Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#147 ·
Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley at WrestleMania Hotel

As an idea it is very, very clever. Turning Foley's own Anti-Hardcore legacy (for which he is most famous for, really) back on him. It only works out the mouth of a bona-fide hardcore wrestler with a chip on his shoulder - step up one Jon Moxley aka Dean Ambrose.

The legacy of ECW is thumb-tacks, baseball bats, planks of wood covered in barbed wire, broken glass and tables on fire. Before FCW, Dean went through Combat Zone Wrestling. He knows this world, which is why he can pull this feud off. He legitimately has seen a lot of kids cutting themselves up, destroying their bodies trying to be like Cactus Jack. That is the kernel of truth, that's all you need. The rest of this shit he can invent and emboss as he likes.

Reactions: Jobberwacky
#149 ·

A couple more Regal twitter updates regarding Ambrose:
William Regal ‏ @RealKingRegal
It's started .RT @TheDeanAmbrose: #wwe I Just watched Edge's full Hof speech. Big fan of Edge, too bad he had to retire so young #ThanksMick
I'm jealous dear boy.I thought I had your undivided attention. @TheDeanAmbrose
@billwinters18 I normally don't care about things like this but we all need to pay attention as Dean Ambrose is a game changer.
Our lives will never be the same again.We know.Mick has the unpleasantness of finding out.#Villain@CMPunk @TheDeanAmbrose @realmickfoley
It's inevitable that @DeanAmbrose will be the man to finish me off. @WWETucker
You are correct.This man is a game changer.RT @DaimaohEX: @RealKingRegal, respectfully, I believe @TheDeanAmbrose is his real twitter.
So fucking cool.

#150 ·

Words can't describe how excited I am about the arrival of Dean Ambrose in the WWE. I think a lot of people who don't know his name will be knowing his name within a few months. He's going to be one of those superstars that REALLY makes you smile in terms of thinking "wow, this guy is going to be a star!", the same feeling that I had about Stone Cold after his famous speech, The Rock gave me after taking over the Nation. This guy is IT.

#152 ·

I've only just managed to watch the actual video, that was bizarre! Maybe Mick and "Dean" are trying to work an angle for themselves with the office by creating hype online but I dunno if it's working or not...

#156 ·

I hope I'm wrong but this storyline seems too smart for WWE TV. If he shows up on Smackdown this week I will mark very very hard.
there was a report about the confrontation and it was stated that a wwe writer was watching closely

The exchange was apparently arranged by WWE. We don't know if it will be used for something when Ambrose comes to the main roster or if it's some kind of FCW angle. We do know that WWE writer Ed Koskey was watching the whole thing and taking notes. Once again, you can check out the video below:

#162 ·

Mick Foley ‏ @realMickFoley
Well @Stevie_Looney , if @RealKingRegal is a fan of his, let Regal wrestle him.
Mick Foley ‏ @realMickFoley
In other news, I continue not to give a crap about a cheap promotional stunt, even if @CMPunk thought it was interesting. #nocuttingtheline
Interesting.

#164 ·

Foley is pretty convincing with his tweets, he makes it seem like it wasn't an angle.
I don't believe him though 8*D
The moment Foley asked him if the 14 year old's were dead just ruined any realness and screamed *Foley's forgot what he was gunna say!* to me.

#166 ·

Why are people like Jack Swagger and The Miz on my TV screen on a week;y basis but this guy isn't?

#167 ·

Anybody saying that Foley is tame compared to Ambrose hasn't seen the barbarism Foley did as Cactus Jack against Terry Funk to get over.

Japan was ECW and CZW at their worst before the promoters and workers in those feds were twinkles in their daddy's eyes.

#168 ·

Can't fucking wait for Ambrose to debut. A big feud where he goes over Foley would be amazing.

#180 ·

Fun morning trying to explain gross barbwire scars and excessive nerve damage to #wwe doctors,#thanksmick

This is bloody amazing. There's no way they can drop the ball on this one. RIGHT?!??!

#192 ·

This is bloody amazing. There's no way they can drop the ball on this one. RIGHT?!??!
It is WWE, unless Moxley and Foley have been given the all clear to cut their own promos and write the feud themselves. Of course they can drop the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.