Wrestling Forum banner

What the fuck is wrong with pro-lifers?

7K views 117 replies 42 participants last post by  MrMister 
#1 · (Edited)
The HB 259 bill, commonly referred to as the "fetal pain" bill by most Georgia Republicans and the "women as livestock" bill by everyone else, has recently been passed in Georgia. Under this new law, it requires all women to give birth to fetuses with abnormalities (including those that are stillborn) after 20 weeks, which is the maximum limit to seek an abortion. It garnered national attention after Republican statesman Terry England compared pregnant women with stillborn babies to livestock on his farm, specifically cows and pigs. It does not take rape or incest into consideration, neither does it exempt issues with the mother (such as mental illness or ectopic pregnancies). According to England, "if farmers have to “deliver calves, dead or alive,” then a woman carrying a dead fetus, or one not expected to survive, should have to carry it to term."

If this makes its seem like Rep. England and the rest of the representatives looked beyond their cows and pigs and recognized women as capable, full-thinking human beings, think again: HB 954 excludes a woman’s “emotional or mental condition,” which means women suffering from mental illness would be forced to carry a pregnancy to term. It also ignores pregnant women who are suicidal and driven to inflict harm on themselves because of their unwanted pregnancy.

In order for a pregnancy to be considered “medically futile,” the fetus must be diagnosed with an irreversible chromosomal or congenital anomaly that is “incompatible with sustaining life after birth.” The Georgia “fetal pain” bill also stipulates that the abortion must be performed in such a way that the fetus emerges alive. If doctors perform the abortion differently, they face felony charges and up to 10 years in prison. Given all this, the so-called compromise suddenly does not look like much of a bargain.

For anti-choice lawmakers, it is an item of faith that fetuses feel pain at 20 weeks. But scientists disagree. Reviews of all existing medical evidence have found that fetuses have not developed the neurological structures to feel pain until at least 25 weeks, and likely not until 28 weeks, in the third trimester.

Although Roe v. Wade set the precedent for abortion to be legal up to 24 weeks, state legislatures continue to ram through restrictive anti-choice laws. Georgia will join six other states with fetal pain restrictions—Nebraska, Indiana, Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma and Alabama. North Carolina prohibits abortion after 20 weeks.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2012/03/31/at-11th-hour-georgia-passes-women-as-livestock-bill/

I'm just struck at an awe. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some of these people?

#2 ·
I don't know, bruh.

Right winged idiots value the life of a fetus so much pre-conception, but don't give a fuck about one's life post-conception.

What most people don't understand is that when you say you are pro-life, you are for the preservation of life, pre AND post conception.

You don't say "that single unwed mother should absolutely, under no circumstance abort the life of an unborn" and then, say, 17 years later say "people die everyday. It happens. It's life."

Hypocrisy.

#10 ·
What most people don't understand is that when you say you are pro-life, you are for the preservation of life, pre AND post conception.
As a "Pro-Lifer", I must say that it is hypocritical for some "Pro-Lifers" to be anti-abortion, yet pro-death penalty and pro-war. With that said, the taking away of a life that hasn't even truly begun yet just based on the fact it might have a shitty life or the mother doesn't want to raise it is something I really can't condone.

Only way I'd condone abortion is if the mother's life would be endangered by giving birth to the child.

#40 ·
Catholic church is actually against the death penalty. The American members of the church aren't though. Don't know about the other branches of Christianity.

Guess I'm the only person here who's pro-war?
It seems like a pointless effort right now because I have no confidence that things won't go straight to hell as soon as we leave.

And by this reasoning woman should be force to breed whenever possible in order for no sperm to be wasted and all potential lives to be born. After all any life is better than no life.

And that is what I find as the fundamental flaw with pro-lifers; argue all you want but having an abortion is the same effect as not having sex that one time you got pregnant.
The same effect but different actions entirely. Saying that they're the same thing is stupid. Just because two actions have the same effect doesn't mean they are the same or if one is right the other can't be right.

#15 ·
Very dangerous and stupid attitude. I wonder if they realize how painful and potentially fatal such a practice would be...pregnancy is a very dangerous state for women, and in those types of incidences you could potentially die carrying such a fetus to term, even in this day and age of modern medicine.

#16 ·
It's disgusting. It's not even about caring about unborn babies, it's a matter of controlling women, simple as. None of these fuckers will be there to help these kids out when they're ACTUALLY born. This is some serious Handmaid's Tale shit going on. I just don't understand who laws like this are supposed to benefit.

Reactions: virus21
#24 ·
Kill all the fucking children, now in their sleep, when they become too inconvenient!

#27 ·
No. Thanx for sharing in my views. In fact, I believe we should going to war with Pakistan. Being totally anti war is just unrealistic and impractical. People like you and me are getting to be a rarity though.

#26 ·
i am sort of in the middle of this topic, i don't support abortion for people who are just not responsible enough to take care of a kid so they want out. To block abortion for someone having a kid that will have serious problems doesn't make much sense. And i agree with what people said above, this will only lead to more people getting abortions in an illegal enviorment and could result in serious problems for those people. But what can you do whey you have hypocrites making these laws on abortion yet they don't mind war or death of any other fashion.

#28 ·
I'm not "Anti-War" in the sense that I'm against every type of war. If a war is necessary, then I'm all for it. However, wars like the ones in the Middle East are the ones I'm against. The United States really has no business there, yet we've been there for over ten years. I understood why we went to Afghanistan in the first place, but we've been there WAY too long.

#36 ·
All pro-lifers are sexist. Including the women.

#44 ·
Wish there was more people like you mrgagentleman. Too many choices are being taking away from us in this country, from both sides. Btw you have just as much say in deciding that baby's fate, it takes two to tango. Yall's decision had no baring on my life just like my decision has no baring on yall's. Respect.

#53 ·
Actually as far as Christianity is concerned, abortion is worse than murder because you don't even give him the chance to live and repent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.