Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 04-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #124 (permalink)
Brandon_Brownson
Learning to break kayfabe

Brandon_Brownson 101 - 250Brandon_Brownson 101 - 250
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

Alright, I think I'm long overdue to leave you a full review, so let's do this. As always, I'll be reviewing as I read, so if I mention something that ends up getting answered later in the show... well, yeah.

First off, it took some balls to have Shawn come out and give a sincere apology, but between how he did it and the fact that Shawn was the one who did it, it worked. Not a lot of people on the roster would be willing to come out and do something like that, but Shawn's one of the few I could see that happening with, so kudos there. It felt a little strange having Joe come out and speak his piece, but it was done well, and I could see this being the feud to take Joe to the main event. Having Joe bring up the Montreal Screw Job was hands down the highlight of this segment. To be honest, that didn't even occur to me when I read last week's show, but now that I've noticed it, it's so... perfect! Bringing up the contract clause was a good move, too, because that kind of got lost in the shuffle for me. I'm interested in seeing where you go with this one, mate! You haven't disappointed yet, and I'm not expecting you to disappoint here.

I'm happy that Punk won, but I'm also happy that you gave Shelton a really good showing. Having American Made interfere and cost Shelton the match does kind of hurt Punks credibility, but he's at a point where it's not going to hurt him much, compared to Shelton going over clean, which would have hindered him quite a bit. While I'm hoping that WGTT sticks around for awhile, at some point I can see Shelton being kind of a Benoit or a Guerrero- the main event technical guy. I definitely see singles gold, maybe even a world title run, in his AOW future if he keeps performing like this!

I'm kind of curious who this new guy is that you're advertising. The only person I could think it could be is one of the Colon's, but I know that Carlito's going to be hurt for awhile... are you possibly bringing in Primo? Interested in seeing where your going with this.

Seeing Doane get dissed by Jericho and Lashley does kind of bother me, because Doane has been little more than a joke, but I still see good things in his future. It's only going to be a matter of time before he has a complete attitude change and makes the rest of the roster regret underestimating him.

A triple threat between Star, Danielson and Gibson for the Cruiserweight title... that's a match I'm looking forward to seeing! The little brawl was a good little touch. Wasn't necessary, but at the same time it gives Gibson a little more heat going into the match, so good move.

...and just like that, my expectations for Doane have started to be met. I can see Doane feuding with Low Jack being a good lower card feud, and I can see Doane going over Low Ki being pretty big for his rise up the card, if that's the route you end up going.

Man, the end of that main event was quite a cluster fuck. On one hand, I'd like to think that due to how ridiculous the ending was, the stipulation will be null and void, but at the same time, that would kind of hurt the match and, to an extent, the company. I really don't know how to feel about it, to be quite frank, because on one hand, it makes Jericho even more of a heel, but on the other hand, this hurts RVD to no end if the stipulation is still in place. I'm intrigued to see where you go with this, but I'm kind of nervous at the same time.

All in all, I kind of feel like there could have been a little bit more done with this show, and I'm iffy about the main event, but it was another good show all in all. I'm hoping that the Cruiserweight title match is absolutely breath taking (I'm positive that you're NOT going to let me down, of course, but I can't help but have the concern with a match of this magnitude), and very interested in seeing what unfolds for the AOW World Title's future.
Brandon_Brownson is offline   Reply With Quote