RAW!

A ‘You Suck!’ chant begins in the arena but Barrett ignores it ...

WADE BARRETT
I earned the right to challenge for the title, Hunter, I earned it and then I won it fair and square ... fair and square. Everybody here in this arena knows that there is no reason for you to be challenging for this title, they know that the right man already has the WWE Championship. And this Sunday, you will see ... that ...

Barrett is cut off suddenly ...

TRIPLE H

Barrett looks angrily at the Number 1 contender as he makes his way down the ramp once more. Hunter steps through the ropes and he stands face to face from Barrett who stands his ground. Nose to nose, the pair of them lock eyes and tension fills the air as they look as if they are going to start the Royal Rumble early ... However, Barrett backs off instead and he decides to speak to the Number 1 contender ...

WADE BARRETT
Hunter, you don’t scare me and you sure as hell don’t intimidate me. I stand here as the WWE Champion, I know I deserve to be in this ring right now. Question is ...

Barrett smirks at Triple H ...

WADE BARRETT
Do you?

Triple H’s turn to smirk now as he shakes his head at the audacity of this young WWE Champion. Hunter swipes the microphone away from Barrett and prepares to respond to him ...

TRIPLE H
Do I deserve to be in this ring? I must have misheard that, Wade, you sounded like you were questioning what I have done to deserve to be here, right here, right now. Let me tell you, I have done a hell of a lot more in my career than I need to have done to be standing ... right ... here. You come out here and you claim that I don’t deserve my title shot? You claim to be some virtuous, respectful champion? Let’s face it, Barrett, that’s a crock of s**t. The only reason you have that title around your waist is due to the fact that you have some rather deluded followers who are willing to back you and protect you and do your bidding for you. You have never won a match here in the WWE without their help ...

A cheer from the WWE Universe ...

TRIPLE H
... and tonight, when Kurt and I defeat your three men, I will have you one on one at the Rumble, the way it should be if you want to defend a title properly. Hell, Wade, you don’t stand a chance this Sunday ... and you know it.

Barrett looks a little shocked at Triple H’s comments but he continues to stare into the eyes of his challenger ...

TRIPLE H
This isn’t NXT, Wade. This is the big leagues now, this is RAW, this is the beginning of the ‘Road to WrestleMania’ and this is where it gets serious. If you want to be WWE Champion, you’d better grow some balls, you’d better stop hiding behind the Nexus and you’d better bring your very best to Cleveland and the Royal Rumble.

Triple H looks down at the WWE Championship belt on Barrett’s shoulder and he smiles back at Barrett ...

TRIPLE H
Because you can guarantee that I will.

’The Game’ begins again as Triple H turns away and steps through the ropes and back up the ramp as Barrett watches him go. On the stage, Triple H turns to face Barrett and he points to his wrist as if telling Barrett that his time is up. Barrett smirks and lifts the title belt high again though as Triple H stares down to him. Suddenly, Nexus appear behind Triple H though and they barrel into him and send him crashing down to the metal stage flooring. Ezekiel Jackson, Skip Sheffield, David Otunga and Heath Slater, all pounding away at Triple H and forcing him back towards the ring. Hunter manages to get a shot in on Heath Slater but he is then clotheslined out of his boots by Sheffield before he is forced under the bottom rope into the ring. Jackson hits several powerslams to Triple H who is now defenceless whilst Barrett steps out of the ring to the outside to watch with a smile on his face. The other members of Nexus now step back into the ring with steel chairs in hand and they gather around the beaten Triple H ready to increase the beatdown. Barrett gives the go-ahead to his men but then he is suddenly caught off guard as Kurt Angle rushes down the ramp and shoves him hard into the ring post. Angle slides into the ring, ducks under the chair swung by Otunga and then Olympic Slams him down hard on the mat. Slater, Jackson and Sheffield all decide to make their exit at this point and they slide out of the ring to join Barrett on the ramp as he struggles to his feet. With Nexus staring into the ring at Angle and a recovering Triple H, JR and King remind us that the main event tonight sees Kurt Angle and Triple H in a 2 vs. 3 Handicap Match against any three members of the Nexus and if Angle and Hunter win, Nexus will be barred from ringside during the title match this Sunday at the Rumble ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

“WRITTEN IN THE STARS”

(Tinie Tempah featuring Eric Turner)
Official theme song of WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta, GA!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with several guys from RAW and SMACKDOWN already in the ring as JR and King introduce the ‘RAW Rumble’ which is coming next and will feature five men from each brand. King specifically informs the WWE Universe watching that the match has no prize up for grabs, it is just a chance to build momentum ahead of the real Rumble match this Sunday evening. Already in the ring are Matt Hardy, Cody Rhodes and Big Show from SMACKDOWN as well as Ted DiBiase, Alex Riley and Daniel Bryan from RAW. These six men are stood in the ring awaiting the arrivals of four more men ...

*** WRITTEN IN MY FACE ***

Dublin, Ireland | 272 pounds | With Hornswoggle
SHEAMUS

Out comes the Celtic Warrior, a man who King believes will be a huge danger in this Sunday’s Rumble and he evidences this with Sheamus’ recent destructive path through RAW when he defeated the legendary Triple H not once but twice in succession as well as holding the WWE Championship just three months ago up until Night of Champions. JR says that Sheamus’ attitude could easily serve him well in the Rumble and that he is one of the favourites to win ...

*** S. O. S. ***

Ghana, West Africa | 212 pounds
KOFI KINGSTON

Excitement all around the arena as the ever-pleasant Kofi Kingston bounces out onto the stage in a mixture of green and yellow pyro. The cameras focus in on the reaction of the Big Show to seeing his former friend head out and JR outlines the issues between Kofi and Show of late. They discuss the roll that Kofi has been on recently and JR says that Kingston could be one to watch in the Rumble match as he is unpredictable and is capable of anything to stay in the ring ...

*** AFRICA RISING ***

Cape Town, South Africa | 223 pounds | US Champion
JUSTIN GABRIEL

Another crowd favourite as the United States Champion heads out and holds the title high for all to see. We are reminded that Gabriel won the US Championship at Vengeance when he defeated the former champion Daniel Bryan and Ted DiBiase just days after quitting the Nexus. King points out that Gabriel was actually the man who pinned John Cena at Survivor Series and ‘won’ the WWE Championship for Nexus leader, Wade Barrett, and as such is the man to blame for all the problems with Barrett recently ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

West Newbury, Massachusetts | 240 pounds
JOHN CENA

Into a cauldron of hate comes John Cena still flanked by security as he makes his way into the arena. Cena appears to be enjoying himself though and he taunts and mocks the crowd as he makes his way down the ramp and into the ring as the security spread out around the ring ready to repel any attempted attacks from Randy Orton tonight. The referees on the outside signal for the bell and the ‘RAW Rumble’ can begin ...

MATCH 4 | ‘RAW RUMBLE’ MATCH
Alex Riley, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, Sheamus & Ted DiBiase

The match gets underway and all ten men pair off as the match gets going: Bryan and DiBiase are fighting immediately with both men looking to prove who deserves the shot at the US Championship more; Kingston and Big Show are trading blows after their recent problems; Alex Riley and Matt Hardy are fighting; Sheamus and Cody Rhodes battle it out; and finally, US Champion Justin Gabriel is looking to eliminate John Cena and make a huge name for himself ahead of the Rumble. The hulking frame of Sheamus is the first man to strike a decisive blow though as he hits a Brogue Kick to Cody Rhodes near the ropes that sends the ‘Dashing’ one up and over the top rope to the outside.

*** CODY RHODES HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

Sheamus now gets involved in the Matt Hardy and Alex Riley battle and he begins to dominate over Riley who is showing some fight against Hardy. As Hardy joins the fight with Cena and Gabriel, Riley manages to counter the clubbing blows of Sheamus in the corner by poking the Irishman in the eye and then sneaking out of harm’s way and attempting to toss him over the top rope. Sheamus holds on though and eventually he manages to regain control, trapping Riley in the ropes and hitting the clubbing forearms across the chest of the Varsity Villain. Riley’s chest is reddened and he staggers from the ropes but he walks straight into Big Show who slaps him hard on the chest. Sheamus takes the chance and clotheslines Riley up and over the top rope to eliminate his second man from the contest ...

*** ALEX RILEY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

Kofi and Big Show continue to fight in the corner but it is the World’s Largest Athlete who is getting the better of it and only Kofi’s agility prevents him from being eliminated as he hangs onto the ropes desperately. Cena and Gabriel are having a decent little contest but the most interesting point right now appears to be the fight between Daniel Bryan and Ted DiBiase. When Gabriel is hit with the shoulder blocks from Cena, the US Champion falls at the feet of the warring DiBiase and Bryan and they proceed to argue over who is going to beat up on the South African. Both men clearly want to eliminate Gabriel and further their US Title claims and this leads to more vicious fighting between the pair. However, Gabriel is recovering well and he bides his time ... As DiBiase gets Bryan teetering over the top rope, Gabriel sneaks up behind DiBiase and lifts his legs up over the ropes instead, DiBiase is out!

*** TED DIBIASE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

Bryan looks around to see who rescued him but he doesn’t have much chance to take it in as Gabriel hits a stunning Superkick to the jaw of the former US Champion – up and over the rope he goes as well to the outside and Gabriel has eliminated two!

*** DANIEL BRYAN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

The arguments between DiBiase and Bryan continue and they begin to fight in the rampway as well and the cameras follow them up to the stage where they continue to fight their way out of the arena, still arguing as they go. Gabriel watches on in amusement and this backfires when he fails to notice Cena sneaking behind him. Cena catches Gabriel unaware and lifts him high onto his shoulders, sets himself and then hits the Attitude Adjustment over the top rope, Gabriel flying through the air and landing with a crunch on the floor with a valuable lesson learned about being aware of everybody in the Rumble!

*** JUSTIN GABRIEL HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

We’re down to five now and it is Big Show, John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy and Sheamus who remain – just one from RAW in Sheamus and four guys from SMACKDOWN. Sheamus lays out Cena with a Brogue Kick and then he goes after Matt Hardy as Show and Kofi resume their fight. Next to be eliminated is Hardy as he loses out to Sheamus ... another Brogue Kick elimination this time and Hardy follows his head over the top rope and down. He hangs on desperately and stands on the apron but Sheamus knocks him down with one more heavy right hand to take us down to four ...

*** MATT HARDY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

Sheamus is the most dominant guy in the match so far and he looks to prove this further as he goes after the Big Show next. Show and Sheamus head for one corner, Kofi and Cena are down recovering in the others as the two big men go at it. Show wins the battle as he earns the right to hit devastating slaps to the pale, white chest of Sheamus before a chokeslam takes Sheamus down to the mat. With the Celtic Warrior down, Big Show now needs to get him back to his feet if he wishes to eliminate him. However, Kofi is fighting back up and catches Show with the Trouble in Paradise kick that staggers Show into the corner. Kofi mounts Show in the corner and rains down the punches but Show shoves him aside and Kofi falls over the top rope and down. He hangs on to the ropes and like a spider he manages to hang on as he carefully readjusts to keep his balance on the apron. Show swings a punch towards Kofi and misses; this allows Kingston to hit a kick to the side of Show’s head before starting to drag the dazed near 500 pound giant over the top rope. Despite the size difference, Kofi is doing a decent job but it seems Kofi needs more leverage – something he hasn’t got unless he eliminates himself too. Sheamus goes for a Brogue Kick to Kingston but Kofi spots him coming and ducks and Sheamus is hung up over the top rope. Cena comes up behind him and helps him up and over and Sheamus hits the ground with both feet – we are guaranteed a SMACKDOWN winner of the ‘RAW Rumble’ now!

*** SHEAMUS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

As Sheamus angrily makes his way back up the ramp, Kofi decides to play safe and he climbs back through the ropes to work on Show. Cena is now on his feet of course and he joins forces with Kofi as they look to work on the bigger man and take him out first. However, Cena cannot be trusted and he tries to eliminate Kofi when the Ghanaian isn’t watching as he tries to force him head first over the top rope. Show joins the struggle again and breaks away into a fight with Cena ... KNOCKOUT PUNCH! BIG SHOW LAYS OUT JOHN CENA! Show turns around and Kofi is on the top rope, he launches off ... Missile Drop Kick! Down goes Big Show and Kofi is the only man standing in the ring now! He goes back up top and prepares as Show gets back to his feet ... Kofi flies high, goes for a Diving Crossbody but Show catches him and dumps him over the top rope. Kofi uses the leg scissors to drag Show with him, over goes Big Show, Kofi hangs on ...

*** BIG SHOW HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

The crowd goes wild as Kofi celebrates eliminating Big Show from the match and we are down to two men now. But wait a minute! Kofi spends too much time celebrating eliminating Show, ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT! CENA HITS THE AA! The crowd boo as Show nods his head in approval to Cena ... Cena drags Kofi to his feet and runs him towards the ropes, Kofi goes sailing up and over ... and down to the floor!

*** KOFI KINGSTON HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! ***

WINNER
JOHN CENA (12:32)

Kofi holds his head in his hands as Cena wheels away in celebration in the ring and leaps up onto the middle rope to taunt the crowd who are jeering him once again. Cena then taunts Kingston by waving his hand in front of his face – “You can’t see me!” – and this infuriates Kofi who goes to get back into the ring. However, he doesn’t make it as Big Show grabs him and drags him down off the apron and goes to hit the WMD punch. Kofi ducks though and responds with kicks and the pair of them fight their way out of the arena up the ramp as the tension between them builds further. The security on the ramp part to allow Show and Kofi through before returning to their guard and blocking off the stage area from the ring. Cena, who was watching Kofi and Show with a smile on his face, climbs onto the middle rope and decides to taunt his nemesis, Randy Orton, as he strikes the Viper’s pose in the corner to the annoyance of the crowd. However, there are cheers all of a sudden ...

RANDY ORTON IS STOOD RIGHT BEHIND JOHN CENA IN THE RING!

As the anticipation builds, the security personnel notice but they know they are too late as the noise builds. Orton is waiting to pounce, ready to strike ... Cena turns ...

ORTON GOES FOR THE RKO BUT CENA SHOVES HIM AWAY AND ESCAPES!

A loud groan of disappointment echoes around the arena as Cena hightails out of the ring and is surrounded by the security again and they shepherd him out of the danger area as he stares at the ring at Orton in shock. The Viper is foaming at the mouth as he is angered that he didn’t manage to lay Cena out with the RKO but, as King points out, it is probably in his best interests that he didn’t manage to hit it – what would the punishments have been? Orton stares out at Cena as he retreats from the stage and out of the arena as the winner of the ‘RAW Rumble’ but with a scare from Randy Orton who has shown that he intends to eliminate Cena this Sunday and win the Rumble himself ...

The camera switches to a commotion backstage as Shawn Michaels and WWE officials try to separate Daniel Bryan and Ted DiBiase who are still trading blows after their elimination from the ‘RAW Rumble’ match. Eventually, they are separated and held back and the US Champion, Justin Gabriel, appears alongside HBK.

SHAWN MICHAELS
You know what, guys? It is time for all this to end. You two want a shot at the US Championship, then you can fight in a sanctioned match this Sunday and the winner will get the shot at Justin Gabriel’s US Championship down the road.

Gabriel nods his head in approval as Bryan and DiBiase calm down a little as they wait to hear more from HBK ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
This Sunday, whilst Justin Gabriel enters the Royal Rumble match, it will be Daniel Bryan ... one on one with Ted DiBiase ... and it will be a Ladder Match!

Loud cheers from the crowd in the arena as they show enthusiasm for HBK’s decision ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
The winner will face Justin Gabriel for the US Championship sometime in the future. The loser will be out of the title picture for the foreseeable future. Now get your asses out of here, both of you!

HBK looks annoyed tonight – the disorder caused by Cole bringing Cena to the arena tonight appears to have spread to the RAW roster as well! The camera focuses on him as he watches DiBiase and Bryan as they are led away and RAW heads into another commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA 27 BEGINS ... THIS SUNDAY!

Who will win the Royal Rumble and advance to WrestleMania 27?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with the face of Kurt Angle on screen as he waits alongside Josh Mathews. He is dressed ready for action in tonight’s main event ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Kurt, here we are, time for tonight’s main event. Tonight, you team up with the man you have been facing for the past two weeks, Triple H, to try and help him eliminate Nexus from his WWE Championship match this Sunday. Your thoughts?

Angle looks pumped up and he answers with enthusiasm ...

KURT ANGLE
For the past two weeks, Josh, as you rightly point out, I have faced Triple H to try and earn myself a place in the WWE Championship match this Sunday at the Rumble. However, last week, I came up short and I lost the match to Hunter – there is no shame in that! I’m disappointed that I won’t get chance to finally take the WWE Championship away from that unworthy Wade Barrett but I know that I can play my part tonight by helping Hunter to have Nexus barred from ringside this Sunday. For weeks now, Barrett has held onto that title due to assistance from those Nexus goons, it is time for that to stop!

Cheers for the words of Angle as he bounces up and down in preparation for the match, keeping himself warm ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Instead of challenging for the WWE Championship, Kurt, you will, in six days time, enter the Royal Rumble instead. Do you think you can win that match and go to WrestleMania?

Kurt smiles at the thought of winning the Rumble ...

KURT ANGLE
When I came back to the WWE, I wanted to do two things, Josh. I wanted to be WWE Champion once again by beating Wade Barrett, a man who I do not respect in any way. I also wanted to main event WrestleMania once again. Can you remember WrestleMania 19, Josh? I can, it was one of the greatest nights of my life. Even though I lost to Brock Lesnar, it was one of the greatest main events in WrestleMania history and I am proud to have competed in it. Now, I want to headline WrestleMania 27 and this time, this time, I want to win it. I’m not challenging for the WWE Championship this Sunday so I need to find another way to reach the main event – I’ve never won the Royal Rumble, Josh. I’ve accomplished a lot in this business but I’ve never been the man to win the Rumble. I’ve come close, as Hunter knows, I’ve been eliminated last. But I’ve never won it and my new dream, my new goal here in the WWE? Banish Nexus from ringside this Sunday, win the Rumble and go to WrestleMania where I will face Triple H one more time, one on one, to prove that I can beat him, to once again become the WWE Champion. It will happen, Josh, you can believe that! It’s true ...

Kurt looks into the camera ...

KURT ANGLE
It’s DAMN true!

Cheers from the crowd as Mathews thanks Angle and the camera returns to the ringside area where it is time for tonight’s main event ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

NEXUS

All five members of Nexus head out into the arena dressed in their black and yellow t-shirts despite the fact that only three of them are scheduled to take part in this match. Ezekiel Jackson, Skip Sheffield, David Otunga and Heath Slater lead the way down the ramp before splitting into two, lining either side of the ramp where Wade Barrett, the WWE Champion, walks with the title belt around his waist. He punches the air and then leads Nexus to the ring where they all enter the ring and swarm around awaiting the arrival of their opponents ...

Suddenly, there is an interruption from the titantron. The RAW General Manager is there and he still looks annoyed ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
It appears that tonight is a night for testing my patience, Wade. First we had Cole bringing Cena into the arena, then we had Orton ignoring direct orders once more ... now we have you bringing four other members of Nexus to the ring.

Barrett holds his hands out as if to ask what he has done wrong ...

SHAWN MICHAELS
This is a 2 on 3 Handicap match, Wade. THREE! I don’t care which three of you take part in this match but two of your guys need to disappear – fast! I’m not in the mood for games, Wade, get two of them out of here immediately or there will be no need for the main event – I will bar Nexus from ringside for good, I will fire their asses and leave you on your own for good.

Loud cheers from the Kentucky crowd, they like that idea. However, looking mutinous, Barrett realises that he had better do what he is told here and he motions to Slater and Otunga to leave the ring. The pair of them don’t look happy over this situation and they try to argue with Wade that they should be competing in the match. Barrett points to the WWE Championship, then to himself and he is clearly reminding them who is in charge of the Nexus. He reiterates his order for the pair of them to leave and they reluctantly exit the ring muttering to each other – they are clearly unimpressed with Barrett’s decision. A little dissension in the ranks of Nexus maybe? Slater and Otunga disappear backstage once again and this leaves Sheffield, Jackson and Barrett in the ring – still a pretty formidable line up regardless of who they are facing!

*** MEDAL ***

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | 240 pounds
KURT ANGLE

A pumped up Kurt Angle heads out and his red, white and blue pyro explodes as he makes his way towards the ring where the menacing Nexus team stand in the ring waiting for him. He stands at the foot of the ramp and bounces from foot to foot waiting to enter the ring ...

Greenwich, Connecticut | 260 pounds
TRIPLE H

Angle is waiting for his partner and who can blame him? Out comes the Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship and he shakes hands with Angle at the bottom of the ramp before they rush the ring and scatter Nexus out of the way. Hunter stands at the ropes and sprays water into the air before his music fades and he regroups in the corner with Angle and they discuss strategy for the start of the match ...

MAIN EVENT | 2 vs. 3 HANDICAP MATCH
KURT ANGLE & TRIPLE H vs. NEXUS (EZEKIEL JACKSON, SKIP SHEFFIELD & WADE BARRETT)

Skip Sheffield decides to start for Nexus and he attacks Kurt Angle in the corner while his back is turned and the bell is rung to start the match. As the referee gets Triple H, Ezekiel Jackson and Wade Barrett out onto the apron in the corners, Sheffield drags Angle around the ring and rams him head first into the turnbuckles until he is berated by the official and forced to stop. However, Skip has complete control of Angle early and he now uses legal moves to retain control: an overhead belly to belly suplex that Angle would be proud of crashes the Olympian down onto the mat. Skip tags in Jackson and the pair of them stomp at Angle for as long as they can get away with before Skip is forced out of the ring. Jackson whips Angle into the corner of the ring and then rushes over to the corner and hits a shoulder block in the corner that reduces Angle to his knees. However, Jackson isn’t done and he lifts Angle to his feet before driving his shoulder repeatedly into the gut of Angle over and over before he taunts Triple H who can only stand and watch right now.

Angles staggers to his feet and he is met again by another Jackson shoulder block that leaves him crashed out on the mat. Laughing, Jackson drops a big elbow onto Angle and makes the first cover of the match ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** ANGLE KICKS OUT **

Jackson drags Angle up and lifts him up for a hard, heavy scoop slam that shakes the ring. He follows this up with two more before receiving orders from the Nexus leader, Barrett, to tag him in. Jeers echo around the arena as Wade Barrett steps into the ring and stands over Angle whilst looking at his opponent this Sunday, Triple H, in the corner. Cockily, Barrett reaches down to grab Angle’s head to lift him but Angle has recovered a little and rolls Barrett up ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** BARRETT KICKS OUT **

Rattled, Barrett jumps to his feet quickly and aims a heavy right boot into the chest of Angle as he sits up and this sends his head and back crashing back down onto the mat. Barrett is a little embarrassed by Angle there and he focuses now on the Olympic Hero and he starts hitting heavy right hands to the face of Angle as he lays back on the mat trying to cover up. The referee tries to pull Barrett away but he continues to pound at the head of Angle ... BAM! Triple H enters and aims a kick to Barrett that breaks the barrage of punches. As the ref ushers Triple H out though, it allows Ezekiel Jackson and Skip Sheffield to come in and double team Angle illegally as they choke him on the mat whilst the other kicks him repeatedly in the gut. Hunter tries to get at them to stop it but the referee holds him back and he eventually realises that he needs to step out of the ring. Jackson and Sheffield make themselves scarce but Angle is writhing on the mat as Barrett gets back to his feet smiling. He taunts Triple H a little before dragging Angle off the mat and popping him off into the ropes ... Spinning Backbreaker over the knee, Angle’s lower back lands hard on the point of Barrett’s knee. Barrett makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** WEAK KICK OUT FROM ANGLE **

With Nexus in complete control here, Barrett tags Skip Sheffield back in and they double team Angle in the corner with heavy punches. As the referee objects, Skip pulls back a little and then rushes into Angle with a hard hitting clothesline that rocks Angle’s jaw in the corner. Skip quickly tags in Jackson now and he heads towards Angle to hit another scoop slam before aiming some arrogant kicks to the head of Angle who is in real trouble here. Nexus continue to isolate Kurt and their tactics of using quick tags allows them to continue to beat down on Angle whilst Triple H helplessly looks on. Jackson is in the ring and he appears to be the one who is going to be allowed to finish this off and he lifts up Angle ... TORTURE RACK! EZEKIEL JACKSON LOCKS KURT ANGLE IN THE TORTURE RACK! The referee orders Triple H to stay where he is, he cannot make a save here, it is up to Angle to battle through the pain. Jackson cinches it in further and he pulls down harder on Angle’s neck, a neck that has been broken in the past remember, causing the Olympian to scream in pain. However, he refuses to tap out and manages to wriggle his legs clear and slips down behind Jackson quickly. Jackson looks shocked for a second but he spots that Angle has fallen into the Nexus corner so he rushes over looking for a heavy clothesline ... Angle ducks and Jackson connects with Barrett instead! Barrett falls to the floor as Skip checks on the leader of Nexus and Jackson looks on in despair. This allows Angle to crawl over the ring towards Triple H, inching his way slowly, closer ... Barrett spots this and points it out to his team-mates. Jackson flies over and, just as Kurt is set to tag in Triple H, he rams into Hunter and sends him flying into the barricades instead. The groans of the crowd are clear and Jackson drags Kurt up and forces him back first into the corner where he lays his boots to Angle once more. Behind him though, Triple H slides into the ring, he has had enough of Jackson! He spins the Guyanan round and he pounds him with right hands before hitting a Spinebuster! The referee objects but he ignores him and catches Skip Sheffield coming towards him instead – Spinebuster! Hunter kicks Skip in the gut as he staggers to his feet ... PEDIGREE! TRIPLE H HITS THE PEDIGREE TO SKIP SHEFFIELD! Hunter raises his arms in salute to the fans, he is pumped up and ready for Sunday ... BAM! Big Boot! Wade Barrett, the WWE Champion, lays out Triple H with an unexpected, hard right boot instead! Triple H rolls out of the ring and Barrett motions for the title belt around his waist as the crowd boo him.

Wade gathers Jackson and Skip back towards him, Jackson is still the legal man. Barrett is clearly trying to get him team back focused here and he ushers Skip to the Nexus corner after the Pedigree. However, as he does this, Angle is up on his feet and he clotheslines Barrett up and over the top rope – out of the ring he goes, JR points out that Kurt will need to do that often on Sunday if he is to win the Rumble! Angle sets himself and waits for Jackson to get up ... OLYMPIC SLAM! ANGLE HITS THE OLYMPIC SLAM TO EZEKIEL JACKSON! Kurt makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** BARRETT IS BACK IN TO BREAK IT UP JUST IN TIME **

Loud boos and jeers from the Kentucky crowd as Barrett denies Angle the win. Angle looks unimpressed and he spins round to go for Barrett but the WWE Champion ducks his clothesline and comes off the ropes ... BIG BOOT TO THE REFEREE! Angle ducked, Barrett nearly took the head off the referee! All hell now breaks loose as Triple H rejoins the action and goes after Wade Barrett. Hunter gets the upper hand and he goes for the Pedigree to his opponent this Sunday but Barrett wriggles clear with a well timed Back Body Drop to Hunter. The referee is still down and Barrett points to Skip Sheffield near the time keeper area. Skip grabs the WWE Championship belt and returns to the ring as Angle looks to go after the WWE Champion but Jackson stops him with a huge clothesline that takes Angle out of his boots nearly. Angle is down, Triple H is down, the referee is down and Nexus are on their feet with the WWE Championship belt – this doesn’t look good. Barrett holds the title and he signals for Skip and Jackson to lift the Number 1 contender to his feet for him. Triple H is dragged up by Skip and Jackson, Barrett pulls his arms back ready to smash Hunter in the face with the title belt ...

TRIPLE H DUCKS! BARRETT SMASHES JACKSON IN THE FACE INSTEAD!

The two legal men, Jackson and Angle, are down as Barrett looks in despair at what just happened. Triple H throws Skip Sheffield over the top rope and then turns towards Barrett – the crowd cheer as Barrett again misses with the title belt which falls loose on the mat. Hunter hits a DDT to Barrett and then stands over him and picks up the title. He raises it high and the crowd roar their approval before he throws the belt down and starts to drag Barrett up once more. Triple H positions Wade Barrett for the Pedigree, this would be huge! TRIPLE H HITS THE PEDIGREE TO THE WWE CHAMPION! BARRETT IS HIT WITH THE PEDIGREE! The WWE Universe go wild and Triple H celebrates wildly before he tries to revive Angle. The referee is slowly getting up and Triple H drags Angle to the corner where the referee can see ... Stepping through the ropes, Hunter reaches back in ... Tag from Angle! Triple H steps back into the ring and he sets up Ezekiel Jackson now ... Positioning him for the Pedigree, Hunter has Nexus beaten here ... BAM! WAIT A MINUTE!

KURT ANGLE JUST SMASHED TRIPLE H WITH THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT!

The crowd realise what is happening as Angle rolls out of the ring and watches on. Ezekiel Jackson makes the cover to Triple H, the referee is coming round still ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
EZEKIEL JACKSON & NEXUS (9:27)

The crowd are stunned but Angle smirks as ‘We Are One’ reverberates around the arena – Angle has screwed Triple H! Nexus will be allowed at ringside this Sunday at the Royal Rumble WWE Championship match. Angle backs away up the ramp with a smirk on his face, he had this planned all along! Heath Slater and David Otunga come rushing past him but Angle isn’t bothered about leaving Triple H in a five on one situation. He points to himself and shouts about winning the Rumble, about looking out for himself before he leaves the stage to intense boos and jeers.

Back in the ring, Barrett is now back to his feet, wobbling slightly, but he is looking happy – Nexus will accompany him this Sunday night! He beckons to Slater and Otunga to lift Triple H up and they obey his orders ... WASTELANDS! BARRETT PLANTS TRIPLE H WITH WASTELANDS! Nexus hand the WWE Championship back to Barrett and he places a foot on the chest of Triple H and then raises the title belt in the air ... As RAW ends, we are left with Wade Barrett standing tall over Triple H with all the other members of Nexus around him ... Could this be the scene in six nights time at the Rumble?

***** END OF SHOW *****

=================================

*** CONFIRMED ***

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP – TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (c) vs. British Empire vs. Cyme Tyme vs. Evan Bourne & Mark Henry vs. Hart Dynasty vs. Usos

LADDER MATCH TO DETERMINE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER FOR US CHAMPIONSHIP
Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Christian

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Triple H

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
Winner to get shot at the WWE or World Championship at WrestleMania 27! [/b]
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote