Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #1984 (permalink)
Rush
Turn Out The Lights

Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
No, I'm not.

Shit, it's often a debate I have with some colleagues amd I finally want to put ot to rest. A lot of them keeo insisting it's 25lbs (think of it as holding a 25lb dumbell in each hand) but I insist it's 50 cause well, duh, 25+25=50.

Anyway, why I also ask is because when doind the bench press 50lbs is light. I could do like 15-20 reps with it. But when doing barbell curls I can barely do 3 reps. Is that normal? It makes me wonder if my bench press technique is wrong.
First of all,

barbell

dumbbell

Using any barbell the weight is the amount you put at either end + the weight of the bar. So for example if you have an olympic bar, and you put 20 kg on either end and use it to squat then you are squatting the weights at either end (40kg) + the bar (20kg) for a total squat of 60kg.

Now as for bench press vs barbell curl. They use different muscles. Benching works your pecs, ant. deltoid and tricep, barbell curls works your bicep.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote