Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#8,819 ·
My memory is a bit hazy, which speaks poorly for me since I only saw the shoot like 2-3 days ago, but from what I got from the Davey/Steen shoot DVD was that Davey was (maybe still is) burnt on wrestling and just started to take less bookings. Steen put over PWG as the best wrestling company and told Davey that he should come back to PWG in order to have fun and loosen up. Davey said he might do that.

#8,820 ·
As long as Davey doesn't try and do forced comedy again, I won't mind. PWG is a haven for bringing out better performances via the lighthearted, have fun approach. Worked near wonders for Michael Elgin, in my opinion. I prefer his work in PWG over what he does in ROH. As unusual as it may sound.

#8,823 ·
Davey as either a complete dickhead or guy who gets the joke is fine in PWG. I think my favorite PWG match with Davey is him vs. Steen at Kurt RussellMania where he was loose instead of the "Grrrrr, Kill" guy and it was great because it was the perfect combo of comedy and technical wrestling.

Also in another interview I think Davey once again said that this was his last year in wrestling and he was going to retire after Final Battle.

#8,829 · (Edited)
If 1,000 people from WF started pimping Chris Masters and his ****1/2+ workrate "masterpieces of dem psychology", I still won't watch. I refuse to witness that boring drone doing whatever he's doing.

LancE Hoyt, on the other side, is awesome.

#8,830 ·
Masters became liked after he came back to the WWE the second time off of the juice tbh. Also, the Davey/Steen shoot was awesome, can't wait to pick up the Kevin Steen Show. Sounds to me like Davey could give less of a shit about ROH at this point and that tour he didn't get with NJPW was the last straw before he really got burnt out.

#8,837 ·
According to 411mania, Sami Callihan is going through his final medical testing for WWE. I'm guessing he doesn't have long left on the indies, anyone know what his last booked appearance is as of now?

Still not sold on the guy, but I feel he could be a lot more tolerable in WWE if they tone him down a bit. No idea what kind of gimmick they'd go for though.

#8,858 ·
Yeah the storyline actually has been pretty interesting. I mean it was pretty obvious right away what the big secret was but at least they're taking a different approach to a guy signing with WWE.

I'll make sure to be at the show.

Also that show where Steen is challenging Terry Funk is 45 minutes from my house in New York. Unfortunately it's my graduation weekend and I won't be around. As awesome as it sounds I don't think skipping my best friend's graduation party to see Steen wrestle Terry Funk is appropriate.

#8,843 ·
Gonna do a little shilling for my more local promotion 2CW. They have a pretty stacked show for their Living on the Edge 8, Night 2 FREE iPPV. Costs you nothing to watch live. Show goes on at 8PM EST. right here http://www.livesportsvideo.com/2cw. Here is the card:

MAIN EVENT: FOR THE 2CW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
Kevin Steen, 2CW Heavyweight Champion VS. John Morrison (Hennigan), Challenger

MAIN EVENT 2: SPECIAL ATTRACTION
Matt Hardy VS. Sami Callihan

NO HOLDS BARRED
Spike Dudley VS. MASADA

STAIRWAY TO HELL: GUEST REFEREE: JAY FREDDIE
"Juggernaut" Jason Axe VS. Isys Ephex

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana VS. "Slyck" Wagner Brown

MIXED TAG ACTION!
Jimmy Jacobs & Christina Von Eerie VS. Pepper Parks & Cherry Bomb

Colin Delaney VS. Dalton Castle

Pun & Graham's Tag Team Title Challenge
Features: Pun & Graham, 2CW Tag Team Champions, CK(Sean Carr & Kage), Planet Fitness ("Muscle" Marcos & Cheech), Electric Dream Machine ("Studly" Steve McKenzie & Loca Vida), & "Supercop" Dick Justice, Peter D. Order & Eric M Timmins (EMT)

Will Terry Funk accept Kevin Steen's Challenge for May 17th In Amsterdam, NY at the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame Show ?

If any of this interests you watch. The only thing it'll be using is your time. Hopefully you'll find it was at least worth that. Well shilling for this show is done...for now.

#8,849 ·
MAIN EVENT 2: SPECIAL ATTRACTION
Matt Hardy VS. Sami Callihan

NO HOLDS BARRED
Spike Dudley VS. MASADA
Haven't seen Matt wrestle for a while. How is he nowadays? Any good? I reckon Sami could get a good match out of him.

In other news, crowd in attendance is gonna witness a murder when Masada takes on Spike Dudley. I'm intrigued to see this match. Nothing like seeing Spike getting tossed around by the Ultraviolent Beast himself in a NHB match no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.