Wrestling Forum banner

F1 2012 thread

15K views 226 replies 39 participants last post by  1andOnlyDobz! 
#1 ·
ENw ferrari car released today. Always an exciting day when Ferrari release the car.

Very interested in how this one will run because while i no nothing about aerodynamics the open nose at the front along with the curved front to the nose just looks to me like a paragliders shoot so if the cars going 186mph wont it just take off rather than help the downforce :S

for those who havent seen it yet.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7478259/Ferrari-launch-aggressive-F2012 -

#155 ·
Well earned pole for the best driver on the grid. First since Singapore 2010. Dodgy ending to Qualifying 2 however, so he might be hit with a penalty. Hopefully not, hes earned pole.

As for the rest, great to see Schumacher starting to come back to life. Errored with terrible mistakes from both him & the car/team. Also got to think that Maldonado's car is much better than Senna's. Don't see Button sorting out his problems this season. Completely tyre related, and Pirelli won't be changing them.

Wet races are usually great fun, hopefully continues tomorrow. Don't have my hopes up high however, considering how intense the rain has been.

#162 ·
Even if Webber is overdue a Drivers title, to be honest, so is Alonso. Will be rooting for him to pull it out, especially seeing as Mercedes have slipped and fallen behind. Also hoping that Grosjean can pick up a win this season. Been unlucky a few times, and to be honest, has out-done Raikkonen.

#165 ·
perez is absolutely right to blast maldonado. the ability is there, but he makes way too many mistakes. the new takuma sato. williams should be getting in his ear telling him to shape up, he's continually costing them points, and in obviously a better car than senna. the cold tires excuse is ridiculous, if you dont have any grip on them, dont fight that hard to keep the spot. he did the same amount of stupidity to hamilton as well.

#166 ·
:vettel in the media crying about Hamilton helping out Button by unlapping himself and trying to RACE him... :lmao

All this while he's pulling off illegal overtakes and his team are accused of lying and bending the rules by the FIA before the race... you couldn't make it up :D:

That was the first race i've had the chance of watching in a while. Been really impressed by Webber this year, but Alonso has been a class above any other driver, winning and scoring consistents points in a shitty car and now dominating now that he has a decent car (but still not the quickest), all whilst Massa sits with basically shit all points for this season.

#167 ·
Not sure entirely what to think of Webber. 2 wins, both at famous tracks, but one gifted by a penalty to Schumacher. In other races, hes been rather average (Hockenheim, Bahrain, Spain). So, 1 win on a track notoriously known for being too difficult for the modern F1 car to overtake, and another when the Red Bull had the better tyre strategy than Ferrari.

As for Massa, hes been unlucky. He gets hit by 1 mistake each race, and it costs him a front wing, a tyre, a drive through. Loses 20-80 seconds and hes having to drive through a field of cars which have about the same race pace. Alonso's car is about 0.1-0.2 off the pace, I'd say, to the McLaren or Red Bull. Massa will be about 0.3-0.7 off Alonso, which puts him around the same times of the Williams & Sauber.

As for Williams, promising start seems to be fading. Its a pity, but its no surprise. Maldonado, for all his raw speed and potential talent, isn't the lead driver they need. And Bruno Senna is just average. He might have a weaker car, but he isn't doing anything special at all.

#172 ·
Grosjean gave an interview during the race, saying he can't comment on the accident because he hasn't seen it yet.

A few minutes before that interview he was shown in the box, watching the replay of the crash several times.

:side:

Spa delivers another great race, like it does every year.

#173 ·
Banned for a race. They always go on about Maldonado being crazy, but I don't recall him ever causing a crash that could have decapitated someone. Absolutely reckless, the view from Alonso's cockpit was horrifying. I'd piss myself if d'Ambrosio stepped in for Grosjean and won the race.

#174 ·
i think the ban is harsh. he made a mistake, yes, but banning him, is over the top. he didn't purposely cause a massive crash like that. he pushed hamilton wide too much and it all went to hell from there. a grid penalty + a fine would've done the trick. but banning him is excessive.

#175 ·
He was deliberately trying to block Hamilton off, which is pretty alright in normal circumstances if you're defending a position, but not in the first corner at Spa, that's absolutely amateurish driving, knows there's more than likely gonna be contact, still tries to block him off. Alonso is lucky he wasn't very badly injured, and if Hamilton hadn't have let go of his steering wheel he'd have probably broken his wrist. The ban is just in my opinion.

#176 ·
the cars going over the top is purely unlucky. just because that happened isn't really justification for a ban. it was a pretty ordinary mistake, and yes he should've known better, but bans should only be in place if you do something on purpose. while he was trying to block hamilton, he wasn't trying to cause a crash that could've potentially lead to serious injury, or something monumentally stupid. a mistake, nothing more than that.

#181 ·
marketing. iirc his manager is the same guy behind beckham's move to the galaxy. mercedes is a much, much bigger brand name than mclaren (outside of f1). mercedes might not be able to make his basic wage massive, but there are ridiculous marketing opportunities available outside f1 that trump mclaren. imagine being the face of a brand like mercedes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.