Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #123 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“The End is Nigh”

**UPDATED**

Quote:
“The Fight Song” by Marilyn Manson vignette

(Whispers)

Fight…

RVD leaps for a Frog Splash…

Fight…

HBK cocks back, Sweet Chin Music ready…

Fight…

Finlay and Joe go at it on the balcony…

Fight…

Chris Jericho’s silhouette is highlighted…

*Opening guitar riff*

You'll never grow up to be a big rock star

The camera goes from the ground up to the face of Paul Wright in his debut Week 3

Celebrated victim of your fame

Shawn Michaels comes down the ramp, pumped up from the main event of Week 1

Just cut our wrists like cheap coupons

Christian searches for his peeps from Week 5

And say that "death was on sale today"

Bryan Danielson raises his hand, singing his theme from Week 4

*Upped tempo, heavier sound*

And when we were good

Jack Evans’ double moonsault from Week 1

You just close your eyes

Aero Star, Psicosis, and Super Crazy perform a Triple Asai Moonsault from Week 14

So when we are bad

Paul Wright chokeslams Michaels through the table from the Supershow

We'll scar your minds

A replayed shot of Shelton Benjamin German suplexing Paul London off the ladder from Week 4

Fight!

SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!

Fight!

WARRIOR’S WAY!!!

Fight!

MUSCLE BUSTER!!!

Fight!

SPEAR THROUGH THE TABLE!!

Fight!

CHOKESLAM!!!

Fight!

WORLD’S GREATEST DOOMSDAY DEVICE!!

Fight!

619!!!

Fight!

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

*Final cymbal crash*

Chris Jericho holds the AOW World title high in the air

Coming out of the revamped opening vignette, the entire Hammerstein is buzzing yet again, filled to the brim for the umpteenth week in a row. The crowd is ready for what should be a HUGE night for better or worse, but to kick things off, we get a huge mixed reaction, as “SEXY BOY” goes off of the sound system, harkening the arrival of only one man – Shawn Michaels comes down the ramp, cowboy hat on and all. He has the hat lowered over his face so we can’t see it much, Michaels not looking up except to leap onto the apron and climb in the ring.

Shawn Michaels:
Last week, I guess I got called out.

~Michaels pauses and adjusts his cowboy hat, still not looking up

Shawn Michaels
:
I’m not exactly proud of the things I did over the last month or so to even get put in that spot, but…

~Michaels stops a little to take in some of the heat being thrown at him. He pauses again when a “YOU SCREWED ROB!! YOU SCREWED ROB!!” chant starts up

Shawn Michaels
:
But I’m not sorry.

~Michaels finally lifts his head to a bit of buzz

Shawn Michaels
:
Rob Van Dam – you and I don’t exactly have the highest regards of each other, but you’re a fantastic competitor. I’m not sorry for what I had to do, but in a way, I guess I might be sorry that it had to be you.

~A little more uneasy heat

Shawn Michaels
:
I know that disappoints some of you, but Rob…Rob I don’t hate you. I don’t respect you. I just acknowledge what you’re capable of. But what I hate the most is this idea that you’ve generated that you’re the blood that flows through AOW. That ‘RVD is AOW’.

~A little more uneasy heat now for the gradually getting more animated HBK

Shawn Michaels
:
To put it bluntly, I think that’s a load of crap.

~Unmuzzled heat now

Shawn Michaels
:
And of course, I’m gonna get booed for saying that. No one here wants me to talk bad about you, but that’s the thing, Rob. I’m not talking bad about you. I’m simply speaking the truth. The hard truth that you have to accept is your ego is gettin’ on up to the level of certain people we used to work with.

~HBK breaks the fourth wall a bit, staring directly into the camera on that one

Shawn Michaels
:
But see, there’s a hard truth that I’m gonna have to accept as well. I’m gonna have to accept that whether or not I think it’s a load of crap that you think you are AOW, these people here accept it, these people here believe it, and these people here will always love you for it.

~An uneasy pop, but a pop nonetheless. Is HBK leading us all on…?

Shawn Michaels
:
So when I say I didn’t come out here to throw some salt on that wound right before your big match tonight, you know it’s the truth. And to be fair, if the boos are gonna keep comin’, let’em come, because I’d be booing me too.

~A few more boos are sprinkled in, but not as strong

Shawn Michaels
:
What I did was despicable. I sold myself to Chris Jericho’s plan because I was a desperate man. I shot myself in the foot, an’ I was tryin’ to walk it off. So Rob, from the bottom of my heart, I just want you to know that we’re not the best of friends…but you deserved better from me. Mick Foley expected better from me. And these people certainly deserved and expected better from me.

~Michaels is on his knees now, almost in a prayer position

Shawn Michaels
:
So from the bottom of my heart, Rob…I guess what I’m tryin’ to say is…I’m sorry.

~A bit of buzz from the crowd

Shawn Michaels
:
Now I know me saying that doesn’t give you the AOW Championship you earned last Sunday. I know me saying that doesn’t go back in time and all that, but what I can do is let you come out here when I know you’re all fired up for your title match tonight and just let me have it. Just come on out here and rip into the Heart Break Kid because you know you wanna.

Michaels has to shout this now, because the crowd is beginning to roar at the idea of Van Dam getting his hands on Michaels, however voluntarily. Michaels throws his hat off and awaits a beatdown. But instead of RVD walking out, we get “MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT” blaring over the sound system to a huge pop in its own right, as Samoa Joe comes on down to the ring. Michaels hastily makes it to his feet and grips his microphone hard upon seeing the man who showed his ‘displeasure’ last week

Joe:
Come on now, Shawn. You’re a better man than that. As much as I wanna see it and as much as you deserve it, what’s RVD coming out here crackin’ you a good one gonna do about that AOW Championship?

Shawn Michaels:
I don’t know, Joe, but I don’t see why that’s any business of yours.

~“Oooooh”

Joe:
You don’t see how that’s any business of mine?

Shawn Michaels:
Did you not hear me?

Joe:
No, Shawn, you obviously didn’t hear me loud and clear last week when I drove your head into the ground when the show was over.

~A big pop for this

Joe:
Oh, and for those of you who haven’t seen it or for you guys like me who just wanna see it again, or if you’re like Shawn here and have apparently forgotten –

Joe waves his arm towards the stage, where we see the big circular screen light up, the video taking over the TVs at home. We’re brought back to the conclusion of Oblivion last week, where RVD, Samoa Joe, and Shawn Michaels were the last men remaining in the ring. A time skip splice shows Joe asking RVD to go to the back, while Joe stays and prevents Michaels from leaving, leading up to Joe leading the crowd into a “YOU SCREWED ROB!” chant. When Michaels tries to leave again, he slaps Joe across the face, only for Joe to retaliate by delivering an Island Driver that, as Joe said, drives Michaels’ head right into the mat.

We cut back to the live-action arena, the crowd popping for that display

Joe:
So tell me again how this is none of my business?

Shawn Michaels:
Look, Joe, I get that you’re upset. You feel like I did a friend of yours wrong, and I completely understand that. But the only person that I did that wrong to was Rob Van Dam. And so the only guy whose business it is regarding that is Rob Van Dam and only Rob Van Dam.

~A bit more ‘oooh’s going around now, Joe rubbing his chin with an open palm

Joe:
“Did wrong”? Is that all you’re calling it, Michaels? Because the evidence seems overwhelming to me – it was a premeditated dirty deal that no matter what RVD would’ve done, he would’ve lost. I’d calling that being screwed. You screwed Rob. You screwed Rob.

~The crowd is quick to catch onto Joe’s delivery of the phrase, who begin chanting those very words. Michaels looks around the arena and takes it in, while Joe stands with his arms open for Michaels to take in even more

Joe:
They saw what I saw, Shawn. It’s all right there on the table. And no amount of ‘I’m sorry’s or apologetic beatdowns are gonna change that. But then again, I guess if we all know our history, Shawn Michaels screwing people over isn’t exactly anything new.

~“Oooooh”. Michaels takes is no longer staring at Joe with slight annoyance, but we can tell that it’s developing into contempt

Shawn Michaels:
Don’t open that can of worms –

Joe:
Oh, too bad. Let’s open it up and dig in. We all know what happened. Ten years ago, Shawn Michaels pulled the biggest political plays in all of professional wrestling. And just like last Sunday night, Shawn Michaels pulled some strings and had no real problem screwing over a guy who was simply better than him.

~The crowd is showing a bit of unrest, as Joe looking very intensely at Michaels, who is staring right back

Joe:
So Shawn, not only are you not a stranger to screwing guys over, but you’re also no stranger of pulling some strings backstage to get exactly what you want.

~Michaels seems to be boiling here

Shawn Michaels
:
Before you go on anymore, bub, you’d better listen to me.

Joe:
Shawn, I’m done liste –

Shawn Michaels:
I SAID LISTEN. TO. ME.

~The boiling Michaels appears to be boiling over, getting dangerously close to Joe’s face. Joe doesn’t even flinch

Shawn Michaels
:
Now see here. The first thing I said when I came to AOW was that this was my clean slate. I know good and damn well I’ve done some pretty terrible things in the past. But I’m a changed man, and I’ve been a changed man for several years now, actually. But people like you can’t let things go. I came here to AOW to start all over again. To show that good ol’ Haitch – Bee – Kay is still alive an’ kickin.

~A big pop for this

Joe:
That’s all good and well. Actually, I can respect that, Shawn. And maybe you’re right, the past is the past and it should stay that way. But I can’t help but factor in the idea that the biggest political play in professional wrestling wasn’t in 1997. It happened before you even stepped into AOW with your ‘clean slate’.

~The crowd buzzes, wondering what he’s talking about

Joe:
Last week when Chris Jericho was going over his plans, he revealed something that I thought kind of got lost a little in the shuffle. Between Jericho unveiling his schemes and you screwing over Rob, I’m not sure if many people caught why you did it.

~Michaels’ stoic expression now starts turning the apologetic shade we saw for most of last week

Joe:
Chris Jericho held up your contract, Shawn. He said there was a clause in it that said if you didn’t win the AOW Championship in the year 2007, you’d lose the ability to compete.

~Michaels can no longer look at Joe, opting now to look away, his face completely turning apologetic

Joe:
Now what that says to me, Shawn, is that that’s a big slap in the face to all of us who came here and expected everyone to have to fight their way to the top when it’s written in ink that you already had a step ahead of everybody.

~Michaels runs his hands through his hair, taking out the ponytail that was there

Joe:
You made a deal with Chris Jericho that if you helped him retain that title, he’d give you a title shot. And the only reason why you’re in this ring with these crocodile tears is because Jericho took back his word. You trusted the devil and the devil lies, Shawn. So now you’re out here trying to make nice so Foley or Heyman or whoever will feel sorry for you and maybe give you that shot.

~Michaels dips out of the ring now, to a growing amount of heat for each step he takes towards the ramp

Joe:
You can run, but the true reality is, Shawn, that you’re no better. You said you wanted a clean slate, and you lied. You’re no better than Jericho or Lashley or anyone else who’s here and trying to get ahead on their name.

~Joe leans on the top rope now, pointing at Michaels, who is going up the ramp, hands in his hair

Joe:
Shawn Michaels, you’re scum. Just like Jericho and his cronies are scums. And no matter what happens in the main event tonight, I just want all of you scum to know that Samoa Joe is going on a hunt. Joe’s coming for all the scum. And he’s gonna clean shit up.

“MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT” goes out over the speakers now, as Joe sends the crowd into another surprised frenzy here, some taken aback by his choice of expletives, but many others at the notion that Samoa Joe is going on the prowl. Joe is left to look at Shawn Michaels cloak himself behind the AOW blood-red curtain as he leans on the top rope and stares daggers from his leaning position on the ropes. On that image, we’re finally brought to the ever present voices of Joey Styles and JBL.

Joey Styles:
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, I’m Joey Styles alongside my broadcast partner John “Bradshaw” Layfield, back here for what could be the most monumental main event in all of AOW Oblivion history, but what a vicious announcement just now from the lips of Samoa Joe.

JBL:
If I were Chris Jericho and the Worthy Legion, one man isn’t gonna do anything to the army that they have an’ I wouldn’t even worry. But if Joe makes good on comin’ after Shawn Michaels, if that footage he showed is any kind of indication, it’s “Mr. Clean Slate” who’s gonna have problems.

Joey Styles:
Indeed, Samoa Joe essentially telling us all that he’s prepared to go on the hunt and come after those who are here on their name alone, very similar to Christian Cage’s personal campaign, but Joe seems to have concrete evidence instead, but alas, ladies and gents, the reason Joe is going on that hunt is because of what happened last Sunday at World Ablaze where Rob Van Dam was cost his shot at the AOW title by not just apparently Shawn Michaels, but also the likes of Bobby Lashley aiding Chris Jericho.

JBL:
It was what it was, Joey, but that leads us to tonight!

Joey Styles:
Indeed it does, because tonight, our own General Manager Mick Foley is gonna be the man in zebra stripes and calling the shots in Jericho and RVD’s rematch! But the stakes are incredibly high after the dust settled last week, with the added stipulation that the loser not only forfeits all rights to challenge for the AOW Championship, but also EVERY championship in AOW! We have a huge night ahead of us, folks, so you don’t wanna miss!

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we’re brought back to the AOW stage, “MISERE CANTARE – THE BEGINNING” begins to blare across the arena to a great deal of approval, as CM Punk comes on down the ramp and into the ring still carrying the briefcase that was given to him by Lance Storm. Punk totes it all the way down to the ring and tells the timekeeper to ‘guard it with your life’ before pandering to the crowd a little bit, at one point even throwing his hands in the air and shouting “street rat!” to get a pop.

“WORLD’S GREATEST” hums now, as the ever respectful Shelton Benjamin comes on down the aisle, his half of the AOW Tag Team Championships around his waist. Coming along with him is Charlie Haas, who is wearing his as well, Haas wearing a t-shirt, but otherwise is in wrestling trunks himself. Haas and Benjamin do a special handshake before Benjamin hops up into the ring, flashing his title for all to see. Benji hops off the top rope and sets his sights not on the money Hassan has promised, but instead Punk himself for the title shot that’s been promised.

OPENING CONTEST
*Muhammad Hassan Bounty Challenge*
CM Punk
v.
AOW Tag Team Champion Shelton Benjamin w/Charlie Haas

Punk and Benjamin start things with a respectable handshake before backing away to their respective corners, Haas hanging on the bottom rope a little bit and peering in. Punk and Benji circle the ring for a second before fully locking up, neither man able to get an advantage on the other. This lasts for a few seconds until both men realize they’re completely stalemating before unlocking, separating, stepping back, and going for it again. This time when they lock up, Punk gets the slight upper hand, able to whip Benjamin into the opposite ropes. On the rebound, Benjamin forces Punk down with a shoulder block before rebounding off the ropes beside him, Punk lying flat, and Benjamin trotting over him and rebounding again. Benjamin now rushes back towards a standing Punk, who performs a flawless hip toss. Benjamin is quick to recover from this blip, however, bringing both men to their feet, where they mirror image each other by both swinging for roundhouse kicks, but they quickly realize the other is going for the same thing and back away a little bit, both men at an early stalemate it seems.

The crowd acknowledges this, giving both men a pause button here, allowing Punk to play with his taped wrists a bit and Benjamin to fix a knee pad. When both men are good and ready to go again, they appear to go back for the lock up, but Benjamin displays his amateur prowess here and shoots a double leg takedown on Punk that forces Punk to all fours. Benjamin is floating over Punk at this point, grabbing between his legs and leaping over him, pulling him over for an Oklahoma roll and the first fall of the match - 1…2…NO!! Punk manages to throw his legs up and out of the grip, getting him to roll to his feet, but as he does, he’s met with a hard Benjamin clothesline that leads to another, but Punk manages to duck underneath a third one and grapple Benjamin from behind, pushing him into the ropes for a victory roll – 1…2…NO!! Benjamin is able to throw Punk off of his body, which sends Punk jogging into the ropes in front of him. As Punk turns around to meet Benjamin, he’s met with a clock to the face with straight vertical leaping elbow!! The sheer athleticism of Benjamin on display here, the leap looking even better with Benjamin scrunching his body to look like he leapt an extra foot. Benjamin covers Punk once more – 1…2…3-NO!! Punk with life!

Benjamin watches as Punk gets to his feet and is calculating something, but just as the tag champ approaches Punk, the Chicago native knocks a blow to Benjamin’s stomach before getting up, brining Benjamin on his shoulders with him already looking for the GTS, but Benjamin easily slides off and behind Punk, who turns right around into a roundhouse from Benjamin, but Punk ducks at the very last minute, allowing him to catch Benjamin spinning back around with a swinging neckbreaker! Punk now with a quick cover attempt – 1…2…NO!! Benjamin able to keep things going here, making Punk reassess things. As Benjamin gets to his feet, Punk attempts another lock up of sorts, Benjamin getting the upper hand and forcing Punk over with a headlock takeover. Punk immediately scissors Benjamin’s head and forces both men to start over, back to their feet, Benjamin getting another headlock takeover, Punk forcing the scissors so that they have to start all over again. When both men rise to their feet this time, Benjamin geos in for the headlock once more, but Punk surprise him and everybody by pulling a step-up enzeguiri out of thin air!! Benjamin’s eyes glaze over as Punk covers – 1…2…3-NO!!

Punk unable to get things on the surprise attempt, a tad frustrated, but brings Benjamin to his feet anyway, striking him once for good measure before whipping him into the corner. Punk takes a moment to readjust his tights before running at Benjamin looking for the high corner knee, but Benjamin has him scouted somewhat and bows out of the corner at the last minute, forcing Punk to leap onto the second rope to avoid crashing is groin into the iron post. As Benjamin treads away, he looks up and back only to see Punk flying back at him with a flying crossbody!! Punk apparently crashes bodies with Benjamin, only to have Benjamin roll back up and over with Punk, turning it into a Samoan drop!!! A ridiculously nifty counter there, but Benjamin’s still feeling that enzeguiri to the point where he can’t cover Punk immediately.

While both men lie already having taken some big blows there, the crowd is either starting to try and get both men into this or they’re just popping for the carnage. Either way, Benjamin is the first man to recover, Punk having to use the ropes to reach a base. Benjamin goes over to Punk on the ropes and picks him off and delivers a CHOP(Wooooo!) for measure, but Punk fights back with a hard right. Benjamin answers that with a hard right as well, both men trading blows back and forth until Benjamin seems to be pulling away, knocking Punk off balance with a series of forearm strikes, forcing him up against the ropes again. Benjamin slings Punk across the ring only for Punk to kick him in the face as he lowers his head on the rebound. Punk then backpedals off the ropes and goes rushing back towards Benjamin, but on that rebound, Benji catches Punk in the Exploder suplex position and even lifts Punk a bit, but Punk jumps out to the side, delivers a quick back kick to Benjamin’s midsection, and gets the double underhooks in, but before he can flip him, Benjamin struggles enough that he counters with a back body drop, only for Punk to grab onto Benjamin’s waist as he goes down, turning it into a sunset flip pin! The flurry of counters gets Punk another count – 1…2…3-NO!!

Benjamin rolls himself out of the move, forcing Punk to roll back as well. As Punk charges back, the tag champ lies flat and forces Punk to fly over him and rebound again, only for Benjamin to get up and leapfrog Punk on that rebound, forcing Punk to rebound again. This time, while Punk is running, Benjamin rebounds off the ropes as well, sending both men towards each other…DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!! DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!! The extremely momentous double bump absolutely decapitates both men, leaving them completely flatlined and sending the crowd into a tizzy. Punk momentarily chokes up to show the damage as we briefly cut away.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we’re back from the break, we’re immediately brought into an ongoing action scene, with Benjamin rebounding off the ropes and towards a prone Punk, but the Straight Edge enthusiast ducks as Benjamin flies towards him, prompting Benjamin to fly over him and protectively towards outside, but Benjamin grips onto the top rope before flying completely over, skinning the cat to get back inside, his legs capturing Punk on the way back up. Punk shoves the headscissors off of him, forcing Benjamin onto the apron. The two go back and forth for a bit trying to knock the other one off or back, only for Benjamin to knee Punk in the gut and bring him from the ring all the way to the floor with a suplex to the outside!! Punk’s spine crunches off the padded outside, even Haas reacting to that one by inhaling through puckered lips.

Benjamin hasn’t dropped from the apron, however, having dropped Punk at an angle that left him hanging on the apron. As Punk tries to recover holding his back, Benjamin runs and leaps off the apron towards Punk with a flying apron clothesline, but Punk ducks underneath the lariat. Benjamin shows off his great balance by landing on his feet, but he’s immediately rocked off of them by being nailed by a roundhouse right to the temple!! Benjamin twirls and goes face down into the outside, Punk having to lean on the barricade from the momentum of the swing, as well as further gathering himself from the suplex. The referee is executing the count out, but Punk takes the limp body of Benjamin and rolls it back into the ring, still taking some time to tend to his back. Punk pulls up to the apron and lies in wait for Benjamin to get to his feet, which he finally does after much cobweb shaking, only to be hit by a Punk springboard clothesline!! The crowd pops for Punk as he goes for the big cover – 1…2…3…NO!!! One half of the Tag Team Champions keeps himself in contention for a Dynasty title shot!

Punk has to lean on the ropes a little from the hits he’s taken and to rethink things through against Benjamin here. Punk clasps his fingers and twirls his wrist, showing he might be going for something and awaiting Benjamin to get to his feet. When he finally does, Punk drops him with a urange and tries to lock in the Anaconda Vice, but Benjamin wraps some headscissors on Punk and forces him back, not being able to synch in the hold completely. Punk is forced to stop trying and instead tries to jackknife over Benjamin for a cover – 1…Benjamin quickly transitions out of this by grappling Punk’s midsection and twirling him around, brings his back towards him before nailing a flawless German suplex!! Punk’s body folds over itself as Benjamin leaps onto Punk’s prone body – 1…2…3-NO!! Punk keeps his money and hopes live!

Benjamin shakes his head a little, his mouth agape in approaching exhaustion , but he grapples Punk and brings him to his feet only to chunk him into a corner and take a few steps back. He rushes towards Punk now and nails a stinger splash, sandwiching Punk’s body between his own and the steel ring post. Punk stumbles out of the corner a little before stumbling to the canvas, while Haas says something to Benjamin from outside about “ending it now”. Benjamin nods his head and stands behind Punk, stalking him for his finisher, but the crowd is beginning to buzz. That’s because it seems like Jack Hagar has come down the ramp and assaulted Charlie Haas from behind, Nick Nameth not too far behind him. Benjamin turns his head to see what all the buzz is about to see his partner being beaten down.

Benjamin is on the verge of stepping out of the ring to stop this, but the referee cuts in front of him and tells him to go back to his match before telling American Made to get the hell out of here. Nameth and Hagar look square at Benjamin and jeer before they shake hands, openly mocking the WGTT’s sign of respect. As Benjamin’s now vexed expression tries to focus back on his match, Punk is on his feet, possibly not knowing what was going on just now, but hoists Benjamin on his shoulders, only for Benjamin to fight his way off once more. The tag champ slips off onto his feet, which go towards Punk for a superkick, but Punk catches Benji’s leg, only to throw it around and Benjamin come back for the Dragon whip, but as Benjamin turns, he rotates right onto the shoulders of Punk who wastes no time this time…GTS!! GTS connecting!! Benjamin drops like a stone and Punk covers – 1…2…3…!!!

Winner: CM Punk at (12:43)

Punk keeps his gold, and holds off the Dynasty Championship shot he wants for another day, much to the chagrin of the WGTT. Punk doesn’t seem to be aware of the shenanigans that occurred while he was down, perhaps taking note when he catches a glimpse of Nameth and Hagar heading back up the ramp smiling and having a laugh at the failure they provoked in Benjamin. Benjamin, and soon following Punk, ventures outside the ring to help the battered Haas to his feet, the WGTT looking on vengefully up the ramp at their #1 contenders

JBL:
That’s sickening. That’s just absolutely sickening.

Joey Styles:
I agree, partner. A great contest between two gifted competitors tainted by the fact that American Made continues to show the disrespect the World’s Greatest Tag Team says they do.

JBL:
No, you goon. I’m talkin’ about CM Punk obviously using the glory boys, American Made, as a distraction because he couldn’t beat Shelton Benjamin the right way.

Joey Styles:
…what?

JBL:
An’ on top of that, I think I lost a little respect for the World’s Greatest Tag Team, too. They sit there an’ say they only face opponents they have respect for. How can you respect a guy like CM Punk when he uses people as distractions?

Joey Styles:
Oh, right, CM Punk and the Tag Team Champions are the real bad guys here. What does that make American Made? The victims?

JBL:
Absolutely. They were doin’ exactly what they were supposed to be doin’ an’ that’s gettin’ a first-hand look at the guys they’ll be facing for those titles. It’s not their fault the World’s Greatest were distracted an’ it wasn’t their fault CM Punk used them just to hold onto that money that ain’t even his.

Joey Styles:
Oh, and I suppose they didn’t lay a finger on Charlie Haas. I guess he must’ve just tripped and fallen.

JBL:
An’ American Made was jus’ tryin’ to help him to his feet. Granted, they were a little rough, but they were bein’ good American citizens an’ helpin’ him out.

Joey Styles:
Y’know Bradshaw, you just may be the happiest guy I’ve ever met.

JBL:
Well thank you, Joey. I don’t see what that has to do with any of this, but I appreciate you actually taking in my positive outlook on this terrible situation.

Joey Styles:
Yeah, well, you know. Ignorance truly is bliss.

~Backstage…

Muhammad Hassan is in the backstage area, watching a TV screen of Punk walking away from the ring and up the ramp, his briefcase full of money still intact and under his ownership. Hassan looks on with the same bitter expression he always seems to have, the AOW Dynasty title around his waist not enough to offset it. He turns around to see a man in a suit with a clipboard for the second week in a row…

Hassan:
Can I help you?

Man in Suit:
Mr. Hassan, these are the transaction papers you requested.

Hassan:
Yeah. I did. But I signed some last week.

Man in Suit:
Our records showed you requested more than one.

Hassan looks on a bit confused but takes the pen and paper and signs the form anyway, shoving it back into the hands of the bank man, who grabs the clipboard and gets on out of the frame

---

Still backstage, where we can see Samoa Joe again, this time holding up what looks to be punching pads of sorts on both of his arms. The pads are being hit pretty hard by someone we can’t see until we pan out and see clearly that it’s Rob Van Dam, tearing into them with hard punches and kicks, igniting a pop from the crowd as they look at the screen

Joey Styles:
Well there you see Rob Van Dam furiously throwing those blows to prepare him for the most dire consequences match of his career when he takes on Chris Jericho for the AOW Championship, the loser of that match loses the right to fight for any AOW Championship ever! That’s coming up in our main event.

Quote:
**Video Package**

We’re brought to the scene of a gorgeous beach, waves crashing in and out along the shore. It seems to be early morning, the sun just beginning to peek over the clouds. Playing over this scene is a very tropical, Hispanic beat, but it’s not too upbeat. We go to another scene along the beach getting a great shot of the skyline of what looks like a city on the coast. We see a building that’s flying what looks to be the Puerto Rican flag before we return to the beach scene where we see there is a figure in a lounge chair on the sands, simply sitting back underneath an umbrella. We get closer to the individual, but we cannot see his face, only his hand which is holding a cigar. The man is, oddly, wearing a very nice jacket while lounging on the beach. He reaches in said jacket and pulls out an American half-dollar coin, flipping it in the air…

As he does so, the tropical backdrop seems to fade into a solid black background, the tropical music getting even slower as the coin is seen falling in slow motion, slowly descending towards a now abyss backdrop. As the coin spins beautifully, we get an underneath shot of it before the coin hits a clear floor, possibly plastic or just glass. The coin flips over itself on the inertia of finally hitting the ground. But as soon as it stops it’s teetering, we don’t even get to see which side it landed on. The screen goes dark, the tropical music completely stops, leaving the only sound we hear being the crashing waves on the shore with only three words appearing on the screen –

“QUIEN SOY YO…?”

**End Package**
**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break, greeted with the image of AOW Champion Chris Jericho, alongside him being Lashley and Wright, the rest of the “Worthy Legion”, apparently in a locker room somewhere. Lashley is in wrestling gear, while Wright looks as unmoving as he always does. Jericho is in a suit, but looks to be taking it off to prepare for his title match just on the horizon

Lashley:
So, Jericho, do you want us to go over any last minute provisions…?

Chris Jericho:
No, Lashley. All that is to be done is done. All that’s left is execution. Tonight, it’s just Rob Van Dam. Tomorrow…all of AOW.

~Jericho smirks as he removes his tie from around his collar, Lashley smirking back. As Jericho prepares to remove his jacket, Ken Doane barges into the scene, a big excited grin on his face…

Doane:
Mr. Jericho! I came to you as soon as I could.

Chris Jericho:
And why would you want to do that, Kenny? Can I call you Kenny?

~Doane doesn’t seem to acknowledge the name

Doane:
Well, see you’ve completely inspired me to change my entire outlook on who I am. I’m here to make an impact and to spread my word the same way that you are. And I would be honored if you accepted me into the Worthy Legion.

~Lashley and Jericho look at one another for a moment before Jericho turns back to Doane

Chris Jericho:
I appreciate you wanting in on this, Kenny, but right now…you’re just not Worthy material.

~The smile drops from Doane’s face

Doane:
Why not?

Chris Jericho:
First of all, Kenny – you haven’t even won a match since you’ve been in AOW. At that, you’ve lost every match you’ve had in AOW in pretty convincing fashion. Get some wins and maybe, just maybe I’ll consider you.

~Doane takes that in and nods his head before leaving the area, Jericho and Lashley somewhat chuckling to themselves at that pathetic attempt

We remain backstage to see the sight of AOW Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson walking out of a door that reads “Foley”. Danielson is holding his title in his hands before throwing it around his shoulder and brushes his hand through his hair before someone approaches him and grabs him by the shoulder with a big grin on his face –

Jamie Noble:
How you don’ there, partner?

Danielson:
I’m not your partner, Noble.

~Danielson seems very much annoyed

Jamie Noble:
Of course you’re not. I hope that’s what Mick Foley was jus’ tellin’ you. Next week, we’re not partners. We’re opponents, baby!

Danielson:
Yeah, I know.

Jamie Noble:
But not only are we gonna be wrestlin’, we’re gonna be wrestlin’ for that there AOW Cruiserweight Championship! Finally, them higher ups realize I’m for real!

Danielson:
He just told me. But you know…he also told me that it wasn’t just a one on one match.

~The goofy and confident smile fades quickly from Noble’s face

Jamie Noble:
Woh, what?

Danielson:
Yeah. He told me that it was gonna be me, Bryan Danielson, the American Dragon, the best wrestler in the world, the AOW Cruiserweight Champion –

Jamie Noble:
Get on with it.

~Danielson smiles at his now annoyance of Noble

Daneielson
:
He told me it was gonna be me…defending against you…and against Aero Star.

~There’s a big crowd pop heard beyond the walls

Jamie Noble:
WHAT?

~Danielson walks away from Noble with a half-smug, half-serious look on his face, but Noble pursues him and grabs his shoulder

Jamie Noble:
Hey, I ain’t done talkin’ to you yet, boy!

Danielson:
Yeah, well, I am. I’ll let my wrestling finish the talking next week.

Danielson turns back around and walks away from Noble, but he’s having none of it, dashing after Danielson again, this time clubbing him from behind with a blow to the back of the head!! Danielson goes down hard, his face making contact with the concrete beneath him. We can see that Danielson made impact right above what appears to be his left eye, causing him to clutch his eye and neck. Noble doesn’t stop there, pulling Danielson up and bashing him in the side of the face, assumingly right in his eye, which causes Danielson to backpedal. He tries to grab onto something, but winds up instead just knocking off a series of pipes off of the case they were sitting on.

Noble grabs a pipe and clutches it in his hands, awaiting Danielson to get to his feet, who is now clutching his left eye. We can see a bit of blood having opened above the eye, but Noble looks to want more, raising the pipe…but Danielson stops him! As the two have a tug of war over the pipe, Noble suddenly stops, as he’s looking up and staring in shock. Danielson stops struggling and looks up as well, only to see Aero Star on the very top of a stocking shelf. The two barely have time to brace themselves before Star leaps, eagle spread crossbody style, right on top of them!! Star rolls off, but he just hit concrete, maybe even falling on the pipe, while Noble and Danielson writhe and agony alongside him. We get a better look at Danielson’s steadily bleeding eye area as we cut away…

~Back at ringside…

“THE PROUD WARRIORS (LOW JACK REMIX)” is blaring over the sound system now, as Jack Evans and Low Ki come own down the ramp in their per usual fashion, Evans the one doing a jive all the way down the ramp, Ki allowing him to do so, only to grab him by the shoulder at the base of the ramp and stare at him sternly, not wagging his finger this time, but Evans gets the message as it is. It’s unclear which one of these guys has accepted Doane’s challenge until Evans leaps into the ring, leaving Ki outside.

Joey Styles:
Well folks, you just heard that right, uh, just announced we will be having a Cruiserweight Championship match just a few moments ago, but I think someone needs to get back there and check on the three guys who’re gonna be competing in that match next week.

JBL:
They’re grown men, Joey, they can help themselves. I think you jus’ wanna baby Bryan Danielson ‘cause he’s your favorite. He’s a champion, Joey. A full-fledged one at that. And now he’s gotta come to the fullest realization that the champion always has a target on his back.

Joey Styles:
We just saw evidence in that altercation backstage, both Noble and Star expressing their title hopes on the champion, those men having a heated rivalry thus far here in AOW, but right now in front of us we have another rivalry that Ken Doane has called ‘unfinished business’, with Doane looking to perhaps take out –

JBL:
He’s gonna take out the trash an’ show just how much of an Impact Player he really is! That’s what he’s gonna do to Jack Evans tonight!

“I AM THE FUTURE” now plays to a bit more heat than the last time we heard, as Ken Doane makes his way down the ramp looking like he did in his aohdubya.com video, his hooded vest with him and all. Doane throws it off as he gets into the ring, his demeanor being extremely focused, perhaps to prove himself worthy. He shows a tad of cocky flair when he steps in and taunts the crowd.

MATCH 2
Jack Evans w/Low Ki
v.
Ken Doane

Doane immediately shows off his new resolve by bullrushing Evans, taking him and driving him right into a corner, followed by heavy boots laying into Evans’ gut. Referee Goose Mahoney has to stop him at one point, but Doane doesn’t seem to care, going back to stomping on Evans, only to press his knee into his throat and lean in, forcing the ref to begin the DQ count. Doane eventually gets off, leaving Evans clutching his throat. Doane drags Evans out of the corner to get a cover – 1…NO! Evans quickly kicks out. Doane immediately grabs hold of Evan’s throat with a wraparound chin lock.

Doane keeps Evans here for a good bit, wearing him down, until Evans gets his wits about him enough to run straight towards a corner, propping his foot up, and shooting himself back, squashing Doane right beneath him as they come down. As soon as they hit the canvas, Doane lets go, as Evans rolls over the body of Doane and to his feet before executing a beautiful standing moonsault!! Evans now with the cover – 1…2…NO!! Doane still with some fight in him gets to his feet quickly, only to be met by an Evans dropkick that sends him backpedalling into a corner now. Evans makes some space between he and the corner clad Doane, closing that gap with a cartwheel back elbow smash!! The crowd lights up for that flashy and fancy move, prompting Doane to stumble out of the corner right into Evans, who greets him with a hurricanrana pin! Evans keeps Doane trapped beneath his legs – 1…2…3-NO!! Doane is able to make his way out!

Doane is getting taken for a ride now by Evans, who greets him with a pair of arm drags that scramble Doane’s head even more. As Doane looks to use the ropes to get to his feet, Evans rushes over and grabs his wrist, looking for the Irish whip, but it gets reversed. Evans is whipped instead, but ducks underneath a Doane clothesline on the rebound, leaping onto the second rope…springboard corkscrew moonsault press!! Doane is flattened beneath the spinning and ever energetic body of Jack Evans, prompting another cover – 1…2…3…NO!!! Doane doesn’t go down on that high octane offense, prompting much of the air to leave the crowd.

Even with Evans not being able to put Doane away here, he tries another whip into the ropes, getting that reversed again, Doane instinctively whipping Evans into the ropes. On the rebound, Doane lowers his head, only for Evans to jump over him and mule stomp him on his spine. As Doane rolls over to tend to his back, Evans points and ventures towards the top rope before making it there, the crowd now on their feet. Before Evans can leap, however, Doane springs to his feet and lowers the top rope, causing Evans to lose his balance and fall from his position.

As Evans goes tumbling down and recovers, he wanders right into Doane’s clutches, who takes him up in a backdrop that is transitioned into a neckbreaker drop. Instead of going for the cover here, Doane struggles to regain his composure, and then taunts the crowd a bit before going to the top rope himself, taking his time for some reason. When Evans sees how much time he’s taking, he pulls a page out of Doane’s book and tries to lower the top rope, but Doane sees it coming and leaps from off the top rope towards the canvas, front rolling to his feet. As that happens, Evans blindly rushes towards Doane, only for the Impact Player to spring up…RKODOANE!! RKODOANE!! Doane with the jumping cutter from out of nowhere covers center ring – 1…2…3…!!

Winner: Ken Doane at (4:29)

Doane won one! And he’s flipping out over it! Doane leaps into the air and pumps his fist, breaking his focused fighter mold he’d built just minutes before. Doane composes himself slightly only to poke at the crowd, and eventually Low Ki, who is seen trying to slide his tag team partner out of the ring. Doane then goes over to Mahoney and orders that he lift his hand, which the ref obliges to, sending Kenny D into yet another celebration.

Joey Styles:
Well, it may be a little bit excessive, but I will admit perhaps Ken Doane has the right to celebrate his first ever win here in AOW after several frustrating weeks.

JBL:
This ain’t a football field, Joey! You don’t get flagged for excessive celebration in a wrestling ring! Let the kid have his moment! Give it up for the future of AOW, Mr. Ken Doane, who has shown just how much of a fighter he is, how determined he is. He had all those losses and none of them stopped them from gettin’ the win tonight!

Joey Styles:
Calm down, Jibbles. Not to discredit Jack Evans in any way, but it was just a win over Jack Evans. There was no title or even title shot on the line, and no, this isn’t a football field, but you and Doane are going on as though he’d won the Super Bowl.

JBL:
And you’re being a hypocrite, Joey. It wasn’t that long ago that Bryan Danielson was holding his Cruiserweight Championship on our first ever Pay-Per-View an’ you were over here chirpin at the top of your lungs like a damn cheerleader. So don’t tell me I can’t at least give this hard workin’ young man a pat on the back. See how loud you’ll be chirpin’ next week when Danielson shows he’s a fluke an’ loses that title to Jamie Noble.

Joey Styles:
Oh, for Pete’s sake…

JBL:
Not Pete’s sake, Joey, AOW’s sake! With Doane’s win here tonight, paired with the fact that Chris Jericho is only one win away from establishing himself as a true visionary, the future of AOW is bright.

Joey Styles:
And speaking of which, coming up on the other side of the break ladies and gentlemen, we will indeed have a match with an insidious amount of combustible and unstable elements – General Manager Mick Foley will be the man in stripes between Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho, who will have what Foley called an ‘untainted’ rematch of our World Ablaze main event for the AOW Championship. All parties have been banned from ringside, but the loser of this match will forfeit any and all future title shots of not just the AOW title, but every title in AOW!

JBL:
That’s our main event, an’ it’s NEXT!!

Quote:
We reach a black screen, before lighting up with what seems like a very innocent Christmas-like image of a home covered in snow, Carol of the Bells chiming in the background before our first female narrator chimes in over it…

Narrator:
‘Twas the night after Christmas, and all through the home…

We actually get a look inside the house, which reveals a Christmas tree…ribbons replaced by barbed wire

Narrator:
Not a creature was spared a chair shot to the dome

The screen fades to shots of several chair shots to the skull thus far in AOW

Narrator:
Some things were hung by the chimney with care…

In perhaps a PR nightmare, a flash goes by of Finlay hanging Joe with the ring rope noose in their AOKO clash

Narrator:
In hopes better bosses might soon be there…

A brief shot now of Paul Heyman and Mick Foley nose to nose in silence

Narrator:
The Hammerstein faithful, mass and brutal as a mob

Shots of the cantankerous Ballroom crowd

Narrator:
Would carol along with each other, singing {/Joey Styles} “OH MY GAAD!!”

Styles’ voice goes over for a second, with a shot of Shawn Michaels going through the announce table

Narrator:
While some have been nice, others Scrooges, some seething

Respective shots go by of Bryan Danielson, Muhammad Hassan, and Chris Jericho

Narrator:
AOW would like to wish you all happy SEASON’S BEATINGS…

On that, the Carol of the Bells becomes the Trans-Siberian Orchestra variation, complete with electric guitars

~AOW: WEDNESDAY NIGHT OBLIVION PRESENTS~

!!A TWO-HOUR LIVE SPECIAL!!
SUPERSHOW II: A VERY MERRY WAR
December 26th, 2007
**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break and are immediately greeted with the sound of a bell ringing and an AOW Championship match graphic crawling over our screen

Tony Chimel:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall…and it is for the AAAAAAOOOOOHHHH-DOUBLE-UUUUUUUU CHAMP-IONSHIIIIP!!

~An absolutely WILD pop from New York

Not too long after that introduction, “WRECK” sends the crowd into a tizzy. Throwing aside the curtain and stepping on through is the man in charge himself, General Manager Mick Foley, dressed in his classic referee’s uniform, as he makes his way all the way down the ramp to an absolutely deafening roar, stepping into the ring and acknowledging his huge ovation

Tony Chimel:
Introducing the Special Guest Referee…MIIIICK FOLEEEEYYY!!!

Joey Styles:
Folks, we welcome you right back here to AOW Wednesday Night Oblivion where our main event is literally just moments away, but before we get to it, just confirmed by General Manager Mick Foley prior to this contest, that next week, we will have the second ever Lucky 13 Battle to determine who will become the next number one contender to the AOW Heavyweight Championship.

JBL:
The first one crowned a champion, so it’s only right that the next one determine who’s next in line.

Joey Styles:
That match coming because by the result of this match, neither one of these men will be able to have any kind of rematch under any other stipulations! So we’ve got a Lucky 13 AND a Cruiserweight Championship match next week, but an AOW Championship match RIGHT NOW!!

No sooner does those words exit Styles’ lips, “WALK” throbs it’s way over the sound system and around the arena which causes all in attendance to go absolutely nuts, Rob Van Dam stepping through the curtain to cause them to ignite even more. RVD raises his fists in the air and lets in the grand pop he’s getting, but the look on his face is not one of a crowd pleaser tonight. He’s focused and in the game, ready to take on the guy who has denied him at every turn in Chris Jericho.

Not long after RVD sets himself in the ring and shadow boxes a bit, the crowd turns into an arena full of heat-throwing missiles, as “KING OF MY WORLD” begins to play now, as the revamped theme for AOW Champion Chris Jericho, who comes on down the ramp with his ever present better-than-you walk, although beside him is Paul “The Great” Wright, hoodie up, head down, and trugging behind the only man who seems to be able to control him Lashley is nowhere to be seen. Already a scheme in the works…? Jericho takes in his heat with pride, only to step into the ring and go from confident to scowling not only at Rob Van Dam, but looking to his left and seeing Mick Foley.

MAIN EVENT
~AOW CHAMPIONSHIP~
*Loser can challenge for NO CHAMPIONSHIP in AOW*
SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: Mick Foley
Chris Jericho(c) w/Paul “The Great” Wright v. Rob Van Dam

Foley walks over to Jericho and tries to take the title from him, but Jericho refuses to let Foley touch it, taking it from around his waist himself and raising it over his head to a great deal of heat to show that this is for the AOW Championship. While he does so, Foley reaches up and snatches the title from its perch, Jericho looking back furiously, only to see Foley holding it high and officially confirming that this is an AOW Championship match to a huge pop, if for no other reason than to spite the hell out of Jericho. After Foley hands the title over to the timekeeper, Jericho is in a corner, pouting, but as Foley gets situated, RVD prepares to pounce, only for Jericho to hold out his hands and ask for Foley. The crowd throws heat at this, Foley going over to Jericho and asking ‘why’, only for Jericho to demand that Foley pat RVD down to make sure he’s not hiding anything.

Jericho slowly approaches the arms raised RVD for a second inspection, but RVD is having none of this nonsense early, as he immediately initiates a lock-up with Jericho, forcing him all the way into a corner. As Van Dam is being forced off by Foley, he takes a step back only to SLAP(Wooooo!) the chest of Jericho with an overhand that has Jericho cringing. RVD then takes Jericho and whips him into the opposite corner, Jericho’s spine hitting the post hard. Jericho dips between the ropes in the corner and begs for Foley to stop him, only for Foley to pay no real heed and lets RVD move on over to the cornered Jericho and try and untangle him, very much like at World Ablaze. After a moment of struggling, Foley finally intervenes and tells RVD to back off, Van Dam not letting any of his anger subside. The crowd pops as RVD is shown with an intense expression, watching Jericho closely as he makes it from between the ropes and back center ring.

When Foley asks Jericho if he’s good to continue, Jericho surprises RVD by responding with an immediate headlock, wrapped tight. RVD backs away into some ropes and tries to fling Jericho across the ring, but Jericho is having none of it, keeping his iron grip on RVD’s skull. Jericho is wrenching RVD’s head off now, Van Dam responding this time by lifting Jericho into the air for a backdrop counter, only for Jericho to roll forward in his own counter, keeping the headlock on RVD, but both men now on the ground. RVD is in worse position than before, his back on the canvas. Jericho has the headlock synched in ridiculously tight, as we can see RVD’s face starting to change color from the lack of oxygen.

But the educated feet of RVD soon come into play, as Van Dam has enough in him to lift his ever flexible body into position where he can kick Jericho in the back of the head repeatedly enough to soften Jericho up to let go of the hold. As Jericho gets to his feet, he grips the back of his head, only to be met with a rushing RVD. Jericho dodges him by lifting him up over his head, causing RVD to go onto the apron. The two go back and forth with blows until Jericho pulls away with repeat right hands and scores a TRIANGLE DROPKICK that sends RVD sprawling to the outside. Jericho stands tall and raises his arm to deafening heat before turning to Foley and ordering him to begin the count-out. Foley just tells Jericho that he knows how to do his job and that he should get off his back, to which Jericho says otherwise. Foley then gets in Jericho’s face and the two start an argument right in mid-match, the fans going crazy for it. The crowd then gets even louder when Foley seemingly bumps Jericho just enough to send Jericho falling through the middle ropes and to the outside. Foley shrugs his shoulders before now beginning the count –

…1!!

…2!!

…3!!

Jericho looks up at Foley with pure distain before venturing back over to Van Dam, only to get a jawbreaker for his troubles, forcing him to brace on the barricade. On the other side of the ring, Wright is now making his way over to his manager, RVD not noticing and going right back after Jericho with an attempted high boot.

…4!!

…5!!

Jericho dodges at the last second, causing RVD to be hung up on the barricade. Jericho dips back inside the ring, only to get back in Foley’s face…? We wonder why he’s stopping the count with his arguing, but then we see why when Wright has made his way to the tied up Van Dam and GIVES HIM THE KNOCKOUT PUNCH!!! Van Dam gets an incredibly glossed over look on his face as he falls flat back to the outside, the crowd delivering immense heat at this. Jericho seems aware when the attack is over, moving aside and letting Foley continue the count –

Foley doesn’t count! He peers to the outside and sees Wright standing nearby a now completely knocked out RVD. We see in his eyes putting two and two together…AND EJECTS WRIGHT!! Foley is kicking Wright out of the match! Wright shows the only other emotion we’ve seen him in besides ‘stoic’ and that’s ‘anger’, jumping up on the apron and is about to probably clock Foley in his face, but Jericho jumps in front of him and stops the beast, telling him to leave. Wright seemingly calms down on that, but still has an angry look on his face, now walking back up the ramp. Despite this, the damage appears to be done, as Jericho goes back outside the ring to grab hold of Van Dam and shove him back under the ropes and to the inside, Jericho covering Van Dam now –

1…

2…

3-NO!!!

VAN DAM IS ALIVE!! The very first pinfall attempt of the night is thwarted by RVD being able to get out of the giant’s clutches! Jericho doesn’t seem to believe that, but maybe he’s in disbelief that Foley was actually executing a fair count. Nonetheless, Van Dam is still at a big disadvantage, Jericho strikes RVD several times in the skull with hard right hands before bringing him to his feet and chunking him back between the middle ropes, leaving RVD dropping on the apron. Jericho tries once again with his TRIANGLE DROPKICK…NOBODY HOME!! RVD has enough in him to sidestep on the apron, leaving Jericho to be hung out to dry over the middle rope. RVD delivers a quick kick to Jericho’s rump, causing a pop and laughter to erupt from the crowd, Jericho still having his upper half hanging in the ring, his lower on the apron. Van Dam launches himself from the apron back into the ring over the top rope…AND COMES CRASHING DOWN WITH A LEGDROP ON THE BACK OF JERICHO’S HEAD!! A leapfrog leg drop over the rope that crunches Jericho’s elevated position back into the canvas causes him to fall completely back into the ring, as Van Dam gets a small breath of wind here, taking a moment to gather himself before pulling Jericho away from the ropes and covering –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Another near fall so early! The previous kicks to the back of Jericho’s head seem to come into play again, as Jericho is clutching the back of his skull in a very similar fashion as he did earlier. RVD is still feeling the blow from the giant moments ago, so it takes him a second to shake more cobwebs out of his head before lifting Jericho to his feet and Irish whipping him across the ring, but Van Dam gets a kick to the jaw when he lowers his head on the rebound. Jericho backpedals and rebounds off the ropes again, but this time he’s met with a Van Dam kick to the gut before RVD performs a split and hits Jericho with a THROAT THRUST. Jericho falls back with a flat bump as Van Dam covers once again –

1…

2…

NO!

Not as close this time, but RVD still seems to have an edge, although he still seems a bit out of it and not fully focused. Van Dam still shakes more cobwebs out before stomping on Jericho’s head for good measure, then brings him back to his feet, only for Jericho to greet him with a sharp CHOP(Wooooo!) that sends RVD back a bit before RVD responds with a hard right hand, sending Jericho teetering a bit. Jericho brings himself back and strikes RVD with a right, prompting some boos. RVD is knocked off balance with that, coming back at Jericho, the two now going back and forth, the crowd letting their voices be heard –

YAY!!

BOO!!

YAY!!

BOO!!

YAY!!

YAY!!
YAY!!

Van Dam begins to pull away now, knocking Jericho back several steps before running into the ropes and flying back towards the AOW Champion, but as Van Dam is rushing back, Jericho pulls one out of his ass by running back…ENZEGUIRI!! RUNNING ENZEGUIRI!! VAN DAM DROPS LIKE A STONE!! The sock to Van Dam’s head is now back in play, as Jericho now takes a moment to get himself back before crawling over to RVD, shooting the half, and covering –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Another near fall on Van Dam, Jericho looking at Foley and again arguing with the man in stripes. Foley just tells him to suck it up, which almost prompts Jericho to slap Foley, but he turns that aggression right back towards Van Dam, bringing him to his feet and suplexing him swiftly before trying again –

1…

2…

NO!

Not as close this time, but still frustrating enough for Jericho, who sits Van Dam up now and drives his knee into his spine while holding his chin back. RVD screams in pain, only for Jericho to keep the lock on, hoping to wear down the Whole F’n Show. Jericho tells Foley to “ASK HIM”, but Van Dam is simply refusing, the crowd edging him on to get out of the hold. Jericho keeps wrenching back in hopes of ripping RVD’s spinal column out of him, but Van Dam is able to make it to his feet and deliver repeat elbows to Jericho’s gut to make him release it, Van Dam rushing into the ropes once free, and crashes Jericho’s face with a hard SPINNING WHEEL KICK!!

Van Dam tumbles to his feet, Jericho making his way back up as well, only for Van Dam to rush back at Jericho…who delivers a headlock takedown, trapping RVD right back into the headlock he had earlier! Van Dam is a bit more wary of it this time, not staying in as long, but Jericho has it locked in very tight, not letting go. RVD makes it to his feet and pulls Jericho up with him, Van Dam momentarily falling to a knee. He quickly makes up for this by lifting Jericho into the air as if for a backdrop again, but instead lifts Jericho from the side and winds up throwing him on his shoulders in a fireman’s carry…STEAMROLLER!! STEAMROLLER!! Van Dam flattens Jericho! As RVD tumbles to his feet now, he gets a huge pop, which stops him in his tracks. He looks around at the crowd before throwing his hands up –

“ROB – VAN – DAM!”

RVD’s momentary lapse of psychology costs him, as it appears Jericho has rolled underneath the bottom rope and is on the outside now, forcing him to recuperate. RVD only looks on as he regains focus and hopes to keep his momentum going as we cut away.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we return from the break, we’re immediately greeted with the scene of Rob Van Dam being put in position on the top rope for what looks like a Superplex. We get a small feature showing us how this situation came to be, as during the commercial break, Van Dam missed his corkscrew legdop outside on Jericho, opening things up for his moment back in the ring. Jericho has thrown Van Dam’s arm over his head and is prepared to leap up and back, but Van Dam starts showing his fight and starts pounding Jericho’s ribs in retaliation. RVD eventually fights Jericho off enough to send him flying back down to the ring, but Jericho is wary of his position, and on his way down, brings the top rope with him, causing RVD to straddle himself on the iron post. As the arena echoes the pain induced in the Crown Jewel of ECW’s family jewels, Jericho quickly gathers himself and leaps onto the second rope, reaches up, and grabs RVD’s ponytail…SUPER ONE HANDED BULLDOG!! SUPER ONE HANDED BULLDOG!! RVD’s face is sent flat into the canvas, Jericho felling little of that one in his shoulder after landing flat on his back for the spot. Some in the crowd begin a sparse “Holy shit” chant, leaving Jericho to make his way over to the seemingly dead Van Dam –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

RVD GETS THE SHOUDLER UP!! Van Dam keeps on showing the utmost resolve here! The increasingly frustrated Jericho runs his fingers though his hair before getting a very angry burst of wind, forcing Van Dam up and shoving him between his legs before lifting him up and over himself…GORY NECKBREAKER!! GORY NECKBREAKER!! Van Dam slumps off the back of Jericho, the sick maneuver twisting RVD’s spine and possibly beheading him. Jericho has an angry and sinister look in his eye as he rolls RVD over once again, making sure to hook the leg this time –

1…

2…

3…

NO!!!

VAN DAM ROLLS THE SHOULDER!! Even when Jericho pulls something out of his hat, Van Dam keeps his magic! Jericho is almost beyond frustrated now, rising to his feet and getting all in Foley’s face. Foley, as he’s done all match, gets right back in Jericho’s face. Jericho’s flustered face is burning red at the moment, but he turns back towards RVD to lift his legs for the WALLS OF JERICHO, only for Van Dam pull him forward and ROLL HIM UP! Foley quick to go flat –

2…
3-NO!!

A more accelerated count by Foley, but Jericho is able to get out. Jericho gets to his feet and only has a mere second to look at Foley in utter disgust before he’s met with a Rob Van Dam clothesline. Jericho gets back to his feet quickly, only to be met by another Van Dam clothesline, quickly followed by another. RVD bursts towards Jericho one more time, ducking beneath a clothesline attempt, catching Jericho, and nailing the SITOUT SPINEBUSTER! RVD’s got a full head of steam now it seems, as he looks around the arena so they know what’s coming. Van Dam rebounds off the ropes and front rolls…ROLLING THUNDER…JERICHO CATCHES HIM IN A POWERSLAM!! WOW!! Van Dam leaps for the rolling senton only for Jericho to catch him and flip him all the way around! Jericho quickly pulls Van Dam a little closer to the center of the ring, throwing himself on top of him –

1…

2…

NO!!

Foley with a slower count for Jericho here! Jericho gets up and is stunned, staring at Foley. Foley just chirps back that “you said I was partial. I was only aiming to please”. Jericho is livid at that statement, opting to take it completely out on RVD, throwing right hand after right hand in Van Dam’s face, clubbing his body. Jericho then gets up and again goes to Foley and nearly rips the referee shirt off of him, the crowd throwing a great deal of heat at this. Jericho tells Foley that “you should be ejected”, before screaming somewhat incoherently that Foley shouldn’t be refereeing. Foley just looks at Jericho then looks at the now risen Rob Van Dam, knocks Jericho in the side of the head with a STANDING ROUNDHOUSE!! Van Dam then pulls Jericho to his feet and towards a corner, Van Dam sitting himself on the top rope and coming around…TORNADO DDT!! TORNADO DDT!! Jericho is down, he is out, and RVD quickly rushes back to the ropes and performs the flawless SPLIT-LEGGED MOONSAULT!! Van Dam’s body is partially thrown off, but Van Dam quickly recovers and throws his body on top of Jericho’s, Foley with a dramatic count –

1…

2…

3…

NO!!!

JERICHO SHOWS SOME RESOLVE!! Jericho rolls the shoulder! Foley went to a regular count and Jericho showed how much that AOW Championship means to him. Van Dam isn’t sure where else to go, taking Jericho to his feet and whipping the exhausted champion into a corner, rushing into him with several shoulder thrusts to the gut before backflipping and nailing a third one! As Jericho doubles over but still isn’t out of the corner, Van Dam backs away again, and when Jericho still hasn’t fallen, rushes back at Jericho with the front roll and leaps onto him, looking for the MONKEY FLIP…NO!! Jericho grabs underneath both of Rob’s feet and forces him to fall over…WALLS OF JERICHO!! WALLS OF JERICHO!! WALLS OF JERICHO!! Foley doesn’t look like he likes what he sees, but he ventures down to Van Dam anyway, Jericho causing the crowd to nearly riot with the move. Van Dam is saying over and over that no, he won’t give up, the Hammerstein trying to root their hero on, begging for him not to give into the so called “Worthy Man”. Just when it looks like Van Dam is going to lift his hands for the tapout…HE TURNS AND FINDS THE BOTTOM ROPE!! HE GOT THE BOTTOM ROPE!!

Foley has to tell Jericho that he has to let go of the rope, Jericho hesitantly doing so, throwing RVD’s legs down as though they were dejected toys. Jericho pulls RVD away from the ropes by his legs, although Jericho himself is near some ropes. Jericho attempts to cover RVD in a jackknife position, but throws his legs on the ropes and uses them as leverage out of Foley’s line of sight –

1…

2…

Foley spots the legs! He throws Jericho’s legs off the ropes to a huge ovation! Jericho’s mouth is agape in surprise, but tries to defend himself by pointing at Foley, saying “you can’t touch me, you’re not supposed to touch me.” He then RIPS OPEN FOLEY’S REFEREE SHIRT, getting an insane amount of heat. Jericho then, almost whiningly, looks towards the entrance ramp and screams up it that “WE NEEED A NEW REFEREE!! DISQUALIFY FOLEY!!” While Jericho is turned around and whining, Foley has reached in his pocket and pulled out…MR. SOCKO!!! Foley’s had enough! As Jericho turns back around to the ring Foley winds up…AND GIVES JERICHO THE MANDIBLE CLAW!! MANDIBLE CLAW!! Jericho is lifeless in a few seconds, the crowd going apeshit. RVD is up and gripping his back, seeing the whole thing, Foley only looking at him and smiling before cuing his “BANG BANG” taunt, only for RVD to get the hint and Now dramatically leap to the top rope and situate himself over the KO’d Jericho, Van Dam leaping…FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! HE GOT IT!! Van Dam with the emphatic and emotional cover –

1…

2…

NO THREE COUNT!!

Why? BOBBY LASHLEY HAS PULLED FOLEY FROM UNDER THE BOTTOM ROPE!! Almost identical to the World Ablaze situation, RVD’s literal seconds away from glory and it’s stopped by one of Jericho’s goons! Lashley doesn’t do too great a job, merely pulling Foley out and not doing much to him, only making room to slide in himself. As Lashley slides in, Foley is still pumped and slides in right back after him, shoving Lashley away and sending him right back out…WITH A CACTUS CLOTHESLINE!! FOLEY GOES TUMBLING BACK OVER AS WELL!! Even on the outside, Foley tumbles, while Lashley lands on his feet, but off balance. Just when that happens and the pop can’t get any louder, someone else starts running down the ramp…SAMOA JOE!! JOE IS HERE!! HE’S ON THE HUNT!! Joe jumps in the ring first to check on Van Dam, who is still clutching his back and is slumped in a corner, Jericho still on his back. Joe then takes a look towards the outside where Lashley and Foley have tumbled, Joe swirling around and leaping through the ropes and aiming at Lashley with the ELBOW SUICIDA…LASHLEY PULLS FOLEY IN THE WAY AT THE LAST SECOND!! JOE CRUSHES FOLEY!!

The crowd is audibly deflating at that instant, as the referee goes down hard, Joe taking a moment to gather himself after seeing who he hit. Unbeknownst to him, Lashley is stalking him and BREAKS FOR HIM WITH A SPEAR…JOE SIDESTEPS!! Lashley goes shoulder first into the steel ring steps, leaving Joe room to take him in his clutches and start delivering a flurry of blows to the big man. Lashley takes the hits, but is quick to fight back, Lashley and Samoa Joe now going blow for blow on the outside, each step bringing them closer to the barricade corner. When they finally reach it, Lashley seems to pull away and make room before he lunges at Joe and they go tumbling over the wall and begin brawling in the crowd, seemingly heading out the door.

As that goes on, there’s now no referee in the ring and Van Dam is looking for an option. Jericho is to his feet now as well, but now with no one or no rules to hold him back, RVD EXPLODES on Jericho, spearing him down and delivering his own beatdown onto Jericho for all the schemes and shenanigans that have gone on over the last few months between the two. RVD’s anger is felt all over the arena, causing another insane amount of pops, RVD laying those punches he was working on earlier deep into Jericho’s body. As the crowd gets louder and louder, portions of it get buzzier and buzzier. As Van Dam finally gets off Jericho’s now pummeled mass, someone is there to greet him…WITH A SHILLELAGH SHOT!! IT’S FINALY!!! FINLAY HAS CLOCKED RVD ACROSS THE SKULL!!! The crowd is sunk back towards disbelief, as Van Dam drops like a stone, the oxygen cut-offs to his head now potentially coming into play, as well as the initial Wright blow. Dave Finlay stands over the fallen challenger to a great rain of heat. As Jericho gets to his feet, he walks up to Finlay and appears to try and thank him in almost a groveling sort of way…ONLY TO GET CLOCKED IN THE HEAD WITH THE SHILLELAGH HIMSELF!! FINLAY CLOCKS BOTH MEN!!

The crowd is electrified, no one sure what to think, but everyone on their feet and making noise. Just as quickly as he appeared, Finlay leaves the scene of the crime the way he apparently came and that was through the camera side of the arena. Van Dam and Jericho are completely flatlined here, but there’s absolutely no one to do anything. That is, until senior referee Ray Ramsey hauls ass all the way down the ring, stripes on, and slides headfirst into the fray, only to jump to his feet and begin the count –

…1!!

…2!!

…3!!

…4!!

…5!!

…6!!

…7!!

An eyes glazed RVD is using the bottom ropes to get to his feet, trying to make his way vertical…

…8!!

Van Dam is up! Jericho is still downed it seems, barely stirring, but Van Dam makes it all the way up using the ropes, holding on, and leaping cleanly to the top rope, veering down at the man he hates at his feet. He’s still very much out of it, but the noise of the crowd is all that appears to be fueling him at this point, as RVD stands on the top rope before crouching one more time and leaps…FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH…CODEBREAKER!!! CODEBREAKER!!! CODEBREAKER IN MID-AIR FROM THE FIVE STAR!! I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!! Jericho had one last ounce of something in him, not even fully conscious himself, but he has enough juice to crawl on his hands and knees on top of the now completely KO’d Rob Van Dam –

1…

2…

3…!!!

Here is your winner and STILL AOW Champion…CHRIS JERICHO at (23:39)

Jericho rolls off of RVD’s body in an incredibly weary state, not even fully capable of believing what he just did. The crowd is absolutely livid, but there’s nothing anyone can do about what’s before them. Some are throwing heat, but a majority of others are too much in disbelief to do anything. Jericho is handed his AOW Championship and almost immediately darts out of the ring after getting his hand raised. Why? Because Samoa Joe has just re-entered the fray, crawling into the ring and continuing his hunt, possibly going for Jericho. Lashley has followed Jericho, meeting him at the base of the ramp and helping him to his feet and accompanying him as he goes all the way up the ramp.

Joey Styles:
I’m…I’m at a loss for words…Rob Van Dam, the heart and soul of AOW…can no longer challenge for any championships…

JBL:
THAT’S a Worthy Man! That’s a Worthy Champion!! That’s what’s I’m talkin’ about!

Joey Styles:
How in the hell can you condone something like this, John? It wasn’t just Chris Jericho this time, it wasn’t just Lashley, it was also Finlay! What the hell was Finlay doing here? What does this mean?

JBL:
It means Rob Van Dam is no longer a threat to greatest champion the world has ever known in Chris Jericho! An’ there’s nothin’ you, Shawn Michaels, Samoa Joe, or these people can do about it!

The final image of this darkest of Oblivions is that of RVD slung on the shoulders of Samoa Joe, who is staring up the ramp at Jericho and Lashley, who are in the exact same position. Lashley is holding Jericho up, barely able to hold his title high. Joe and Lashley are staring holes into one another as Jericho revives somewhat enough to raise the championship with both hands as we

Fade…

To…

Black…

END SHOW

.:Confirmed for Next Week:.

~AOW Cruiserweight Championship~
Bryan Danielson(c) v. Aero Star v. Jamie Noble

~Lucky 13 Battle for the #1 Contendership for the AOW Heavyweight Championship~
Participants TBA

Hope too many don't hate me for the main event, but enjoy.

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote