Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#3,364 · (Edited)
does anyone know where I can watch his shoot interview/out of kayfabe he did just before going to the WWE? the one on his DVD. I really wanna watch it.
Are you talking about the "Stories From the Streets: The Jon Moxley Story" DVD? I tried and tried my best to find this online and couldn't. I just ended up buying the DVD online and it came in the mail yesterday. Judging from the interview he seems like a really chill, easygoing laidback guy with a decent sense of humor. He's been through a lot in his life and it shows. The saddest part was hearing him talk about his father and how he sucked as a dad (I thought he was gonna cry at moments) but I'm glad he eventually developed a better relationship with him. Most surprising part was hearing him talk extensively about his past drug use. I had no idea he was that bad!

#3,365 ·
Reactions: NeyNey
#3,398 · (Edited)
For months now people have been wondering exactly how the WWE would use this man, and I think it's very obvious at this point. You want Ambrose to debut some what like a villain in a comic book script. Villains tend to debut while the hero is at his best, or doing his, or her thing. Why not have Ambrose attack Ryback? Have Ryback in one of his normal two vs one matches. Except one of the individuals is masked, and that happens to be Dean Ambrose. He is also armed with a pair of brass knuckles. However, we won't come to find that out until after the match is over.

The other guy who is tagging up with Ambrose seems more worried about Ambrose under the mask than Ryback. Even the referee is watching this masked man. Ryback shows no emotion, and could care less who is in front of him. I would book the match in which Ambrose would pretty much evade Ryback the whole match while the other guy was getting his ass handed to him. Ryback would eventually lariat Ambrose who rolls out of the ring while his tag team partner is finished off in the ring. Ryback wins!!!

Ryback does his thing in the ring, and out of no where the lights go out. Unfamiliar music hits, and a spot light is at the top of the stage as if waiting for someone to come out. The lights go back on, and the masked man stands behind Ryback with a steel chair. Ryback gets nailed with a steel chair to the back of the head, and the masked man just keeps beating Ryback maliciously over, and over. The masked man pulls out of his trunks a pair of brass knuckles, and begins to punch Ryback over the head with them. Ambrose gets out of the ring, and pulls out a trash can from under the ring filled with old food, and trash. Dean screams at Ryback repeatedly "I am feeding you more, you still hungry!?".

Officials come running out, and Ryback is a bloody mess. The masked man takes off his mask, and somehow manages to grab a mic. He tells the world that a revolution is coming, and the end of "Entertainment" as we know it will come to an end. His name is Dean Ambrose, and he is here because all of the WWE Universe wanted him here. He is shouting over the mic that he is "The Anti-Christ of Entertainment", and that our heroes are his enemies that which he will destroy. A huge debut like this could do wonders for his career, and the nickname "The Anti-Christ of Entertainment" would be awesome.

#3,433 ·
PG doesn't determine whether something is good or not. Booking and creative determines that. I didn't like the attitude era, being a gay woman, i found it uncomfortable in retrospect with sexist and homophobic undertones (and overtones), some of which lingers around to this day. The Golden Era of wrestling was PG but it was good because it was booked well with many likeable and memorable characters.

I say bring back blood on occasions (not every week) and mild swearing but never go back to the AE, its had its time, we need to usher in a new era, one that is unique, modern and cutting edge-something people could consider trendy. it doesn't need to be overtly offensive like AE aimed to be, but risque in a tasteful way-artistic, if you will. Wrestling is an art form after all and it should be treated as such. We need to up the intelligence level otherwise wrestling will always be perceived as idiots entertainment.

#3,613 ·
Definitely appreciate it. We've all obviously haven't seen and It's been out for quite some time, so waiting another day is not a big deal at all.

Reactions: MoxleyMoxx
#3,615 ·
I actually bought it myself a few weeks ago. It really is amazing. The interview taught me a lot about him I didn't even know. Not to mention, the matches on the bonus disks are AMAZING! Worth the $37, imo.

Also, to the person talking about the AJ/Cena messages being for Ambrose... I considered that too. Until AJ said "you hacked into John Cena's phone?" "Cena"... not just Jon. :/

#3,643 · (Edited)
Ambrose is my most anticipated debut since this:

Goosebumps every time I see that clip.

I will seriously mark the fuck out when Ambrose finally gets the call on Raw or SmackDown (hopefully Raw). I hope they do it in a smark city like New York or Philly or Chicago (as in the above clip) where a decent number of fans will recognize him and give him the appropriate pop.

#3,647 ·
It's still up! About to grab some food, and watch it! This will definitely help me stop being so impatient with him not debuting yet!

Reactions: NeyNey
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.